Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Club

The Fan Fiction Club

Do you like reading Fan Fiction? Do you like writing Fan Fiction? Do you like reviewing Fan Fiction? Do you like Fan Fiction at all?

If your answer to any of the above questions is “hell yeah,” “you know it” or even just plain old “yes,” then the Fan Fiction Club is for you!

This club is meant for anybody who uses the Fan Fiction section here, and even for a few who don’t: if you have any interest at all in writing or reading Fan Fiction, even if you don’t write Pokémon Fan Fiction, even if you don’t have any written stories, even if you’ve never stepped foot inside SPPf’s sub-forum (but perhaps use others?), as long as you have the tiniest liking for writing, you are welcome with open arms! After all, literature is a core aspect to today’s society, and without it - well, let’s not get into how awful the world would be without it!

Here you can discuss just about anything concerning Fan Fiction, or just writing in general with other lovers of the art. Whether it’s plot-construction, writing styles, the usage of UU Pokémon or even things concerning the dreaded ‘R’ rating, feel free to start a conversation about it!

This is the third repost of the fan Fiction Club, the first being owned by Tale way back when until he handed it over to myself and Ledian_X, though now I’ve been left to hold the fort. The more recent thread was…old and outdated, and everything about it just needed revamping. So Ledian_X and I reworked some stuff, and now the club is doing swimmingly!

The R&R
    (that’s Rules and Regulations, not Read and Review)

1. Follow all forum rules, both the General Forum Rules as well as the Club Rules.

2. Respect everyone. This really goes without saying, but basically you just need to respect all other members; understand that we will be talking about things that everyone has a different opinion on, and you need to recognize that other people’s thoughts views may not be the same as your own. Do not discredit or knock down anyone else’s beliefs, and keep an open mind to new ideas. A close-minded writer doesn’t make for a good one.

3. Psychic owns the club, though no Co-Owner is currently being sought after, so please don’t ask. If a Co-Owner is wanted, it probably will not be said and I’ll just watch for anyone who I think might do well.

4. In regards to advertising and talking about your fic: in your first post you may link to any and all chapter fics, One-Shots, poetry and anything else you may have posted on SPPf. Whenever you post a new story for the first time, then you can provide a link to it, and it is asked that if you released a new chapter for your fic, you simply post saying ‘I updated my fic’ but do not link it. This is so that this thread doesn’t become a place to just post updates for your own fic and it allows newer fics to get known as well. Also, as always, please do not randomly advertize your fic.

5. Don’t post criticism for a specific fic here; this belongs in the fic thread itself. You can certainly mention or talk about fics here, just don’t start writing up a full-out review for one.

6. Every day a new topic may be posted to discuss, however try not to add a million topics. Members can still reply to old topics as much as they want, but if you have an idea for a topic but a bunch have already been posted for the day, please wait until tomorrow before posting it. To be fair, you can not post multiple topics in a row (unless nobody else is making topics).

7. At the bottom of this post the recent topics will be included; feel free to reply to them! Again, if you see that there’s already a lot of new topics for the day please just wait until there’s a day without a topic that has been posted.

8. Any important news and information will be put in the first post, so check it regularly to stay up-to-date.

9. While anybody can join, if you are seen constantly breaking the Fan Fiction Rules, then you will be banned from the club. And trust me, if someone is breaking the rules it will be known, so please be sure to follow the rules while in that section.

10. Have a good time. Yes, this is a rule: if you don’t have a good time, other members are allowed to pelt you with writing materials. :3

To Become a Member

If you like writing in any way, shape or form, all you have to do is ask. You do not need to own a fic or even to frequent the Fan Fiction section, however feel free to list and link to any fics you have posted on SPPf. If you like you can just talk a bit about yourself, your favourite genres, books, authors, whatever you want.

Soooo now that you know a bit more about this club, we do hope that you'll join us in the one and only club for the readers and writers of SPPf!

Current Members:
    Psychic (Owner)
    Ledian_X
    DarkPersian479
    Sike Saner
    MondoTR
    Pamizard
    Bay
    The Doctor
    FlamingRuby
    Divinity_123
    Negrek
    Blackjack Gabbiani
    katiekitten
    .:Pyroken Serafoculus:.
    purple_drake
    HommeDor
    Arcanine Royale
    ~RaikouRider243~
    Pkmn Breeder Jack
    DieChavsDie
    DarkLegend
    Bobandbill
    Chibi Pika
    CrystalSaurTower
    EonMaster One
    Eclipse
    Manaphyman
    Shuko
    dash142
    Saffire Persian
    TrueCharizard
    LinksOcarina
    BladedScizor
    Darkrukario
    PHAMPY321
    C.Gholy
    Angry Mudkip
    Psyblade
    Griff4815
    Pink Parka Girl
    Glajummy
    Shiny Blaziken
    palkia1
    kingferret53
    Skeith
    Shrike Flamestar
    Nodding Poochyena
    niedude
    Brainiac
    Bert
    FireTrainer92
    Dramatic Melody
    Umbreon Ruler
    elyvorg
    Pokemaster271
    Dilasc
    Koridojo_Blaziken
    Jean de Kotennoh.
    Pikustrite
    Gardevoir Girl
    BanditPonyta
    Brian Powell
    storywrit3r
    Ky-nim
    Mystery Dragon Fang
    Obsidian Helix
    fishyfool
    aquajet16
    Marikunin
    Buraddo_Aipom
    Rixec
    Lord of Music
    Kabutopzilla
    seveguy
    ~Mist~
    Legendary Warrior
    Arceus Master
    Silawen
    ganonrai
    LuckyShipper8816
    LuciRuki
    Zora
    //Mix\\
    Spakass Delta
    Dresden
    storymasterb
    Pink Lapras
    Glitch
    Tatortot
    PokemonHero
    Shining Aruseus
    Xewtwo
    Ventus3

Club Banner:
    http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../FFCBanner.png

Current Topics:
    What kind of things do you usually write about? If it is something you like, what is it?

When writing something, do you feel like you have to force youself to describe things in detail? Does this happen often?

Could you imagine a movie based off of your fanfics?

Current News:
    The Fan Fiction Rules have been totally redone and revamped!
    Do you think a brief, summarized version should be added? Post your thoughts!

Results for the Requiem Tragedy One-Shot should have been posted! Congratulations, everyone!
    Last edited by Psychic; 11th August 2008 at 6:46 PM.

The club's being restarted? Please, allow me to be the first to rejoin.

For those who don't knowm, my major fic is Lurking in the Shadows: Lisa's Ultimate Challenge. Yeah, it's your typical OT journey fic, but with the most unlikely of Original Trainers- 15 year old Lisa, who already has a college degree and a "strong passion" for math. It's still going 34 chapters strong, but recently I've been getting the urges to rewrite my earlier chapters due to reviewers pointing out flaws in the early going. But I do want to finish this version so I can contribute a full-blown Journey Fic to the Completed Fics thread. After all, my only other fic is a one-shot songfic that unfortunately doesn't do a great song justice

I have no idea how I became a fanfic writer. By all accounts I shouldn't be. I don't read novels (and little fiction outside of manga, in fact) but somehow I felt compelled to write this story of an unlikely Pokemon trainer, and I guess I've caught the writing bug, so to speak

Well, I look forward to some interesting discussions once we get our old member base back!

Rejoining, fwee... ^^

I'm a writer of Pokémon fanfiction, as well as a reader and reviewer of fanfiction. My work:

The Origin of Storms A completed tragedy/horror piece about a Wobbuffet, written between the summers of '03-'04, revised in '05, and receiving little edits here and there to this day.

Communication - A drama about the life of a Glalie, which I started writing in late '04 and am still writing to this day.
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 24th September 2007 at 10:15 AM.
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Little late rejoining as I am working on stuff but here I am!

For those who don't know I am Ledian_X. Creator of the Starbolts, an elite superteam that is an ongoing series here at SPPf.

My current work:

Starbolts Chronicles

The other story Starbolts: New Beginnings is in the completed fics section.

Starbolts Chronicles takes place after New Beginnings and is a series of linked together oneshots akin to single issues or even two part adventures from a comic. Several Chronicles link together with the past story and will play a role in future tales.

The stories themselbves are superhero action adventures in the style of modern day comics. It's a little dark. Characters have problems and are realistic despite having fantastic powers. These aren't Golden Age heroes. They're modern day champions of freedom.

LX
    Last edited by Ledian_X; 24th September 2007 at 2:58 PM.
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

I recommend Starbolts. Chris did an awesome job with it.

Aura - Newest team in the Starboltsverse. They're smalltime heroes just starting out. Watch them develop as a team.
    I've also started a trainer fic about the youngest Battling Eevee Brother from the anime. It's called "Mikey's Kanto Journey". It's on hold for now. I like it so will probably continue it at some point.
    Last edited by MondoTR; 24th September 2007 at 6:06 PM.

I'll join. I make crossovers

The one I'm currently working on is Legend of Sonic: Twilight Princess, where sonic and his Pokemon(My made up Pokemon) team up with Link and Midna to save Hyrule from Zant and Ganondorf. I'm currently up to where they recieved teh last fused shadow and are about to get warped to an unknown place where Zant will curse Link and try to warn Sonic to leave or he might face danger. The danger (which I planned on it) Sonic gets captured, gets sent to Albratrir's (sp?) grounds and actually met Ganondorf face to face. Its almost like the game, but its my version of it.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I'll rejoin.

Well, I am only going to link two of my current chapter fics because of the lag and also I am busy at the moment. (Will probably edit this post with links to my other stories ).

The first one is Nothing, Everything. I only posted the prologue so far, so I won't say much about it except that the theme will be about the flaws of history.

My second currrent fic is Simplicity, which is basically about two Pokemon producers who area in competition with two other producers. So far have five chapters posted, sixth one will come as soon as the college activities calm down. XD

Well, can't wait for some good discussions here!

FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

For some reason, I didn't get into the first, so this is technically me joining for the first time. I've done two fics before, neither got completed, mainly because they seem to be some sort of n00b-attraction. Of course, Arcanine Royale and Demise were fans and they do great stuff so diamonds in the rough, I guess.

I've got a brilliant idea for a fic that hasn't been done before: Goodbye, Mr Olympia! (Yes, the exclamation mark is part of the title). It's set in the '30's and Kanto and Johto are recently linked by the newly-built Entei Express, the world's fastest steam train. All nations (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre) are interlinked in some way by ferry and the Indigo League Tournament is now called the Pokemon League Olympiad, the Champion earning the title "Mr Olympia". Shortly after its opening however, a group of mercenaries called The Auteurs kidnap the architect and board the Entei Express, each with their own motivation for bumping off the current Mr Olympia.

I've been watching Metropoils (the anime version) and Blade Runner recently so it's going to be a steampunk world with jazz music on every corner, old-time newspapers and as you guessed, eccentric contraptions and a lot of steam. Also, it has a Grovyle named Shakespeare. This is a fic I'm feeling pretty confident about but schoolwork is pretty heavy so it might be a while before Goodbye, Mr Olympia! is actually posted.

Edit: Oh, and here's a topic to get started: How do you plan out your fics/fic ideas?
    Last edited by The Doctor; 25th September 2007 at 3:39 PM.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

I planed out my ideas freshman year in High school after i wrote a story for a project for the Oddsey. I used video game characters from Sonic and Pokemon (actually my made up Pokemon) and from there I decided to make my own crossovers with each video game.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Count me in, please!

My active work:

The Ash and Pikachu Show-my look at what it would be like if Ash and the gang hosted a variety show (I'm stuck on planning the 100th episode, though)
    The Adventures of Kochou and the Beautiflies-a musical adventure, meant to be both a Pokeworld version of and a tribute to the 80's rock band cartoon "Jem" (stuck on episode 30/50)
    The Ruby Files-my version of an MD fic, loosely based on my first playthrough of the game.

How do you plan out your fics/fic ideas?
    I don't. XD;

Usually I come up with an idea for a fic and some random scenes that go with it. Then I find a way to lead to those scenes and fill in the parts in between.

Usually, I read comics or watch some tv to think up something. Sometimes the ideas just come into y head if I am drawing a hero using the hero machine. A lot of things tend to give me ideas. It's hard to pick one.

But, I usually take an idea and see where I can go with it. I write it down so I don't forget.

LX
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

Usually I tend to first think about what kind of themes I want my fic to convey and then I would think about a bit on how to do the story in the beginning, middle, and end. After that I tend to think of some scenes I could do and later think of some way how scene A came to be and such.

...Later on, as the story progresses, I kept changing things around if I think I could make this story better and such. XD

FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

I meticulously plan everything out before I begin. These plans are not set in stone, they are subject to adittion, deletion, and/or revision at any time.

LOL, can I join?

I little introduction of myself: I began writing fanfics a year ago when I stumbled upon the Fanfic section of SPPf. Ever since then, I've been writing, and becoming better. . .at least I think I am :P

Divinity_123

I don't, really; before I start writing anything I'll have a good idea of the beginning and end of a story, usually, and a vague idea of major events to happen in between. After that, I just start writing, and things work themselves out as I go along. My idea of the plot gets more concrete as I work along, though. For example, when I started my current and longest-running 'fic, I started out with a concept and knew where I was going, but only had a hazy idea of how I might get there. By now, where I only have about two chapters left to write, I of course know exactly how things are going to play out for all the material I have left to go through.

Rejoining, btw.
    Last edited by Negrek; 27th September 2007 at 12:48 AM.

I'll join. My major fic is Obsession (link in sig), a backstory for Jirarudan the Collector from the second movie. It takes a lot of planning, because it requires an altered mindset as well as a lot of insight. I write him as mildly autistic, which I also am, so I have to look within. I've learned a lot about myself from writing it, as well as getting to explore a character I adore.

I'm currently working on the 16th chapter, but if that sounds intimidating, don't worry, the chapters are *really* short.

I've been working on it for several years. Heck, I can't even remember when I started it. Probably sometime in 2001. And sometimes it's been over a year between chapters because I can't find the words.

Most of my fics are short one-shots. My most recent one, Take (warning, rated R for violence), is considered long for me.

You may know me as Blackjack Palazzo or BlackjackRocket, depending on where you go. I'm a fanfic mod on Bulbagarden, and I'm a frequent fanfic panelist at anime cons in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh yeah, the question--I usually plan out my fics by acting them out.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Rejoining. :3

I brainstorm. I find walking helps the most, or sitting somewhere familiar but not overly so - Talking helps too. I just figure out a basic plot in my head, visualise a couple of the scenes, (random ones from later chapters, middle parts and always the ending - although I tend to stop myself from going into word detail unless I have a pen handy, I always find that my work is never quite as good if it is written twice) and just generally think about it. I know that writing it down would be best, that I wouldn't forget things that way, (although it isn't stories I forget, more the mundane things. xD) but in my usual, lazy way, I just... Don't. Prefer remembering it.

Talking to my muse (AKA sister - by god it helps, although I have no idea how) is how I sort out most of the fiddly bits. Thrashing out characters, scenarios, later plans... She's like a movable wall I can bounce ideas off of. But don't tell her I said that. :x (She's not on the forums anyway, thank goodness.)

On my stories... I haven't written anything for this forum in quite a while, although I am writing one now. I have been writing, but as these stories are from a different fandom and are a way for me to explore new styles of writing, I haven't exactly posted that many here. The occasional one, but not all, and not for a while. (Might post one later, though... I'm particularily proud of it) 'Cause although you don't need to know the fandom to enjoy them, it most certainly helps, and many referrences and themes are lost without knowledge of the characters. Ah well.

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

I only got the time for one post in the last thread, so I believe I shall rejoin. If I even joined the first time, that is.

My fictions are:

Rediscovery: Book 1 - First Traces
    The Upholder of Duty

I also have an assortment of one-shots that are too many to list here.

Ah, here is a topic which I take great interest in. I shall quote an earlier post of mine in reply:

My plots start with a single concept. This concept is the very root of the fiction, and is often only revealed at the very end. It's always either a certain truth that grips my mind at the time of conception, or a demonstration of the truth, or a certain theme or setting that can go splendidly in a fanfiction. In some cases, however, plots have been known to stem from certain dreams or visuals that grab my attention, usually concerning actions rather irrelevant to the fiction itself (or so it seems...).

Next, the unmanifest concept begins to clump manifest setting and characters around it, rather like a fledgling planet growing from the debris of a newly-born star. usually, the very climax and the resulting resolution has been determined instantaneously, and the ending is seeking (a) a way to actually happen, and (b) the very beginning. If the theory is good in practice, it soon gains (a), and (b) follows without too much difficulty. If the concept is harder to carry out with a definite plot, however, it lies waiting for some stroke of brilliance, and idly amasses random pieces of finer details, some of which I discard and some of which I put into storage for their appropriate time. Eventually, though, the gist of the plot manifests, and I carry on with the next phase without further ado.

Here, I actually begin writing. The beginning is almost fully determined, and I write it down as if I'm copying it from some older draft. I concieve the next minor events, and the process of writing them down brings automatic manifestation.

Like a BitTorrent download (sorry about the analogy, but it's late over here), disconnected bits and pieces of major events start showing themselves to me as the fic starts to obsess my mind more and more. (From this part on, I'm theorizing, since none of my fics have ever reached this far.) The pieces grow bigger and bigger by themselves, until I need only to string them together as I write, and I finally finish the climax (and usually let the resolution be determined by the reader).

Lookit this, I found my way here all on my lonesome ^.^ (after being given the link... *cough*)

Okay, uhm, fics:

Heart of the Magma: There was a time when Team Magma worked for the good of the pokémon world. When they were ruled by reason and not madness. When they had in their care the daughter of their leader, a little girl who represented hopes and dreams… and fears…

^ This is the prequel to my main fic... it's a one-shot but it's like, uhm, three posts long ^.^;;

Choice and Consequence: Life is filled with choices. Choices are balanced with consequences. Separated by three regions, the choices of a father and his daughter could bring them together… if they can face the consequences first.

^ Mah main fic. S'unfinished, but I know what's gonna happen and I have the plotline all written out. This is the rewrite--thanks to a nice concrit by Negrek for the original *bows* I was dying to go back and revamp it. So I did. Having some trouble with writer's block now, though <_<

Brother My Brother: When two eevees are left abandoned by their trainer, the stronger vows that they will never again be owned by another human, swearing that he will protect his brother from servitude. Whatever the cost…

^ Side-story to CaC, about two pokemon characters (obviously). This one needs a rewrite too, especially with how things have developed in CaC...

The Taming of the Northern Wind: ‘I’d played the game for years, for decades, for centuries, and still I hadn’t found the answers I sought. And then I met Him.’ Suicune reflects on those who chase the legends.

^ Written for the Myths and Legends One-shot Contest--second place winner! ^^

Keeping My Sanity: Mirrorscape: ‘Today my hair is red. It could be worse. At least my eyes are still grey.’ Lance is having trouble keeping his sanity, and his reflections aren’t helping…

^ A plotbunny idea which came from viewing fanart. I did have semi-made plans for a trilogy, but I can't remember what I planned and I never wrote the ideas down... this one needs to be tweaked to make up for my changing views on character development, but still...

Mmm, well, usually I'll daydream it. Once I've imagined enough scenes and enough of the plot, then I'll write it down to thresh out the details (and so I don't have to remember all of it!) The exact details of scenes usually change by the time I get it down on paper, but mostly I manage to remember the feel.... obviously, as someone else said beforehand, everything is subject to change even after I've started writing the fic.

That's only if it's worth writing, though, there's tons of stuff I think of which isn't writable material. -_-;; finding ideas truly isn't my problem, it's choosing which one to write!

Now to answer my own topic.

It just...happens. Ideas come from literally any sort of medium, but in my mind they look different. The ones that look promising are bigger and brighter, the ones that look less interesting are darker and smaller by comparison. I plan roughly the beginning and the end, and the characters blossom into view. I also do Wikia-based articles. This way, I've got a summary of both plot and character, and any references to pop culture are listed as well; I may come up with something brilliant only to forget it the next day, so I get any ideas I have down onto paper sharpish. Once I've got enough ideas down, I start to write. I'm trying to get into a habit where I wait until I get a few chapters down before posting the first. It will be interesting to see if I actually keep this up.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

hey may i please join this club? i love writing and reading fanfics!
    The first banner was slightly over 46800 pixels, so your entire signature was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Anyways, to introduce, I joined the previous version.

I've been writing fan fiction for two-three years, starting in middle school, and am entering high school this year. I've really not done much, mostly because I'm getting stuck on one story, which I WILL get done (eventually). But it's Genesis, you've probably heard of it once at least, and I'm trying it again (again), for the final time. (Of course that's what I said last time.) It will actually end up a bit dark, because someone gets pregnant, someone else does too, and someone(s) get shot. It will be a trilogy, I think, though I might just leave it at a single volume with the dark ending... I don't really know.

So no link for that, but I've written a couple of one-shots (Ash's Tears, Jump being the most popular and well-written), which surprisingly are rather angst-ridden. Anyways, the links are in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I've got a brilliant idea for a fic that hasn't been done before: Goodbye, Mr Olympia! (Yes, the exclamation mark is part of the title). It's set in the '30's and Kanto and Johto are recently linked by the newly-built Entei Express, the world's fastest steam train. All nations (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre) are interlinked in some way by ferry and the Indigo League Tournament is now called the Pokemon League Olympiad, the Champion earning the title "Mr Olympia". Shortly after its opening however, a group of mercenaries called The Auteurs kidnap the architect and board the Entei Express, each with their own motivation for bumping off the current Mr Olympia.

I've been watching Metropoils (the anime version) and Blade Runner recently so it's going to be a steampunk world with jazz music on every corner, old-time newspapers and as you guessed, eccentric contraptions and a lot of steam. Also, it has a Grovyle named Shakespeare. This is a fic I'm feeling pretty confident about but schoolwork is pretty heavy so it might be a while before Goodbye, Mr Olympia! is actually posted.
    Hm... sounds interesting, The Doctor. If it's as well-written as your previous attempts, I know it'll be worth a read.

Usually by writing a draft (and usually posting it, which is a mistake) that doesn't amount to anything. However, more recently I've been outlining, though the outline is usually short term with a few lines of text about the ending... I don't really know if they ever amount to anything, as I never succeeded completely. A thing I struggle at, though, is characterization, so I also plot how the characters will be at certain points (like after every badge if its a standard 8-badger), or something.

It's been a couple of days... so... A new question.

What is your favorite genre of pokémon fan fiction and why?

Personally, I would have to say that my favorite genre is the journey fic, because there are endless possibilities. Also, while the idea of getting eight badges is prominent, as is winning the league, there are also a lot of sub plots / side plots possible (including the 'fight the evil team', which can be pulled off well, if you consider that to counterbalance a team like Rocket, you would have to have a whole organization, possibly under E4 management / advisement, to make sure they don't take over, and a journeyman/woman would likely have a small part to play. I think Dark Persian does a good example of this, in that her character isn't the only person who takes down the evil organization.) Characterization is my favorite thing in the journeyfic, as there are clear points on the journey where the character must change.

I also like that the range of skill levels required is endless. The most experienced author can ace a journey fic and get one of the best of fics out there, while a newbie author with no/little experience can also pull off a good work. (Of course, they are still often massacred by good and bad alike.)

What is your favorite genre of pokémon fan fiction and why?

Nice topic, by the way.

Hm... I'm not as much of a fan of journey fics, (haven't actually read one yet, so I'm more than a little biased. xD) but I'm sure they're fun. I'll have to try one some time. I don't actually know what I like to read at the moment, 'cause for one, I've been gone for a while and haven't read many, and two... My views on stories have drastically changed recently, and I haven't read enough pokemon fanfiction since then to get a general preference. On stories I liked before then... It was the darker fanfics that always stuck in my mind, and the ones that I followed for a while. I avoided the shipping section like the plague, (although I kinda regret that now - Romance isn't half as bad as I thought it would be, absolutely enthralling, to tell the truth. :3) and like I said, I never tried reading a journey fic - none really caught my eye. (Tried Saber's fic, couldn't get into it, really.) I've always liked fics from a Pokemon's point of view - One of the first fics I came across here was one of Zerodius's about a plusle (was that it? It's been a while) who couldn't die. (Was never actually alive in the first place, no heartbeat, was as cold as ice) It was incredibly interesting and I remember it quite well - It was cancelled, unfortunately a little while later but still - the first chapters were wonderful. I loved how the pokemon were portrayed, they had their own communities, customs, but they didn't live in houses. (That's one of my only problems with Pokemon Dungeon - I don't like the thought of them being miniature humans. Intelligent as them, yes. Able to read and pick up human utensils and the like, use machinery... Not so much. Just a personal preference, although I would be a hypocrite if I condemned them - I've read AND written them before, after all, and quite enjoyed doing so. I just prefer it the other way.)

So yeah. In summary, I like fics from a Pokemon's point of view that focuses on their culture and customs in their natural habitats. Very nice. :3
    Last edited by katiekitten; 30th September 2007 at 2:48 AM. Reason: >.< I really should proof read my posts a little more... Typos galore.

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

I'm rejoining.

My current, and only, work is an adventure/fantasy/suspense fic series called Pokémon Origins, which in retrospect, is a terrible title. The basic premise of the fic is that each of sixteen legendary Pokémon has a human guardian called a Chosen, appointed by Arceus to keep hunters of legendary Pokémon in check. Back when the fighting capabilities of Pokémon were first discovered, two military factions almost wiped out civilization. They would have succeeded in that had not the Beast Riders intervened. The series follows mostly Josh, Ace, and Aravan, three college students whose lives changed forever when they became Chosen by the legendary Beasts: Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Being Chosen does not mean you're effectively a trainer of the legendary Pokémon; you often fight alongside the legend. For instance, Josh wields an electrical sword. This trilogy is long but full of scary cliffhangers; it takes a little bit to get into it, but once you're to about chapter 4, you won't be able to put it down.

A while ago, MysticFlames and I collabbed for some art. This was what we got:

Aravan, Ace, and Josh...my three main characters.

Pokémon Origins
    Volume I: The Johto Saga
    Volume II: Return of the Beasts
    Volume III: THE WAR OF ARMAGEDDON

I'll answer the topics later...no more time now!
    Last edited by ~RaikouRider243~; 29th September 2007 at 11:41 PM.
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast