Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Saga of Team Supernova (rated PG 13)

@ Blademaster_Jale: Grrrrr...... >=(

It's called the Ipin cushion! It plays your favourite music and doubles as a pin cushion for any of you out there who love to sew! Geez...

Anyway, thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. (BTW you double posted)
    *jumps back and yanks out sword before falling into defensive position*
    sheesh, no need to get defensive! *glances at sword* oops, damn reflexes... *sheathes sword*

and sorry 'bout that double post; it's my useless laggy computer. We've had the dang thing since 2001, it's been through two moves to new houses, and is currently taking a constant onslaught from viruses while our virus protection takes a nap. And yet my parents don't think we need a new computer *rolls eyes*
    Author's Profile

Some stories I reccomend reading:

The Saga of Team Supernova By: FocusPresenceEndurance
    Lost Evolution By: elyvorg
    And my new story:
    Fading Tendrils

Other than the IPin,the chapter was awesome.NOW POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!*Explodes*

Quote Originally Posted by FocusPresenceEndurance View Post
    @ PokemonHero: This is just a guess, but did you perhaps guess that Dave and Alakazam would save them?
    Uh...maybe?

Bulbasaur: Don't lie. That's exactly what you were thinking.

Would you just be quiet?

Bulbasaur: Make me.

Okay... *Pulls out roll of duct tape and covers Bulbasaur's mouth*

Bulbasaur: Mmph...mmph...*Struggles to rip tape off mouth*

Ah, that's better. Yeah, that was what I suspected at first, but then I realized the timeline of events meant that that scenario wasn't likely to happen. And I was able to figure out what the seeds were (though I did confuse the Vile Seed for a Sleep Seed). Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened to that Vile Seed I had anyway? *Looks on computer desk* Ah, there it is. Well, I'll be saving this for later...*Zach comes over* Hey, there you are. I haven't seen you in...

Zach: ...Forever? Yeah, I know. By the way, thanks for finally shutting up Bulbasaur. He was driving Eevee and I crazy.

Sure no prob. Although I will need to remove the duct tape for the next chapter to actually happen. But...Hey what are you doing!? *Bulbasaur suddenly grabs PH by ankles and drags him away from the computer*

Zach: Sigh...there they go again. *Leaves room after PH and Bulbasaur*

Now being reposted!

Oh, now it's becoming very different than before. Seems like you resolved the issues that you were having earlier very nicely. The action and everything was really nice and the descriptions good. Seems like pausing in the middle of battle to describe the evolution throws off the flow a bit, but I suppose that's just how it goes. Might be something good to discuss in a more general sense elsewhere.

Link to my fanfic.
    I was Superkeeleybro on Nsider
    Another great fanfic is The Saga of Team Supernova by FPE

@ Blademaster_Jale: *returns spell book to pocket* be careful Blade, one more syllable and I would have uttered a very dangerous incantation. Lets just leave it at this, how do you like your meat? Toasted? Fried? Or... perhaps... frozen? =P

Anyway, no need to worry about the double post. I find these forums can take a long time to load at times. Just be sure that you double check for double posts in the future though ok?

@ PokemonHero: Thought so. But to be fair, I guess I kinda did sorta lead that way didn't I?

Also, I knew you probably knew what the seeds were. Like I said before, it was meant for other readers too. People who don't play PMD might have gotten confused because of the seeds.

BTW I think I saw Bulbasaur grab the vile seed with his other vine. I'd be careful if I were you O_o.

@ Apotheosis: Really? I thought the evolution fit in quite nicely. Hmm, I'll have to double check that one. But anyway, there are only a few differences in the story that are going to be as MAJOR as that. However, you'll know them when you see them.

Thanks for reading!

On Nsider I was known as Shadesninja.
    No need to call me by my full name. Focus will do just fine. Or you can call me FPE. You can save a second of writing that way! (and save me a second of reading *grins maniacally* Step 1 in world domination complete! Ah-Uh... I mean... um... well you see... grr... foiled again!)

another awesome fanfic!
    btw it's my 1st time here.
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 29th September 2008 at 5:03 AM.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Alright!

Hey everyone! Guess you weren't expecting this were you? Yep, its real, I'm actually gonna post another chapter!

Thank you everyone for waiting (though I know you all didn't really have a choice in the matter) I guess instead I should say something like, thank you for being patient.

More good news is that I finally got a laptop. That means that I can write fanfic where and when I want. So I will have a little more freedom there too, and perhaps even be able to post chapters during the school year (no promises yet).

Anyway, enough chit chat. Time for the new chapter that you've been waiting for!

No need to call me by my full name. Focus will do just fine. Or you can call me FPE. You can save a second of writing that way! (and save me a second of reading *grins maniacally* Step 1 in world domination complete! Ah-Uh... I mean... um... well you see... grr... foiled again!)

Chapter 22

The Strength of Friendship. Home Sweet... Home?

Of all the places on earth, one place that many Pokemon recognize as being among the most inhospitable is a mountain by the name of Mount Blaze. Renowned for its scorching heat, and lakes of molten lava, it is a place that even the most experienced of rescue teams would avoid when helped. In light of the recent rise in temperature around the world, however, this mountain has instead experienced quite the opposite effect, seeing temperatures plummet far below freezing. Why this is happening? Nobody knows for sure, but one thing that is for certain is that it cannot be good, and that something must be done to stop it.

It is also here on this now frigid mountain where a certain rescue team has survived and prevailed above its most challenging of trials yet. It is here on this frozen hell where a team once separated will be united once more.

Tristan gazed across the plateau, as he waited for Torchic and Totodile to appear on the other side. He could hear their voices from somewhere within the labyrinth of boulders but he couldn’t tell where exactly. As the voices came closer, he couldn’t help but wonder why they were here. After all, he had shoved them aside when he fled the village as if they meant nothing to him. Was he really worth that much to them?

“Are you sure you saw him?” He could hear Torchic shout, as the voices became clearer. She sounded somewhat frustrated, or perhaps exasperated.

“Well I’m sure I saw something over there,” retorted another voice defensively. This must have been Totodile. “And if it’s not him then maybe it’s someone who’s seen him.”

Tristan continued to watch over to the other side of the clearing, when he noticed the scarf he had thrown on the ground a little while before. Upon seeing the scarf, he was suddenly reminded of how cold he was. He also realized that many of his wounds weren’t causing him pain anymore. The cold must have numbed his wounds, freezing them shut. Well, at least he wouldn’t have to worry about losing any more blood at the moment. His shoulder, however, still stung painfully from where Zapdos had stabbed him twice. But Tristan worried that it would only be a matter of time before he lost feeling there, too. How much time did he have until he lost sense of everything?

As he looked over himself, he realized how much of a wreck he was. His skin was pale, and his body was practically covered in blood. What would Torchic and Totodile think about this? He looked back at the scarf again, thinking quickly. If he could just try to wipe off at least some of the blood, they might not notice as much. He had been the source of enough trouble already and he didn’t want to place more burden on them.

As fast as he could, he staggered over to the other side of the plateau, though he was nowhere near as quick as he wanted to be. He struggled to drag his feet across the cold stone ground, panting with exhaustion with every step. It felt almost as if he was dragging one of the boulders behind him.

“Tristan!” Torchic cried. Tristan looked up to see that Torchic had come around from one of the large boulders, an expression of joy and relief on her face.

A moment later, another Pokemon came into view, however, it wasn’t the Pokemon Tristan expected to see. He was much larger than Totodile, perhaps roughly twice his size. He also gave off an intimidating vibe. Despite this, though, there was still something about him that was familiar.

“Yes!” I knew I saw something!” the newcomer boasted triumphantly.

“That voice…” Tristan thought. “There’s no mistaking it. That’s his voice. But... what happened to him?”

“We were looking all over for you!” Torchic cried as she ran up to him. “Oh, it so good to see you’re…” she took a moment to glance over him and suddenly gave a horrified scream. “Tristan! Wh- wh- what happened to you? Croconaw! Get over here quick!”

“What... this?” Tristan replied stubbornly, trying to put on a brave face. “It’s… nothing. Don’t worry about me.”

“Yeah, we’ve heard that one before,” the new Pokemon spoke as he dropped their toolbox onto the ground and reached into for what Tristan could only assume was an Oran Berry. “They’re a little burnt, but they should do the trick.”

Tristan took a moment to look at the berry in the blue hand in front of him. He then reached for it gratefully, ignoring the charred skin. The berry didn't have much taste to it, but Tristan wasn't sure whether this was a good or bad thing. Evidently it was good because he didn’t have to bear the awful burnt taste of it but it was also troubling because it was the blood in his mouth that was nullifying it. He shoved several more down his throat before he began to feel their effects. A minute later, and his fatigue had begun to lift, and his colour returned. He still looked like a wreck, but with some renewed strength, he managed to stand up straight. The first thing he did was walk over to his scarf and wipe off as much blood as possible.

“Totodile,” Tristan attempted again. “Wh-”

“Croconaw,” he interrupted.

Tristan paused a moment. “What?”

“Croconaw…” he repeated. “That’s my name now. Oh…” Upon the remark he placed a hand on his chin.

“Oh what?” Tristan asked. So what? He wasn’t Totodile? Who was he? Why was he here? Where was Totodile?

Croconaw turned to look down at Torchic. “We didn’t explain evolution to him did we?”

“Evolution?” Tristan asked. This was definitely new to him.

“This… really isn’t the time for this.” Torchic replied as she looked back up at Croconaw. “Isn’t there something else that we should be telling him?”

“Oh… right…” Croconaw said, as his expression dimmed. “Uh… Tristan. There’s… something we gotta… tell you.”

Whatever it was, Tristan could tell that it couldn’t have been good. They had bad news for him? But it couldn’t have been as bad compared what he had done.

“There’s something I need to tell you too,” Tristan admitted. “But you go first.”

Both Torchic and Croconaw exchanged confused and hesitant looks but proceeded nonetheless.

“Okay…” Croconaw began reluctantly. “Well you know… you know the day we met? The day when we had our first encounter with Team Supreme?”

Tristan nodded.

He hesitated a moment, until Torhic spoke up in his place. “That day, you told us that you were a human. We… didn’t believe you. We told you that we did, but we were only playing along.”

“… what?” Tristan asked, taken aback. He was hoping he’d heard them wrong. Or perhaps it was a slip of the tongue.

“You see,” Croconaw continued, “The only reason we told you we believed you was because we wanted you on our team. And the only reason we wanted you on our team… was because… we thought that if you were around, we could become more like Team Blue.”

“You mean…” Tristan asked, realizing that they really were serious. “Everything we ever did? Anything we ever said? It was all an act? It meant nothing to you?”

“No wai-” Torchic attempted.

“But... we’ve been through so much. Yet you’re saying it was all just an act to get me to believe that you cared?” He tried to shake his mind of the thought. It couldn’t be true. Yet the tiniest hint of doubt remained in his mind, continually nagging at him. What if it was true?

“No, that’s not it Tristan…” Croconaw mumbled.

But Tristan was already lost in his thoughts. All his time as a Pokemon he had thought them to be his friends. They were the first and only ones to believe his story, or so he thought. They were his only source of comfort, the only ones who he wouldn’t feel alone around. And now he found himself being told that none of it even mattered to them? That all they ever cared about was that he was their ticket to fame.

Why? Never before had he felt so alone. Now there really was nobody to turn to. He looked back up to face the two, seeing them as completely different from how he knew them only minutes ago. All the things they had ever done for him suddenly lost meaning. All the words of comfort they had said were no more than lies to keep him on their team. Even when Tristan had fallen in the river, Totodile had probably only saved him so he could keep his prize teammate alive. Maybe Tristan would have been better off if he had drowned.

“After all the places we’ve been,” he said, his voice trembling. “After all the challenges we’ve faced… Did you ever once consider me to be your friend? Is the only reason you came all this way was to get your precious mascot back?”

“No Tristan!” Torchic cried.

“We look back at what we’ve done, and we hate ourselves for it!” Croconaw said desperately. “We’ve always considered you as our friend! Ever since we saw the way you treated Growlithe back on our first mission! We saw what kind of person you were then! It was then that I wanted to be your friend! And it was then we began to regret the things we’ve done!”

“We may not have believed you at the time,” Torchic added. “But we did know that you were a good person! One who would stand up for his friends, no matter what! We were exiled from the village because we stood up for you! We didn’t have to, but we did it anyway! We chose our friendship with you over the reputation of our team! We came all this way in order to find you and make amends!”

Tristan suddenly felt a pang of guilt, as if he’d been stabbed in the heart by Zapdos. They had become exiles because they stood up for him? And what did they have to get through to get here in the first place? It was only now that he realized that he wasn’t the only one in rough shape. Both of them showed signs of painful burns all over their bodies. Even Torchic’s feathers were singed in places. He suddenly felt awful for jumping to the wrong conclusion so quickly and doubting their friendship so easily.

After a moment of silence, Tristan spoke. “You did all that… for me?”

“C’mon, it’s what friends do, right?” Croconaw asked, trying to break a grin. “I mean, you would’ve done the same for us right?” It was the first smile that had been attempted since the mention of the bad news, and it was much needed. “And... we really do believe you’re a human now, too.”

Tristan gave a confused look. “What do you mean? I thought you said you didn’t believe I was a human.”

“Well... that’s what we used to think,” Torchic replied. “But we ran into someone who told us differently.”

“What? Who...” Tristan asked, as he tried to think of anyone who would have told them something like that. At first, it seemed pretty hard to believe. “Oh... wait... you’re not saying...” The burn marks said it all. They must have fought the firebird he saw earlier. It must have been Torchic and Croconaw that he sensed before leaving in a rage.

Both Torchic and Croconaw nodded. “Yeah,” Croconaw said, as if reading his thoughts. “We fought Moltres. He was the one who told us you were a human.”

“You fought that monster?” Tristan cried. This was far worse than he’d imagined. He would have known since he had to fight against both Articuno and Zapdos with assistance and luck. Both of those birds had brought him to his limits. He shuddered at the thought of what they had been through.

“That’s when I evolved,” Croconaw added proudly. “You could say the battle was a good thing. I came out stronger than before.”

“But there was something weird about what Moltres said,” Torchic said, tilting her head. “Legend has always told that the legendary birds were very territorial, but that’s not why he attacked us. He almost let us go had it not been for my big mouth.”

“You didn’t insult him somehow did you?” Tristan asked.

“No!” she snapped back instinctively, then, realizing the tone of her voice, calmed down. “The reason he attacked us was because we were friends with... you.”

“That’s right,” Croconaw jumped in. “I remember. He accused us in interfering with Articuno’s attempt to kill you, and then accused us for assisting in the destruction of the world. Tristan, do you know what he was talking about? What the heck is going on?”

“I’m... not really sure myself,” Tristan answered regretfully. “There was... something I didn’t tell you since we returned from Frosty Forest.”

“And that was?” Torchic asked.

“There was someone after my life.”

Both Torchic and Croconaw were silent a moment. “Hang on,” said Croconaw, “Your life was in danger and you didn’t even bother to tell us?”

“And what difference would it have made if I did tell you!” Tristan answered defensively. “That was all I knew at the time! All Articuno told me was that there was someone out there and that they wanted me dead! I just didn’t want you to worry.”

“But we’re a team,” Torchic urged. “Teams face things together.”

“What’s so wrong with friends worrying about each other?” Croconaw asked. “Why must you hide everything from us?”

To this, Tristan could not answer. He really didn’t know why exactly. He always felt like he’d be a burden if he did that. His eyes wandered from the ground up to the slopes of the frozen volcano, hoping he’d find the answer there. “I don’t know...” he finally answered. “I just haven’t really been used to anyone worrying about me befo-”

“This isn’t the human world anymore, Tristan!” Croconaw interrupted, startling Tristan. “It doesn’t matter what your life used to be like anymore! You have friends now! You don’t have to face things alone anymore! Please, let us back you up!”

“That’s right!” Torchic agreed. “We’re here for you!”

This one hit home. Finally it was all coming back to him. The feeling that there was someone there for him. Someone who would support him, and even fight for him. After his long journey of solitude to get here, he felt he would never know what it was like to have friends again. That it was just something that he was never meant to experience. Now, it was all rushing back like a tsunami. “You guys...” Tristan said as he covered his eyes to hide his tears. “I... I don’t know what to say...”

“You don’t have to say anything,” Croconaw replied comfortingly, approaching Tristan and placing a hand on his head. “Just try not to hide things from us anymore.”

Tristan looked up at his friends again through tearful eyes and nodded slightly. “Alright... I’ll try.”

“Now...” Torchic began after several more moments of silence. “Was that all you know about what’s going on?”

“Well,” Tristan answered, as he tried to dry his eyes with the clean parts of his blood stained scarf. “That’s all I knew for a while. But I know a lot more now. Its all because of what happened on this mountain.” He proceeded to describe what he had witnessed in the clearing only hours ago. Both Torchic and Croconaw were shocked to learn about the mysterious appearance of Jirachi, as well as troubled by hearing the mention of Sanngot. Apparently neither of them had ever heard of such a Pokemon either.

“I just don’t get it though,” Croconaw said, scratching his head. “Why do you need to be dead for this Sanngot guy to save the world? We’re trying to figure out how to save the world too, right? Why are we a threat to him? I mean, we wouldn’t try to stop him or anything. Would we?”

“I don’t know,” Tristan answered,equally confused. It’s as if his thoughts were becoming verbs through the mouths of his friends. “I know I wouldn’t stop him.”

“There must be something we’re missing...” Torchic murmured thoughtfully. “Or perhaps something we’re not being told.” Just then, a freezing gust of wind swept up from the foot of the mountain, giving everyone shivers. “...W-w-w-well I’m pretty sure we won’t f-figure much out just standing around here,” she shuddered as she tried to burry herself deeper in her charred scarf. Her attempt to gain more warmth however, proved to be in vain. “Maybe we should start heading back now.”

“Where?” Tristan asked.

“Where else?” Croconaw chuckled. “Back to the village of course. We probably won’t be very welcomed, but I’m sure everyone will get over it.”

At the mention of this, Tristan suddenly got an empty feeling in his gut. “Maybe it’s not such a good idea...” Tristan answered nervously.

“It’s because of Dave, isn’t it?” Croconaw asked. “Tristan, we know that the reason you left was because you tried to speak with him. And we know that he was your friend in the human world.”

“What? How did you-” Tristan was about to say.

“Let’s just say you give away a little more about yourself away than you think,” Torchic interrupted. “But there’s something you should know about Dave. When he came to the human world he lost all his memories. He couldn’t remember you even if he tried.”

“Huh? Really?” Tristan asked.

“Yeah,” Croconaw answered. “We tried to stop you but when we got to the village, it was too late. You were already running in the opposite direction.”

But... that didn’t make any sense. Tristan could understand why Dave might have arrived in the Pokemon world with amnesia, since Tristan himself couldn’t remember a thing when he arrived there too. But Gardevoir had returned Tristan’s memories to him and specifically told him to speak with Dave. Why wouldn’t Gardevoir have returned Dave’s memories to him?

“Um... Tristan?” Torchic asked, interrupting his thoughts. “So are we going or what?”

“Well that wasn’t exactly the reason I didn’t wanted to go back,” Tristan said.

Torchic gave a great sigh. “Then what is it? I really want to get off the awful mountain!”

“Well, now that you know all that I know about what’s going on...” he began awkwardly. “Well, what if I really was a threat to the Earth. What if this Sanngot person really did need me dead. I was just thinking... perhaps it would be best if you guys did leave without me after all. I mean... I would understand if yo-”

“Tristan!” Croconaw snapped. Tristan looked up suddenly up to see his friend with his hands on his hips and wearing a annoyed yet amused expression. “Why even bother asking? You already know what the answer’s gonna be?”

“You might as well give it up,” Torchic said. “You’re not getting rid of us.”

To this Tristan gave an amused smile, rolling his eyes before moving to follow his friends off the plateau. “Fine, you win” he joked. “Man there’s no getting away from you guys is there?”

With that, the finally reunited team made to leave the frigid mountain, every one of them glad to be leaving the freezing place behind. Their journey here may have been a living hell, but the journey back couldn’t have been better. Surrounded by his friends again, Tristan was able to feel worry free again. He knew that he should probably have been worrying about what actions should have been taken next. But for now he just wanted to enjoy himself.

“So that’s what evolution is...” Tristan said, impressed, as he looked back at Croconaw with a look of amazement on his face. Tristan still had the habit of looking to where Totodile’s face would have been. It would take a while for him to fully get used to Croconaw’s new height. “And here I thought that all the Pokemon I met looked that way their entire lives.”

They were currently heading in the direction of their team base, walking along the familiar dirt road which was surrounded by dense lush green forest. It had been a few days since they left Mount Blaze behind, and though they were still injured badly, they had managed to take the important measures to stay healthy. The first thing they would do upon returning to the village was head for the Chansey Hospital.

The sky was a clear blue with the sun shining directly overhead. There was barely any humidity today, though the heat of the sun could still be felt. The only odd thing was that everywhere they looked, it was completely silent. It was as if the entire forest had been abandoned. Another thing evident was the slight scent of dirt that mingled in the air.

“Nope,” Croconaw answered proudly. “Though there are some Pokemon that don’t evolve during their entire life, there are also others that will evolve up to two times.”

“Only twice?” Tristan asked, astounded. “And is that it for you? Or will you evolve again?”

“Oh, I have one more evolution down the road for me,” Croconaw answered excitedly. “By then I will become a Feraligatr!”

“And you?” Tristan asked, turning to Torchic.

“Well I still have two evolutions to go through,” she said, even allowing herself to become excited by the thought. It was clear that evolution was an exciting topic among Pokemon. “First I’ll become a Combusken, and then I will become a Blaziken.”

“And... what about me?” Tristan asked reluctantly.

“Oh, you’ll only evolve once,” Croconaw answered. “And when you do you’ll become a Marowak.”

“What? Only once?” Tristan asked, almost in a whiney tone. “Man, that sucks.”

“Well if it makes you feel any better,” Torchic giggled, “Dave only evolved once too, while both Sceptile and Typhlosion evolved twice.”

Tristan winced a moment. Just by the mention of their names brought back bad memories making Tristan feel uneasy, and slightly ashamed. However he quickly brushed the thought away, replacing it with a new one.

“I find it odd though,” he said, speaking his thoughts. “Doesn’t it get confusing to have to change your name all the time? I mean wouldn’t it take you a while to get used to being called Croconaw? And what if there are a bunch of the same Pokemon and you only wanted to talk to one of them? That’s something I’ve always found confusing.”

Both Croconaw and Torchic exchanged nervous glances at this, as if they had been hoping he would never ask.

“Well you see...” Croconaw said. “Along with the name of what species they are, a Pokemon will also have a nickname that they either named for themselves, or named by their parents. But usually if there aren’t many others of the same species around they will be fine if they are just called by their species name.”

“Oh,” Tristan said. “How come you’ve never told me your names?”

“Uh... well uh,” Croconaw said, tapping his two index fingers together. “You see. I... really prefer it if people call me by my species name rather than my nickname.”

“Same here,” Torchic added, turning back to Tristan.

“But why?” he asked. “It doesn’t make sense. Why wouldn’t you want to be called by a name that sets you apart from all the others of your kind?”

“Well you see,” Croconaw said reluctantly. “My parents gave me that name, and well... when I’m called by that name it reminds me of them. I mean I know my goal is to find them one day, but to be reminded that their gone every time someone calls me by name, I just can’t handle it.”

“I don’t like to get called by my name essentially for the same reason as Croconaw,” Torchic stated. “It just reminds me too much of my past. And that’s something I just want to leave behind and never look back.”

“Oh,” Tristan said, feeling sorry he’d asked. That was a whole lot to take in, and he was hoping that it hadn’t taken too much on their part to tell him. “Well... is it not too much trouble to tell me what your names are?” he asked hopefully. “I won’t call you by them, I just wanna know.”

“Well...” Croconaw said, slightly reluctantly. “I guess I should’ve told you when we first met shouldn’t I? The name I go by besides Croconaw is... Tide.”

There was a pause when both Tristan and Croconaw turned to Torchic.

“...Do I have to?” she asked.

“No...” Tristan replied, slightly disappointed. “I just though it would be nice to know.”

To this Torchic gave a huge roll of her eyes. “Well when you put it that way...” she sighed. “Fine, I’ll tell you. My name is Ashley. But please, just call me Torchic OK?”

“Yes, yes,” Tristan agreed. “I already said I would didn’t I?” Quietly, however,he uttered to himself, “Unless I’m looking for you amongst a crowd of Torchic.”

“What was that?” she asked, giving a threatening look back.

“Oh nothing,” Tristan answered, managing to hide his smirk before she turned around again. Well at least if he did lose them in a crowd now he would be able to find them without a problem now.

They had just turned the corner that led towards their team base. Just the sight of it managed to bring back good memories, making Tristan even more confident in his decision to come back. Glancing at the mailbox, Tristan noticed that there was no mail that had arrived for them. Obviously people either didn’t allow mail to come to them anymore, or people didn’t want to be rescued by them. It would probably take a long time before they managed to clear this bad mark off their record.

Just then all three of them noticed some commotion out front their team base. Two small mice had just left the yard, both of them looking frantically up and down the path. There was something strange about the way they were behaving. They seemed rushed, and in a panic. Upon closer inspection, Tristan realized that these two mice were none other than Plusle and Minun.

Minun caught sight of Team Supernova approaching, and quickly nudged Plusle to get his attention, then both of them ran towards the team at full speed.

“What’s th-” Torchic was about to ask.

“Oh Team Supernova! Thank goodness you’re here!” Minun cried. “We need your help! Persian is in trouble!”

“Hang on,” Croconaw said, holding his hands out to slow the two mice down. “Pause, rewind and slow down. What’s going on?”

Minun took a moment to breathe, then regained his composure. “It’s Persian from the Felicity Bank!” he cried as he pointed in the direction of the village. “He’s in trouble! He needs help!”

“Hold on,” Torchic said. “Where is everyone else? Surely there’s someone in the village who could help him out better than we could.”

“But everyone’s at the refugee camp!” Plusle answered frantically. “There’s nobody around to help him! And we’re to small to help him ourselves! He’s going to fall if we don’t hurry!”

“Refugee camp?” Tristan asked in alarm. “What’s going on? Did something happen?”

“Just hurry! There’s not much time!” Minun urged. With that, both Minun and Plusle sprinted in the direction of the village. Tristan, Torchic and Croconaw all exchanged confused looks before following in their steps. All of them wondered what possibly could have happened while they were gone.

As the village drew nearer, the silence of the forest grew ever heavier. The only noise that broke the silence was the innocent breeze through the trees. One thing that stuck out more than ever now, though was the growing stench of dirt in the air. With every step closer to the village, the smell became ever more potent.

A light at the end of the path signaled the entrance to the village. But Tristan couldn’t help but be confused. It wasn’t how he remembered the entrance to the village. He was sure there was a distinct turn before the woods ended. Looking at the expressions on both of his team-mates, it was clear that they were thinking the same thing.

Up ahead, both Plusle and Minun stopped abruptly where the trees ended, joined quickly by the three members of Team Supernova. Nothing could have prepared them for what met their eyes next.

“Wh- what happened here?” Torchic asked in horror.

“The village...” Croconaw managed to croak. “The village... it’s...”

“Gone...” Tristan finished.

To be continued...
    Last edited by FocusPresenceEndurance; 21st December 2008 at 12:33 AM.

FPE used Reviver Seed and revived this story! And yay for 1st review!
    Okay...time for a little nit-picking (uses Team Gemstar as escorts to dodges fan's stone, sticks etc.)
    Tristan took a moment to look at the berry in the blue hand in front of him. He then reached for it gratefully, ignoring the charred skin. Fortunately or unfortunately the berry didn’t have much taste to it. Fortunately because he didn’t have to bear the awful burnt taste of it but unfortunately because it was the blood in his mouth that was nullifying it. He shoved several more down his throat before he began to feel their effects.
    The underline part felt a bit repetitive...
    “Well I still have two evolutions to go through,” she said, even allowing herself to become excited by the thought. It was clear that evolution was an exciting topic among Pokemon. “First I’ll become a Combusken, and then I will become a Blazekin.”
    Misspelling of Blaziken

“Yes, yes,” Tristan agreed. “I already said I would didn’t I?” Quietly, however,he uttered to himself, “Unless I’m looking for you amongst a crowd of Torchic.”
    Tristen's got a good point there, Ashl...I mean Torchic. (almost got burnt to ashes when Jenny suddenly stepped in front of me and took the attack) Oh dear...*pulls out an Oran berry from my pocket*

Oh gawd...the village is destroyed and Persian is in some unknown trouble? Let's all panic! 0_0

Awesome chapter, the revelation of Croconaw and Torchic's name add on a nice touch
    sweet_piplup123
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 20th December 2008 at 12:37 PM.

Aww... crap...

The village is gone, which means that the Apocalypse is coming! Guess the next chapter is do or die for Supernova.

A war of this scale deserves the final boss music from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, as it is very fitting.

wow! thats going to suck for tristan case he can't go to the hospital.
    anyways great chapter.
    (I would think "what iv'e done" or "headstrong" would fit good too)

We have to keep running to the unseen end
    We may have never seen such restful days again
    Bury your despair deep in your heart
    Let your face show nothing but strength
    Ever onwards our tired wings carry us
    They'll never ever beat us down

~Credit to Lyniar for the amazing banner
    Lyrics from D. Gray Man Opening~

Talking

*all see the flash of a Discharge from the distance* WAAAGH!! *is thrown full-force into the room, crashing into a wall and w/ static electricity crackling in her hair* owww.... *twitch twitch* That...ladies and...gentlemen...is why...you don't--ow--ever, ever, EVER...make Raichu angry...she's scarily strong, seriously... @_@ Huh? Oh, right! Ahem! I have now been officially ungrounded from fanfiction writing! I HAVE RETURNED FROM THE DEPTHS! WOOOOOT!!

“You don’t have to say anything,” Croconaw replied comfortingly, approaching Tristan and placing a hand on his head. “Just try not to hide things from us anymore.”
    *Snicker* ....he's really short right now... XD

“What? Only once?” Tristan asked, almost in a whiney tone. “Man, that sucks.”
    Lol, nice humor. It's always great to see the heroes acting immature, if only for a brief second. ^^

I also enjoyed finding out about Croconaw and Torchic's names. Tide and Ashley, huh...strangely enough one of my really old OC's was named Tide. o-o Oh well. ^^ I'm so glad this fic lives! Now that I have (most of) my privileges back, you shall find me staked out here, eagerly anticipating the next installment. And next time Razor and Blaziken are coming with me to critique. Toodles!

Fantasy remains a human right: we make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made: and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks for the replies everyone. Deeply appreciated! I'm glad everyone liked the name thing too. Just in case you were curious, this didn't happen in the first version. Everyone just went around with Pokemon names.

@sweet_piplup123: Hey, thanks for the corrections. I just fixed them.

Uh oh, I'd hate to be caught in a cat (not really cat =/) fight between Ashley and Jenny. Oooooooooooh. Sounds violent. Even Croconaw would probably have difficulty separating them.

And long live cliffhangers! >=). Of course I will try to make it so you don't have to wait as long for the next one this time. One good thing about Chapter 21 was that there wasn't much of a cliffhanger, so I didn't have to feel guilty about leaving people hanging for 4 months.

@ Brumrha: Well... not quite. I'm sure you'll find in the future that I have found quite a more epic setting for the final battles. Nevertheless, this is still one of the bigger events in the story, but there is still a whole lot more plot to go through =).

@ 1# manga fan!: Yeah. Thank goodness for magical berries that heal you though. They'd be goners if it hadn't been for those. I guess we'll see what happens next chapter though.

@ Koridojo_Blaziken: Whataya talkin about? Dave isn't that easy to anger is he? lol Good to see you back Kori!

Yep. Tristan's gonna feel even shorter when another one of his friends evolves. O_O *gasp! Oh noes! He revealed a whole chunk of the story! O_O* Well not really actually. I mean c'mon, you knew she would evolve eventually right?

Anyway, yeah, I had fun imagining how Tristan would feel upon realizing he had only evolved once.

Special not Kori, next chapter there will be a huge difference. Lets see if you notice shall we? A cookie if you do.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments!

*Pops up from hole he's been hiding in*

Is it really here? The long-awaited, overly-anticipated Chapter 22? *Looks at thread* YES! IT IS TRUE!!!

Well, now that were back here, how about I review?

Aw, what a great reunion. I was almost afraid Tristan was going to run away again when Croconaw and Torchic told the truth about not (initially) believing that he was human. In the end, though, I'm happy that he learns that they now believe him. And the whole scene about evolution was pretty entertaining, especially Tristan's disappointment that he only has one evolution.

But what's this? The village has been destroyed. Something tells me that things are going to get very interesting for Team Supernova. Sucks that they don't even get a day to recooperate.

Now being reposted!

Long live writers is what we strive to give. well i probably said it wrong and bad but reading the chapter makes it worth a wait.

Tide and Ashley, I know quite a few ashley's and they are act similar to the torchic (sorry just being a little funny)

Destruction of the village, I smell that it was Moltres doings :O I could be wrong but thats a good guess at what may have caused the destruction. Goo job on the description, and evolution ftw!!!

Well, we at least know that you're alive and our friends/heroes are still doing their best.

Sincerely, Slipomatic :P

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

Glad I could help
    Uh oh, I'd hate to be caught in a cat (not really cat =/) fight between Ashley and Jenny. Oooooooooooh. Sounds violent. Even Croconaw would probably have difficulty separating them.
    Uh...okay....? In this case I might tell Rosa and Oliver to be on their guards...

There is also one more thing I am wondering...I wonder how Tristen will forgive Dave, or actually, is he ever going to forgive him...

@ PokemonHero: Thanks! Tristan just may have run if he hadn't been injured. I guess the battle turned out to be a good thing in that respect. Unfortunately the battle won't have proved helpful for whats to come. Oh the dilemma!

@ Slipomatic: Well I did try to choose a name that sounded fitting while at the same time represented her element in a slight way.

Moltres eh? Well keep in mind that Moltre's was almost decimated by Croconaw and Torchic. If you look back, you may see that I dropped some clues as to what might have happened to the village. But you're not hearing anything else from these lips er... you're not reading anything else from this computer!

@ sweet_piplup123: Well Tristan can't exactly blame Dave for not remembering right? I mean sure he may be confused as to why Gardevoir didn't get Dave's memory back for him. But in the end she told him, so hopefully things will be able to work out somehow... hopefully.

I just looked at this thread, and it seems you started this FanFic last year. With its age, it means it is pretty good. Then, with the reviews, or actually comments now of your Fans, they seem so into the story meaning a great one. Just by those few facts I bet you'll make a great Author. Now i better start catching up. *Goes away to read a few chapters.*

shhhh..... I get short termed memory, so most often i forget sometimes what i read. T_T

I was just saying that i really liked the chapter, and to not make my post not spam, put some stuff that I liked in the chapter... perhaps not enough of what I like, but i'm not picky about things.... I just like reading a very neat and tidy story that is very enjoyable.

This isn't saying that if a story is poorly written that I would refuse to read it, but if improved with grammer and such, can turn into a fairly nice story.

Sorry to get off subject but I probably needed to explain myself a little.

But I guess I'll say one thing about the chapter, I did feel that you rushed a little bit in the reunion and little bit of the dialog. Not a bad thing, but not a good thing either. But thats my opinion.

P.S. Probably my 2nd and 3rd paragraph like lines probably would go under my writers advice lol

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

@ #Chimecho#: Thanks! That does mean a lot to me. And its always good to see a new reader. I hope you enjoy reading it!

@ Slipomatic: Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I did have a pretty good deal of trouble coming up with this chapter and it was because of that that it took so long to write. You see, I didn't want to make it too dry and brief yet I didn't want to make it over dramatic and stretched out. Oh well. Hopefully I learned something from this.

Holy crap this is late but, I say great chapter, and hope you have the next one ready

Zack and Evan, the most badass pokemon on the planet

Credit to Queen_Lugia for the recolors and the pixel-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    Holy crap this is late but, I say great chapter, and hope you have the next one ready
    Worry not. The next chapter is currently being worked on. I will try to finish it as soon as possible, but at the same time I will not try to rush the chapter to produce a mediocre job.

The good news is that I will have more freedom for my writing now so during the school-year I will also be able to post a few chapters.

i have absolutly no idea why I havn't posted but these are some really good chapters. I like the evolution of Tide.

Haha Triston is gonna feel short when his whole team is like six feet tall and evovled and then he evovles only to be like four feet tall.

Anyway great chapters and I can't wait 'till the next one.
    Einstein: If life is XYZ then X = having fun Y = working hard and Z = knowing when to keep your mouth shut

Well, bet you guys thought I was gone but...
    GUESS WHAT I'M BACK!!!!!!

Well, anyways I have finally returned from my absense. Can't guarantee it'll last long, but still... to celebrate my return, I decided to join the club and brought my own Pokemon side-comment-makers; Scizor,

Sciz: Yo.

and Pachirisu!

Pach: Higuysnicetomeetyouifyoucan'ttellI'mthetalkativeon eofthegro-
    *Sciz backhands Pach*

...anyways, I'll start by explaining my reasons for not logging on for so long. As always, there was the annoyance of school-

Pach: HefailedBiology!
    *Sciz backhands Pach... again*

Thanks. Either way, along with school I had various other activities, like-

Sciz: Church.

Yeah, Church, and also-

Sciz: Theatre.

Yes, I've been doing some acting and also... *looks at Sciz*

Sciz: ...What?

Uh, nevermind. I've also had all the new junk I got for Christmas to distract me. Pach, the list if you'd please...

Pach: OhitwassoawesomehegotShadowoftheColossusforthePS2a ndbeatitinlikeadayandhealsogotKingdomHeartsRE:Chai nofMemoriesandbeatthatinliketwodaysandhealsogotaGa meStopgiftcardthatheusedtobuyFinalFantasyXIICollec tor'sEditionforonlytwelvebucksandinperfectconditio ntooandhealsogotanewGamecubecontrollercausetheoldo nebrokeandanIpodNano!!!!!
    *Pach falls over hyperventilating*

...Uh, Sciz? Translation?

Sciz: He got stuff.

And that settles it! Oh, and the biggest reason why I haven't been on the computer is-
    *Pach jumps up without warning*

Pach:BLADEGOTAGIRLFRIEND!!!!!
    *Sciz tackles Pach*

Well, yes. 'tis true. But enough about me: on to the review! Sciz, is Pach gonna be quiet?

Sciz: He dead.

Okay! Now, here we go:

This chapter has very much redeemed your absense. Every bit of it either continued or showed improvement in your skills as a writer; descriptions were good but not too long, dialogue moved well, emotions showed themselves well, and the story continues to amaze.

I very much liked the revealing of Tide and Ashley's nicknames. When Croconaw told his my first thought was "Meh, cliche." and then I remembered it was more of a nickname; something to diversify from a crowd. Torchic's name, however, caught me a bit by surprise. After something like Tide I expected her's to be Ember/Amber, or something else that held ties to Fire. Yet... Ashley works. It's simple, it's normal, and IMO it suits the character. Good Job.

The plot-twist and cliffhanger at the end murdered me. Seriously. Pokemon Square is teh dedzorz. I.... well, sheesh I don't think I can wait another four months for the resolution! Hopefully you'll be able to write up the next chapter in a reasonable time. If not...
    *Sciz begins whetting claws like knves*
    Author's Profile

Some stories I reccomend reading:

The Saga of Team Supernova By: FocusPresenceEndurance
    Lost Evolution By: elyvorg
    And my new story:
    Fading Tendrils

@ SamuraiDragon1: Hehe, yeah. And to add to that, I do believe that Feraligatr and Blaziken become the tallest of all the final evos of the starters. I could be wrong though. Thanks for the Comment!

@ Blademaster_Jale: Hey! It's great to see ya back! If at least for a little while. Needless to say I was surprised to see that you were the one who bumped this thread.

Thanks for the review. It really motivates me to get the next chapter finished. BTW for anyone else, I plan on posting the next chapter before the end of January. Hopefully this will be a deadline that I will be able to meet.

Also, you'll probably end up giving yourself a face-palm when I tell you how I came up with the name Ashley... You see, I first thought of something related to fire (ash) then realized that Ashley has that very same word in it. So there you have it.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast