Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Once There Were GreenFields (522)

Yeah, it was really sad. I guess I never actually thought about Cacnea leaving. I got a bit sad when I saw the little twinkle in Cacnea's eyes. James and Cacnea were really close. So, perhaps you can assume that Seviper might go before Dustox.
    I just liked this part.
    ^That was the part that was a bit touching. =[
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    Yeah, it was really sad. I guess I never actually thought about Cacnea leaving. I got a bit sad when I saw the little twinkle in Cacnea's eyes. James and Cacnea were really close. So, perhaps you can assume that Seviper might go before Dustox.
    I just liked this part.
    ^That was the part that was a bit touching. =[
    I think the problem was that Cacnea already had a substitute, Carnivine. Jessie has no substitute for Seviper and it seems that her signature pokemons are snakes. I see Dustox leaving but not Seviper.

Quote Originally Posted by battlemaster123 View Post
    what did neddle arm have to do with drain punch
    They're both performed in nearly the same way, or something like that.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

As sad as it is to see a Pokemon leave the group permanently, the episodes that feature farewells happen to be among the best. When this show attempts raw emotion instead of sappy stuff, it generally pulls it off quite effectively, and this episode was no exception. It didn't grip me nearly as much as Chimecho's farewell, probably because that one focused more on James defending his honor and home and Chime was quite literally on the verge of death. That and the animation in that episode was infinitely better and not completely motionless. Still some good stuff nonetheless, and I'll be sad to see the prickly cuddler go. At least it got the traditional flashback montage with appropriate music.

And for the record, I'd actually never even heard of Drain Punch until this episode.

Also, I refuse to believe that this Turtwig that got beaten by bloody Pachirisu is the same Turtwig that turned Muku.BIRD into Muku.JOHNDEERE.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what was said. Even though we all knew Cacnea was likely to leave at some point as soon as Carnivine showed up, its still sad to see it go.

Team Rocket had some really good Pokemon in AG, so it was hard to see Chimecho and Cacnea go. I wonder if Dustox will even get an emotional goodbye ep? Maybe not, since nobody seems to care about it as much though.

Seviper better not be released though, Jessie better damn well keep her snake. I'd actually consider throwing a pissy fit if Seviper leaves at some point.

I have three theories arranged from most likely to least likely.

1) We never see the poor thing again
    2) On the way to Canalave we see Gardenia with it (possibly as a Cacturne) and see how strong it has become.
    3) James eventually gets it back and then leaves it at one of his homes before Generation 5.

I can't wait to see this in English, best goodbye episode so far. I was hoping Cacnea would stay though. Now we can countdown to Dustox's departure.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Chimecho's goodbye didn't touch me as much for some reason. Probably because it wasnt as long nearly as long, and I just didnt like it as much. Cacnea was around the instant Arbok and Weezing left, a pretty damn long time.

Dustox may not be anything special, but it deserves a worthy farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Also, I refuse to believe that this Turtwig that got beaten by bloody Pachirisu is the same Turtwig that turned Muku.BIRD into Muku.JOHNDEERE.
    I thought the only reason it lost was because Gardenia was distracted.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

And for the record, I'd actually never even heard of Drain Punch until this episode.
    What, really? That's the TM you get for beating Maylene! It's a Fighting version of Giga Drain.

Seviper better not be released though, Jessie better damn well keep her snake. I'd actually consider throwing a pissy fit if Seviper leaves at some point.
    QFT. I like Seviper, such a shame it's never realized its true potential as an attacker to this point(No, I can't get why it can get Flamethower yet doesn't learn Fire Blast either. But I've always been one for high accuracy and PP...).
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 19th November 2007 at 3:05 AM.

I really liked Cacnea being on Team Rocket, but I'm happy to see it leave and go to a good trainer. I hope James will be getting a new Pokemon in the near future..

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    I really liked Cacnea being on Team Rocket, but I'm happy to see it leave and go to a good trainer. I hope James will be getting a new Pokemon in the near future..
    Forget James getting a new pokemon, when are we going to see Jessie's new team member!?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

It's about time James got rid of Cacnea! Carnivine just seems to have replaced him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I have three theories arranged from most likely to least likely.

1) We never see the poor thing again
    2) On the way to Canalave we see Gardenia with it (possibly as a Cacturne) and see how strong it has become.
    3) James eventually gets it back and then leaves it at one of his homes before Generation 5.

I can't wait to see this in English, best goodbye episode so far. I was hoping Cacnea would stay though. Now we can countdown to Dustox's departure.
    Yeah, we're going to see it again. Just like we've seen Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Arbok, and Weezing.

And I was thinking first Jessie has to capture another one before Dustox is released.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th February 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

this episode wasnt that sad..but it was funny when James took off crying at the end lol

I'm so sad Cacnea leaft, despite my last post. I can't wait to see this EP when it airs in the U.S. and Cacnea was my favorite Team Rocket member, next to Dustox wh has now left as well. I guess Seviper will have to be my new favorite....

At least James released Cacnea to train with Gardenia while it learned Drain Punch.

If you have heard of its new dub title, then it's called Once There Were Greenfields!.

I know, it sounds like a old granny telling about the fields, lol, but still, like the title.

Meh. I would have put the name " Cacnea ", if I was the title maker. D< Right now, it looks awful.

THE END.

Darn!
    I can't believe cacnea's going ot leave gardenia...
    First Weezing, then Chimecho, ANd now Cacnea?
    I wonder if James Is going to get a new grass pokemon soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Treekochu View Post
    Darn!
    I can't believe cacnea's going ot leave gardenia...
    First Weezing, then Chimecho, ANd now Cacnea?
    I wonder if James Is going to get a new grass pokemon soon.
    Well, the reason they got rid of Cacnea was because of Carnivine. So, Carnivine is basically his new grass Pokemon.
    Under Construction

This episode was good. It was hilarious when Gardenia went all giddy over Cacnea as well as all the kids taunting James. It was cool to see a Drain Punch. It was funny when Dawn made the comment about Team Rocket doing the right thing for once. It was very saddening when James parted with Cacnea.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Well, PUSA kept the Make A Wish instrumental, cudos to them. Otherwise that scene would have been a complete disaster.

Also some really hot voice acting from the one who's acting as James.

Oh, that was so sad! James didn't really want to leave Cacnea. They should have had Cacnea 'hug' James one last time before he gave him to Gardenia. Ash surprised me, too, he was so quick to say "ok, lets help team rocket" he didnt even give it a second thought. It was kinda weird how Ash & co and TR acted like they were just best friends in this ep. Plus, the kids taunting James "old man" was funny.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I hope James gets Cacnea back later or maybe even as a Cacturne, but he will most likely replace it. ;_;

My Myspace | I am a furry, communist, and chauvinist and proud of it.

A great episode, truly touching. Goodbye Cacnea.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast