Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 120

Thread: Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    I think Air Slash
    You think correctly. If you have the episode, listen carefully to what she says, the attack name is the same in Japanese.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Just saw it, an amazing episode overall.

    I am disappointed that Mukubird didn't do anything but at the same time it was great to see Shinji Torterra dominate the way it did. You would expect something like that from a pokemon who's been with him since he started his journey and went to Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto with him. That hyperbeam was probably the most lethal one we've ever seen.

    The final battle was really good, one of the best so far this season.

    LMAO at the ending where Piplup slides on table and falls down, the reaction on its face is so cute.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Just saw it, an amazing episode overall.

    I am disappointed that Mukubird didn't do anything but at the same time it was great to see Shinji Torterra dominate the way it did. You would expect something like that from a pokemon who's been with him since he started his journey and went to Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto with him. That hyperbeam was probably the most lethal one we've ever seen.

    The final battle was really good, one of the best so far this season.

    LMAO at the ending where Piplup slides on table and falls down, the reaction on its face is so cute.
    You'd think Torterra's Hyper Beam was as strong as a nuke.

    Look at the bright side, at least Staravia didn't faint.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    You'd think Torterra's Hyper Beam was as strong as a nuke.

    Look at the bright side, at least Staravia didn't faint.
    Good point there ^

    But does anyone know where to watch it im really desperate to see the action isntead of just seeing the pictures (no offence to serebii i do appreciate the pictures anyway)
    Last edited by !!-D@rRyL-!!; 26th October 2007 at 2:18 PM. Reason: forgot something

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    27

    Default

    no worries found it anyone who wants to watch it its here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1drUynHIbQ

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Pretty good ep. Rather annoying that they had to spend all that time on TR kidnapping Chimchar in the beginning, but there was still enough time left for the real battles to be great.

    I'm a tad annoyed that Dawn and Kouhei didn't win, though. They deserve it more since they obviously had real teamwork, whereas Ash and Paul only seemed to win because of pure power and had no teamwork whatsoever. Oh well.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Yes I actually agree Satoshi and Shinji should have lost. Ah well, at least we had that cool scene with him throwing the Soothe Bell. We also had some really good battles. Im happy for Chimchar *sniff*

  8. #33

    Default

    I saw this one yesterday and I'm quite satified overall, pretty much everyone got what they want and their happy. Dawn gets a bell, Paul's Elekid now an Electabuzz, and Ash gets Chimchar. I knew that girl that was with Brock after they lost, she would leave and yes she did, too bad Brock did not get a happy ending.

    I was not expecting the battle with Brock, the girl, Ash and Paul would go that fast. For once Paul actually helped, and damn that Toterra is strong, I was surprised he brings it to the Pokemon Center at the end.

    Then the final battle, I had my bets that Dawn and the guy with the glasses to win, since they both had teamwork and the brains, but that changed when Paul's Elekid evolved to Electabuzz which surprised me and out of nowhere. If that would not happened, Dawn and the guy with the glasses would of won. But it was nice to see that somehow Ash and Paul managed to get through even though they can't stand each other.

    I have a quick question though about the phone conversation with Ash and Professor Oak, I heard they mentioned "Shinji" or Paul in their conversation and I'm not sure if they said something where he comes from or something, I did not pick up too well what they said, any idea???

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    I saw this one yesterday and I'm quite satified overall, pretty much everyone got what they want and their happy. Dawn gets a bell, Paul's Elekid now an Electabuzz, and Ash gets Chimchar. I knew that girl that was with Brock after they lost, she would leave and yes she did, too bad Brock did not get a happy ending.

    I was not expecting the battle with Brock, the girl, Ash and Paul would go that fast. For once Paul actually helped, and damn that Toterra is strong, I was surprised he brings it to the Pokemon Center at the end.

    Then the final battle, I had my bets that Dawn and the guy with the glasses to win, since they both had teamwork and the brains, but that changed when Paul's Elekid evolved to Electabuzz which surprised me and out of nowhere. If that would not happened, Dawn and the guy with the glasses would of won. But it was nice to see that somehow Ash and Paul managed to get through even though they can't stand each other.

    I have a quick question though about the phone conversation with Ash and Professor Oak, I heard they mentioned "Shinji" or Paul in their conversation and I'm not sure if they said something where he comes from or something, I did not pick up too well what they said, any idea???
    Oak was probably talking about training strategies.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Blech. The bird has been shafted once more. But hey, at least it appeared - Aipom wasn't even in the three episodes.

    I'm hoping for a return of glasses guy later in the saga. He's one awesome dude.

    I can see why Paul dislikes Ash, on the podium he was celebrating like an idiot.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    so how do these bells... get used in the anime... does the pokemon like where it to make them happy or something?
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

    >>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

  12. #37

    Default

    Satoshi! Rukario! GET!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YukiJadenSurvives View Post
    Satoshi! Rukario! GET!
    I think the soothe bells are foreshadowing a certain playboy bunny and jackal appearing soon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moo Moo Farms
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    id say bells foreshadow chansey....might foreshadow riolu/lucario too

    does playboy bunny = bunarey's evo?....didn't know it needs happiness to evolve

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Oak was probably talking about training strategies.
    I think it was, thanks for that, I asked one of my friends about that part and pretty said the same thing, that is the only part I could not pick up.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    id say bells foreshadow chansey....might foreshadow riolu/lucario too

    does playboy bunny = bunarey's evo?....didn't know it needs happiness to evolve
    Yeah, all three need to be very happy to evolve, Riolu during the day especially.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    I am so happy elekid evolved and chimchar ended up with Ash. Overall great episode and i hope to see more of Paul in the future.

    The World God Only knows

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    I can imagine Kiyotaka Furushima having a sore throat after this one, voicing Shinji, Buizel and Mukubird all in one episode...then again Muku barely said/did anything ^^"

    I for one loved the sunset scene where Ash persuaded Chimchar to come with him. Naturally I still can't get over how insanely cute Chimchar is, but Ash finally having matured and completely ignoring what Paul said was another highlight for me. Ash's temper is something I like about him, but the redundancy of him throwing a fit at Paul whenever they talked was really starting to annoy me.

    Team Rocket...I don't know what to think of their appearance at the beginning. I guess it was a good way of saying that they were still "there" and making an effort to continue their real job, but I would have preferred for them to be happy that Chimchar went to a nicer trainer because that's what they had wanted all along. Then again, there are limits as to how corny things can get. I'm too much into cheesy plots x_X

    It was funnier in the last episode where it happened more than just once, but Piplup still makes me laugh everytime it angrily shouts, "POCHA POCHA!" in agreement whenever Dawn raises her voice against Paul.

    I liked both battles of this episode, as short as the former one may have been. I am a little sad that out of all of Ash's Pokémon, it was Staravia who was denied any chance to shine, but it was good that there was a battle where Paul took out both opponents, considering he was absolutely useless (no pun intended) in the last one.

    Good way of displaying that Brock is still an excellent battler. He didn't even bat an eyelid after Farfetch'd was KO and immediately used the opportunity to fight back.

    I think Honoka reappearing might not be as unlikely as many think. After all, the reason she left so abruptly was to train hard to become a worthy partner to Brock - now it's up to the writers if they want to follow up on that resolution or not.
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th October 2007 at 7:41 PM.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Oooh... good. Great episode. Everything went as planned.

    I wonder why Team Rocket it's still in pokemon... sometimes I wish they just left already, but I'd probably die of sadness then, so... yeah. Lovable, yet useless.

    I just kept wishing that Paul went back for Chimchar, even when it was about to enter Ash's pokeball... Sigh, silly me. I really didn't want Chimchar to go with Ash, for some unknown reason... I wanted it to keep following Paul until he accepted it back, with lots of drama and girly tears.

    For a moment I thought that Dawn and her partner would win (God, if that happened, I would've gone emo for a week). The battles were great, and I just loved Paul every second (Yeah, I'm weird, I know...). I nearly wet my pants when elekid evolved.

    Oh well, most of it was kinda predictable, anyway. But still awesome.
    MY MY.

    Do not have a signature?

    Don't worry. I don't either. (L)

    Enjoy my spanglish mad skillz.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    I don’t know about anyone else, but despite the fact that Shinji’s pokémon both mopped the floor with their opponents after a little struggling, I found it incredibly satisfying to watch them being pounded into the dirt before their inevitable victories. Especially Elekid, who I personally feel is a bigger prick than Shinji is. The look on it’s face as the omnipotent Protect failed to save is hide was priceless, as was the incoming horn ramming into it’s supposed ribcage.
    While Croagunk slamming Torterra's skull into the stadium floor with such force was great, I kinda wish Muku.BIRD had crashed it's Ariel Ace into it's face beforehand, just for some hyucks and tee-hees. Besides, we all know the Bird wouldn't have been effected by the recoil anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    After all, the reason she left so abruptly was to train hard to become a worthy partner to Brock - now it's up to the writers if they want to follow up on that resolution or not.
    Wishful thinking or not, I do hope that she means 'partner' in more ways than one

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Did Ash give Dawn the soothe Bell?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Piplup View Post
    Did Ash give Dawn the soothe Bell?
    Yeah Ash gave her the soothe bell he won and then Paul tossed Ash the one he won, since he said he didn't need it.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    108

    Default

    It looked like Ash actually ignored Paul's trash talk a couple of times here. First when he asks why Ash would want Chimchar (whom he refers to as useless), after which Ash says something that ticks Paul off. Second when they have their final battle, and Paul says something nasty about the whole thing, he looks over, and Ash is bonding happliy with Chimchar.

    Ash ignoring Paul. Could this be signaling something?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    It looked like Ash actually ignored Paul's trash talk a couple of times here. First when he asks why Ash would want Chimchar (whom he refers to as useless), after which Ash says something that ticks Paul off. Second when they have their final battle, and Paul says something nasty about the whole thing, he looks over, and Ash is bonding happliy with Chimchar.

    Ash ignoring Paul. Could this be signaling something?
    Yeah, Ash knows how to use reverse psychology.

    Anyway, Air Slash looked cool.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Turtwig being boring does not reflect its strength. Pikachu's power resets at the beginning of every region and It's not like Pikachu's been getting knocked out by weak pokemon or something.

    Staravia didn't even get to battle in this episode so no one should call it weak based on what they see/saw in this particular episode.

    I still think the bird has alot of potential and it will get stronger.

    Turtwig has had quite a few impressive wins and I dont think anyone should argue with the point that Turtwig's wins have been better then what Treeko/Chikorita/Bulbasaur had at this point in their respective journey's.
    weeeird tho cuz like once didnt a girl say pikachu was level 25?? that was in Kanto..... so he should be like level 100 by now..

    they should be more realistic... and if there is a Blissey in thee future how are they gonna incorperate a round stone or whatever (thing that evolves Happiny) into the story
    I think I love Crobats...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •