Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPPf Shippers Survey - Results are in!

Default SPPf Shippers Survey - Results are in!

Approved by Chelc.

Ever wondered which ships are the most popular? Which ships have the most supporters or least detracters? The aim of this survey is to determine which of the following 40 Anime ships is the most popular according to you.

Initially I intended to use another site, but have since decided to simply accept PMs. Should I not have enough space a visitor message will suffice unless I can round up some helpers :)

And without any more delays, the ships are:

Poke (Ash x Misty)
    Advance (Ash x May)
    Pearl (Ash x Dawn)
    Orange (Tracey x Misty)
    Contest (Drew x May)
    Penguin (Kenny x Dawn)
    Heatag (Conway x Dawn)
    Ikari (Paul x Dawn)
    Ego (Gary x Misty)
    Handyman (Tracey x Daisy)
    Rocket (James x Jessie)
    Morpheus (Ash x Angie)
    Alto (Ash x Latias)
    Pika (Ash x Pikachu)
    Lagomorph (Pikachu x Buneary)
    Pallet (Ash x Gary)
    Boulder (Ash x Brock)
    Coma (Ash x Paul)
    Respect (Ash x Drew)
    League (Ash x Ritchie)
    Appeal (Dawn x Zoey)
    SapphirePearl (May x Dawn)
    Cookie (Harley x May)
    Gym (Brock x Misty)
    Tension (Drew x Harley)
    Elder (Oak x Delia)
    Belle (Drew x Dawn)
    Quest (Jimmy x Marina)
    Chef (Brock x Harley)
    Ability (Ash x Anabel)
    Kiss (Ash x Melody)
    Minamo (May x Kelly)
    Apprentice (Oak x Tracey)
    Krazy (Pikachu x Meowth)
    Oyster (Dawn x Misty)
    Cavalier (Gary x Dawn)
    Indigo (Ritchie x Misty)
    Breeder (Brock x Suzie)
    Luck (Brock x Lucy)

Rate each from one to ten in a PM sent to me or any other people who volunteer. Try to be objective, don't give out 39 zeroes and one ten :)

DO NOT vote in this thread. Post here for speculative purposes only.

You have the next two days to cast your votes, more if not enough people respond. Happy voting :)
    Last edited by Tom Nook; 4th February 2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Fixing a long standing typo.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

Mmm, this should be interesting...

I'll cast my votes tomorrow... 8D

But either way, I'm thinking that the top 3 Ash shippings from each generation minus Johto will probably be topping... and I'm one of those people who don't go mainstream too much. XD

Oh, let's not forget Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Bulbasaur... and also Max x Munchlax, and other shipping which had some appeal to some people but were forgotten... :P
    Last edited by Avegaille; 31st January 2009 at 2:48 PM.

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

This will be interesting. ^^ I agree with Avegaille, the Ash Shippings will probably be the most popular.

*goes to send her votes*

This is an interesting idea. I'd think the popularity of the various ships would be obvious, but seeing the way people vote might be different than one would expect.

I'd hardly say that IronWill classifies as an anime 'ship, because so far Gen has appeared in two episodes and has had minimal interaction with Hikari. Most of the shippers who support this (from what I've seen) look at it from the game point of view.

I'll vote soon.

OH NOES! THERE AREN'T ENOUGH YAOI SHIPPINGS!

(laughs) Sorry, had to do that. I realize that you have to keep it relatively mainstream.

(casts vote)
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I'd think the popularity of the various ships would be obvious, but seeing the way people vote might be different than one would expect.

I'd hardly say that IronWill classifies as an anime 'ship, because so far Gen has appeared in two episodes and has had minimal interaction with Hikari. Most of the shippers who support this (from what I've seen) look at it from the game point of view.

I'll vote soon.
    Iawtc.

I don't understand why IronWill is on there in the first place, really... it doesn't really have that many supporters. Hell, after the episodes aired, no one really cared enough to post in its thread (even me, the owner), haha.

I say take it off the list and put Abilityshipping (Ash x Anabel) in its place, but it's up to you.

I'll be voting sometime soon.
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    Iawtc.

I don't understand why IronWill is on there in the first place, really... it doesn't really have that many supporters. Hell, after the episodes aired, no one really cared enough to post in its thread (even me, the owner), haha.

I say take it off the list and put Abilityshipping (Ash x Anabel) in its place, but it's up to you.

I'll be voting sometime soon.
    Whoops...I can blame copy/paste for this. I listed all the ships here with threads and then removed the non-anime ones, except Ironwill it appears. I'll remove it and add Ability. Ability will simply have less numbers initially but a higher average most likely.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

Heh, seems like a good idea... I wonder, what happens with the results? Oo;

And a nitpick of mine; it'd be easier if you had the ships by name just so they're easier to find and read [ie: Ability should be near the top because it starts with A], but that's totally your call ^^

I shall now cast my votes~ *Jeopardy music plays*
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post
    And a nitpick of mine; it'd be easier if you had the ships by name just so they're easier to find and read [ie: Ability should be near the top because it starts with A], but that's totally your call ^^
    Way to be picky. :P Cut the man some slack, it's a great idea.

I'm interested to see how people vote. I'm guessing some of the "mainstream ships" won't turn out to be as popular as people thought.

Just a thought.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

^It's because I'm here to make sure all the underdog shipping come out on top. Or at least try to.

But I'm sure my votes won't do much because I like uncommon ships and *some* mainstream ones.

Though I feel like an Ash ship is definitely going to come out on top, especially since most of the list has Ash in it, for obvious reasons. xD

EDIT: Zomg Rank Up!
    Last edited by omniouswind; 1st February 2009 at 5:55 PM.

d00med n0w

My votes are in, but last night I was thinking about the last survey and how it also tallied the voter demographics (i.e., gender, age, how long they've been into Pokemon, things like that.) It might be too late to incorporate that, but maybe it's something to think about. It might be interesting to see those results.

I have fifteen surveys sent in so far, and the results have been fairly even so far. Two ships in particular have excelled above the competition. I think 30 responders seems like a good number, anybody think we should wait for more?

And since a few people have asked, I will use the results to generate an average score for each ship. Highest Average = Most Popular.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

Very nice idea, kudos for doing it
    I think I remember when there was a similar thread started with a poll...but this seems much more open lol

I'll be sure to send you my votes within the hours mate
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

I still need about 13 more responders before I can post the results, 11 discounting Chelc and Avegaille. Plus I have a question for you guys. Once the survey is over should I reveal the results gradually or all in one post?
    Twins with Sonic Boom

C'mon peoples, vote! : D

Anyway, I don't see what's wrong with just posting them all at once unless people like the suspense of the results being revealed gradually. But in the end, it doesn't really matter to me...

d00med n0w

Why not all at once? I don't see why not. It makes sense, right? Having the results displayed for all to see. That was the point of the survey, to see which ships are most enjoyed by everyone here?

Meh I dunno it's your decision, but I think it makes more sense to put them up for the world to see. Who knows, we might get some rousing discussion about it. At least, if we get some kind of Average Scale Number per ship, then people might agree "oh yeah, that sounds right" or "what? How did that happen?" kind of thing.
    Last edited by Tadashi; 3rd February 2009 at 12:13 AM.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I am not voting cause I would be horribly biased towards one ship on there that I consider an OTP... but I look forward to the results. *has a funny feeling what ships will be in the top five*

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Oops, I'll vote now, I guess... XD

And about posting the results... well... just posting them all at once seems a good idea. XD

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

Certainly an interesting idea =D

Though we should know that results will probably be biased some kind of way since the people who vote =/= the serebii community =/= overall pokemon shipping fans. And because voters select themselves there isn't random sampling either.

Still I am interested in the results as I feel the 3 or 4 major ships might be losing some votes to less popular ships lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    I am not voting cause I would be horribly biased towards one ship on there that I consider an OTP... but I look forward to the results. *has a funny feeling what ships will be in the top five*
    well, even if you give one ship a way bigger score than all the others because it's your favorite, not that I know all about that or anything you're still giving scores to all the others, too. I mean, some are definitely going to be bigger than others but the opinions on all the ships will be worth seeing, too, imo.

Well, this does seem quite fun. I will soon vote.

Oh before I forget Tom Nook. Brock x Lucy is LuckShipping not LuckyShipping.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Quote Originally Posted by Ampris
    well, even if you give one ship a way bigger score than all the others because it's your favorite, not that I know all about that or anything you're still giving scores to all the others, too. I mean, some are definitely going to be bigger than others but the opinions on all the ships will be worth seeing, too, imo.
    True, but I don't want my heavy bias towards that one ship tarnish the results of the others. I can be one cruel bitch... but not in this case. (:

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

I think 30 responders seems like a good number, anybody think we should wait for more?
    Yes. ^^; You don't have to wait, but please hear me out.

30 members will not tell you which shipping is the most popular. For an "accurate" survey, you need at least 100 people. Even 80-90 would suffice (I know we're a pretty small community, as of right now especially, so yeah), but not 30.

I will be sending in my vote(s) later today.
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    Yes. ^^; You don't have to wait, but please hear me out.

30 members will not tell you which shipping is the most popular. For an "accurate" survey, you need at least 100 people. Even 80-90 would suffice (I know we're a pretty small community, as of right now especially, so yeah), but not 30.

I will be sending in my vote(s) later today.
    I agree. My aim is to be as "accurate" as possible, so I would need most of the community to take part. I'll keep this going for much longer then.

And thanks
    Twins with Sonic Boom

The Poll is still open

I have 23 replies so far and hope for many more in the final week. Like before PM the results to me, using the form in the first post.

Until then, this thread will not only be for future voters to ask questions or speculate on the results, but also for previous posters to speculate on the makeup of the Top Ten Anime Ships. And it is certaintly a mixed group.

People who guess will do so purely for pride reasons, which all shippers do at some point

Thanks for participating guys!
    Last edited by Tom Nook; 20th February 2009 at 7:29 AM. Reason: Changing Poll expirory date to non existant
    Twins with Sonic Boom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast