Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tears for Fears! (521)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I hope people picked up on Meowth's long-running desire to see the full moon. Its been brought up several seasons in the past that Meowth loves the full moon because it reminds him of the Meowsy days.
    Meh, I only remembered this part of his character during the commentary of the 4th movie when Maddie pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    This was the kind of episode that makes me enjoy DP.
    10/10 for this episode. I may record it when it repeats.
    If you want, I could e-mail it to you. It'll be in parts, but it's still something.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

2 comments on the dub:

why does meowth talk like an 80s rapper this season?

they didnt cut ash "bleeding" like i though they would

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

It was ok for the original. Felt the same for the dub. Neither version was really appealing in my eyes, but it was still a good filler.

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    It was ok for the original. Felt the same for the dub. Neither version was really appealing in my eyes, but it was still a good filler.

Is Character development really considered a filler? Since the only real filler-like thing about it was the Zangooses (as that's the only different Pokemon/Character that actually appeared in the episode) (though its not really that filler-like as the others considering it contributes to the actual development of Chimchar.)
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Why is it, nowadays, that much of the dialogue I hear on the show comprises of compliments towards a character? Seriously, much of the lines in this episode went something like, "Chimchar, that was awesome", "Chimchar, you're one lucky fire-type!", and "Chimchar, you're amazing". C'mon: 4Kids never put so much off-story dialogue into the characters' speech.
    And while I'm on it, why is there no scen in this where we see Jessie and James looking for Meowth, being just as worried as he is about finding them? They'd have had a scen like that pre-DP. So why the need for a plot hole like that one?!
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

A kids show having characters offer praise to a Pokemon who was basically feeling sad the whole episode.

Crazy, I know.

Another great episode which I had been expecting wishfully during the break.

How could I describe it best?
    You saw so many adult and profound scenes and aspects that I wasn´t able to find any reasons why not to enjoy it:
    -Meowth´s wise talk with Chimchar
    -Ash cheering up an encouraging Chimchar in his unique, awesome way (and that´s on explanation why Ash-Fans admire him so much!)
    -The highlight: Chimchar´s amazing and almost epic battle against three Zangoose and his final glorious victory!

Just again phantastic and marvelous!
    Last edited by ash_forever; 16th April 2008 at 1:13 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    How could I describe it best?
    You saw so many adult and profound scenes and aspects that I wasn´t able to find any reasons why not to enjoy it:
    It was a pretty cool episode and our monkey-friend really grew on me because of this episode ( and I liked it before the episode anyway, regardless to my monkey-hate...my damn vacation to afrika...), but you found MANY ADULT and PROFOUND scenes in this episode?

Sure, it was more serious than most other Pokémon episodes but it is far, FAR from being anything adult.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.
    No, I think he means "adult" as "serious", because, like me, he is german, and in german the word "adult" ( erwachsen) means "really serious" in this context.

It is still funny that he thinks that this episode is really deep and serious...okay, for pokémon standarts, but for anything else? please.

I was going to give it a postive rating, but when Ash said "believe in yourself," I give it a negative rating.

An episode that I really enjoyed, and yes, it did put a lot of stock in the complement dialogue, but in the end, it is a moralistic cartoon show, aimed at children (mainly). However, there was one thing that really let this down, in my books - the abysmal opening credits that will plague quite a few more episodes to come.
    Good to see further flashbacks of Paul's training - was that Graveler once his too?

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    No, I think he means "adult" as "serious", because, like me, he is german, and in german the word "adult" ( erwachsen) means "really serious" in this context.
    Apparently the joke flew over your head.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Apparently the joke flew over your head.
    I knew that you were joking, but I wanted to explain WHY he said "adult and profound".

It wasn´t any joke at all!

What I wrote was exactly meant to be understood the way I described it

Or let me say:
    "Quod scripsi, scripsi"
    ASH FOR THE WIN!

It wasn´t any joke at all!

What I wrote was exactly meant to be understood the way I described it

Or let me say:
    "Quod scripsi, scripsi"
    So, you wanted to say that this episode was really "adult and profound"?

Please, get a dictionary, ash_forever...

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    So, you wanted to say that this episode was really "adult and profound"?

Please, get a dictionary, ash_forever...
    My boy, will you please be so kind and follow this link:
    http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=de&lp=ende
    Seek for "adult" and "profound" and (surprise, suprise) you´ll discover that it means "reif und tiefgründig" in German. This is exactly what I wanted to point out for this amazing episode ( Who among both of us is pursuing teaching certification in English ? I think it isn´t you )

So please go over your own passages: At first glance I picked up at least three mistakes :P

---

sorry for offtopic! I hope everthing will be fine and understandable now
    ASH FOR THE WIN!

My boy, will you please be so kind and follow this link:
    http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=de&lp=ende
    Seek for "adult" and "profound" and (surprise, suprise) you´ll discover that it means "reif und tiefgründig" in German. This is exactly what I wanted to point out for this amazing episode ( Who among both of us is pursuing teaching certification in English ? I think it isn´t you )

So please go over your own passages: At first glance I picked up at least three mistakes :P

---

sorry for offtopic! I hope everthing will be fine and understandable now
    I´m aware of the meaning of those words. You missed my point.

Calling this episode "adult and profound" is an exaggeration of an exaggeration...

This episode just wasn´t adult...

btw, way to go to insult my english-skills and to shove your english teaching certification into my face. I bet this makes your argument more valid.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 26th April 2008 at 3:19 PM.

Tears for Fears was one of my Favorite Episodes I Liked Chimchar's Flash Back's of paul
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

This episode was one of the first times I almost cried since Kanto. I loved the emotion, the plot and the chracthers. Finally chimchar is in a Nice loving place that deserves. One of the best Diamond And pearl episodes
    And I came for fun..

At least they FINALLY put Team Rocket back in the credits this season after they were missing for seasons nine and ten. If they'd gone another season without Team Rocket in the credits, I would have stormed PUSA headquarters with torches. Just kidding... maybe.

Anyway, I finally watched this episode recently after missing it in its first run, and I enjoyed it a great deal. At least Chimchar works through its trauma over its time with Paul, and eventually starts warming up to the others. The scene where it cries in Ash's arms was touching. At least it roasted the zangoose too.

Overall, very enjoyable episode.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt; playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. I liked how Ash connected with Chimchar and Chimchar didnt know why everyone was so nice to him. Especially since Paul abused him.

I like to see the tears that he has as tears of bewilderment, not joy - its so much funnier...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

This episode was my first time actually seeing Zangoose in action, those things are soooo freaking mean, man. And has anyone notice how deep Buneary's voice is? Is that thing like an adult or something?
    Trainer Name: Nero

Friend Code: 2835 9911 0432

Yeah, Buneary is meant to have a really deep voice for a female in the PUSA version, it takes away from the possible Pikachu/Bunearyshipping that could go on....

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast