Thread: How will Pikachu reset in the next generation

Default How will Pikachu reset in the next generation

So what will be the reason the will writers come up this time? How will Pikachu be reset for the next generation?

Are they going to get a god Pokemon to reset Pikachu this time? Or some weak Pokemon or even a machine that will suck all of Pikachu's Electricity?

In my opinion If Pikachu didn't get reset in Hoenn or Sinnoh he would of only needed Pikachu to take down the entire league.
    Last edited by ChampionRed; 2nd January 2013 at 10:50 AM.

They won't need to restart him, just have some other newbie kid with a powerful starter to make it look weakXD
    Ooh Poor Pikachu.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    They won't need to restart him, just have some other newbie kid with a powerful starter to make it look weakXD
    Ooh Poor Pikachu.
    Yup, honestly one of the worst battles in all of BW. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

- Team Rocket uses a powerful magnetic machine which somehow disturbs Pikachu's powers.
    - Gen 6 legendary drains out Pikachu's powers and then gives them back for some reason.
    - Pikachu gets sick.

Err, any other ideas? Also, how refreshing would it be if Pikachu got a power up at the start of gen 6?

It would be even stranger if they made Pikachu suddenly forget all its moves through some incident and then gradually get new ones throughout the series
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Ash decides Pikachu is so strong its unfair to other trainers so he decides it will only use quick attack for awhile.

It will pull a OS/Johto AKA it wont.

hopefully.

He did not reset in Johto or Sinnoh so why would he have to in Gen 6? I mean Paul beating him with Elekid is justified. Elekid evolves via friendship something Paul never really had with his Pokemon. Even Hoenn's (reset) was not really a reset as much as the one in BW
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakikun View Post
    He did not reset in Johto or Sinnoh so why would he have to in Gen 6? I mean Paul beating him with Elekid is justified. Elekid evolves via friendship something Paul never really had with his Pokemon. Even Hoenn's (reset) was not really a reset as much as the one in BW
    No it isn't. Despite what people think about him being a god trainer no way is an elekid supposed to be on par with a regice.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No it isn't. Despite what people think about him being a god trainer no way is an elekid supposed to be on par with a regice.
    It could be anime and games are not the same
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

It could be anime and games are not the same
    Yeah because the anime has totally not put legendaries on a different level than normal right? ≧◔◡◔≦ Besides anyone even trying to justify that battle are as bad as the people thinking BW Ash never regressed.

..and Pikachu is?

In Johto, I don't believe anything happened. Mainly because Ash just stayed the same strength, meaning Pikachu didn't need to reset.. and Misty/Brock criticised him for this unaltered strength when he was facing new trainers with Charizard.

In Hoenn, Pikachu was hit with an electro-magnetic force which reset his power. This was because he was going to start filling his team with new captures and it would therefore be unreasonable to keep Pikachu at a higher level.

In Sinnoh, Pikachu wasn't reset, but Ash's main rival was also an experienced trainer who had travelled through the same amount of regions and competed in the same amount of leagues. For all we know, he could've had his Elekid for a long time and brought out its maximum potential before facing Ash, thus why it was difficult for Pikachu to get the upperhand. Two highly experienced electric types will give each other a harder time than an ice type would give them, legendary or not. Plus, Pikachu was always shown to be inferior to the Electabuzz line anyway, so they would want to keep that going until it beat one later in the region.

In Unova, Pikachu was hit by an extremely powerful electrical attack from one of strongest legendaries in the region and/or world. It sapped Pikachu's power and it was therefore unable to use any electrical attacks. Not only this, but even the attempt to use such attacks completely exhausted it and lowered its stamina. This is why it couldn't stand up to Snivy, despite the snake being a very low levelled starter Pokémon.. Think for a moment how an exhausted Pikachu that tired itself out more with every attempt at an electrical attack, could possibly gain the upperhand in that situation.

Now, in the next region its hard to think how they will go with it.. Will they reset it or not? I personally think that Pikachu will keep its power for the next region and face another experienced trainer as Ash's rival. I do however like the idea of it somehow losing access to all of its attacks and therefore having to relearn them and/or gain newer moves. Although given the state of this region, I doubt that'd be done well.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Last time I checked Pikachu was the mascot of pokemon, not elekid.

I don't think it should be reset. It has gained a balanced amount of power in bw and if ash is gonna move forward as a trainer, then they need to stop nerfing his best Pokemon
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionRed View Post
    So what will be the reason the will writers come up this time? How will Pikachu be reset for the next generation?

Are they going to get a god Pokemon to reset Pikachu this time? Or some weak Pokemon or even a machine that will suck all of Pikachu's Electricity?
    Well what ever the writer will do the fan base will moan and whine like a cry baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionRed View Post
    In my opinion If Pikachu didn't get reset in Hoenn or Sinnoh he would of only needed Pikachu to take down the entire league.
    And the animé would have been so boring since Ash would be using Pikachu all the time, thus leaving his other team in the dust which was the case in Johto when Ash would always use Pikachu in every Gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yup, honestly one of the worst battles in all of BW. XD.
    No it wasn't.

He did not reset in Johto or Sinnoh so why would he have to in Gen 6? I mean Paul beating him with Elekid is justified. Elekid evolves via friendship something Paul never really had with his Pokemon.
    It actually evolves at Level 30.

Last time I checked Pikachu was the mascot of pokemon, not elekid.
    Incorrect no pokémon is the "mascot" of the pokémon franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I don't think it should be reset. It has gained a balanced amount of power in bw and if ash is gonna move forward as a trainer, then they need to stop nerfing his best Pokemon
    But Ash is never going to move forward as a trainer, he will always lose the pokémon league and forever to roam new regions catching new pokémon.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

There is little point in this thread since the next generation hasn't even been announced. So, let's keep it on the back burner, shall we?

//CLOSED
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<