The Fan Fiction Club
Do you like reading Fan Fiction? Do you like writing Fan Fiction? Do you like reviewing Fan Fiction? Do you like Fan Fiction at all?
If your answer to any of the above questions is “hell yeah,” “you know it” or even just plain old “yes,” then the Fan Fiction Club is for you!
This club is meant for anybody who uses the Fan Fiction section here, and even for a few who don’t: if you have any interest at all in writing or reading Fan Fiction, even if you don’t write Pokémon Fan Fiction, even if you don’t have any written stories, even if you’ve never stepped foot inside SPPf’s sub-forum (but perhaps use others?), as long as you have the tiniest liking for writing, you are welcome with open arms! After all, literature is a core aspect to today’s society, and without it - well, let’s not get into how awful the world would be without it!
Here you can discuss just about anything concerning Fan Fiction, or just writing in general with other lovers of the art. Whether it’s plot-construction, writing styles, the usage of UU Pokémon or even things concerning the dreaded ‘R’ rating, feel free to start a conversation about it!
This is the third repost of the fan Fiction Club, the first being owned by Tale way back when until he handed it over to myself and Ledian_X, though now I’ve been left to hold the fort. The more recent thread was…old and outdated, and everything about it just needed revamping. So Ledian_X and I reworked some stuff, and now the club is doing swimmingly!
(that’s Rules and Regulations, not Read and Review)
1. Follow all forum rules, both the General Forum Rules as well as the Club Rules.
2. Respect everyone. This really goes without saying, but basically you just need to respect all other members; understand that we will be talking about things that everyone has a different opinion on, and you need to recognize that other people’s thoughts views may not be the same as your own. Do not discredit or knock down anyone else’s beliefs, and keep an open mind to new ideas. A close-minded writer doesn’t make for a good one.
3. Psychic owns the club, though no Co-Owner is currently being sought after, so please don’t ask. If a Co-Owner is wanted, it probably will not be said and I’ll just watch for anyone who I think might do well.
4. In regards to advertising and talking about your fic: in your first post you may link to any and all chapter fics, One-Shots, poetry and anything else you may have posted on SPPf. Whenever you post a new story for the first time, then you can provide a link to it, and it is asked that if you released a new chapter for your fic, you simply post saying ‘I updated my fic’ but do not link it. This is so that this thread doesn’t become a place to just post updates for your own fic and it allows newer fics to get known as well. Also, as always, please do not randomly advertize your fic.
5. Don’t post criticism for a specific fic here; this belongs in the fic thread itself. You can certainly mention or talk about fics here, just don’t start writing up a full-out review for one.
6. Every day a new topic may be posted to discuss, however try not to add a million topics. Members can still reply to old topics as much as they want, but if you have an idea for a topic but a bunch have already been posted for the day, please wait until tomorrow before posting it. To be fair, you can not post multiple topics in a row (unless nobody else is making topics).
7. At the bottom of this post the recent topics will be included; feel free to reply to them! Again, if you see that there’s already a lot of new topics for the day please just wait until there’s a day without a topic that has been posted.
8. Any important news and information will be put in the first post, so check it regularly to stay up-to-date.
9. While anybody can join, if you are seen constantly breaking the Fan Fiction Rules, then you will be banned from the club. And trust me, if someone is breaking the rules it will be known, so please be sure to follow the rules while in that section.
10. Have a good time. Yes, this is a rule: if you don’t have a good time, other members are allowed to pelt you with writing materials. :3
To Become a Member
If you like writing in any way, shape or form, all you have to do is ask. You do not need to own a fic or even to frequent the Fan Fiction section, however feel free to list and link to any fics you have posted on SPPf. If you like you can just talk a bit about yourself, your favourite genres, books, authors, whatever you want.
Soooo now that you know a bit more about this club, we do hope that you'll join us in the one and only club for the readers and writers of SPPf!
Pkmn Breeder Jack
Pink Parka Girl
Jean de Kotennoh.
Mystery Dragon Fang
Lord of Music
What kind of things do you usually write about? If it is something you like, what is it?
When writing something, do you feel like you have to force youself to describe things in detail? Does this happen often?
Could you imagine a movie based off of your fanfics?
The Fan Fiction Rules have been totally redone and revamped!
Do you think a brief, summarized version should be added? Post your thoughts!
Results for the Requiem Tragedy One-Shot should have been posted! Congratulations, everyone!