Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Glory Blaze! (519)

Chimchar finally getting set free made me so freaking happy. My God, it was needed seeing as how Paul was effectively a slave driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Chimchar finally getting set free made me so freaking happy. My God, it was needed seeing as how Paul was effectively a slave driver.
    Paul seemed cruel I'll admit, but he wasn't bad per se. His training regimen was just his way of unlocking Chimchar's Blaze, tho I did think he overdid it and that he needed to show more compassion. :[

Another example of the writers contriving the universe to avoid punishing Paul. The guy turns his back on his Pokemon in the middle of a tournament battle (tag team to boot, so Paul is also letting down his partner) and there is no consequence. Really? In Hoenn, May is reprimanded for letting her Bulbasaur push on while Paul blatantly gives up and nothing happens?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Rain the thunder, the bird of thunder: Zapdos!

Proud supporter of AmourShipping

Sylveon Fan!

Emerald Team

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonKnight View Post
    Another example of the writers contriving the universe to avoid punishing Paul. The guy turns his back on his Pokemon in the middle of a tournament battle (tag team to boot, so Paul is also letting down his partner) and there is no consequence. Really? In Hoenn, May is reprimanded for letting her Bulbasaur push on while Paul blatantly gives up and nothing happens?
    Actually, it is an example that Paul is an exact opposite of Ash. That's the main reason the Ash-Paul rivalry was so intense, Paul contradicted and challenged Ash in every aspect. I would obviously agree that it difficult to like Paul as a character given what he has done, but him contradicting and challenging Ash in every aspect was the reason Ash's ideals came to the fore and their rivalry was so heated.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Actually, it is an example that Paul is an exact opposite of Ash. That's the main reason the Ash-Paul rivalry was so intense, Paul contradicted and challenged Ash in every aspect. I would obviously agree that it difficult to like Paul as a character given what he has done, but him contradicting and challenging Ash in every aspect was the reason Ash's ideals came to the fore and their rivalry was so heated.
    I agree that it is in-character decision for Paul to do so but that is not my problem with it. I just find it ridiculous that the referee or tournament officials did nothing about it considering it directly went against the spirit of the tournament and Pokemon battling. Then again, Paul got away with removing Chimchar from the hospital despite Nurse Joy's orders and Cynthia basically didn't give two craps that Paul wasn't going to heal his Pokemon after she placed the smackdown on him so obviously, it never mattered to the writers. The implementation of the rules flowed along with the plot.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Rain the thunder, the bird of thunder: Zapdos!

Proud supporter of AmourShipping

Sylveon Fan!

Emerald Team

I found it amusing when Takeshi assisted Joi at the Pokemon Center, and Shinji ordering his team to attack Hikozaru as part of his training regimen was unbelievable. The flashback that showed how Hikozaru defeated a gang of wild Zangoose was great, but the fact that he had to face another Zangoose here felt contrived. Shinji releasing Hikozaru was sad.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567