Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's rising sun (rated pg15)

Default Dawn's rising sun (rated pg15)

Hey! I'm posting my first ever fan fiction story! I really hope that you all enjoy it. I'm rating this story pg15, because later on, there will be some violence and ya...

Here is a pic that I made for the story, it is a half spoiler, half poster lol. cutedrew667 helped me put this on thanks Sammy ^^ yes I'm sure you're all wondering what this pic means, but in time, you'll find out (I just like to leave people guessing lol)

In this story, Dawn sets off on a journey in Kanto, where she meets Kengo. (he doesn't show up in the first chapter) In parts of this story, I'll be going to two different scenes, Dawn, and May and Drew. If you have any questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them. Please enjoy, and please rate and comment! Thanks!

The shippings in the story: penguinshipping, contestshipping, ikarishipping and others...

~littledreamindawn

Chapter one

It was early morning, barely 7:00 AM. A young girl, only 15 years old, stirred in her sleep. A small penguin, curled up in her arms, blinked its sleepy eyes.

Standing up, it hopped out of bed, and then hopped up onto its trainer.

Leaning in close to her face, it closed its eyes and cried, “Piplup!”

“Ahhhh!” the girl screamed, and toppled out of bed, landing on the ground with a large thud. Pulling the blanket away from her face, she looked up at her piplup with fury in her eyes. “What was that for!?” She yelled, her cheeks turning red.

Piplup, who was still on the bed, jumped up and down with excitement shouting, “Piplup, piplup!”

Putting a strand of hair behind her ear, Dawn stood up, putting the blanket on top of Piplup. Piplup peeped as it ran around, until it found its way out from the blanket. It looked at Dawn, seeming to be annoyed with her.

“Now we’re even,” she said simply, and Piplup peeped.

Dawn stretched and walked over to her dresser, and quickly got dressed. After smoothing out her pink skirt, she turned, picking up her brush and stood in front of her dresser mirror, running it through her hair. She decided to leave her clips out, and left her hat sitting on her dresser. Piplup watched as she walked over to her side table, and released her other pokemon. Pachirisu and Buneary looked up at Dawn and smiled. Pachirisu started running around in circles and singing. “Pachi pachi chu chu su su pachi pachi chu chu su su pachi pachi.”

Dawn shook her head and smiled, “Same old Pachirisu.” She looked down at Buneary, who was rubbing her eyes with her paws, yawning. Dawn pet her, then she took another look at herself in the mirror, running a brush though her hair again. “It has to be perfect!” She exclaimed as she saw the quizzical looks her pokemon were giving her. Even Pachirisu had stopped its dancing to stare at its trainer.

Dawn finally finished with her hair, put on her hat, and spun around. (She decided that she was going to wear it) “What do you think?” She asked, smiling.
    Pachirisu smiled, and blue sparks started to come from its cheeks.

“Shoot,” Dawn muttered, “Please Pachirisu, don’t ---“

“Pachi!”

“YA!!!!!!”

Buneary and Piplup ran for cover, and then watched as Dawn toppled over, her hair now a mess. Pachirisu jumped on her Dawn’s back, and started dancing and singing again.

“Pachi pachi pachi pachi chu chu pachi pachi.”

Dawn made a face, obviously annoyed, and then stood up, sending Pachirisu to jump off her back, only to hop right onto her shoulder. Dawn closed her eyes and sighed.

She picked up the little squirrel pokemon, then set it down. Afterwards, she brushed her hair for the third time that morning. Once she had put in her clips and put on her hat, she smiled at herself, happy with the way her hair now looked.

Then, she turned and walked to the living room, turning on the TV as she prepared some toast and coffee. The screen showed two trainers on a large outdoor battlefield, and a voice on the TV spoke, “Last week’s Grand Festival in Johto was filled with tears and cheers as the top trainers battled it out!” Dawn took her toast and coffee, sitting down on the couch, munching on her toast as she watched the screen.

“In this year’s semifinals, trainers Drew and May had one of the most intense battles, so let’s have a look.” The screen then started to show the battle, the battle between May and Drew……

~Johto Grand Festival~

“Blaziken, use blaze kick!”

“Absol, dodge it and use iron tail!”

Before May knew it, Blaziken had taken a hard hit. She couldn’t believe that they were in the same situation as the last Grand Festival. (*Note: At the last Grand Festival in Kanto, Drew and May battled with Absol and Combuskin.)

“Blaziken, please get up!” May pleaded.

Drew laughed and flicked his emerald hair. “It’s all over now May, one more hit and your Blaziken is finished; Absol, use quick attack!”

Absol started to run at an incredible speed toward Blaziken. Blaziken looked up. “Overheat!” May cried. Blaziken jumped up and sent a powerful overheat, knocking down Absol. “Awesome!” May shouted, punching the air as the crowd cheered.

Dawn took a sip of coffee. Her pokemon ran into the room. They had obviously heard the TV going, and had wanted to see what was going on.

“Absol, get up!!” Drew shouted.

As Absol got up, Drew shouted once more, “Use razor wind!”

Absol shot a powerful light that Blaziken easily dodged. Vivian, the announcer, suddenly shouted above the roar of the crowd, “Only 30 seconds left!”

May looked at the points, panic in her eyes. Drew was in the lead! “Shoot, what am I going to do now?!” She thought. If she tried to knockout Absol, Drew could easily strike back, just like he did with his roselia and flygon at the first Grand Festival that May had entered. But she was running out of time! Quickly, May thought of something. “Blaziken, quick attack into overheat!”

“Absol, use water pulse!”

Time seemed to stop. Dawn stopped with a piece of toast halfway to her mouth, and her pokemon looked up at her. (Pachirisu laughed.)

Blaziken was going right towards Absol, and Absol launched a powerful water pulse. But, using the quick attack, Blaziken dodged and hit Absol with overheat.

“Ten seconds!” Vivian cried. The score was now almost tied.

“Water pulse again into razor wind!”

“What!?” May cried, “How could he strike back so easily after Absol had been knocked down like that?!” May panicked. The clock was ticking. “Dodge it!”

But it was too late. Even with Blaziken’s speed, the attacks hit, knocking out May’s pokemon just before time ran out.

“It looks like it’s over for May and her team,” Vivian cried, “Drew’s the winner! He and his team will be moving onto the final round!” And, Drew’s picture, along with a picture of his absol and roselia, showed up on the screen. Even though Drew used his powerful rose pokemon, May had managed to knockout the rose with eevee’s shadow ball, but Roselia had also launched a powerful solarbeam, so eevee was also knocked out in the blast created by the two attacks colliding.

May stared at the screen in shock, and then ran up to her fallen Blaziken, tears in her eyes. “I’m so sorry,” she cried, tears running down her face. Blaziken looked up at her, with loving eyes.

The pokemon seemed to be saying, “It’s ok.”

May stared at her pokemon lovingly, and then returned it to its pokeball.

Staring at it, May couldn’t hear the cheers all around, and the crowd cried out, “Drew, we love you!” Instead, she just sat in the middle of the stage, a single tear falling on Blaziken’s pokeball.

She stood up, and walked over to Drew. Tear strained, she held out her hand.

“G-great battle, Drew,” she managed.

Drew smiled sadly when he saw her tears. “Ya.” Then he shook her outstretched arm.

“Now, let’s get started with the next battle; Drew vs. Soledad!” Vivian cried.

May smiled through her tears. “Good luck,” she said, and whipped away her tears, walking off the stage.

“I can see why they replayed that battle,” Dawn said, sipping her coffee. (The actual battle had happened earlier, on the TV that Dawn was watching, it was just a replay) Next, the battle between Drew and Soledad was shown.

“Absol, quick attack into thunderbolt!” Drew cried.

“Dodge it and use hydro pump!” Soledad cried. Soledad’s Lapras jumped up and shot a powerful hydro pump attack, but Absol’s thunderbolt went right through the hydro pump, and knocked out Lapras.

“We have our new champion!” Vivian announced into her microphone, and Drew, usually stubborn and laid back, smiled and hugged his Absol as it ran up to him.

~May~

May stared at the screen, eyes wide. Drew won! As Drew received the Ribbon Cup, May ran out and congratulated him.

“Great job!” She said above the cheers. Drew smiled, but was soon surrounded by all of his fans, pushing May away.

“Ah!” May toppled onto the ground and sighed. She stood up, brushing off her skirt as crazed Drew fans asked for an autograph surrounded him.

As May walked away, Drew tried desperately to get out of the crowds. “May!” He shouted, but she didn’t hear him. “Thank you,” He whispered.

“We’ll see you all at the party tonight, celebrating this year’s Grand Festival winner!” Vivian yelled. Drew stared, continuing to watch the door that May had gone through.

May walked toward the party, but she couldn’t stop thinking about the battle. About Drew. She tried to push the thoughts away, but they continued to come back. “No, NO!” May screamed, and she ran, crying once again, and running outside. She closed her eyes and ran as fast as she could, until she tripped, falling and scrapping both of her knees, and her elbow. She stood up and walked over to a tree, leaning against it and sliding down its trunk, until she was sitting at its base. She stared up at the sky, and the bright full moon. “It’s so beautiful out,” she whispered, as her eyes filled with more tears. (Yes, she’s emotional)

Suddenly, a shadow fell over May. It was Drew. May looked up. She felt terrible. Drew should be celebrating his victory, not looking for her.

“D-Drew,” May stammered, “Wha-what are you doing here?”

Drew just stared at her, his expression blank. May stood up.

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I’m really happy that you won, I just feel so terrible. I failed and let down my pokemon. I know that I’m overreacting, but, I’m sorry Drew.”

Drew reached out and wiped a tear from May’s face. “I saw you run out,” he explained, “and I followed you. I was very worried about you May.” His voice dropped to a whisper. “I really care about you.”

May’s eyes widened and Drew reached for her, enveloping her in a hug. May stood there, and closed her eyes happily. After what seemed like forever, they parted, and May hugged him again, laughing. “I care about you too, Drew! And thank you for everything!”

~Dawn~ (big scene change lol)

Dawn stared at the TV screen for a second, then picked up the remote and turned it off. She ate the last piece of toast, and then finished her coffee. She stood up. “Those were amazing battles, don’t you think?” All of her pokemon cried out happily at the same time. Dawn smiled, putting her dishes away, and then walked out onto her porch. Clouds were forming overhead; it looked like it’d rain soon. After Dawn herself had received 8th at the Sinnoh Grand Festival, she had planned on traveling again with her pokemon. IN fact, she had been planning on leaving very soon. Dawn reached into her pocket and took out an old ribbon. It was her mother’s ribbon. She had given Dawn the ribbon right before she had left on her first journey. Dawn’s eyes started to tear up, so she whipped them off and put the ribbon away. She would be leaving today. She went into her room to make sure she had everything, and then returned her pokemon. “Ah! Where’s Buizel?!” She screamed, suddenly realizing that she didn’t have her otter with her.

She stepped back outside and looked around. “Now, where the heck is Buizel?!” she muttered to herself. She walked back inside and went into her room. Buizel was curled up on her bed, sleeping. “Right when I leave, you hop right onto the bed, “Dawn said, shaking her head. She took out a pokeball. “Return.” Buizel looked up sleepily, as it went into its pokeball. “Thank goodness,” Dawn sighed.

She looked around her room one last time to make sure that she had everything, and then went to her mother’s room. She was brushing her hair, and turned when she saw her daughter enter the room.

“Hi hun,” she said, smiling.

“Hi mom.”

“Are you leaving now?”

Dawn looked at her mother and smiled sadly. “Ya.”

Her mother walked up to her and gave her a huge hug. “Good luck in Kanto sweetheart.”

“I will,” Dawn said.

Her mother followed her out the door, and Dawn got on her bike. (Yes, she got a new one!) Then, she waved to her mother. “Bye!”

“Bye hunny, be careful by yourself now!”

“Don’t worry!” Dawn reassured her mom, and she was off.

Little did she know what was in store for her.

that's the end of chapter one please tell me what you think ^^
    Last edited by littledreamindawn; 3rd July 2007 at 6:15 AM. Reason: adding something on and double spacing chapter

Quote Originally Posted by littledreamindawn View Post
    crowds. “May!” He shouted, but she didn’t hear him. “Thank you,” He whispered.
    Aww! *squee* that was my fave line. the way he whispered thank you I could imagine that =3.

I loved the whole chapter, but naturally my fave part was the May/Drew-ness lol. This is gonna be great the way there are obviously going to be twists, with evil Paul. Great job hun!

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

So is this a DawmXKengo shipping story? I like that shipping

Well your paragraphing needs a little work. Space out each paragraph. Your grammar is good, and I saw no spelling mistakes.

Also, how and why did Dawn go to Kanto? You need to tell us so we won't be confused. But this story has potential (I say that to everyone), so I'll be back for the next chapter

PS: Loved the Contestshippy part

I really like this story so far. I like how you played contestshipping into it in a creative sort of way. I was also suprised at first since it wasn't in your banner. =] The only negative comment I would have would be that a lot is kinda happening really fast. Other than that, and to double space, it sounds great. Oh, and if you decided to have a PM list, please add me. Thanks.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

Quote Originally Posted by penngrade6 View Post
    So is this a DawmXKengo shipping story? I like that shipping

Well your paragraphing needs a little work. Space out each paragraph. Your grammar is good, and I saw no spelling mistakes.

Also, how and why did Dawn go to Kanto? You need to tell us so we won't be confused. But this story has potential (I say that to everyone), so I'll be back for the next chapter

PS: Loved the Contestshippy part
    lol well she had to go somewhere...she's going to Kanto to get ribbons and well win the grand festival because she didn't win in Sinnoh. I'll work on the paragraphs. This is my first fanfic lol ^^ kengoxdawn ya it is I love the couple

Quote Originally Posted by CuteDrew667 View Post
    Aww! *squee* that was my fave line. the way he whispered thank you I could imagine that =3.

I loved the whole chapter, but naturally my fave part was the May/Drew-ness lol. This is gonna be great the way there are obviously going to be twists, with evil Paul. Great job hun!
    lol yes I loved that line too ya it's mainly gonna be kengoxdawn, but I'll fit mayxdrew in as well and yes evil paul mauahahah lol thanks so much Sammy!
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 23rd May 2007 at 12:26 AM. Reason: double post

Read my first fan fic! Please R&R!

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitty17 View Post
    I really like this story so far. I like how you played contestshipping into it in a creative sort of way. I was also suprised at first since it wasn't in your banner. =] The only negative comment I would have would be that a lot is kinda happening really fast. Other than that, and to double space, it sounds great. Oh, and if you decided to have a PM list, please add me. Thanks.
    Hey, thanks so much for the comment. I'll add you to the pm list ^^

Quote Originally Posted by miakimluv View Post
    hi dae!

awesome fic! i luv da Drew n' May moment lolz o.o so this iz a gonna be a Penguinshippy fic huh? n' Contestshippy? anywayz,i see no grammar mistakes or anything so,yeah lolz great job! can't wait for chapter 2! oh,n' if there's a PM list,can you plz add me? pretty pleaze?

ovr n' outzzz..[=
    thanks lol I had to have contestshipping in there and yes, I'll be starting my pm list and adding you ^^ you also don't have to wait any longer, cause here's chapter 2!

Chapter 2

Dawn biked down the road, humming a tune to herself. She turned off the main road, heading toward Kanto. There was as slight breeze with the humid air. Dawn looked up at the sky again. It was getting cloudier. “Looks like it will rain soon…” She said quietly to herself. She quickened her pace, pedaling faster. She had to beat the storm!

~May~

Drew and May were silent as they walked toward Petalburg city. May put her hands behind her head, deep in thought, while Drew just simply stared ahead. The wind blew gently and there were a few clouds, but it looked like it could storm in a couple of days. “I can’t believe that it’s over,” May whispered to herself.
    Drew, who was a few steps ahead of May, turned around and looked at her with a blank expression. “What do you mean?”
    May stopped walking, blushing slightly. “Traveling with you. I mean, it’s over.” She paused.
    “Ya, I guess,” Drew said and walked ahead.
    “Well, maybe not really!” May blurted out.
    “Listen May, if you want to get home then stop talking so frickin’ much!”
    “It’s just that…”
    Drew turned around; an exasperated and annoyed look on his face.
    “Well, I’m planning on going back to Kanto. I heard Soledad’s going to be there, and it’s going to have a lot of coordinators competing. But, I don’t even know what you plan on doing…after you won and all…”
    “May,” Drew started,” Even though I won, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop, and if you say there are good coordinators in Kanto, then I’m going there, too.”
    May gasped and squealed with excitement.
    “Not because you’re going!” Drew interrupted. May’s face fell.
    Drew stared at her, feeling a little guilty, then walked ahead.
    “We’ll be there in a few hours,” he said, forgetting about the conversation.
    May sighed, “Good, cause my legs are killing me!”
    Drew smirked.

~Dawn~

Dawn continued peddling up a large hill. When she reached the top, she looked out at the view below and gasped. It was Kanto!
    “We’re finally here,” Dawn said, and smiled. Thunder roared from above, so Dawn squeaked and started petalling as fast as she could towards the nearest city. Rain started to fall as she made it to Viridian.
    She looked around, clueless as to where she was.
    “Shoot,” she murmured.
    The rain was starting to fall, and soon enough it was coming down hard. Dawn soon became soaked. She was so frustrated; she couldn’t find the pokemon center! She didn’t know where anything was! After biking around the city for 30 minutes, she slowed her bike down and stopped, waking under the shelter of a tree.
    “Ah! This really sucks!” She said.
    Leaving her bike by the tree, she ran forward a bit, hoping to fin any hint of the center. (She left her bike under the tree, so it wouldn’t rust and get ruined)
    She was running so frantically that, without realizing it, she ran straight into somebody.
    ‘Ah!? Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to –“Dawn said in a rush as she backed up, closing her eyes and waving her hands around frantically.
    The person turned around, a smirk on his face, “Well, don’t you just look lovely, Dawn.”
    Dawn opened her eyes, surprised to hear that the person knew her name. Suddenly, she gasped.
    “KENGO!”
    ~May~

Drew and May finally arrived in Petalburg.
    “It’s about time,” May said. Before Drew could reply, she continued, “You said It’d be two hours, but noooo, it was four!”
    “Just shut your trap and keep walking,” Drew said irritably. They walked up to May’s house. May, pushing past Drew, ran inside.
    “Mom, Dad, Max?!” She called, “I’m home!” Suddenly, Max appeared, and ran up to May, hugging his sister.
    “May, I missed you!” He had almost knocked her over, so she had to quickly regain her balance, returning the hug.
    “I missed you too, Max,” She said. Drew stared at the two of them, smirking.
    Norman and Caroline also came into the room, hugging and greeting May. “We missed you dear,” Caroline said.
    May nodded and smiled. “I missed you, too.”
    “Why don’t you come for dinner?” Norman suggested.
    “OK!” May said. Suddenly, everyone seemed to realize Drew standing by the door. Caroline’s eyes lit up. “Ohhhhhh!” She squealed. Drew suddenly looked scared. “So, you brought Drew along?!” Caroline asked. There was a definite twinkle in her eyes, and May stared at her mother, confused.
    “Such a strong man!” Norman yelled, slapping Drew on the back and knocking him over.
    May stared at her parents, wide-eyed. She blushed with embarrassment.
    “Mom, Dad!”
    “Sorry dear, it’s just so great to see you!” Caroline explained. Norman nodded.
    May smiled, still embarrassed as Drew got up and stared at her. May looked at Drew, and then quickly changed the subject. “So, how about dinner?”

~Dawn~

Dawn stood in the pouring rain, her mouth slightly open. Kengo cocked his head to the side, and then smirked. He waved his hand in front of Dawn’s face.
    “Anyone home, Pikari?”
    (Pikari is a nickname Kengo gave Dawn. It comes from pikachu, and Dawn’s Japanese name, Hikari.”
    “Pikari….Pikari!?” Kengo said. He paused. “DAWN!”
    “Eh, wha-wha-what?” Dawn looked confused, and then suddenly realized what was going on. Kengo laughed.
    “Man, you should’ve seen your face!”
    “Hey you, Shut up!” Dawn stepped closer to Kengo, putting her hands on her hips. “I just didn’t expect to see you here.”
    Kengo laughed again. “Well, I’m here,” he said, pointing out the obvious.
    “I can see that!”
    “Pikari –“
    “DON’T CALL ME THAT!”
    “Oh fine!” Kengo laughed. “Ms. Oversensitive!”
    Dawn glared at him.
    “Anyway, DAWN, in case you haven’t noticed, we’re both standing in the rain, soaked, and I’m guessing that you’re lost….am I right?”
    Dawn looked down. She didn’t want to admit that she was lost, but she also didn’t want to stand in the rain anymore.
    “Come on, I’ll take you to the center,” Kengo said, and started to walk off.
    “Wait!”
    Kengo turned around.
    “I have to get my bike.”
    “You brought your bike?” Kengo looked confused.
    “Yep!” Dawn said, and she walked off to get it. She walked around, forgetting where she had put it. Kengo followed her, smirking.
    “Having some trouble finding your bike?” Dawn ignored him. After 15 more minutes, she managed to find it.
    “About time,” Kengo said, and walked off. Dawn ran after him, and soon, they made it to the center.
    “So that’s where it is,” Dawn mumbled to herself. Kengo ignored her, and walked inside. Once they were inside, Nurse Joy looked up and greeted them with a smile. “Hi, can I help you?”
    “Yes, could you please give me a room?”
    Sure,” Nurse Joy smiled. After a moment, she gave Dawn a room key. “You can leave your bike here.”
    “Thanks,” Dawn smiled, taking the key and leaving her bike. Luckily, it wasn’t very wet.
    Kengo stood by the door to the rooms, watching. (He already had a room) Dawn walked up to him and smiled awkwardly.
    “I’m going to change, then would you like to go grab something to eat? I want to know why you’re here and all.”
    Kengo nodded. “Fine.” Then, he left.
    Dawn sighed as she walked up to her room. He sure was a strange person.

hehe yes I cut if off, and I'll be replying to your posts all in one post this time cause ya I can't double post I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm starting chapter 3 now ^^ please tell me what you thinkg (I'm also working on my grammar) sorry if the paragraphs arn't indenting I indented them and tried to fix them here but it wasn't working sorry about that

PM list:

HelloKitty17
    miakimluv
    Last edited by littledreamindawn; 28th May 2007 at 9:11 PM. Reason: adding

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

“Such a strong man!” Norman yelled, slapping Drew on the back and knocking him over."
    um lmao. that was great. Drew sure is a jerk so far though, I hope you make him a bit more sensitive to May and everyone in the future.
    Hah, I love the pikari thing. That was cute how Kengo helped her out in the rain. Showing up in the right place at the right time, or not? ;] Oh, and that was cute at the start how May basically admitted she wants to keep travelling with Drew, cute.
    =]
    Update soon.

well RAISE a finger

“Such a strong man!” Norman yelled, slapping Drew on the back and knocking him over.
    hehe, yesh he is such a strong man! =3 loving the Drew and May moments in this fic hunni

Quote Originally Posted by littledreamindawn
    Dawn stood in the pouring rain, her mouth slightly open. Kengo cocked his head to the side, and then smirked. He waved his hand in front of Dawn’s face.
    “Anyone home, Pikari?”
    I like Kengo's attitude in thsi fic, sweet but still cocky/cheeky.

well I am very flattered that you ask me to proof read it hun, and this fic is going great! I can't wait til Paul Mr Baddarse comes into it! ^^ Oh, i forgot to ask before, put me on the PM list please

~CuteDrew667~
    xoxo

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

um lmao. that was great. Drew sure is a jerk so far though, I hope you make him a bit more sensitive to May and everyone in the future.
    Hah, I love the pikari thing. That was cute how Kengo helped her out in the rain. Showing up in the right place at the right time, or not? ;] Oh, and that was cute at the start how May basically admitted she wants to keep travelling with Drew, cute.
    =]
    Update soon.
    thanks ^^ lol I love making Drew mean but you'll just have to read to find out!

awesome chapter! aww Drew iz staying at May's house =3 da Pikari thingeh wuz funnee lolz gawsh,i hope Drew n' May meet Dawn n' Kengo in da later chapz! [= hmm..da story's getting really good so far :] o.o i wonder if May n' Dawn will battle in da contest or sumthin lolz wellz,awesome chap! great job on it! 5/5 if i had to rate it n' allz..can't wait for chapter 3!!

ovr n' outzzz..;]
    yes, Drew's at May's house ^^ and if they meet, well, you'll just have to keep reading!

hehe, yesh he is such a strong man! =3 loving the Drew and May moments in this fic hunni

I like Kengo's attitude in thsi fic, sweet but still cocky/cheeky.

well I am very flattered that you ask me to proof read it hun, and this fic is going great! I can't wait til Paul Mr Baddarse comes into it! ^^ Oh, i forgot to ask before, put me on the PM list please

~CuteDrew667~
    xoxo
    hey Sammy ^^ lol yes, I like his attitude, too and well, Paul's coming soon!

thanks for the comments everyone ^^ Here's chapter 3! Soon, things will start to clear up. I mean the banner that's at the top of the page! Thanks and please R&R! *rated pg 15 for some violence and a little language (not much really, but ya)

Chapter 3

Dawn walked slowly up her room. She was soaked. Sliding her key in, she opened her room door. Tossing her backpack onto the floor, she quickly showered, then changed. Looking at herself critically in the mirror, she ran a brush through her hair. She thought about Kengo. He was a childhood friend, who she had seen and competed against. He was a really good friend of hers, and she was really glad to have seen him.
    “Well, it’s not the best, but it’ll have to do,” she said as she took one last look in the mirror, and then walked out the door.
    Dawn walked into the center’s lobby, where Nurse Joy looked up and smiled from behind the counter. Dawn smiled back. She looked around the lobby until she found Kengo, who was standing in front of the lobby’s TV, watching the weather.
    “Isn’t it obvious enough that it’s raining? You don’t exactly need the weatherman to tell you that,” Dawn pointed out with a little laugh.
    Kengo turned around and frowned.
    “Whatever Pikari, I was just waiting for you.”
    “Didn’t I already tell you? DON’T CALL ME PIKARI!”
    Nurse Joy laughed.
    Dawn frowned.
    “Well, let’s get going,” she said.
    Dawn and Kengo each took an umbrella that Nurse Joy was kind enough to give them, and then walked outside. Both of them were silent as they walked on the empty streets. The rain was still coming down hard, and Dawn was glad to have an umbrella.
    She followed Kengo to a nearby café. Kengo stepped inside, and then turned to Dawn.
    “Is this place ok?”
    Dawn looked around. It was a small café, and there was hardly any person in there, but it seemed like a nice place. She smiled.
    “Yes, this is fine.”
    As they stood by the door and put away their umbrellas, Dawn turned to Kengo.
    “Kengo, what were you doing out here earlier?”
    “Haven’t you figured it out?” Kengo teased.
    “How could I?”
    “Well, you not exactly the brightest person.” He laughed. Dawn glared at him, to which he merely shrugged.
    “I was just going for a walk.”
    “In the rain?”
    “Well, I didn’t think that it would be this bad.”
    They sat down at one of the tables, and ordered their food. When the waitress left, Kengo leaned back in his chair, putting his hands behind his head.
    “Ok, so what was so important that you needed to ask me about? Or was it just that you wanted to know what I was doing earlier?”
    “Well,” she began, “for starters, what are you doing here, in Kanto? Are you going to be entering contests?”
    Kengo smirked.
    “Actually, I decided to try battling the gyms around here.”
    Dawn stared at him.
    “OF COURSE I’M HERE FOR THE CONTESTS!” Kengo laughed. Dawn frowned.
    “But really,” he continued, “I figured that you would’ve already figured that out, Dawn.”
    Dawn looked down. “Well, Ya, I did.” She hesitated. “But, I also wanted to know what else you’ve been up to…”
    Kengo looked at her and sat up.
    “Well, I don’t know. I’ve been training. I went back to Twinleaf town for a bit, but really, I’ve just been out training.”
    “You went back to Twinleaf town?!” Dawn looked shocked. “But, I didn’t see you there…”
    “I wasn’t there for long,” Kengo interrupted. “I just stopped by home to see my parents and all.”
    “Well, I’m surprised you didn’t even come to say hi…”
    Kengo blushed, feeling guilty.
    “Sorry Dawn, I guess I was just kind of busy training.”
    Dawn forced a smile.
    “Oh, don’t worry about it, its fine.”
    Well, it’s obvious that you were trying to find the center earlier. Are you traveling by yourself?”
    “Ya, I am. I don’t know where Ash and Brock are. But I decided that I should travel here, to enter contests.”
    “Well, I figured,” Kengo put his arms on the table, “But I do have to say, running into you today was the last thing that I expected to happen.
    “Same here.”
    The waitress brought their food, and then the two ate in silence.
    Dawn was thinking about everything that had happened in that one day. It seemed like forever ago sense Piplup woke her up that morning.
    “I wonder what will happen next…” she thought.

~May~

After dinner, May walked up to her room. She told her parents that she was going to Kanto, and they gave her their full support. Drew would be sleeping in the living room. May crawled into her bed, and was soon asleep.
    The next morning, May packed her things, and then met Drew downstairs.
    After saying goodbye to her family, they left.
    May and Drew walked for hours, until they finally made it to Kanto.
    “Yes! We’re here!” May cried.
    “Yay,” Drew said sarcastically.
    May turned around and put her hands on her hips.
    “Oh, come on! Don’t you EVER have any fun?!”
    “Ya, when I beat you.”
    May frowned.
    “Ya, I’m sure that’s just so much fun!” May replied sarcastically.
    “It is.”
    “Ahhh!” May cried.
    Drew laughed in triumph, and then flicked his emerald hair to the side.
    “You’re just too funny, May.”
    “Just shut up,” May said.
    It was getting late. They went to the center and each got their own room. May walked up to her room, showered, then sad on her bed. She had walked for such a long time! Her legs really hurt. Drew was really silent most of the day, but she was used to it. Although she was glad that they were traveling together. Maybe, just maybe, Drew would open up more, and would possibly be kinder to her.

~Dawn~
    The next morning, Dawn woke up at 7:00 am, and quickly showered and dressed. After eating at the café, Kengo barely said goodbye as he left to go to his room in the center.
    “I guess I’ll see him some other time,” Dawn thought.
    She opened her room door, glancing at her poketec at the same time. She had been planning on going to the Cerulean contest first. But as she opened her door, it suddenly jerked to a stop halfway. Dawn stumbled back a few feet. She had obviously hit someone with her door, as she heard someone yell in shock, and realized that she must have hit someone.
    “Oh! I’m sorry, are you ok?” Dawn stepped out of her room, and closed the door behind her.
    Kengo was rubbing his arm. He looked up.
    “Uh, hey Dawn.” He said.
    “Is your arm ok?” Dawn interrupted, before he could say anything else.
    “Fine,” he said, wincing, “but you sure did give me a hard hit with that door…”
    “Sorry,” Dawn replied, “So, where are you going?”
    “Cerulean.”
    Kengo was still rubbing his arm.
    “Hey! So am I! Maybe, well…”
    Kengo stared at her.
    “Do you want to travel together? I’m really not used to being by myself, and it could be fun.”
    Kengo just shrugged.
    “Sure.” And he walked away. Dawn ran up to him.
    “Great!” She beamed.
    Kengo just smiled.

After getting something to eat, they left the center for Cerulean.
    “I can’t wait!” Dawn cried.
    Kengo stared at her. “What about your bike?”
    “OMG my bike!” Dawn ran back to the center and soon came back with it.
    “Wow, that was fast.”
    “Yep! I’m not going to ride it yet, though. Biking is so much faster than walking.”
    They started to walk down the road, toward Cerulean.
    “Now as I was saying, I might be able to win the Grand Festival!”
    Kengo sighed. Dawn was so full of energy.
    “You have to get your ribbons first,” he pointed out.
    “I’m not stupid!” Dawn retorted.
    “Yep, just like you WEREN’T stupid enough to leave your bike behind.”
    Dawn just glared at him, while Kengo laughed.
    Then she found herself laughing, too.
    When Kengo had left on his journey, leaving Twinleaf Town, Dawn had really missed him. Now, he was just glad to be around him, even if he got on her nerves at times. But, he had always been there for her, even when they were young.

~flashback~

The young girl covered her face with her hands, trying desperately to protect herself. Another first hit her directly in the face, knocking her to the ground. She screamed, as the tall boy stood before her, picking her up, tossing her and hitting her.
    She held up her hands over her face again; it was all she could do as she fell, and was hit once more. She couldn’t get up. She was too weak, too tired. Her little skirt was covered in dirt, and was ripped.
    Through her tears, she cried, “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to trespass! I’m sorry!”
    “No one comes near here! This is MY place! EVERYONE knows that, except for stupid little girls like you!”
    “I’m sorry!” Dawn cried.
    She took her trembling hand and wiped the blood that was running down her face. She now had several cuts and bruises. She cried, looking away from the boy who was looking at her with satisfaction in his eyes.
    “Serves you right.”
    A little boy, with red hair and who was around the same age as Dawn, was walking down the street. He was looking for his best friend. He heard some cries and looked over to where Dawn was, seeing her fallen, crying.
    He gasped and ran over.
    The tall boy was laughing at Dawn and she cried in shame.
    Suddenly, the little boy ran directly into the boy, knocking him over.
    The boy quickly stood up and looked down.
    It was Kengo.
    “Leave her alone, you big bully!” He cried.
    The other boy was a couple years older than Kengo, and towered over him.
    “Wow, I’m so scared of a weak little boy like you,” he said sarcastically, “what can you do about it? You barley even hurt me before. You’re just a stupid little boy!”
    Kengo stared at the boy, fury and rage in his eyes.
    “This girl is worthless! She deserves to be beat! Who do you think you are, trying to defend this pathetic little girl?”
    “She’s my friend!”
    “Ha! You’re just as pathetic as her!”
    Kengo was really mad now. He ran into the boy, jumping up on him and punching him until he fell over. (Kengo knocked him over again.)
    Dawn stared in shock. She had no idea that Kengo was so strong, and he was. He was surprisingly strong for being so small.
    Eventually, the boy pushed Kengo away, standing up.
    “You’re not worth my time,” he said, and left.
    Kengo stared at the boy, then turned and ran to Dawn, falling on his knees next to her.
    “Dawn, are you ok?” He asked in his little voice.
    Dawn sniffed, closed her eyes, and nodded.
    “I was so scared…” She said in between quietly, “I didn’t mean to make him so angry.”
    Kengo helped her up, so she was sitting up, and she hugged him fiercely.
    “I love you, Kengo.” She cried.

~Dawn~

Dawn blushed slightly at the memory. She had told Kengo that she loved him, but did she mean it? Kengo turned around and stopped walking when he saw the look on her face.
    “Dawn, what’s wrong?”
    She hesitated. Should she tell him what she was thinking about?
    “Dawn?”
    She walked up to Kengo.
    “I was just thinking…”
    She hesitated.
    “About our childhood.”
    “Really?”
    Ya…do you remember, maybe, the time when you beat the one boy who was hurting me?”
    Kengo stared at Dawn, and then his expression softened.
    “Dawn, how could I possibly forget? It was really shocking, seeing you on the ground like that. I’ve never been so angry in my life. I had to help you.”
    He paused.
    “I just wonder what she said after he left…” he thought to himself.
    “Kengo?”
    “Ya?”
    “Thank you.”
    Kengo put a hand on Dawn’s shoulder. She froze.
    “Don’t worry about it,” he said, and turned, walking ahead.
    “Is it just me, or was he actually being nice to me?” Dawn thought.

~May~

May skipped down the road happily, singing a song to herself.
    Drew was getting irritated.
    “Ahhhhh, May! Stop! Please! I can’t take it anymore!” Drew yelled.
    May continued to skip, her hair bouncing on her shoulders.
    “May!”
    May stopped and turned around. She put her hands on her hips.
    “What!?”
    “May, you look like a frickin’ idiot. Plus, it’s annoying. So stop acting like such a freak May!”
    May stared at him, her eyes staring to water at his harsh words. She wiped her face with her gloved hand, then turned and walked ahead.
    Drew watched May, feeling guilty.
    “Well, at least it’s quiet,” he mumbled.
    “Drew?”
    “What?”
    May stopped.
    “I hate to say this, but you really can be a complete jerk at times,” she said quietly with her back still to Drew.”
    Drew paused for a moment.
    “Think what you want May,” he said, and he walked ahead of her, and then started to run.
    “What are you doing!?” May cried.
    “Well, unlike some people, I actually want to get to the town so I can actually get some training in.”
    May just stared at Drew. She sighed. Her legs were just too tired to run. She looked up. The sun was starting to set, and she thought that she saw some lights ahead.
    It was starting to get dark. After 30 minutes, May finally made it into the town.
    “Finally,” she said.
    The sun had set, and it was now dark. May started walking toward the center.
    Suddenly, she saw a dark figure walk by. It was late out, so May didn’t expect to see anyone out. She stopped and stared at the person, when she realized that he was staring at her. She smiled nervously, and walked ahead. Looking behind her, she saw that he was still standing there, but then he turned, and left.
    “Who was that?” May thought.
    She walked up to the center, and got a room key from Nurse Joy.
    Thanking her, May walked up to her room.
    “Just another exciting day,” she said sarcastically to herself.
    When would Drew stop being so mean to her? And who was the person who she saw in the street?

thanks for reading! hope this kind of gives you a clue of what's going to happen in the next chapter I love making people guess

PM list:

HelloKitty17
    miakimluv
    CuteDrew667

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

Aw the Kengo/Dawn area was really sweet this chapter.
    =]
    I liked the childhood flashback, it was really sad, but sweet. Does Kengo remember what Dawn had said to him?
    Wow, Drew still IS a jerk, is he ever going to lighten up?
    Well, it makes for a good story though, with her getting mad and leaving him. Even though that idea is pretty overused I still like it.
    Nice chapter, I like you how update soon and your chapters are decent in size.
    Thanks for the PM.
    =]

well RAISE a finger

Put me on the PM list please

You still need to double space each paragraph, it's like a giant blob of words.
    Let me show you what double spacing is like

Dawn walked slowly up her room. She was soaked. Sliding her key in, she opened her room door. Tossing her backpack onto the floor, she quickly showered, then changed. Looking at herself critically in the mirror, she ran a brush through her hair. She thought about Kengo. He was a childhood friend, who she had seen and competed against. He was a really good friend of hers, and she was really glad to have seen him.

“Well, it’s not the best, but it’ll have to do,” she said as she took one last look in the mirror, and then walked out the door.

Dawn walked into the center’s lobby, where Nurse Joy looked up and smiled from behind the counter. Dawn smiled back. She looked around the lobby until she found Kengo, who was standing in front of the lobby’s TV, watching the weather.

“Isn’t it obvious enough that it’s raining? You don’t exactly need the weatherman to tell you that,” Dawn pointed out with a little laugh.
    Kengo turned around and frowned.

“Whatever Pikari, I was just waiting for you.”
    “Didn’t I already tell you? DON’T CALL ME PIKARI!”
    See, doesn't it look better and more neater? LOL, Kengo calling Dawn Pikari.

This story is starting to get better though

Hey Dae, awesome fanfic Anywayz, I think its really cute. I luv the penguinshippy in this^_^ The part when Dawn said "I love you, Kengo." was really cute:3 The Drew and May parts are cutee too=D Haha, this is like one of the best fanfics cause it has my 2 fav shippings, Penguin and Contestshippy=3 Oh and juz like penngrade6 said it would look a lot neater if ya double space each paragraph. It would also make it a little easier to read too:3 hehe, well thatz really it^^ Keep up the awesome work. lol, I give this 5/5 starz=] Oh and can I be added to the PM list? Please and thank you=3

-Hayley aka: oreo754 =3
    Last edited by oreo754; 1st June 2007 at 1:35 AM. Reason: adding
    Drew and Dawn Fan Forever =D

hmm..am liking Penguinshippy so far in da storeh [= wow,Drew n' Kengo are a lil da same in their attitudes lolz awesome chapter [: ooh-err..Dawn told Kengo that she luved him?! hmm..sparks fly for Pikari-chan lolz well,am realleh luving da story,vereh addicting! itz well..err..unpredictable (soz,am bad at grammar lolz) well,this story has a lotta twists n' turns that i like not like some stories i read that are predictable lolz well,great job on it! can't wait for da next one! =3

ovr n' outzzz...[:

thanks so much ^^ I'm glad that you like it, and yes, Dawn told Kengo that she loved him! What will this mean?

Aw the Kengo/Dawn area was really sweet this chapter.
    =]
    I liked the childhood flashback, it was really sad, but sweet. Does Kengo remember what Dawn had said to him?
    Wow, Drew still IS a jerk, is he ever going to lighten up?
    Well, it makes for a good story though, with her getting mad and leaving him. Even though that idea is pretty overused I still like it.
    Nice chapter, I like you how update soon and your chapters are decent in size.
    Thanks for the PM.
    =]
    I had to add a childhood flashback. It just shows how good of friends Dawn and Kengo are, and how much they care about eachother. Drew, you'll just have to wait and find out. It's in his nature to be a jerk. Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by penngrade6 View Post
    Put me on the PM list please

You still need to double space each paragraph, it's like a giant blob of words.
    Let me show you what double spacing is like

See, doesn't it look better and more neater? LOL, Kengo calling Dawn Pikari.

This story is starting to get better though
    Yes, I understand more. I'll try to fix that on those chapters if I can, and I'll try that on my new chapters. Thank you for helping me. I love having Kengo call Dawn 'Pikari.!' I'll also add you to the pm list.

Quote Originally Posted by oreo754 View Post
    Hey Dae, awesome fanfic Anywayz, I think its really cute. I luv the penguinshippy in this^_^ The part when Dawn said "I love you, Kengo." was really cute:3 The Drew and May parts are cutee too=D Haha, this is like one of the best fanfics cause it has my 2 fav shippings, Penguin and Contestshippy=3 Oh and juz like penngrade6 said it would look a lot neater if ya double space each paragraph. It would also make it a little easier to read too:3 hehe, well thatz really it^^ Keep up the awesome work. lol, I give this 5/5 starz=] Oh and can I be added to the PM list? Please and thank you=3

-Hayley aka: oreo754 =3
    Thanks so much for reading and commenting Hayley! Those are my two favorite shippings. I'll work on the double spaceing. I'll add you to the pm list ^^ Thanks and hopefully I'll have the next chapter up soon!

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

May skipped down the road happily, singing a song to herself.
    Drew was getting irritated.
    “Ahhhhh, May! Stop! Please! I can’t take it anymore!” Drew yelled.
    lol that part really made me laugh, even if Drew was mean. I liked this chapter, the backflash was really sweet and slightly traumatic. That guy must have been some woman-beater to draw blood on Dawn's face from his strikes. I really liked this hun and am looking forward to the next chappie ^^

~CuteDrew667~

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

lol that part really made me laugh, even if Drew was mean. I liked this chapter, the backflash was really sweet and slightly traumatic. That guy must have been some woman-beater to draw blood on Dawn's face from his strikes. I really liked this hun and am looking forward to the next chappie ^^

~CuteDrew667~
    lol I loved that part, too. May's just so happy-go-lucky, I had to have her skipping and Drew be mean to her. Thanks so much for the comment hun ^^

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

Hi, dear! I guess, there will be some Ikarishipping here? Haha, then count me in.

But, I also like Penguinshipping, don't get me wrong. Pikari!

I have some critisizement, kay?

Mm....you should use spaces after sentences, well, speech sentences, anyways. It'll make the story look more cleaner.

And...Drew's mean here....

renami ++ says:
    JULIAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    renami ++ says:
    WILL YOU MARRY ME
    on c l o u d nine ? says:
    UM KAY I'LL MARRY YOU
    Dynamite Shark Princess says:
    ILU
    WAIT WTF I HAVE A LOT OF ADMIRERS

Quote Originally Posted by honey_clover112 View Post
    Hi, dear! I guess, there will be some Ikarishipping here? Haha, then count me in.

But, I also like Penguinshipping, don't get me wrong. Pikari!

I have some critisizement, kay?

Mm....you should use spaces after sentences, well, speech sentences, anyways. It'll make the story look more cleaner.

And...Drew's mean here....

thanks for the comment! I'm already working on the double space for the next chapter, so it should be easier to read...oh and don't worry there will be plenty of shippyness ^^ I love the Pikari! thanks again!

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

hey everyone! sorry for the long wait, but this chapter was a bit harder to write...and I have had it done for awhile, but I just havn't been able to post it...so sorry about that ^^ Please enjoy chapter 4 and please R&R ^^ Thanks!

Chapter 4

“Hey look! It’s Cerulean!” Dawn cried.

“Really Pikari? I would’ve never guessed.”

Dawn turned around, ready to object, and then stopped.

“Ahhhh, I give up!” She cried as Kengo laughed.

The sun was almost set in the sky. They walked down to Cerulean. It was very quiet. Most people were in their homes, and it was now getting to be dark.

“Hey, let’s get something to eat,” Dawn said, “I’m starved.”

“Well, we need to get our rooms first,” Kengo pointed out.

“Oh, ok,” she agreed reluctantly.

They walked into the center, and were greeted by Nurse Joy.

“Hello, what can I do for you?”

“Could we have two rooms please?” Dawn asked politely.

“Sure, you’re just in luck. There are only two rooms left. I just gave two of our other rooms to another boy and girl that looked like they were about your age.”

“That’s great! Thank you!” Dawn exclaimed.

“Yes, thank you very much.” Kengo agreed.

Nurse Joy handed them the keys to their rooms, smiling.

“It’s no problem.”

“Thanks again!” Dawn said, and she started to walk up to her room.
    Kengo walked behind her, his hands in his pockets. On their way down the hall, Dawn was busily thinking about her next contest.

“Maybe I’ll use Piplup, or Buizel.” She thought.

She was so busy thinking about the contest, that she ran into a tall boy, with emerald hair. She stumbled back in shock, almost tripping, falling over, and running into Kengo. He grabbed her arm and pulled her up before she could fall over.

The boy stared at Dawn, and Kengo laughed.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to run into you…”

“Whatever,” he interrupted, and walked away.

Dawn stared, blinking.

“He looked really ****** off.” Then she realized that Kengo was still holding onto her arm. She blushed and laughed nervously.

“Oh, ya, sorry.” He said, letting go hastily.

Dawn sighed.

“Aw man! I’m such a clutz!”

“You think?”

She turned and looked at Kengo.

“Well, ya, but still, he looked really mad.”

“You’re right; it did look like something was troubling him…well, let’s put our stuff in our rooms and get something to eat.”

“Yay! Food, here I come!”

~May~

May sat on her bed, running a brush through her long hair. She stopped when she heard the sound of a door opening and closing with a loud bang.

“I guess Drew’s going out,” She said quietly. She could easily tell it was Drew by the way that he had closed the door. She set the brush down on the bed, and got up.

“Maybe I should talk to him…”

Suddenly, she heard another noise. It sounded like someone had fallen, or had come close to it, and then she heard someone talking.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to run into you…"

It was a girl’s voice, and then May heard Drew.

“Whatever.”

Then, May heard his footsteps, and then it was silent. She listened some more as the girl talked, and then she heard the voice of another boy.

“Maybe I should go talk to them…” May said to herself.

But then, she heard them leave, and she frowned.

“Well, so much for that.”

~Dawn~

“So, who are you going to use at the contest?” Dawn asked as they walked back to the center. (After eating, they had walked around the city for a couple of hours)

Kengo thought for a moment,” I’m going with Prinplup. It’s a one pokemon contest, and, there are also two winners.”

“There are?”

“Yes, maybe you should read the info books once in awhile.” He teased.

“Well, how does it work?”

“It’s like a regular contest, but it’s the final two who will receive a ribbon.”

“Oh…”

“The contests have changed some, but a lot of them are going to stay the same.”

They arrived at the center.

“I’m going to go out and train some.” Dawn told Kengo.

“Ok, well, I’ll see you later. Try not to stay out too late. It’s already 10:30 pm.”

“Really!?”

Dawn looked shocked.

“Wow that’s late,” she said after a moment.

“Not many people go out this late, so be careful.”

“Don’t worry, Piplup will be with me. See you later!”

She waved and ran off.

“Bye,” Kengo mumbled.

“But I have a bad feeling about this.”

Dawn ran out into the small park by the center.

“Piplup, come out!”

Piplup appeared out of its pokeball.

“Piplup!” It cried happily.

“Hi Piplup! Let’s get some practicing in, ok?”

“Lup!”

“Alright, Piplup, use bubblebeam, and then use peck!”

Piplup followed it easily, shooting a bubblebeam and going right through it with peck. The little penguin then landed on the ground, where the bubbles surrounded it and broke, surrounding Piplup in sparkles. After Dawn and Piplup had practiced for almost 20 minutes, she returned her penguin to its pokeball.

“That’s enough for now, it’s late.” She said, and she put Piplup’s pokeball away. She looked at her pokenav. It was getting to be close to 11:00 pm, so she started to walk back to the center. As she walked down the street, the late night breeze gently blew her hair back. She sighed happily. It was so beautiful out.

When she was almost back at the center, she noticed a figure walking around. She thought that she shouldn’t feel surprised, but still, she suddenly felt nervous. Curiosity got the best of her, and she cautiously started to walk toward the person. He turned when he saw her, and stared at her, quickly putting something in his pocket. He was hiding something. She stopped, shivering, but then she realized who it was.

“Paul?” She asked hesitantly.

The person turned. He was tall, with broad shoulders and a serious look on his face. As Dawn walked closer, and managed to see his face in the dark, she stared. Was it her, or did he look more serious then usual? No, not serious, maybe that, and, angry? Paul stared at Dawn, and she smiled nervously. The silence grew, and Paul put his hand in his pocket.

“Um, w-what did you put in your pocket?” Dawn said slowly.

“None of your damn business.” Paul interrupted before she could say anymore.

He stepped closer to her, and she held her breath. Why did she feel so intimidated?

She thought for a moment.

“Then, what are you doing…”

“I told you! It’s none of your damn business! What the hell are you doing here anyway!?” Paul shouted.

Dawn went silent. What was wrong with Paul?

“Dawn!? Dawn!” Someone called.

She turned. A person was running toward her. Who was it? She squinted and stared. Kengo. It was Kengo.

“Dawn,” he stopped, panting, “I was looking all over for you. It’s late, so we should head back.” He said in between breaths.

“Oh, ok.”

Kengo turned and seemed to notice Paul.

Paul glared at Kengo, than looked at Dawn.

“Umm, sorry, but we need to get going,” she said quietly.

She left hesitantly, with Kengo close behind.

“Who was that?” He whispered.

“Um, no one,” Dawn replied; she didn’t want to talk about it.

She was shocked. She didn’t know why, but, she was filled with fear. She looked back at Paul and gasped as Kengo walked ahead. Was she just seeing things, or was he holding a gun!?

~May~

May’s alarm woke her at 7:30 am. She slowly opened her eyes, reached over and slammed the sleep button, shutting off the annoying noise of her alarm clock. She turned in her bed, covering up herself more with her blanker and closed her eyes.

“Just 10 more minutes.” She thought.

May woke suddenly with another wake up call from her alarm clock.

“Ahh! Can’t I get some sleep!?” May cried, as she reached for the sleep button once more, but stopped when she saw the time.

“Shoot! I’ve slept in!”

Quickly turning off her alarm clock, she jumped out of bed. She had accidentally slept in until 9:00 am. She had wanted to get up early, so she could sign up for the contest early. She quickly showered and changed into her usual outfit. Running a brush quickly though her hair, she put on her bandana then grabbed her bag and ran out the door.

She arrived at the contest hall in less than 15 minutes; she ran the whole way there. Panting, she greeted Nurse Joy, who was registering the coordinators.

“Here --- is --- my --- contest pass.” May said in between breathes.

She handed Joy the contest pass, and Joy smiled.

“You didn’t have to rush over; you still have plenty of time.”

“Sorry, I just --- wanted --- to get mine in early.”

“Well, it’s no problem.” Joy smiled.

After registering May, she handed her pass back.

“Now, you do know that the rules are a little bit different in this contest, right?”

May, who was still panting, shook her head.

“No, I haven’t. What’s different?”

“Well, for one thing, everyone needs to dress formally.”

“Formally?"

“Yes, like a dress…”

“Ya, I know, I just have never had to wear one before in a contest. Is there anything else?”

“Yes,” Joy smiled, “Instead of having just one coordinator receive a ribbon, the top two coordinators will.”

“Oh, that sounds cool. Thanks Nurse Joy.”

“No problem and good luck!”

May smiled.

“Thank you.”

~Drew~
    Drew walked down one of the main roads in Cerulean, his hands buried in his pockets. He was on his way towards the contest hall. He looked at his pokenav. It was 9:45 am. He had left later than he had wanted to, but he didn’t really care. He kicked a nearby stone, sending it flying and hitting a tree. He was so ****** off, but he didn’t know why. He closed his eyes in frustration, and saw May’s smiling face. He quickly opened them again. Was it because of May? Was it because he wasn’t sure exactly…how he felt about her?

“She pisses me off!” He growled, kicking another nearby rock.

She was always walking around, with a goofy look on her face, and if she’s not annoying, then she’s complaining.

“I traveled with her all in Johto, and had to put up with her stupid complaints, and now we’re traveling together again! So why the hell am I traveling with her again?” He thought.
    Maybe there was something else… He sighed. He had more important things to worry about. He entered the contest hall, and his eyes widened when he saw who was there.

May turned from the counter, her smile suddenly turning into a frown when she saw Drew. She still remembered their fight from the day before, but she couldn’t bring herself to mention it to Drew. He had been so mad at her, all because she was in a good mood, and it really ****** her off when he just took off and ran. But that was Drew.

Still, he was acting so…out of character.

Her thoughts were broken by the sound of Nurse Joy’s voice.

“Hi, are you going to sign up for the contest?”

Drew looked away from May, completely ignoring her, and walked up to the front desk.

“Yes, thank you.” He said as he handed Nurse Joy his contest pass.

He looked over at May, and she blushed in embarrassment and turned away, trying to keep herself from tearing up. Why was he being like this?

Nurse Joy smiled as she handed Drew his contest pass back.

“Thank you, Drew. Do you know that this contest has some different rules?”

“Yes, I do know that, but thanks.” Drew replied, and, ignoring May, left the contest hall.

~Dawn~
    Dawn looked at her pokenav as she walked out of the contest hall. It was 11:30 am. Kengo walked up to her.

“Well, we’re both registered, so I’m guessing that you’re going to train until the contest?”

Dawn looked up.

“Ya, that’s what I’m planning on doing.”

“Ok, we’ll I’ll see you later.”

Kengo waved, and then left.

~May~

May looked at the clock. It was now an hour before the contest started. She quickly took one last look in the mirror. She had bought a nice, but less expensive dress. It was a blue strapped dress mad with a soft blue silk. The blue colored dress matched her eyes perfectly, and it went down to just above her knees. She looked at herself in the mirror, brushing through her hair, and then tying it up into a ponytail.

“Well, I guess that this will have to do.” She said, and left to go to the contest hall.

~Drew~

Drew walked toward the contest hall, dressed up in black pants, and a black leather coat. He didn’t really like dressing up. He walked into the contest hall, and into the coordinators room. He froze. There was May, standing right in the middle of the room. She looked so beautiful. She walked over to Drew and stared at him.

“Drew?”

“Uh, um, what do you want May?”

May was taken aback.

“Well, it looked like something was on your mind, that’s all.”

“Uh, um, well…it’s nothing ok. Just forget about it.” Drew said, and then walked away.
    A single tear rolled on May’s face, but she quickly wiped it off her face.

~Dawn~
    Dawn walked into the contest hall, and made her way over to the corrdinator's room. She was wearing her usual pink contest dress, with her hair up in a pony tail. She looked around the room, but couldn’t find Kengo.
    “I guess he hasn’t arrived yet,” she thought.

She walked over to a brunette with a beautiful, but less-expensive dress on.

“Hi, I’m Dawn.”

The girl turned and Dawn frowned. She looked…sad.

“Oh hello,” she said quietly, seeming to be a little surprised.

Dawn smiled.

“I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I really like your dress.”

“T-thank you very much, but really, it’s not that great. Yours is very nice, though.”

“It’s a nice dress, really, and thanks.” Dawn reassured her. “Have you been competing in contests before?”

“Yes, I have. I actually just made the top four in the Johto Grand Festival.”

Dawn froze.

“Wait, you, I saw you on TV!”

“Um, you did?”

“Yes, I saw you battle with your Blaziken against this one guy’s Absol...what was his name now?”

“Drew.”

“Yes! That’s his name! Do you know him well?”

“Yes, I do…”

“Dawn!?”

May looked behind the girl to see a cute red-headed boy running in. He was wearing nice pants along with a jacket.

“Hey Kengo, I see that you got a new contest outfit.”

“Ya, I didn’t really like my other one…” (A/N: As much as I love Kengo, I hated his old contest outfit!)

“Oh! Kengo, this is…”

“May.”

“Yes, she’s a top coordinator who’s made it to the Grand Festival!” Dawn squealed.

“That’s pretty impressive, it’s nice to meet you May.” Kengo smiled.

“Thank you, it’s nice to meet you, too…”

“Kengo, as Dawn said earlier.” He said, holding out his hand.

“Yes, I know.” May laughed, and shook his hand with a smile on her face.

Just at that moment, Drew walked into the room, and, when he saw Kengo, glared at him. What was he doing, talking to May? He looked over at Dawn. She was the person who had carelessly run into him the other night.

He quickly stepped right in-between front of Kengo and May, facing May and glaring at her.

“Drew, what was that for!? May said in surprise.

“So that’s Drew…” Dawn thought.

“May, what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

May put her hands on her hips, ignoring his question.

“What is your problem Drew!? You have been nothing but a jerk these last couple of days!”
    “It’s none of your business B*TCH!”

May froze.

“He doesn’t seem like a nice person,” Dawn whispered to Kengo.

Kengo stepped forward.

“Hey, why are you being so mean to her, I think you should knock it off.”
    “Who are you to tell me that!?”

And with that, Drew made a fist and punched Kengo right in the face.
    May gasped.

“Kengo, are you ok?” Dawn gasped, as Kengo staggered back a few steps.
    He wiped away the blood that was running down his face, and Drew glared at him.

“Fine, come on Dawn, let’s go.”

“Oh, ok. May, are you ok?” Dawn asked as May’s eyes started to fill with tears.

“Fine, I’m fine.” She reassured her.

After Dawn and Kengo had left, May quickly turned to Drew.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you!” She said, her eyes filling with tears.

Drew stared at May, then stepped forward and grabbed her, pulling her into one of the smaller rooms, and pushing her up against the wall. The room was empty and dark.

“Drew! What are you doing?” May asked in shock.

Drew was so close to May that she could hear his heavy breathing. She froze.

“D-Drew?”

She stared at his blank expression, which she could barely see in the dim light.

“Drew, what’s wrong?”

She put her hand on his arm, but he moved away from May, turning his back to her.

“It’s nothing. Come on, the contest will be starting soon.” He said quietly.

May followed Drew out and into the main room.

Vivian was already on the TV screen, talking confidently into her microphone.

May took a deep breath. She’d have to worry about Drew later.

“First up, we have May, from Petalburg city!”

“I’m up first!?” May said in shock.

Dawn walked up from behind her.

“I guess you are.” She said with a look of concern for May. “Good luck.”

“Thanks.” May said, and walked out onto the stage.

The lights made her dress look elegant on the stage. May took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

“Alright! Beautifly, take the stage!” She cried.

She let out Beautifly, and its wings sparkled beautifully in the lights.

“Silver wind into gust!”

Soon, Beautifly had mad a beautiful wind with the silver wind and gust, then went right into the middle of it, with a cute little pose.

“Awesome!” May cried happily.

“She’s a very talented coordinator.” Kengo said.

“She really is!” Dawn agreed with a smile.

Drew glared at Kengo.

Next, Dawn performed with her Piplup, using a combination of bubblebeam, and bind. Kengo had his Prinplup use bubblebeam, then metal claw. Drew used Roselia, and had it use petal dance and magical leaf.

Soon, everyone waited to hear and see made it to the second round. They all watched as the coordinator’s showed up on the screen.

For the first battles, everyone went up against one of the other four coordinators that also made it. Everyone also won. For the next battles, Drew was up against May, and Kengo was up against Dawn.

“Roselia, let’s go!”

“Beautifly, take the stage!”

“Roselia, use petal dance into magical leaf!”

“Dodge and use silver wind!”

Even though Beautifly tried to dodge, the attacks still hit, and May lost points, but Beautifly also managed to hit Roselia with its silver wind, so the score was now almost tied.

“Solarbeam!”

“Beautifly, watch out! Use silver wind!”

“Dodge that!”

Roselia jumped, dodging the attack.

“No!” May cried.

“Now, use Solarbeam!”

A powerful beam of light shot from Roselia’s petals.

“Use psycic, and send it back toward Roselia!” May cried desperately.

Beautifly used its psychic, and send the attack right for Roselia.

Drew flicked his hair.

“Sorry May, but that won’t help you,” he said, “petal dance, then use Solarbeam once more!”

Roselia followed Drew’s orders perfectly, and as it launched an even faster Solarbeam, Beautifly was unable to dodge, and the attack hit. Beautifly fell. May lost.

“Next, we have Dawn battling against Kengo! Let the battle begin!”

“Piplup, let’s go!”

“Prinplup, on stage!”

The two penguin pokemon appeared from their pokeballs.

“Lup!”

“Ready Piplup? Let’s use bubblebeam!”

“Prinplup, use bubblebeam as well!”

The attacks collided, canceling each other out.

Both Dawn and Kengo lost points.

“Piplup, use peck!”

“Metal claw now!”

As Piplup used its peck, Prinplup blocked it with its metal claw, and then sent Piplup flying.

“Piplup No!” Dawn cried.

Dawn lost points.

“Great job Prinplup! Now use metal claw once more!”

Prinplup hit Piplup with the metal claw, and Piplup hit the wall.

“LUP!” It cried.

“Piplup are you ok?”

Piplup was lying on the ground. The attack had sent it, so it had hit the wall, and that made the damage that much worse.

“Piplup, please get up!”

Piplup struggled to its feet as Dawn’s points went down.

Kengo smirked.

“Bubblebeam!”

“Piplup dodge it!”

But the attack still hit.

Dawn’s points went down again.

“Piplup, please, get up.”

“Prinplup, use bubblebeam once more!”

Dawn thought quickly.

“Piplup, use bind!”

As the bubblebeam hit, Piplup sent an attack that cost twice the damage, and it hit Prinplup.

“Prinplup, are you ok?”

Prinplup slowly got up.

“Piplup, bubblebeam!”

“Prinplup, use bubblebeam as well!”

The points were now almost tied.

“Whirlpool!”

“Use metal claw!”

Piplup’s whirlpool was too strong, and it hit Prinplup. Time was up, and Dawn had won.

“Yes! We won!” Dawn cried happily.

Piplup ran up to her and they hugged.

“I can’t believe that we won our first contest!”

“Lup!” Piplup agreed happily.

Kengo walked up to Dawn.

“That was a great battle, Dawn.”

“It was, of course, I would expect it to be!” She laughed.

“Congratulations Dawn.” Kengo said with a smile.

“Thank you.” Dawn smiled.

~May~

May sat in one of the chairs in the coordinator’s room, staring at Beautifly’s pokeball. She was disappointed about her loss. She had really hoped to win. She looked up and gasped. Drew and Dawn were holding hands, and were bowing in perfect sync. In the other hand, they both held a beautiful ribbon. May stared, tears filling her eyes. They looked like they were a couple!

“No…” she whispered.

Drew and Dawn were both smiling brilliantly as the crowd cheered. The other coordinators had already left the coordinators room to go and watch with the rest of the crowd. Everyone except May…and Kengo.

As Kengo was about to leave, he noticed that May was crying. He stared at her. She looked miserable.

“May? Is something wrong?”

May was now sobbing, covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

“Drew, why!? Why are you acting like this? You’ve been nothing but a jerk to me…and now This!?” She sobbed.

She hadn’t heard Kengo.

She looked up. Drew had turned toward Dawn, and was now whispering something in her ear, and then, to May’s shock, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

Dawn smiled and blushed.

“NO!” May whispered, and her sobs grew even louder.

She had lost, but, seeing Drew….with HER, was much worse.

Dawn was beautiful, and she was a wonderful coordinator. Drew must like her…

May suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder.

She turned, her tearstained face showing her shock when she saw who it was.

“K-K-Kengo.”

“May, what’s wrong?” He stared at her face with concern. “Is it because you lost?”

May looked up at Kengo, her eyes filling with tears.

“It’s – it’s more than that! I don’t’ know what I’m going to do!” She sobbed miserably.

Kengo reached out and gently hugger her, and stroked her hair in comfort.

“It’s all right.” He was at a loss for words of comfort.

“No, it’s Drew. He-he’s been such a jerk lately, and I’m sorry if he punched you earlier…he can be so violent…”

She paused.

“The thing is, I had always thought that maybe…”

Kengo looked down at her.

“It’s ok.” (He’s still at a loss of words of comfort)

“No Kengo! NO! It’s not OK! Didn’t you see! Drew was whispering something in Dawn’s ear, and I don’t know what! Then, then….He KISSED HER! He kissed her on the cheek after he whispered in her ear! And then, Dawn blushed!” May sobbed.

“What!?”

Kengo pulled away from May.

“She did?”

He couldn’t believe it. This Drew guy kissed Dawn. Dawn!

“No…” He thought, and then he looked at May.

There she was, a beautiful girl, but not just beautiful, but kind. She was so hurt, crying her heart out. He just couldn’t believe it…Dawn and Drew!

“I’m so sorry May...it might not be much to them but…”

“Ya…”

Suddenly, the two of them heard voices. It was Dawn and Drew.

“You really have amazing talent.” May heard Drew say.

“Y-you really think so?”

“Yes,” Drew said, remembering when he had kissed her, congratulating her on her win. But...had he done it for another reason?
    “No, no I didn’t.” He thought.

He looked over at Dawn.

“You know, you really are beautiful.”

May gasped, and Kengo just stood, frozen, in shock.

But what they didn’t hear was Drew’s voice lowering to a whisper.

“Kengo must really be lucky.”

Dawn blushed, but it was a lot deeper then when Drew had kissed her as she thought of Kengo.

Drew and Dawn’s footsteps were getting closer; they didn’t know that May and Kengo were in the next room.

“May, let’s go,” Kengo said, “how about if I walk you back to the center?”

May smiled.

“That would be nice.”

So, the two of them started to leave the room when Drew walked in ahead of Dawn. He glared at Kengo, seeing him with May. He was filled with jealousy.

Dawn walked in after Kengo and May had already left.

“I’m going now.” Drew said, his voice showing his anger.

Dawn stared at Drew. What was going on? And where was Kengo and May?

~Dawn’s Rising Sun~

Drew stormed out of the contest hall, running until he caught up with Kengo and May.

“What the hell is going on here?! What are you doing Kengo!?”

Kengo tuned in surprise, staring at Drew’s hot expression coolly.

“Well, May was feeling pretty upset, so I decided to walk her home, then I was planning on training Prinplup, then getting something to eat. Is that a problem?”

“Drew, Kengo, please don’t fight…” May started.

“Shut up!” Drew shouted hitting her forcefully. She fell over, hitting the ground.

“Ah!” She cried as she hit the hard surface.

Kengo looked at Drew in shock.

“What was that for!?” May yelled.

Drew ignored what she said.

“What are you doing with HIM!?”

He jabbed his finger to Kengo.

Before May could say anything, he continued.

“It was just a contest; it’s nothing to get so upset about!” Drew yelled.

May was still on the ground, and her eyes started to fill with tears. She got up.

“It was more than that Drew….YOU KISSED DAWN! Are you TRYING to push me away or something!? At least Kengo has a heart; he actually was trying to comfort me. Well, guess what? I’m not traveling with you anymore! I’m traveling on my own from now on! So goodbye Drew!”

She turned to Kengo and lowered her voice, so she wasn’t yelling.
    “I’m sorry, but I’ll just walk back by myself if that’s ok. I just want to be left alone. Thank you.”

Kengo smiled.

“Sure thing.”

She glared at Drew, who was just staring at her.

May sighed.

“I just don’t get you Drew.”

Then, she turned and ran off, crying.

Once May was gone, Drew turned to Kengo.

“What are you trying to pull!?”

“Pull?” Kengo asked, putting one hand on his hip stubbornly.

“Turning May against me like that you asshole!”

“Drew, you’re the one who turned May against you, and you’re the one who pushed her away, kissing Dawn the way that you did. You didn’t even seem to realize that it could really hurt May.”

“SHUT UP!” Drew yelled.

He put his hand into a fist, ready to punch Kengo, but he just turned away from Drew.

“You know what Drew? I feel sorry for May.”

And with that, Kengo walked away.

He really did feel sorry for May, but he also couldn’t help but feel a little upset with Dawn. By the way Drew was talking, it sounded like Kengo liked May. But he was wrong.

“No one could ever take the place of Dawn.” He thought, and he walked into the contest hall, where he saw Dawn waiting for him, with her usual brilliant smile.

Hope you all liked this chapter ^^ I had to manually double space it here, so that took sometime... Thanks for reading this and hopefully I'll get the next chapter up soon!

PM list:

HelloKitty17
    miakimluv
    CuteDrew667
    penngrade6
    oreo754

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

aah! Chappie four, how fab

“Shut up!” Drew shouted hitting her forcefully. She fell over, hitting the ground.
    I have to say...that part utterly shocked me. The fact that Drew would hit May...it isn't a small thing for a man to hit a girl like that...bastard isn't he

really good chap, a lot of emotion going on adn i look forward to reading more than I already have of chappie five

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Okay, holy crap. This was a HUGE turn of events. You say this is going to be a contestshipping/penguinshipping story? From what I just read, it doesn't seem like that lol. So what is this thing with Drew/Dawn and May/Kengo, permanent or trying to shake up the story?
    ;]
    Wow, I was almost terrified reading this after all of Drew's actions. I know he can be mean, but god this was absolutley terrifying behavior for him, at least it kept me reading.
    & woah, woah, woah, Paul..a gun!?! Now, I am more terrified than before if possible. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the PM.

well RAISE a finger

aah! Chappie four, how fab

I have to say...that part utterly shocked me. The fact that Drew would hit May...it isn't a small thing for a man to hit a girl like that...bastard isn't he

really good chap, a lot of emotion going on adn i look forward to reading more than I already have of chappie five
    thanks so much for the comment Sammy ^^ I love making Drew mean! lol and I love adding emotion!

Okay, holy crap. This was a HUGE turn of events. You say this is going to be a contestshipping/penguinshipping story? From what I just read, it doesn't seem like that lol. So what is this thing with Drew/Dawn and May/Kengo, permanent or trying to shake up the story?
    ;]
    Wow, I was almost terrified reading this after all of Drew's actions. I know he can be mean, but god this was absolutley terrifying behavior for him, at least it kept me reading.
    & woah, woah, woah, Paul..a gun!?! Now, I am more terrified than before if possible. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the PM.
    thanks so much for the comment ^^ If I said they're would be more shippys, then it would ruin the surprise, now wouldn't it? lol Actually, I hadn't really planned on it from the beginning. Yes, Drew is mean, but you just have to keep on reading to see if he lightens up a bit, or at all! ^^ Thanks so much and hopefully I'll have the next chapter up soon!
    Last edited by littledreamindawn; 10th June 2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: adding

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

;]
    Thanks for the PM.
    I agree to everything that she said! Agree!

Mm, I dunno if I have any typos in my post here, because I'm just shaken to the thought that Paul has a gun, Drew just kissed Dawn, and Kengo/May?! Oh, damn.

You have some typos here dearie....and you have to use some commas too.
    Here:

“Hey look! It’s Cerulean!” Dawn cried.

“Really, Pikari? I would’ve never guessed.”(If he was saying it sarcastically, you should put something like that, to say that it was sarcastic.)
    Well....that's it...O.O

renami ++ says:
    JULIAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    renami ++ says:
    WILL YOU MARRY ME
    UM KAY I'LL MARRY YOU
    Dynamite Shark Princess says:
    ILU
    WAIT WTF I HAVE A LOT OF ADMIRERS

Quote Originally Posted by honey_clover112 View Post
    I agree to everything that she said! Agree!

Mm, I dunno if I have any typos in my post here, because I'm just shaken to the thought that Paul has a gun, Drew just kissed Dawn, and Kengo/May?! Oh, damn.

You have some typos here dearie....and you have to use some commas too.
    Here:

Well....that's it...O.O

Well, like I've said earlier, this is my first story, and I'm still working on it all. I typed the chapter really fast too so typos...ye

I hope you liked it though ^^

hi Dae!

yay! da chapter's up..okee lolz..*reads* wow..Drew's all mad all of a sudden lolz lotsa emotions in this one :] ooh-i likey da Belleshippy in this storeh!!! but i support Contestshippy in thish storeh but it would be nice to have a lil Belleshippy hehe hmm..*reads again* say what??!!! *reads* Drew...no he didn't!! *reads again* yes..he did lolz..gawd,temper,temper lolz..anywayz,awesome chapter! I luv how you wrote this one! i wonder if everything switches (DrewxDawn n' MayxKengo) wow..lolz well,can't wait for da next one! i wonder what's gonna happen next hehe well,its for you to write n' me to read lolz..wowsh,thish ish getting long..well,hope you get da next chappie up!
    Haha, yesh evil Paul with his gun ^^ yes and they're has to be romantic conflict! More shippyness!!!! And you'll have to see how it turns out ^^

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

I know it's been a long time, but I finally have the 5th chapter typed! Sorry if there are typos and stuff...my work can't be perfect though. Please R&R!
    Thanks!

Chapter 5

Kengo walked up to Dawn. The room was empty.

She smoothed out her dress, standing up.

“Hey.” She said.

She was blushing slightly.

“Where were you? You know, the contest was really great. I was really impressed by Drew’s talent. Weren’t you?”

Kengo stared at Dawn as her listened to her words. She was talking about HIM…

He looked down.

Maybe she didn’t feel the same as him. Maybe she didn’t even remember what she had said to him when they were young…when she had told him that she loved him.

But now, maybe, she felt differently. Maybe, she DID have feelings for this Drew.

“Kengo, what’s wrong?” Dawn asked.

Rage filled Kengo.

“You know very well what’s wrong Dawn! It’s obvious that you like him; I thought differently until now. You do realize that you’re blushing now don’t you!?”

“Um, what!? I’m blushing?” She asked, her blush growing deeper for a different reason then what Kengo was thinking.

“What do you think!?” He spat.

He was shouting now.

“I can’t believe you! Yes, he kissed you. You blushed, but to think that you’re STILL flustered cause of that! Dawn, Drew’s an a**hole! You what he did earlier! And I was outside with him and May. She was really hurt, so I was trying to help her, when your ‘Mr. Drew’ came along and hurt her!”
    “What!? You were with May!?”

“Not like that you idiot! Didn’t I just explain it!? It’s called comforting someone, and being sensitive to their feelings. But, obviously, you’re not smart enough to figure that out Dawn! Why don’t you just go back with your ‘true love’!?”

And with that, Kengo stormed out of the contest hall.

He usually never snapped like that. He had thought that it all wasn’t a big deal, up until now. He hated Drew, and thinking about Dawn liking him just pi**ed him off.

Dawn stared, and then collapsed to the floor, crying into her arms that supported her head.

Sure, Drew was handsome, but Kengo was that, and so much more to her.

The sliding door opened, but Dawn stayed on the ground in shame. She didn’t want to see who it was.

Someone bent down and gently put a hand on her back. She looked up. Just everyone’s luck.

It was Drew.

“Are you ok?” He asked.

Dawn sniffed, and then sat up.

“I’ve been better.”

Drew held out his hand and helped her up.

“Ok, then explain why you were crying.”

“OH, um, it was just a small fight with Kengo…”

“And I think I know what it’s about.”

“Ya…”

“Well, if it was such a small fight, then why were you crying so much?”
    “I, well…”

“You love him, don’t you?”

“W-W-wha?”

“You head me.”

“Well, it doesn’t really matter. Kengo doesn’t want me around him anymore. So, I guess I’m on my own again. I’ll see you later Drew.”

Dawn walked quietly out of the contest hall. She went into her room and packed her things. It was starting to get late, but she quickly changed, then left her room.

She walked into the lobby, giving Joy her room key.

Joy stared at Dawn.

“Isn’t it a little late to be leaving?” She asked.

“No, it’s fine. The next town isn’t too far away anyway.”

Dawn reached into her pocket and took out a letter.

“Could you do me a favor, and give this to someone called Kengo for me?”

“Sure thing,” Joy smiled as she took the letter.
    She paused.

“Wait, what does he look like? Weren’t you traveling with him? I mean, wasn’t he the red headed boy that came to the center with you?”

“Oh, no, that was only for a little bit. It’s not a problem.” Dawn reassured Joy, as if nothing was wrong.

“Ok, well, be careful.”

“Thanks Nurse Joy.” Dawn said, and then started to walk around the lobby.

“By any chance, do you have any idea where my bike is?”

Dawn laughed nervously. She was embarrassed. How did she manage to loose her bike?

“With the contest and all, I completely forgot about it.” She said, runner her hand through her hair.

Joy smiled.

“It’s not a problem. Why don’t you check the park?”

Dawn smiled.

“I will! Thanks!”

She waved, and walked out the door.

She walked out to the park; the sun was starting to set.

Suddenly, she saw her bike by a bench that was close to the park’s fountain.

“There it is!” Dawn cried happily, and ran over to it.

“Traveling should be a lot faster again. I won’t need to walk anymore, as long as I have my bike. I only walked some, but I still prefer my bike anyday.”

She got on her bike, then rode out of the park, and left Cerulean.
    “Once I get to this next town, I can start to get ready for my next contest!”

She paused.

“And forget about Kengo.”

~Drew~

Drew walked into the center, packed his things, and handed his room key to Joy.

“Thanks for the room,” he said quietly.

“No problem, but why are you leaving this late, too!? Someone else already left before you not too long ago.”

“Really!? Was the person a brunette? Was the person a girl?” He asked hopefully.

“Yes, the person was a girl, but she had blue hair; she wasn’t a brunette. Why do you ask? Are you looking for someone?”

“No, no, everything’s fine,” Drew said quickly before she could ask any more questions, especially about May.

“Well, be careful.”

“It’s no problem, and thanks.”

“It’s no trouble at all. Just be carful. It’s almost dark out.” Joy said, smiling.

“Don’t worry.” Drew said, and walked away, holding up one hand in a wave.

~Dawn~

Dawn continued to bike down one of the roads. But it was so dark out, that she could barely see anything.

“Oh man, I should have stayed at the center.” She whimpered.

But she didn’t want to face Kengo. She stopped, looking at her pokenav.

It read: 11:30 pm.

It was late.

She pressed one of the buttons.

A small map appeared on the screen. Dawn studied it. She still had a ways to go.

“Well,” she said, turning her pokenav off, “I guess I’ll just camp out here tonight.”

She quickly found a small clearing, and set up camp.

When she was done, she had a small fire going.

It wasn’t much of a camp, but it worked.

She sighed.

“I’m so hungry.” She said quietly, and quickly made herself a late dinner.

She had skipped it earlier, so a late night one would have to do.

Once she had finished eating, she took two pokeballs from her bad, releasing the pokemon.

Buneary and Piplup looked at their trainer happily.

“Hi guys,” Dawn said quietly, smiling sadly.

“Lup!”

“Buneary!”

They both jumped into Dawn’s lap, and then they all stared at the fire together.

They watched as the flames danced in the night, lighting up their quier faces.

Dawn’s eyes teared up slighty and she continued to stare into the fire.

Suddenly, she saw something.

There, in the flames, was Kengo.

“You know very well what’s wrong Dawn! It’s obvious that you like him; I thought differently until now.”

Dawn flinched.

“Not like that you idiot! Didn’t I just explain it!? It’s called comforting someone, and being sensitive to their feelings. But, obviously, you’re not smart enough to figure that out Dawn! Why don’t you just go back with your ‘true love’!?”

“Why?” she whispered, and a tear rolled down her pretty face.

Drew’s words flashed back in her mind.

“You love him, don’t you?”

She started to cry quietly, closing her eyes, and seeing the one who she was avoiding. Kengo.

Dawn felt someone gently touch her cheek. She opened her eyes.
    Buneary had reached out her little paw and was resting it on her cheek in comfort. Dawn’s pokemon were looking at her with concern.

“Piplup?”

Dawn wipped her tears away.

“I’m ok. Please don’t worry about it.” She reassured her pokemon.

“Buneary,” the little bunny said quietly.

Dawn stared at the fire, memories of her childhood flashing before her eyes.

~Kengo~

Kengo held out his small hand out to Dawn, his cute red hair falling over his face.

“Come on Dawn, let’s go play in the park!”

“Ok!” Dawn laughed.

~Dawn~
    She shuddered.

~Kengo~

She was lying on the ground, a cut bleeding on her knee. Kengo ran up to her.

“Dawn, are you ok?”

She looked up at him, and he gently hugged her, telling her that she would be ok.

~Dawn~

Kengo walked into the center. He felt terrible for yelling at Dawn like that, and he really wanted to talk to her. He wanted to tell her that he was sorry, and that he hadn't meant what he had said.

He walked up to Joy.

“Hi, have you seen Dawn anywhere? She has blue hair, and came here with me the other day…”

“No, I’m sorry, but she left awhile ago.”

“What!? She left!?”

“Yes, I’m sorry. She did tell me that she was going to the next town though.”

“Oh, thank you.”

“By the way, is your name Kengo?”

“Yes it is.”

“Here, Dawn told me to give this to a person who goes by the name Kengo, and I’m guessing that’s you.”

She took something from behind the counter and handed it to Kengo.

He took it and looked at it.

It was a letter.

“Thank you Nurse Joy.” He said, and then ran up to his room.

Once he was inside, he sat on his bed and opened the letter.

It read:

Dear Kengo,
    I’m sorry, but I’m leaving tonight. I have decided to travel on my own again. This way, maybe, I won’t get hurt. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you seemed to be yelling at me for no reason. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I don’t need someone t owatch me everyday. Not even, as you put it, my ‘true love.’

Kengo flinched. He hadn’t meant to say that.

He continued to read the letter.

You’re one of my oldest, and dearest friends, but I think that things will be easier this way, if we didn’t travel together. I just can’t be around you right now. Good luck.
    Dawn

Kengo put the letter down, tears filling his eyes.
    What was he going to do?

That's chapter 5! I hope you all liked it! Please comment ^^ thanks!

PM list:

HelloKitty17
    miakimluv
    CuteDrew667
    penngrade6
    oreo754

Dawn's Rising Sun

[~littledreamindawn~]

nooooooooo not drew not mean!!!!! oh well it was bound to happen....geez the boy's have just a tad bit of testosterone going dont they?? LOL. i like it mean drew!!! grrr if i was around i would have beat drew silly >_< hitting may like that....*deep breath*.....ok i am better now i liek the ikarishipping i never saw her or kengo on TV so i dont know how they act but it sounds realy good as it is!!! but i am still mad a drew!!!!! *cryes* ok chapter i give it a......6-10 because its a bit confusing how the keep blowing up for no reson

under construction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast