Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

Quote Originally Posted by Enzono View Post
    weeeird tho cuz like once didnt a girl say pikachu was level 25?? that was in Kanto..... so he should be like level 100 by now..
    I can't believe people are still bringing that up...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Apparently, according to Yamato on BMG, Kouhei said this:

K, I just watched that scene again, and I have more reason to believe he may return. Listening closely, I think his line was "Dochira ni shite mo, karera wa boku-tachi no teki de wa arimasen no ne." (Whoever they may be, they don't seem to be our enemies.)

I'm hoping Paul gets a particularly hostile lesson in karma.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Yeah Ash gave her the soothe bell he won and then Paul tossed Ash the one he won, since he said he didn't need it.
    I don't think he actually gave it to her, she was simply looking at it.

Of course we need the dialog of that scene translated to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Apparently, according to Yamato on BMG, Kouhei said this:

K, I just watched that scene again, and I have more reason to believe he may return. Listening closely, I think his line was "Dochira ni shite mo, karera wa boku-tachi no teki de wa arimasen no ne." (Whoever they may be, they don't seem to be our enemies.)
    Wouldn't it be cool if both Kouhei AND Honoka ended up being part of/working for Galaxy? I don't know what Kouhei's motivation would be, but Honoka could use it as a method to prove her worth as a partner to Brock, or some other crazed rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if both Kouhei AND Honoka ended up being part of/working for Galaxy? I don't know what Kouhei's motivation would be, but Honoka could use it as a method to prove her worth as a partner to Brock, or some other crazed rubbish.
    That, or they return in the Sinnoh league.

Frankly, I was hoping Focus Blast would've looked more powerful the Aura Shere.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Turtwig being boring does not reflect its strength. Pikachu's power resets at the beginning of every region and It's not like Pikachu's been getting knocked out by weak pokemon or something.

Staravia didn't even get to battle in this episode so no one should call it weak based on what they see/saw in this particular episode.

I still think the bird has alot of potential and it will get stronger.

Turtwig has had quite a few impressive wins and I dont think anyone should argue with the point that Turtwig's wins have been better then what Treeko/Chikorita/Bulbasaur had at this point in their respective journey's.
    I never said Turtwig was weak, it's stronger than Treecko was but it's a little boring.

My problem is that if you go and analyze Ash's team right now the weakest one is the bird. Pikachu had great battles and the same goes for Chimchar, Turtwig and Aipom. With Staravia you can only count the cherry and comparing it to the other's opponentes then it's a little bit disappointing.

I love Staravia but I just want to see it battle with a stronger opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I never said Turtwig was weak, it's stronger than Treecko was but it's a little boring.

My problem is that if you go and analyze Ash's team right now the weakest one is the bird. Pikachu had great battles and the same goes for Chimchar, Turtwig and Aipom. With Staravia you can only count the cherry and comparing it to the other's opponentes then it's a little bit disappointing.

I love Staravia but I just want to see it battle with a stronger opponent.
    There's always the 3rd gym.

I'm just htinking of how Ash was got Chimchar, because Ash was suppose to have a Fire, Water, and Grass type and in Diamond and Pearl, there aren't many Fire types....plus this reminds me of the Charmander episode, where that kid was treating him badly and Ash got him. So, Ash has a Flying type, a grass type, and fire type, and normal type, but that could change.
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    There's always the 3rd gym.
    And it will probably get shafted to give Chimchar the spotlight.

And it will probably get shafted to give Chimchar the spotlight.
    Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.

Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.
    As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...

As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...
    I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.

I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.
    Judging from the description of Maylene, I wouldn't count on it.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Judging from the description of Maylene, I wouldn't count on it.
    What's her description?

Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Delta View Post
    Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.
    Well, Staravia could be beaten by Lucario, it being a Steel type, but Chimchar could own it.

I hope there are more eps like this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smite92 View Post
    I hope there are more eps like this one!!!
    Believe me, there will be.

This episode was good. It was good to see Chimchar add himself as one of Ash’s team. It was cool to see Air Slash. Croagunk’s maneuver under Torterra was cool. Brock’s reaction when his partner left was funny. It was cool to see Revenge and Feint. Normally I’d say it was cool too see Paul’s Elekid evolve, but he doesn’t deserve that kind of nice comment. It was cool to see Ash win the battle. Wobbuffet crying was funny as well as Piplup falling off the table.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I hate to admit it, but I definitely enjoyed all 3 episodes 2night! A lot of surprises. Appearances of old-school Pokemon like Magmar and Koffing, Rhydon's lightning rod ability and using Surf, a lot of 4th generation moves showing, even Paul and Chimchar. Definite 5/5 for all 3 eps.

One of my fav. characters is Paul, because i absolutely hate him. When i feel that sort of hatred toward him, it shows that Paul has definite personality, which i like.... so i like him because i hate him

I just finished watching all three episodes back to back and I must say these are easily the best episodes in some time - easily the best of the D/P saga thus far imo.

Paul continuing to train Chimchar the "wrong way", leading up to his eventual release after his failure in Paul's eyes, and finishing up with Chimchar joining Ash's team...it just couldn't have been done better! The writers sure are thinking things through this gen. The rivalry between Ash and Paul is so good it makes you wonder how things could have been had they have built up Ash/Gary as well back in the day.

And the battles themselves were just great - reminded me of the league battles. Getting to see moves such as Gyro Ball, Focus Blast, and Bullet Punch was a surprise, not to mention seeing many cool Pokemon from past gens like Heracross and Magmar.

I had been anticipating these episodes all week and they easily lived up to the hype. I give the Tag Battle Arch a 9/10 overall.

*Thanks to UltimateNagash for my TC*

Name: Blake
    Pearl FC: 2062 5631 9174

Chimchar was soo cute when he figuring out if he should go with Ash. How many times will they get attacked by TR to realise, that they are usually the only ones to attack them. Oh yea, that's right Paul that "pathetic" Pokemon just blew something up with that extreme power that you wanted, but you couldn't do."
    "He recited a poem"...Random moment eh Dawn.

I actually feel sorry for Brock, he finally finds a girl who looks like she could handle his extra little flirting and she up and leaves. I kinda hope that they meet up again, even though it might not be likely.

I liked the looks of Air Slash (I think that's what the move was for Far'etched.
    Sweet move by Croagunk sliding under Torterra like he was a baseball player, yay for Chimchar getting angry at Paul (even if it was kinda short), man his death glares can get to a person.

I'm not really a drama person, but just that scene with Paul getting his Pokemon got me excited, it's like you could feel the tension between the two.

I love this last battle, Paul's face for when Elekid got attacked was awesome. I gotta say this again, Conway/Dawn work really well as a team, Chimchar already seems a bit stronger now that Ash has him, he seems more motivated and happy with him.

Conway was right, it is funny that this competition is pratically all about teamwork, being one with Pokemon, etc,etc , and the team who did anything but teamwork won.
    Aw, TR's so cute cheering/happy for "Chimmy", Paul's pose is so bad boy.

8/10.
    Last edited by WaterKrystal; 2nd February 2008 at 3:40 PM.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

I think they did a good job dubbing the Tag Team episodes. Maybe it's because I got to understand 100% of what they were saying, since I usually watch the raws and have a limited Japanese vocabulary. Ha ha.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Kohei/Conway in the Vielstone City episodes since he's the one that told them to go there. o-o

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast