Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Contest Pokemon

Altaria. Painted for both coolness and beauty. Trying for cute with her too. I'm already beat ultra. Wish us luck!
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Vespiquen is the best..!!

Milotic was BEAUTYful lol

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

groudon for tough contest,blaziken for beauty contest,raichu for cool contest,kirlia for smart contest,and skitty for cute contest.they all won in master rank

I'll have to say Milotic, for beauty contests.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

My combusken.
    Double kick, then areal ace.
    Currently playing: Pokemon Ruby Team! (Broken internal battery :C)

Most recent shiny-

I use Milotic for Beauty Contests.And sometimes Gardevoir,with Safeguard.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

When I got a Feebas I evolved it then used it in Beauty Contests

Beauifly of course ;p
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Shuppet is one of the best with Curse+Dbond combo. You can also use Curse+Spite. Sadly, DBond is an Egg move. I'd use:

Suppet
    -Curse
    -Destiny Bond
    -Spite
    -Faint Attack

It is really good and can even win all the contests (:

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

My Swellow is a beast in cool contests. Fed her a couple of pokeblocks so she would perform first, then use aerial ace because you get extra for going first. Then use quick attack so you can go first again.

These pokemon may not be the best, the may not be the strongest, they may not be singled out for their strategic edge.
    But they are special, they're just a few of my favourites who have served me well

My Milotic won both Master in Beauty and in Smartness. I used Xatu for Smartness too, Delcatty for cuteness (it is the only thing the thing is good for), loads of different pokémon got Master won at Coolness for me, amongst Salamence, Sceptile, Manectric, Skarmory, Swellow, Pikachu, and Metagross, and I used Machoke for Toughness.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Magmar with maxed out beauty sunny day, fire blast, flamethrower, fire punch got me the master beauty ribbon

Milotic for beauty definitely.She won every beauty contest in the game. Though it is extremely difficult to find one
    The marriage between Princess Peach from the Mario world and Cractus from the Wario world will begin

3DS FC: 2552-0845-5282
    Feel free to add me ^_^

ninetails wins the beauty contest evertime i reset my game. that or milotic, both are the best in my opinion

i use my flareon to beauty and cool conquest
    cool - master rank
    beauty - master rank
    cute - super rank
    smart - super rank
    tough - normal rank
    Hello im frenky
    favourite games : Emerald , Fire red
    favourite pokemon : ALL
    i play pokemon games on PSP (psp GBA emulator) and im fan of anime, sorry for my bad english

Unfortunately I didn't find a good and full guide with best pokemon to win all the contests. So, after some hard time, I managed to make a good team and won all 5 master rank contests and got all 5 paintings in the museum. All these pokemon are easy-to-obtain in pokemon ruby. All the pokemon had maxed out appropriate condition (cool for cool contest, beauty for beauty contest etc) and were holding appropriate scarf (red for cool contest, blue for beauty contest etc).

1) Cool Contest.
    Pokemon: Zangoose
    Moves: Double Team, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, <ANYTHING>
    Strategy: Make Combo with Double Team + Quick Attack. After that, Zangoose's turn will be first in the 3rd round (Quick Attack effect). So, use Aerial Ace (it is most powerful, when used on the 1st turn). For the 4th and 5th turn you can repeat Double Team + Quick Attack combo, or Quick Attack + Aerial Ace.

2) Beauty Contest.
    Pokemon: Solrock.
    Moves: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Explosion, <ANYTHING>
    Strategy: Use Sunny Day + Flamethrower combo twice and on the 5th turn use Explosion (it gives you a lot of hearts, but after that you can not appeal at all, thats why Explosion is the best move for the last round).

3) Cute Contest.
    Pokemon: Barboach (or Whiscash).
    Moves: Mud Sport, Water Sport, Rest, Snore.
    Strategy: Just use Mud Sport + Water Sport combo, OR Rest + Snore Combo. Thats not a hard contest category, so there should not be any problems.

4) Smart Contest.
    Pokemon: Weezing.
    Moves: Smog, Smokescreen, Destiny Bond, Poison Gas
    Strategy: Use Smog + Smokescreen combo twice, and on the 5th round use Destiny Bond (it is similar to Explosion - it gives you a lot of hearts, but after that you can not appeal at all). This is hard contest category, that's why you might find useful Poison Gas move - use it if enemy pokemon got a lot of appeal points.

5) Tough Contest.
    Pokemon: Pelipper.
    Moves: Stockpile, Spit Up, Rain Dance, Thief.
    Strategy: I think that it is the hardest contest category, thats why strategy might differ. Use Thief move if your turn is last - there is a high chance that enemy pokemon get a lot of hearts and you just simply steal them. Use Rain Dance if crowd is excited - the more it is excited, the more hearts you'll get. On other occasions use Stockpile + Spit Up combo.

I'm a giant Milotic fan, and enjoy using it in Contests. Rain Dance and Hydro Pump provide a good combo for Beauty contests, attach a Blue Scarf to your Milotic as well. In the last turn, something like Hyper Beam could bring in some points in the last turn.

I am sure Milotic is good for beauty contest.
    ~Newly Created Pokemon Forums~
    http://forums.rentoray.com

Barboach is the best choice for Cuteness for their move combo!
    I use Flygon for Smart, Swampert for Beauty (most water types work quite well for Beauty, actually), Blaziken for Cool, and Pelipper for Tough. Though their standards aren't as good as Barboach. >:
    hueh I'm not as active anymore.

Maximum Secret Meadow fun is making bases there with your friends.

I just posted a bump on this thread

I find all are great for all contests. They just need to have the rift taste, and right moves.

I remember late in the game, I coughs some designated contest Pokemon, and I my battling Pokemon ft the specifications I would use them also. I had a real good system down.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

milotic for beauty contest ,gyarados for cool contest. Both reach master rank and won.

Actually, I never created a specific team for contests, but I participated in some with one Pokémon of my past Diamond team.
    Chimecho, who had the moves Extrasensory [Cool], Psychic [Smart], Shadow Ball [Smart] and Energy Ball [Beauty], was doing very well in Contests. This is what my Chimecho was awarded in this past game...

Beauty Contests: Normal Beauty Ribbon, Great Beauty Ribbon, Ultra Beauty Ribbon.
    Smart Contests: Normal Smart Ribbon, Great Smart Ribbon.
    Cool Contests: Normal Cool Ribbon, Great Cool Ribbon, Ultra Cool Ribbon.
    Cute Contests: Normal Cute Ribbon, Great Cute Ribbon.
    Tough Contests: Normal Tough Ribbon, Great Tough Ribbon.

I know for sure I got the Ultra Cool Ribbon, though I'm not sure if I got a second Ultra Ribbon in Beauty or Tough contests. I know I made it to Master Rank in two categories, so... 12 ribbons on a Chimecho that didn't have any specialization, and to which I never gave a single Poffin before. I think it's not too bad!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Gyarados is the best contest Pokemon. Well, I mostly play Cool Contests.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast