Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tears for Fears! (521)

It's not deep.

It was a great episode. Just aired here on YTV in Canada. I have to say loved everything about this episode. The emotion, Chimchar's crying, loved it.
    Last edited by Anime-Ash; 12th September 2008 at 6:46 PM.

It's not deep?!? She (didn't know it was a girl) sounds like a 38 year old man that's been smoking since he was 18. It's deeper thyan my voice and I'm 28.
    Trainer Name: Nero

Friend Code: 2835 9911 0432

an overall enjoyable episode.i ecspecially loved chimchars emotions.

The emotions did work well - great display

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

god this episode was emotional (sniff) felt so sorry for chimmy , loved the way everyone gave support. Sevipers so stubborn but lovable aswell

I enjoyed the episode and thought it was somewhat touching and very enjoyable. I think that the 'teaser' at the beginning was not very enticing but there wasn't anything terrible about the episode. Mind, there wasn't anything overly excellent about it either.
    7.9/10.

I liked how we got to see some stuff with Chimchar and Paul.(although, they weren't pleasant on Chimchar's part) There is a huge difference between Ash and Co. and Paul, so I could see Chimchar abit..moved by this. Well, Chimchar is happier with Ash and Co. then Paul.(duh)

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Love it! poor chimchar who's so affraid for the Zangoose's I'm glad he beat them up after all
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Origamigryphon View Post
    Chimchar finally realizes that Ash is everything Paul isn't, and is a happy monkey!

I haven't seen Ash take a hit that serious for a pokemon since Venusaur whapped him way back when Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve. Huzzah!
    wow and i just watched that episode yesterday.. but what about the time ash got hit by seviper's poison tail in the episode he met anabel?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.
    i found that joke funny
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    It's always nice to hear a nice speech from meowth in episodes. The whole Seviper/Zangoose thing was cool and Jessie actually showed care for one of her pokemon (it should happen more). And Chimchar was cute in this episode esp. when he/she is crying.
    I couldn't agree more!

The crying scene is probably one of the main reasons I love Chimchar so much now. I only wish I was the one cuddling it. I mean, who wouldn't feel for Chimchar at that point? Oh yeah... Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by theboar View Post
    Tears for Fears...

Hey, that's an artist from 80's!
    These guys rock and I love "Shout"
    Every time I hear that song I think of that crying scene, because "Shout, shout, let it all out" is pretty much what Chimchar does in that scene. It is that song and that scene that make the episode's name so perfect for it.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 14th October 2009 at 7:26 AM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Good episode. Chimchar was great. it was nice to see Chimchar beating Elekid in a fight.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    At least they FINALLY put Team Rocket back in the credits this season after they were missing for seasons nine and ten. If they'd gone another season without Team Rocket in the credits, I would have stormed PUSA headquarters with torches. Just kidding... maybe.

Anyway, I finally watched this episode recently after missing it in its first run, and I enjoyed it a great deal. At least Chimchar works through its trauma over its time with Paul, and eventually starts warming up to the others. The scene where it cries in Ash's arms was touching. At least it roasted the zangoose too.

Overall, very enjoyable episode.
    I am pretty certain that they were in S9, it's S10 they weren't in, pretty much the first time they never been in it either that or they cut it from the credits?

This episode was a bit emotional, I felt sorry for Chimchar and glad it got over it's fear.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really enjoyed this episode. Chimchar was confused about what was going on, but glad to see the little guy has settled in.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

More character development for ol' Chimchar? The writers really must like him haha. I thought this episode was good storywise, I just didn't think it had as much action as I was hoping for. Just typical character development.

It was nice to see all the Pokemon out of their PokeBalls so they could enjoy their lunch together. Seeing as Chimchar had to eat alone when it was with Paul, Chimchar was a bit confused about the whole unity in the group I guess. But it was cute to see Ash try to bond with it and teach it about their group.

Seeing the source of Chimchar's original distress (the Zangoose) made it all worth while. I didn't think Paul would have resorted to sure brute training methods in the first place. I'm glad overcame some of it's fears. 8/10

This was a nice episode. It's sad to see how Chimchar was so traumatized but I'm glad it's in Ash's care now and overcame it's fear of Zangoose.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    This was a nice episode. It's sad to see how Chimchar was so traumatized but I'm glad it's in Ash's care now and overcame it's fear of Zangoose.
    Exactly! Chimchar has a come a looong way being in Ash's care now. Even just the little bit, when he commanded it in the Hearthome Tag Battle episode.

One of my favourite Sinnoh episodes.

The Seviper vs Zangoose... nice. But the way Chimchar have got into the crew... that was really awesome. Chimchar has finnaly realized what is the sensation of not to be a slave.

5*

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Time to put in my...one...two...cents!

-Wow, the opening wasn't a rap. I love it. I don't want anymore rapping openings. And they actually had credits during the opening. That's a first. Thought I would say that.
    -It was probably mentioned already but Eterna Contest? Eterna Tag Team? WTF? Were we in that long of a break? I guess the dubbers forgot because you know nothing really essential. Fantina wasn't there and so Ash couldn't get his gym battle. Oh and Hearthome isn't anything special. Just give the name of contests to Eterna. Don't spit on my cupcake and call it icing.
    -Poor Chimchar indeed. Saw this episode in Japanese a couple of months ago and somehow I couldn't stand the English Chimchar voice compared to the other...when Chimchar cried...kind of made my ears bleed for the most part.
    -I know it was a tender moment between Ash and Chimchar, but I just couldn't help having a dirty thought race through my mind as Ash rubs Chimchar's butt.
    -Jessie showing actual compassion when Seviper was up against 3 Zangoose...Okay never mind. I thought I had something. I see they remembered that Zangoose and Seviper hate each other. But when Jessie kept trying to return Seviper...Made me try to think of Zig Zag Zangoose for a second. But forget about it...it's gone.
    -Paul saying Pa-the-tic! I hate him, but nice way of saying that.

Well that's all I wanted to cover.
    Yeah, they sure stayed on that part for a bit too long, didn't they? I was thinking, "Yikes! Awkward!

So, Chimchar is officially a member of Ash's team. Serves Paul right for treating his Pokemon with such disdain.

That's sweet how Meowth was actually being nice towards one of "The Twerps" Pokemon. You don't see that every day!

Awww, Chimchar crying was just so sweet and also a bit heartbreaking!
    *Gives Chimchar a hug*

Ya know, I think this was the first episode I saw when I first got back into Pokemon...
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Paul did the right thing to release Chimchar because it did not fit into his team..... But Chimchar will be a real powerhouse in Ash's team

This episode was ok... It was interesting to see Chimchar getting used to being treated nicely by Ash instead of horribly by Paul. It was cool to see Chimchar so emotional after being treated great for the 1st time ever. It was cool to see Chimchar finally get over its fear of Zangoose. More scenes displaying Seviper and Zangoose's hate for each other... It was interesting to see Chimchar's flashbacks of how it was being treated in its time with Paul.

50/100

Unhappy

Poor Chimchar,Paul Treated It Badly Just seeing that terrified face makes me cry

My Favorite Pokemon

The Journey To Become A Pokemon Master Is long.....

I loved tis episode. It was nice to see some character develpment in Chimchar. The flash backks were pretty sad. It was awsome to see Chimchar build up the courage to beat all of them Zangooses after Seviper failed at doing so. 9/10

This episode was a good way to begin Pokémon season 11:Battle Dimentions. This episode is one of my favorite Sinnoh saga episodes, episodes like this are the reason why I enjoy the Sinnoh series so much.
    Chimchar got good character development in this episode.
    All of the main group's Pokemon were out of their could enjoy their lunch together, but Chimcher was eating alone...because it had to eat alone when it was Paul's Pokémon. Chimchar was not used to eating with other Pokémon, so it was scared at first. But it was nice to see Ash bondin with Chimchar and tell it about their group's bond.

It's interesting that Chimchar was affraid of Zangoose.
    Chimchar crying on Ash's arms was a touching moment, but it would've been even better if Ash's dub voice in this episode was same as his BW dub voice....he sounded kinda rough in this episode.
    I'm glad Chimchar finally got over his fear, this episode shows that Chimchar is better off with Ash instead of Paul.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 13th September 2013 at 6:24 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456