Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saga of Team Supernova (rated PG 13)

Sorry. Had to catch up with the recent chapters...^^U

DAVE!!! NO!! HOW COULD YOU!! ...okay, considering the whole amnesia thing. But STILL!!

What also struck me is the fact that everybody else is so quick to call Tristan a liar. I'd think they'd try and figure out more of Tristan's side of the story, and THEN jump to conclusions based on that.

Zora says: Yeah, just because something sounds completely crazy doesn't immediately mean it's a lie. Crazier things have happened--Alex would know.

And what's THAT supposed to mean?! Ehh...anyways, I'm guessing that there's another battle coming for our Cubone protagonist? Hopefully the emo cloud goes away so he can put all his rage into the battle. I shall now camp out in front of the comp in anticipation of the next chapter.

Zora: And get your butt to work on MY fanfic, I hope...anyways, FPE, I'm enjoying this fanfic almost as much as Alex. Keep it up.
    Yes, I am sarcastic. No, I am not some emo goth-type cutter person. Yes, that is a muffin on my shoulder. And yes, I am VERY MUCH an ETERNAL POKEMON FREAK!! ...so get that in yer head, and all will be good.

Who else can take down an angry legendary, all while maintaining a sense of cynicality?"PMD: Song of Rage," coming soon to an SPPF near you.

Agh...banging head on the wall while waiting for next chapter...Gonna go crazy from all this waiting!!!! @_@

Fantasy remains a human right: we make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made: and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien

lol I guess this waiting will end with an even more thrilling chapter :P
    sorry this post is short. Doing this on my phone :P

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

@ Smart Alex: Well. Part of the reason Sceptile was so aggressive was partly because he is possessive of his friend. He thought Tristan was causing Dave trouble, so immediately. Tristan was in his bad books.

Charizard and Tyranitar had already seen what they thought was the true face of Team Supernova. The type of team who steals missions, (we can all thank Team Supreme for that )

And everyone else... well. There were two teams very famous and admirable teams there. They could be considered almost like celebrities in that world. Crowds usually tend to side with those kinda people.

All that, then add on the fact that it is highly unlikely and I think it makes sense. I could be wrong, but that's just my reasoning.

@ Koridojo_Blaziken: I'm sorry =(. Its just that I've been so busy. Exams are next week already, and I have to study my brains out until them. I will not have another chapter up this weekend, unfortunately, but when my exams are over, I will be able to post an a more regular basis. So if you could just hold on a little longer, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you ^^

On Nsider I was known as Shadesninja.
    No need to call me by my full name. Focus will do just fine. Or you can call me FPE. You can save a second of writing that way! (and save me a second of reading *grins maniacally* Step 1 in world domination complete! Ah-Uh... I mean... um... well you see... grr... foiled again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Koridojo_Blaziken View Post
    Agh...banging head on the wall while waiting for next chapter...Gonna go crazy from all this waiting!!!! @_@
    Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a rubber room. I died in that rubber room. Then they buried me. Then the bugs came in. Eww I hate bugs. They drive me crazy...
    *Repeats ad infinitum*

(Sorry, couldn't resist. If you really want to drive someone crazy, I suggest doing that over and over again. Some kid who used to go to my school did it to me all the time.)

But back on topic...

So you have exams coming up. That sucks. I just finished mine today so I know how you feel. Good luck with those. The anticipation is beginning to tear at me...*rips shirt Hulk Hogan-style* Darn it, not again!

But I do have a question. Should we expect some influence from the latest games or will we see that in the sequel?

Now being reposted!

@ Slipomatic: You made three of the exact same comments in a row. Could you please delete two of them. Thanks ^^

@ PokemonHero: Ah. The latest game you say. Well, I tried to keep constant with my themes, but in the end, there will still be slight changes to my current fic. My new fic will be more heavily influenced by the new game as well. My current fic has also been slightly modified to accommodate my sequel. Ah... you'll see.

Anyway, Schools over for me. I'll be trying to post an a regular basis again! Yay! ^^

No need to call me by my full name. Focus will do just fine. Or you can call me FPE. You can save a second of writing that way! (and save me a second of reading *grins maniacally* Step 1 in world domination complete! Ah-Uh... I mean... um... well you see... grr... foiled again!)

Chapter 18

A Legendary Meeting. Danger on Mount Blaze!

“Well?” Zapdos snapped again, his patience running shorter with every passing moment. “Did you finish the job, or not?”

On the plateau near the base of Mount Blaze, the three legendary birds stood. The reason for their gathering still remained a mystery to Tristan, who watched from his cache amongst the enormous outcroppings of rocks that surrounded the plateau. The breath of every Pokemon present, with the exception of Articuno, turned into wisps of vapour as it condensed in the frigid cold night air. He had a sickening feeling as he thought back to what Articuno had told him on the peak in Frosty Forest.

“Whoever is doing this seems pretty desperate. You won’t be left alone for long. Cherish the moments you have left.”

That was what Articuno had said… He had said that somebody wanted him dead. But why would anybody want him dead? He hadn’t done anything wrong, at least to his knowledge. And even if he did, did he really deserve death for it? Articuno’s words continued to echo in Tristan’s head as he watched on.

Articuno turned his attention to Moltres. “I was late getting here because I had to tend to some wounds before setting off. Even then, I was unable to fly without great pain, so all I could do was walk.”

“And why were you wounded?” Moltres interrogated, drilling into Atricuno with a piercing stare.

“Well obviously it was because of my battle with the human!” Articuno answered coldly. “How else do you think I got into this state? Do you think I did this to myself?”

“BUT WHAT ABOUT MY QUESTION!!” Zapdos interrupted, now furious as a static charge filled the air. “Did you finish the job? Did you kill the human? TELL ME NOW!!”

Tristan’s stomach gave a sudden lurch. It was what he had feared. The reason these monstrous creatures had gathered… was to decide his death! “I should leave,” he thought, beginning to panic. “I should leave and I should leave right now. I shouldn’t have come here in the first place.” Yet for some reason, his legs held fast, as if they were glued in place on the ground. His mind wanted him to leave, but his nerves kept him planted, only to continue to watch.

“No… he did not finish the task that had been requested of him…” a new voice sounded, causing Tristan to jump. He hadn’t been able to tell where the voice had come from. It was almost as if the voice was inside his head. Apparently it wasn’t only Tristan who was confused. The birds, too, were trying to find the source of the voice. A few moments later, a bright light flashed from above, causing everyone to look skyward.

The voice had been small and soft, as if a child had spoken it. It was completely out of place among the bickering of the Legendary Birds. High above them, this new Pokemon gently hovered downward towards the plateau, until it was hovering at the height of the three birds who had all turned to face it. She was tiny compared to the birds, perhaps even smaller than Tristan. She had a pale white body, with one large closed eye on her stomach. As well she had what looked like small yellow wings and small blue markings just under her eyes. The thing that defined her the most was the star shaped crown on her head, hanging from the three points of that star shape were small blue tags.

“I am sorry to say that Articuno has failed his in completing his task,” the star Pokemon finished timidly.

“Is what Jirachi saying true?” Moltres asked, turning to Articuno.

”Y… yes,” said Articuno, trying not to make eye contact. “I failed to complete my task.”

“My master…” the small Pokemon continued softly, “he is very displeased with what he’s seen of the Legendary Birds thus far… and he feels you are not living up to your reputation as you should.”

“Let me explain!” Articuno shouted defensively. “I mean, I was outnumbered from the very start when it was four against one! When I finally had the human alone, he used a special item to make himself stronger! Despite that, I still almost had him! But before I could finish him off, five more Pokemon came to his aid! Tell me, how I’m supposed to beat those odds?”

“Forgive me if I’m mistaken…” Jirachi began. “But I was under the impression that you were a Legendary Pokemon.” To this Articuno had no response. He could only stare blankly at her, as if he had just received a slap to the face. “All that you needed to do… was finish off the human,” she continued. “My master finds it hard to believe that you couldn’t take out one Pokemon. He says that if you cannot complete such a simple task, then you shouldn’t be a Legendary…”

“Oh, this is just too perfect!” Zapdos suddenly cried, bursting into a fit of laughter. “Oh, this is just too much! Now that makes my day! I don’t know how I let people associate me with a Legendary as pathetic as you!”

“Shut up you ignorant filth!” Articuno sneered.

“Make me you pathetic worm!” Zapdos snapped back.

“Are you trying to start something?” Articuno shouted, extending his wings as far as his injuries would allow. Despite his wounds, however, he still managed to pull off an impressive sight, giving Tristan bad memories of their previous battle. Hundreds of tiny ice crystals spread around him, shimmering in the light of the volcano as the temperature of the air suddenly plunged.

“Sure,” Zapdos answered, spreading his own wings, sending out electrical discharges erratically around him. “But just so you know, I actually defeat my opponents!”

“Why you!!!”

A gust of cold wind blew from one side of the plateau, while static filled the air. It seemed as if there would be nothing that was going to keep them from ripping each other’s throats out. Suddenly, a bright, scorching blast of fire roared between them, causing both to jump back defensively.

“I DID NOT ALLOW YOU INFERIOR BEINGS TO COME TO DESECRATE MY MOUNTAIN!!” hollered Moltres furiously, his fire burning brighter than ever. “We are not here to act like idiots, though that may be difficult for you two accomplish! Go kill each other on your own damn time!!”

“These guys…” Tristan thought, as he watched on. “They just don’t get along...” Jirachi, apparently, was also sharing the same thoughts. Speechless, she hovered in silence, a look of utter shock imprinted on her face.

Moltres turned back to Jirachi, who jumped slightly. “What I would like to know, is why we want to kill this human in the first place? Why do we focus our efforts on destroying one Pokemon when we should be focusing our effort on saving the world?”

Jirachi took a gulp of air before speaking, “Because…” she began. “That human, is one of two humans in this world who pose a threat to my master.”

“And why should we care about your master?” asked Zapdos, finally turning his attention away from Articuno. “Why should we care for someone we’ve never seen? We don’t even know his name.”

“Because…” she replied, twiddling her thumbs nervously. “When the threat is gone… he said… he said that he would end it all.”

A long silence ensued, as the birds began to digest the words they had just been told. Tristan continued to listen intently, trying to pick up even the slightest whisper that any of them might utter. What was going on? Apparently, he posed a threat to someone who would be able to save the world. But… Tristan was trying to find a way to stop the disasters too. Why would someone with the very same goal want him dead? If this being could save the world, Tristan wouldn’t try to stop it; in fact, he would try all he could to help. The more he thought about it the more his head ached. It was all too confusing. If he thought this was going to answer any questions, he was sadly mistaken; instead it had caused an avalanche more of them. He shook his head quickly, trying to bring himself back to his senses. He wouldn’t learn anything if he was lost in his thoughts. With this in mind he held his breath and listened even harder for anything that might happen.

“…He can do that?” Articuno finally asked, being the first to speak.

“Y… yes,” she answered, slightly relieved that she had managed to calm the birds somehow. “But first, you need to eliminate one of the humans. The one you were ordered to eliminate was the weaker of the two. It should have been an easy task, especially for a legendary.”

“I… I…” Articuno uttered, “I have nothing to say.”

“What about the other one?” Moltres said.

“Excuse me?” asked Jirachi.

“What about the other one,” he repeated. “You said there were two humans who posed a threat. If this is the case, then why are we only trying to eliminate one of them?”

Jirachi thought a moment to formulate her answer. “It is only when they are together that they pose a threat to my master. Separated, they are harmless.”

“When will we actually meet this great master of yours?” Moltres continued, still skeptical. “Why should we believe that this master can fix all this. Take my mountain for example! It’s freezing here! It has never been like this in the entire history of the mountain! It’s losing its fire, and with it, so am I! All of its inhabitants have either died or fled!”

“That goes for Mt. Thunder as well!” Zapdos joined. “The wind that it gets is so dry that no clouds form anymore. No clouds means no lightning, which was what supported all the electric Pokemon there. It has completely lost its ability to sustain any of its inhabitants!”

“The snow that falls in Frosty Forest is responsible for numerous avalanches,” Articuno finished. “If this keeps up, the entire forest and the Pokemon in it will be buried in a snowy grave.”

“Master Sanngot… will see you when you complete or fail your task,” answered Jirachi. “He will answer your questions then… though… he doesn’t take kindly to failure…”

“Very well,” Moltres said bitterly, “I will follow your masters orders… for now.”

“This meeting wouldn’t have even needed to take place if a certain Legendary hadn’t failed at completing a simple task.” Zapdos grumbled in aggravation.

“SHUT UP!!” Articuno snapped.

“Hmm?” Moltres thought aloud distracted by something that seemed to be in Tristan’s direction. “I can sense it… There’s an intruder on my mountain!”

Tristan practically jumped out of his skin! Had Moltres discovered him? He had tried so hard not to make any noise, but even then it hadn’t seemed to be good enough.

“This is not the time for such things,” Jirachi urged, holding out a hand to try to stop him.

“Is it the human?” Zapdos asked excitedly.

“How should I know? All I know is that they shouldn’t be here! And I have issues with intruders trespassing on my mountain.” With that, he spread his wings, surrounding himself with flames and creating a wave of heat before he took off, flying over Tristan, and into the steam-filled night sky. Tristan collapsed against the rock, sighing with relief, thankful that he had still not been noticed.

“There he goes,” Zapdos said shaking his head disapprovingly. “Talk about being hot headed.”

“This meeting has ended,” Jirachi stated. “I will come again another time to check on your… progress. Master Sanngot hopes, for your sakes, that you succeed this time.” With this, she hovered up into the air, looking down upon the birds as she rose. Now she was so high that even Tristan had to crane his neck to look at her, but as he did, he saw Jirachi’s gaze turn directly on to him. There was no mistaking it. She was staring right at him. And she knew. She knew who he really was. He didn’t know how he knew this, but he just felt it, as if she was looking right into his mind. What would happen now? She would definitely tell the birds below where he was! Once that happened, it would be the end for him! But as she looked at him, she frowned slightly, and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, she was surrounded with a blinding flash of light, and when Tristan looked up again he saw that she had disappeared, leaving him to wonder why she had done nothing, yet grateful that she hadn’t at the same time.

“It’s odd being bossed around by a Pokemon less than a fifth of your height,” he could hear Zapdos mention back on the plateau. He was gazing up to where Jirachi had disappeared. “And she’s easily intimidated too.”

“Yes…” Articuno agreed. “But we’re really being controlled by that Sanngot creature that stands behind her.”

“Well,” Zapdos said glancing back at Articuno, a glint of spite in his eye. “Looks like I’ve got to make up for some lost time. Some stupid little worm set us off track.”

“Heh,” Articuno snickered, as he began to stagger in the direction where Tristan was hidden. “I bet you wouldn’t last one minute.”

“Crap!” Tristan thought, alarmed, “He’s headed this way!” He backed away as quickly as he could, amongst the rocks. Now he had seen enough, if there was a time to escape, it would be now. Nimbly, he tried to navigate himself around the rocks, such that he would go unnoticed by either of the birds. His foot hit a fairly large stone amongst the debris, causing excruciating pain in his toe. He held his breath, and grabbed his foot, doing all he could not to let out a yelp of pain. It felt like the pressure would cause his head to explode.

Finally, the pain subsided. Tristan would have let out a sigh of relief if he hadn’t been so focused on escaping. By now Articuno had reached the rock that Tristan had been next to, leaning against it for support. Tristan was now farther up the circumference of the clearing, almost opposite of the lava pool on the other side.

“You know what?” Zapdos sneered. “The only reason why I didn’t wipe you out back then, was because Jirachi was there! You really are a pain and a waste of a Legendary!”

“What are you doing?” Articuno asked, the tone of his voice becoming worried. Tristan peeked around from another rock to see what was going one. Zapdos had his wings spread again, a look of anger in his eye.

“Just what it looks like I’m doing. I’ll finish you first, then I’ll chase after the human.”

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Just try me!”

Tristan couldn’t believe his eyes. Was Zapdos actually going to attack Articuno? It was a strange feeling that overcame him at that moment. He didn’t particularly like Articuno, but… he didn’t actually want to see him dead either. He felt the tingly feeling of static around him as Zapdos began to charge the air again with electricity. Tristan watched wide-eyed for what would happen next.

“THUNDER!!!” Zapdos screeched, as a massive bolt of electricity came out f the sky, seemingly out of nowhere.

Articuno shut his eyes tightly bracing for what certainly would be a fatal hit. But the lightning never hit him. He opened his eyes to see Zapdos still in front of him.

“Hmm?” Zapdos murmured, turning his head to the left.

Tristan stood paralyzed with shock. He had no idea what had just happened. He was sure the attack was directed towards Articuno.

“Wh… Why did it hit me!?” he thought, horrified. Even stranger was that the massive bolt didn’t even hurt him. The enormous bolt that would have fried anyone else left Tristan completely unscathed. Had Zapdos have known he was there the whole time? It didn’t seem like it. So why did it hit him? “This can’t be happening,” he thought, hiding behind the rock, though he knew he had been seen clearly by both birds. “This just can’t be happening!”

“Hehehe. Well well,” Zapdos’s voice came from above. Tristan looked up to see the towering figure of the electric bird perched on the rock overhead. “What’s a little worm like you doing in a place like this?” he chuckled amusedly, narrowing his eyes.

There was no point in hiding anymore. Tristan leapt out into the clearing, grasping his bone in a defensive stance, trying his best to not look intimidated by the bird.

Articuno blinked with astonishment as he saw what met his eyes. “The human…” he blurted accidentally.

“Ahahahaha!” Zapdos laughed ecstatically. “What’s that you say? This is the little worm that gave you such a thrashing? You’re even more pathetic than I thought!”

“Shut up!” Articuno snapped back. “I already told you that it wasn’t just him who beat me!”

“Details, details,” Zapdos said, waving a wing towards Articuno. “But this is quite lucky for me. I will be able to kill the human. And as a bonus, I will be able to do it right in front of your very own eyes!”

“Hmph…” Articuno spat. “Perhaps you’ll find that you weren’t so lucky after all.”

Tristan had been silent up until now, not wanting to get involved in the bird’s argument. Unlike Moltres, he just didn’t have the power to intervene the way he did, not that he would’ve tried anyway. He’d actually been hoping that they might have distracted each other enough that he could escape. This chance, though, had never arisen. Now he found that Zapdos had fixed his sights back on him, giving an evil grin. From his perch atop the rock, he hopped down onto the ground next to Tristan.

“Crap!” Tristan thought, backing up so he didn’t have to crane his neck so high. “I’m dead!”

“You were listening this whole time weren’t you?” Zapdos said, closing the space between them that Tristan had just opened. “I’m sure you know what will happen next then, don’t you?” Tristan backed up further, Zapdos following with every step he took. Then, Tristan felt something hard against his back. He looked up to see that he was against one of the many other hundreds of enormous stones that surrounded the plateau. Now he was trapped! He looked back at Zapdos, who was directly in front of him. He smirked as he began to charge the air with electricity. Sparks danced all around Tristan as Zapdos spread his spiky yellow and black wings. “Now be a good little Cubone, and die quickly!”

“Is this really Mount Blaze?” Totodile said in disbelief.

Both Torchic and Totodile now stood at the base of the once red, hot volcano of Mount Blaze. A gust of cold wind swept passed them, causing both of them to shiver. Torchic buried herself in her scarf, deeply thankful that she had brought it.

“It’s… cold!” she cried, “Why is it cold? I thought this place would be comfortable for me!”

“I don’t know,” Totodile answered; he himself was confused. “Everywhere else is warming up, but here it seems to be the exact opposite.”

“Could this mean that Beedrill was wrong after all? Maybe the world climate isn’t rising after all,” she said, thinking back to what the hornet had told them.

“I… don’t know what to think anymore.” Totodile replied. “But that’s not why we came here. We came here to find Tristan. And… and to apologize to him.”

“Yes,” Torchic said, shaking herself to her senses, “I’m sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking. Of course we’re here to find Tristan.” With that, she pushed ahead at a faster pace. “What are you waiting for? Do you want to find him or not?”

Totodile chuckled quietly, “Sure, the faster the better!”

Both Torchic and Totodile began their ascent of the mountain. The higher in altitude they went, though, the colder the air became. There was less lava exposed higher up and if it was even possible, it felt even colder than it was in Frosty Forest. After much convincing, Torchic finally managed to get Totodile to change their path, and instead of climbing to the peak, to try an alternate route along the base of the mountain.

“I’m sure that he wouldn’t climb to the top if was that cold,” she told him attempting a reassuring tone.

“I don’t know…” Totodile answered, still uncertain of the decision. What if it was the decision that caused them to pass by Tristan completely? Then again, it might also have been the decision that caused them to find Tristan. “Oh well. I guess all we’ve been doing so far was guessing anyway. I suppose another guess couldn’t hurt much.”

“AHA!” an ominous voice sounded, causing both Torchic and Totodile to stop in their tracks. “I’VE FOUND YOU!”

“… Was that you?” Totodile asked turning slowly to Torchic. Totodile knew full well she hadn’t said it, the voice had come from above, amongst the mist and steam. Despite this he still was hoping she was the one who had spoken.

“No,” she answered slowly. “Do I have a deep masculine voice like that?”

“Uh…” Totodile said, feeling his last hope slip away from him. “No… no you don’t.”

The air warmed considerably as the pair stood, both of them scanning the sky for the slightest motion that wasn’t steam. Behind them, a loud thud sounded, signaling the arrival of another Pokemon. Before they had even turned around, they felt a wave of warmth pass over them.

“What are you doing on my mountain?” the voice demanded. Totodile and Torchic both turned around simultaneously to see none other than the legendary fire bird, Moltres, standing before them. Frozen in fear, they could only manage to stare at the blazing Pokemon.

“Well?” The bird demanded again. “I asked you a question! Show respect to those superior to you!”

“Ah!” Totodile yelped; his hands raised high in the air. “We… we’re not doing anything! We’re j-just looking for someone!”

“GYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!” Moltres shrieked, spreading his wings causing an enormous blast of heat and flame. “You think you can just walk onto my mountain and tarnish it with your presence? This is my mountain! I will not allow you to walk around here as you please! For this, you will pay!!!”

To be continued…
    Last edited by FocusPresenceEndurance; 2nd July 2008 at 2:56 AM.

Wait. Where's everyone else? *Looks around and shrugs* Oh well. Might as well review.

I was certainly surprised this chapter. Jirachi working for the villian? That truly made me double-take. I really must know more about this "Master Sanngot" that has got the Legendary trio listening to Jirachi. Poor Tristan at the end. I guess the Lightningrod ability isn't always the best. I was expecting to learn more about Torchic's past this chapter, but, well, when you run into a Legendary Pokemon, I suspect thinking about your past is the last thing on your mind.

Overall, a number of unexpected twists this chapter. Certainly making me interested in the next chapter.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Wait. Where's everyone else? *Looks around and shrugs* Oh well. Might as well review.

I was certainly surprised this chapter. Jirachi working for the villian? That truly made me double-take. I really must know more about this "Master Sanngot" that has got the Legendary trio listening to Jirachi. Poor Tristan at the end. I guess the Lightningrod ability isn't always the best. I was expecting to learn more about Torchic's past this chapter, but, well, when you run into a Legendary Pokemon, I suspect thinking about your past is the last thing on your mind.

Overall, a number of unexpected twists this chapter. Certainly making me interested in the next chapter.
    Yep. It may seem a little random now, about the fact that I put Jirachi in where I did. But you'll soon come to know that there is a reason for that. Not that I'm going to tell you now >=)

Ah, we'll be seeing plenty of "Sanngot" later on in the story, and learning more about him too. Expect plenty of surprises as the story unravels.

Torchic eh? Well I don't want to give too much... but... please, don't be expecting too much about her back story. Questions will be answered about her, but not in this story (that's my current plan anyway. Who knows, it could be prone to change)

The other human is Dave isn't it? I know it is. Either him or some random twisted human

Heh, I'm not so sure if Jirachi is really working for the villian, or if Mr. Sannie is in fact the evil guy here. Who knows if Tristan becoming a Pokemon was really a good thing.

But well...poor Tristan. At least Zapdos is stupid and using another electric attack (right after his Thunder attack completely failed. :P)

Lovely twists here, by the way. I like seeing the Legendaries with more character. And dang, Zapdos seems so cruel but for some odd reason I like his character. (is that wrong?)

Click above to view
    Chapter 5 Up!
    Pleasedon'teatme...
    Banner made by me.

saw a couple mistakes, but the only one that i saw fit to point out was this one:

There was no point to hiding point in hiding anymore. Tristan leapt out into the clearing, grasping his bone in a defensive stance, trying his best to not look intimidated by the bird.

it looks like you were going to say that sentence one way, then changed your mind and put it in another way. the only problemo is that you left the first choice in there.

altogether, this was a very good chapter as usual. we now know a bit more about the enemy, such as why theyre trying to kill Tristan and some of the pokemon they're employing (Jirachi caught me off guard, but i get the feeling she serves her master unwillingly, due to how tentative she was). its good to know we'll be hearing from you more often now; i cant wait for the next chapter!
    Author's Profile

Some stories I reccomend reading:

The Saga of Team Supernova By: FocusPresenceEndurance
    Lost Evolution By: elyvorg
    And my new story:
    Fading Tendrils

Sorry, been busy at school and stuff. I'll write a really short comment. Sorry!

I think it's kinda funny how Tristan didn't even know that he had the ability Lightningrod. I mean, c'mon! If you were a Pokemon you would know your own ability right? (Actually he should have just asked Tododile or Torchic... but he doesn't even know that something called an ability exists. It looks to me that way, anyway)

Gotta go now!
    Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
        Spoiler:- Important stuff::

@ Glitch: You seemed to have answered your own question there. Good! That save me time to answer it. But wait... I just spent a whole bunch of time commenting on it anyway... oh well

Hmmm... is Sanngot the evil one... well I guess we'll just have to find out and see. I won't say yes and I won't say no. I'm evil that way aren't I? >=)

And yes it is wrong. It is totally wrong to like Zapdos's character. You sick and twisted person how could you? I'm just kidding though. I seem to enjoy his character too. Hotheaded, arrogant. What's not to like?

@ Blademaster_Jale: Thanks for that correction. Its odd. I read over the chapter a good number of times, and still I managed to miss that somehow. Oh well at least you were there for me. And yes, that is exactly how the mistake came to be.

@ MudkipMagix: Well, you missed out on the quiz I gave out to people. I guess I'll just have to give it to you now and take marks off for being late. Just a little friendly reminder of school during the summer =)

Well, he is still fairly new to this world. He hasn't learned everything there is to know. And who's to say that Torchic and Totodile know about the special ability of a Cubone? They might know their own, but they don't really have pokedex's stored in their brain. Or perhaps I took that comment to seriously... oh well, there you go ^^;

Thank you everyone for commenting. The next chapter will either be up tonight or tomorrow. Expect it tomorrow over tonight though, just in case.

Chapter 19

Deep Regret. Hope on the Distant Horizon.

“… Hey…” Dave thought as he gazed at the surroundings around him. “I… I remember this dream…”

It had been several days since the events that had taken place in the Pokemon Village. Despite this, however, every detail remained engraved in his mind. Ever since that day, he had been troubled with thoughts of confusion and guilt. What with after everything that had happened, he no longer knew what to think.

Early in the morning, when he was about to depart for another mission, Tristan had approached him. Dave had been expecting a friendly chat but instead was caught completely off guard with what Tristan had to say. He had said that they had been friends. Not only that, but that they had even been friends in the human world. The thought was so incredible that it was almost impossible to believe. At first thought, he had believed it was a joke, but after seeing the seriousness in Tristan’s eyes, that thought was quickly extinguished.

Shortly after, Sceptile had stepped in; trying to come to what he thought was Dave’s defense. Dave would’ve stopped him, but at the time, he had been immobilized by shock, causing him to do nothing. Even so, Tristan had persisted with trying to convince him about their friendship. Even to the point when both of his teammates, Team ACT and the entire town was against him. In the end, he had been exiled, never to return to the village.

The first thing that Dave had done after Tristan had left, was head for Whiscash pond, leaving Sceptile, Typhlosion, Charizard and Tyranitar in the square to make sure that everyone went back to their own business. Here, he had hoped to find a place to think and calm his mind.

“Well, hello there, Dave,” Elder Wiscash greeted in his usual jolly tone from the edge of the pond. He was a large blue fish with a pale yellow underside. His character suited his large pale blue lips, which were bent upwards into a friendly smile. From both of his cheeks extended two long yellow whiskers, which constantly curled and waved in the air as he talked. On his forehead was a yellow mark in the shape of a large ‘W’, which might have contributed to how his species got its name.

“What brings you here this fine morning?” He asked curiously. “I heard some commotion back in the village. Do you know what’s going on?”

“Oh, I really wish I knew, Whiscash,” Dave said, obviously distraught. “I really wish I knew…”

“You look stressed. Is something the matter?”

“Please. I don’t want to talk about it. Not right now.”

“Well… If you insist.”

“Thank you.” With this, Dave moved to the left side of the pond close to where there was a small patch of flowers. It was here that he’d usually come to sit back and relax if he had something troubling his mind. Well this certainly was the right time for that. Sitting down, he leaned back on his paws to look upwards at the sky. Large puffy clouds drifted across the endless deep blue ocean of air, none of them having a care in the world. The sound of the water splashing into the pond was calming. The breeze carried the scent of the flowers into the nostrils, causing him to take a long deep sniff of the air. Already he was beginning to think a little clearer.

What had happened? It was still very confusing to him. Why had Tristan done that? Had he been joking? But… if it was a joke, then why had he taken it so far? No, he couldn’t have been joking. He would have stopped. Nobody would have taken a joke so far that it got him or her exiled.

Another phrase stuck out to him as well.

“YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE!!”

“What does it mean?” he uttered. Those had been the last words from Tristan’s mouth before he fled. What promise had Tristan been talking about? Dave had no memory of his life before becoming a Pokemon; it wasn’t his fault he didn’t remember a promise? But if Tristan really had been a human at one point, how could he have known about it? Did he perhaps retain his memory from his human life? If so, how did he have these memories, and why didn’t Dave? Even then, how was Dave to be sure he had made such a promise, or if they had even been friends in the first place?

Dave shook his head as if trying to ease the pain of his headache. Apparently not even a place as comforting as this would help him sort out this huge mess. Dave slapped his cheeks as he finally concluded that the whole thing seemed highly unlikely, though he still wasn’t exactly comfortable with this conclusion.

“Dave?” a small voice asked directly behind him.

Dave’s eyes snapped open as he tumbled backwards on his back. Tilting his head back, he looked upside down at Caterpie, who was looking strangely at him.

“Caterpie!” Dave said, surprised.

“You were talking to yourself,” Caterpie said, looking concerned. “And Whiscash said you weren’t feeling very well. Are you… all right?”

Dave closed his eyes, and let out a great sigh. Rolling over, he lay on his stomach and began rubbing his temple, as if being reminded of the incident had given him another headache. “Please… uh… it’s complicated. I don’t want to think about it right now.”

“Oh please,” Caterpie urged. “Couldn’t you tell me just a little bit?”

Dave sighed again. He hated to disappoint Caterpie. “Well…” Dave began. “It’s something that Tristan just said a while ago.”

“Oh!” Caterpie exclaimed, struck with a sudden urge of excitement. “You mean Tristan the Cubone right? Yeah, I met him. He’s really a human you know, just like you. At first I didn’t know why Minu-”

“WOAH WOAH WOAH!” Dave exclaimed, holding out his hands to stop the caterpillar. He had sprung to his feet faster than his own lightning would have moved. “Hang on. Rewind. What did you just say?”

“That… Tristan’s… a human?” Caterpie repeated cautiously.

“… and… what makes you think this?”

“Articuno told me?”

Another huge shock! Did Dave just hear him right? ARTICUNO!? He tried to take a deep breath to calm down. Looking down at caterpillar again, he said, “Caterpie. Please, this is no time for jokes.”

“But I’m not joking!” Caterpie said defensively. He went onto explaining how Plusle and Minun had come up to him to ask him to join their team, and how they started a mission that was out of their league. He explained that Tristan was to Minun as Dave was to himself. He also explained everything he had seen on the peak of Frosty Forest, how they had managed to send an S.O.S. to Team Supernova and how Tristan had come to their rescue. All the while Dave wondered where he had been all this time. All of this, even the fact that Cartepie had joined a team, was news to him.

“Then that’s when he said it!” Caterpie exclaimed, reaching the climax of his story. “Articuno called Tristan a human! It was only then that I realized why Minun looked up to him so much!”

“It’s true,” Elder Whiscash said, coming up to edge of the pond. Apparently he’d been listening to the conversation the whole time. “I don’t think there’s one thing that happened on that mountain that he and his friends haven’t told me. It was quite an amazing tale.”

Dave was silent a moment as he began to soak everything in. But… but if what Caterpie was saying was true… then that would mean… that Tristan really was a human after all. That part he wouldn’t have been lying about.

And then there was the part about being friends. Dave still could not tell for sure if this part was true or not. He just didn’t have such memories. And there would definitely be nobody else in this world who would know.

But if it were true… that would mean that Dave had completely rejected him! He shuddered at the thought. Tristan would have most definitely been heartbroken at this. But this part might not have even been true. What was he fretting over it for? He still didn’t understand why Tristan would have had his memories and why Dave didn’t. Still he couldn’t pry his mind away from the thought that he had just done something terrible.

“Dave?” Caterpie asked, bringing Dave back to his senses. “What’s wrong?”

“I…” Dave said, as a sickening feeling began to develop in his stomach. “I don’t feel so good anymore. I… I’m sorry. I need some time alone.”

With that said, he departed Whiscash pond, leaving a puzzled Caterpie and Whiscash behind as he headed back towards his team base.

Ever since that day, he had not been himself. He had decided to sit out the next mission, allowing Sceptile and Typhlosion to go on their own. He had confined himself mainly to his team base, leaving only to buy items from the village if he thought the team needed it. He had also learned that not too long after Tristan left the village, his two teammates, Torchic and Totodile had also been exiled.

“Don’t let those troublemakers get to you,” some of the villagers would say. At this Dave would suddenly jump to the defensive, though he still couldn’t be completely sure that he was in the right for doing so.

Nothing seemed to be going right. That is… until he went to bed one night several days after, finding himself in a very familiar dream…

“Gardenvoir,” Dave greeted, “It’s been a while.”

“Yes,” the tall green and white Pokemon replied, appearing before him. She seemed to have taken no notice that Dave had gotten her name wrong. Either that or she just didn’t mind. “It has been a long time hasn’t it? But I’m afraid to say that I haven’t just come for a visit. I have something I need to ask of you.”

“Well, sure,” Dave replied, disappointed that after so long, she wouldn’t even have time to talk. “Ask me anything.”

“Did he meet with you?”

“Did he meet with me?” Dave repeated, confused. He could have meant anyone. Dave had met a lot of he’s over the last while. “Did who meet with me?”

“Did Tristan find you? Did he tell you about his dreams?”

“Tristan?” Dave asked. He couldn’t say he wasn’t expecting this. “H- how do you know Tristan? Why would he be trying to find me?”

“You mean…?” Gardevoir began. She turned suddenly, facing away from Dave as she covered her mouth with her hands. “Don’t tell me… Oh no… how could have I forgotten?”

“What are you saying Gardevoir?” Dave asked, becoming eager for more information. “Please, tell me what you know about Tristan.”

“I… I thought for sure I’d already returned your human memories to you,” she said. “I have already spoken with Tristan in his dreams, and given him several of his memories. But… it wouldn’t have served any purpose if you had none."

“So… so he is a human after all.”

“Yes.”

To this Dave felt a stab of guilt. This confirmed it. Hearing it from Caterpie and Whiscash supported the idea that Tristan might have been a human. But hearing it from Gardevoir meant that it must be true.

“And he was brought here for the same reason you were,” she finished.

“You mean…” Dave began.

“Yes,” Gardevoir answered, reading his thoughts. “He came here because the world needed him. But it isn’t only him that we need now. This time, the world needs to be saved by two humans. That is to say, the world needs both of you.”

“Both of us…” Dave replied. Finally he was able to see things a little clearer. “What is the threat this time?”

Gardevoir gave a small frown as her image began to fade away. “Unfortunately, I do not know that. Go to Ninetales, he knows more about this than I do. When you two met, I was to send you to him.”

“I have one more question!” Dave called, before Gardevoir had faded completely. “Those memories… what memories did you give Tristan?”

“I gave him memories similar as to those that I am going to give you,” she answered quietly, placing her fading hand to his temple. Dave closed his eyes as he allowed the memories to flow into his mind. “I gave him the memories of his one and only true friend, the only one that he ever had in the human world. That friend is you Dave. I am so sorry this had to happen. Tristan must be suffering a great deal of pain now because of what’s happened. But please, don’t blame yourself for this. If you need someone to blame, blame me. For it was my carelessness that caused this.” With this, she vanished, but in her wake she left Dave with memories from his human life. Not just any memories, though. The memories he had of Tristan.

Dave awoke with a start, finding that it was still the dead of night. He was breathing heavily and he felt cold sweat against has skin. “Tristan…” he thought. Finally, he was able to recall how they had first met. How they had helped each other through school and their separate hardships. All the memorable times they had together. And the one memory that stood out from all the others. Most of all, he remembered his last encounter with Tristan, and the promise he had made with him.

“What have I done?” he thought, as tears of bitter sorrow began to well in his eyes. “That promise… I know what the promise was now! How could this have happened? Why did this have to happen?” He pounded his fist into his soft straw bed in frustration, sobbing heavily as tears rolled down his cheeks, all the while repeating the same thoughts in his head. “How did it come to this? What have I done?” Finally, he was able to understand how Tristan felt that fateful day. A feeling so horrible, that it felt like the world might have been crashing around him. How could he have inflicted so much pain and not known a thing about it? How did he not see this in the look in Tristan's face as his friendship was denied? All these thoughts clashed in his mind, never ceasing to torment him.

Lastly, one final thought entered his mind. “Will he ever forgive me?”

Later that night, there was a knock on the door of Team ACT’s base. The base was situated conveniently close to the Pokemon village, allowing easy access to it whenever the team wanted. A light could be seen being turned on from the inside through its triangular shaped windows, which were made to look like eyes. An arch had been also situated over and on either side of the doorway, which was made too look like Alakazam’s enormous mustache. In the dark, however, few more details could be seen.

There was a grumbling from behind the door before it opened, revealing the leader of Team ACT. “Charizard… Tyranitar…” he said, still blurry eyed. “There’d better be a good reason why you’ve woken me up at this hour.” He rubbed his eyes, seeing a little more clearly as he looked down at his guest. “Oh. It’s you, Dave.”

“You knew something was up,” Dave accused, pointing a finger at Alakazam. “Didn’t you.”

It took a couple moments for Alakazam to register what exactly Dave was talking about. “By this I assume you’d be talking about that episode that happened in the village several days ago?” he asked rubbing sleep form his eyes. “The incident that Tyranitar and Charizard so kindly decided not to involve me in?”

“You remember the time you first crossed paths with me,” Dave pressed on. “You didn’t even know me, yet you felt something strange from my presence. Surely you must have felt something similar when you crossed paths with Tristan for the first time.”

“Is that his name?” Alakazam asked, in mid yawn. “That young Cubone from Team Supernova? Yes actually I did feel a similar presence around him as I did for you.”

“Well…” Dave said. “Did you not think anything of it? That he might not have been an ordinary Pokemon?”

“I admit,” Alakazam answered. “At the time I did not think much of it. But due to recent happenings, the thought has occurred to me. The thought that he, too, might be a human.”

“Everything Tristan said that day…” Dave answered, trying hard to hold back more tears. “It was all… It was all completely true! Every word of it! And now, because of what I said, he’s out there somewhere, suffering! I feel so horrible. I need to do something to find him again!”

“… Come inside,” Alakazam said ushering him into the team base. Moments after Dave set foot into the base, a blue outline appeared around the door, as it firmly shut itself. A giant carpet that displayed a detailed map of the entire continent covered the floor. Alakazam stopped partway through the room, turning back to see Dave. In the light of the large fireplace behind him, he could see that Dave’s eyes were bloodshot from tears. He had been crying for quite a long time. He motioned for them to both move to the center of the room where a large wooden table lay.

“Now, tell me,” he asked cautiously, trying not to provoke a potential outbreak. “How do you know all this?”

“Some of my memory as a human… has returned to me,” Dave answered, unsure if he should mention that Gardevoir had actually done it. “Tristan was my best friend, and I was his only friend. I… I… I need to find him. I need to make things right!”

“Hmmm…” Alakazam thought, as he carefully analyzed the situation. “Even though I wasn’t there in person, I’ve heard a great deal about what happened. Then that means that all of Team Supernova has been wrongly accused… This is indeed tragic, it’s as if history is repeating itself, except this time, Tristan and his companions are the victims instead of you.” He rubbed his chin a moment, gazing over Dave before continuing. “I can see why you have been so moved by this too. You know the feeling of being hated by everyone in the village and you would hate for someone to go through the same experience, especially since it’s your friend. However, this time you have to realize that things are slightly different. There aren’t any Pokemon after his head like there were for you, or at least that’s how it seems right now. And I am assuming that the reason Tristan came to this world, was the same reason that you came?”

“Y… yes,” Dave answered. He marveled at how much information Alakazam had been able to draw from what he’d been given. “That’s right. Tristan’s come to save the world. This time, though, both of our actions are needed.”

“So we finally get a chance to learn about what is happening to this world...” Alakazam thought aloud. “In that case, I believe that before we go searching for Tristan, we should first pay a visit to Ninetales. We need to find out what exactly is going on after all and he might know a few things about what we should do. What do you think Dave?”

Dave thought a moment. He really wanted to go find Tristan. That’s what his mind was telling him. But he also knew that it would be rather reckless. He didn’t even know where Tristan had gone. Gardevoir had also told him to find Ninetales. Perhaps this was a better plan after all. “Yes…” he finally, concluded. “I… I see why we would need to find Finetaled first.”

“Glad we came to an agreement,” Alakazam said, nodding. “My team won’t mind if I’m gone for a short while. What about yours?”

“They’re on a mission, so they won’t notice I’m gone.”

“Then listen carefully. I’m going to gather a few things to prepare for Mount Freeze. Meanwhile, you head back to your base to get that teleport gem Zatu and I gave you. The gem probably will not take us as far as Mount Freeze, but it will skip a large portion of the travel time. If you see anything else you feel will help us on Mount Freeze, you can get those too. I will meet you at your base shortly so we can depart.” Alakazam paused to take a deep breath. “Do you follow?”

“Every word,” Dave replied nodding.

“Alright. Then start heading back now. I’ll be seeing you soon. And when we do meet Ninetales, be sure you call him by his right name.”

With this, Dave departed from Alakazams base, and back into the night. He had a different feeling around him now as he walked down the dark pathway. It was a feeling of progress, a feeling that things were turning for the best. He might not be finding Tristan right away, but this road would definitely cross paths with Tristan. He was sure of it. He could only hope, though, that Tristan was feeling the same way.

“Tristan…” he thought to himself as he walked. “Hang in there Tristan. Don’t give up on me just yet. Not when my memory has finally returned.”

To be continued…
    Last edited by FocusPresenceEndurance; 3rd July 2008 at 11:37 PM.

First post! W00t!

anyways, as before, i saw one or two mistakes but only one that i felt needed fixed.

Another huge shock! Did Dave just hear him right? ARITCUNO!?

i guess the fact that it's in caps would make that mispelling stand out easier. heh, apparently Dave really didn't hear him right XD.

yayz for Dave! now he remembers his buddy! i get the feeling that in the next few chapters there'll be a good number of reunions; between Tristan and his friends, and then the long-awaited "hey i finally remember you now" of Dave and Tristan. just a guess, though.
    Author's Profile

Some stories I reccomend reading:

The Saga of Team Supernova By: FocusPresenceEndurance
    Lost Evolution By: elyvorg
    And my new story:
    Fading Tendrils

I really should reply here more often. I really like how you put a lot of emphasis on the remorse of Dave. I think you put more on that than the original version. Also, you put "it's you're" when it should have been "it's your".

Link to my fanfic.
    I was Superkeeleybro on Nsider
    Another great fanfic is The Saga of Team Supernova by FPE

I guess I won't be first this time (thank you driving school), but I'm still one of the first.

Yet another good chapter. It's great to see what happened to Dave after the whole incident. I was wondering what happened to him. I laughed at Dave forgetting Gardevoir and Ninetales' names. I can tell what happens next is gonna be interesting.

BTW, go ahead and PM those comments to me, although I do not mind if you post them.

Now being reposted!

@ Blademaster_Jale: Ah. Thanks again for catching my mistake. I need to try to be less careless I guess... hehe.

What are you talking about? You actually think Tristan and Dave will meet? Nah. Zapdos kills Tristan and the story suddenly swings to Dave for no apparent reason ruining the story completely. What? I'm a bad liar you say? Aw... oh well ^^. Yeah, there will be reunions in the future. How soon some of them will happen is a different story though.

@ Apotheosis: Hehe... I was surprised that I was able to find the correction you gave me. Thank you, but next time do you think you could give me the sentence it came in? You know, so its not such a hassle to find? Thanks ^^

Ad yes, this time I did change the remorse Dave felt. I was hoping one of my nsider readers would notice. I'm glad you liked it.

@ PokemonHero: Actually, the scene between Caterpie and Dave was completely new. It wasn't there when I posted it on Nsider. The story just started in the dream and that was it. I guess it was a good call to put that scene in then?

As for the next chapters, well, like you said, expect a lot of excitement. Actually, you may get a hint of what's to come if you look at the title of the next chapter, located in the table of contents.

Unless your program for writing is a lot different than mine, then there should be a search or find option, but I'll try to give you more next time. I've also resolved to try to comment more on any stories I read here, so I should be around next chapter.

Link to my fanfic.
    I was Superkeeleybro on Nsider
    Another great fanfic is The Saga of Team Supernova by FPE

Default I'm just too amazed to put any words in my mouth...

I guess the only thing that I can tell you is to keep writing, & hopefully, it'll be something that will make even the most hardcore writers can critique this with great results.

I support this fic 100%!

What quiz? *confused*

Yeah! Dave's memory has finally returned! *Lots of cheers* Now things will get interesting!

By the way, I really marvel at how you're able to write this and do school- related stuff at the same time. You are such a great author! (Even though you might post chapters late at times)
    Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
        Spoiler:- Important stuff::

@ Apotheosis: Oh... hehe. I do use Microsoft word. I just didn't think to look for the correction there. Whoops ^^;;

@ Brumrha: Hey thanks! Its always good to see a new reader.

@ MudkipMagix: Thanks for telling me that. I guess it somehow it managed to slip my attention.

Well, schools over now, so I'll be able to post more often. But thank for the compliment anyway. Look forward to a lot of "interesting" things to come!

(on a side note, you posted that last post twice in a row. If you could just delete one of them it would be appreciated. Thanks!)

Dave finally has his memory back.The question is that will Dave make it before it's too late.I hope he does.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast