Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Once There Were GreenFields (522)

LOL, James being called an old man. It's a bit sad Cacnea is now gone in the anime.

It could be because I'm not used to it but I'm surprised James said "Cigar"
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I am getting rather upset at how often James seems to give up his Pokemon and get nothing in return. Is he trying to be Ash, or what?

Oh well. Another truly enjoyable episode, minus the leaving of Cacnea, my favorite James Pokemon of all. More Gardenia is always a plus, and we can always hope for more Gardenia in the future, when James gets back a super-strong Cacnea.

*dreams big*

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I dunno if anyone else noticed it, but during the tag battle in the beginning PUSA used 2 new BGM's - too bad they were worse than their previous bgm's...

for gods sake PUSA stop replacing the music with your bullsh!t songs.

Edit: And also during the last aipom vs cacnea battle.. again some new crap bgm, and I only counted 6 kept pieces. DISASTER
    Last edited by Durden; 19th April 2008 at 10:27 PM.

I'm probably alone in this, but James (or his voice) ruined this episode for me. He sounded like the old man that the kids were calling him.

I gave the VA the benefit of the doubt in "Sweet Baby James" because he was still the new VA, but he's had more than enough time to get the voice down.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

One of my fav episodes. I love episodes where Ash/TR work together there always fun episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I'm probably alone in this, but James (or his voice) ruined this episode for me. He sounded like the old man that the kids were calling him.

I gave the VA the benefit of the doubt in "Sweet Baby James" because he was still the new VA, but he's had more than enough time to get the voice down.
    I would suggest he *has* gotten the voice down, but you seem to not want to accept that it's not the same as it was. Perhaps there's a reason for this.

I love the fact that the dub kept the "Jirachi Wishmaker" theme during the scene where James gave Cacnea to Gardenia.

Why couldn't they keep that piece when May/Max left on the boat at the end of Battle Frontier? That music is excellent and fits "goodbye scenes" really well. At least they kept it this time.

I'm also really hoping Dawn's theme is kept everytime it plays in the Japanese version, its another one that fits the mood of everything Dawn does practically. I believe Dawn's theme plays during her next Contest so hopefully its kept there like it was last time.

This epeisode got to me,... it mad me sad when he left chimecho behind..but james would see it again someday... who knows if he'll see cacnea again.. it was sad.. I didn't cry,.. but it got me good.. especially when he looked to his pokeball and it showed cacnea shouting it's name... damn that was sad.. poor cacnea loved James...always hugging him...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    I would suggest he *has* gotten the voice down, but you seem to not want to accept that it's not the same as it was. Perhaps there's a reason for this.
    The reason is I really do not like James' VA.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

in this episode james showed he had potential at training his pokemon. i wish TR would train their pokemon sometime other than before they leave. during ashs gym battles they should train to learn new attacks or something

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I am getting rather upset at how often James seems to give up his Pokemon and get nothing in return. Is he trying to be Ash, or what?

Oh well. Another truly enjoyable episode, minus the leaving of Cacnea, my favorite James Pokemon of all. More Gardenia is always a plus, and we can always hope for more Gardenia in the future, when James gets back a super-strong Cacnea.

*dreams big*
    Weezing -----> Cacnea

Chimecho -----> Mime Jr.

Cacnea ---------> Carnivine

and for Jessie

Lickitung -----> Woubbuffet

Arbok ----------> Serviper

Dustox -----------> ??????

What about Victreebel? lol anyway I liked this episode but it was so sad I'll miss Cacnea so much.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Yeah, it was sad to see Cacnea leave, but at least they gave him a decent send-off. He followed the Arbok/Weezing road, rather than the Lickitung/Victreebel road.

It's funny though. The one DP episode focused on Cacnea is the one where he leaves. But it was still an excellent episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Oh wow.

-James being called an old man was purely hilarious.
    -Gardenia was still her funny, spazzy self and that's what I love to see in a character and surprisingly enough, even a gym leader.
    -Boy that goodbye was just very sad. And it was even more dramatic than when he let Chimecho go...And I can't help but say that the song Burn by Usher played in my head throughout the episode...*idea* I'll go on with it!

I think that's all I want to say on the episode. Good in English, good in Japanese.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Yeah it was quite sad James letting Cacnea go...
    but old man James was hilarious.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

James was called old man. LoL. With a little more training Cacnea could of evolved.....

lol james being called old man was funny. Cacnea leaving was quite sad however *sniff*. I liked the Ash/Dawn vs James/Gardenia battle though and it was good to see Gardenia back i like her little quirky momemts ^_^. Overall a good episode but looking forward to the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by pikagirl View Post
    What about Victreebel? lol anyway I liked this episode but it was so sad I'll miss Cacnea so much.
    lol ok

Victreebel (Magikarp salesman throws it away after it bit him and goes off with the newly evolved Victreebel he traded with james) ------> Weepinbell (evolves into Victreebel bites Jessie and she kicks it away and then leaves with James original Victreebel)

I'm still irked by how easily Gardenia's Turtwig went down, and how they missed out on a perfect opportunity to introduce Cherrim.
    But that goodbye was really well done. The acting was top-notch too.

It was a great episode, and a good goodbye episode, but I hate when they decide to leave them and yell at them to not follow them.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It was a great episode, and a good goodbye episode, but I hate when they decide to leave them and yell at them to not follow them.

It's tough love, the only way for them to leave is if they are "Heart-Broken" in a sense. Sometimes yelling at them is the only way for them to get away.

I know it sucks but sometime the Pokemon love their trainers too much.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It's still the stupidest way of making them leave.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

What an awesome episode again!

Plots with James being the main character always have a big share of emotional profoundness.
    But also realize this special constellation we were witnessing:
    Altough Ash and his friends had already worked together with Team Rocket in the past, there has never been an episode so far where they treated each other that respectfully and almost "friendly", not to mentioned there has never been one where Ash actually assisted Jessie , James or Meowth with doing training to improve.

All I can say is that it was an unique and exciting new storyline, a pure pleasure to watch!

The second oustanding aspect of this episode was the marvelous, magnificent music! It fitted so well and underlined this episode´s emotional mood very well!
    Producers, thanks a lot for composing this awesome piece of music!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was so sad I teared up a little. Poor james I thought he was gonna keep it in the end but he didn't. It shows me he's not all evil he always has his moments where hes so nice and caring.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast