Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

So the trade happened huh? I'm pretty upset about it but If it makes the pokemon happy then I'm all for it. As long as they grow strong along their new trainers then I don't have much to worry about.

The World God Only knows

The trade definitely benefitted both trainers. I think the opening will be updated next episode./

I'm feeling apathetic about the whole trade thing, really. Aipom and Buizel's sudden problems with using the "right" battle style seemed to come out of nowhere this ep. I know lots of you are going on about how there was so much buildup to this, but I still don't see it other than a few throwaway "Aipom's interested in contests!" and "hey, Buizel's an aggressive battler!" bits. Or do those qualify as major buildup nowadays?

That said, it's not really too big of a deal since Ash and Dawn never really used Aipom and Buizel, and those two Pokemon might actually see some use now that they're with the "right" trainers.

On a brighter note, nice to see that James is still hung up about giving up Cacnea. I swear he's the only main character we've ever seen that was affected by a release that didn't take place in that episode, which says something about how DP's trying to be better with this sort of thing.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    That said, it's not really too big of a deal since Ash and Dawn never really used Aipom and Buizel
    Dang, you've got a short memory. You've forgotten the Eterna Gym battle, which just aired in the dub, already.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    On a brighter note, nice to see that James is still hung up about giving up Cacnea. I swear he's the only main character we've ever seen that was affected by a release that didn't take place in that episode, which says something about how DP's trying to be better with this sort of thing.
    That's the only thing I liked about the episode. I've always wanted a character to be affected by a Pokemon release in an episode after the inital release. James just made my day, he showed some emotion! If only Ash would feel some kind of sadness at not having Aipom on his team anymore next episode. Or show that Aipom and Ash still have some kind of a bond. But I guess that's asking for too much.

In this episode, I didn't like the character/Pokemon interactions. Like other people have said, I never thought that Aipom would be so willing to trade, it didn't protest at all.
    Oh well....I may not like it..at all...but it happened and I'll accept it.

I really like Go Go Happy Happy PokePark or whatever it's called, but surprised a Pokemon Sunday song was used.

While the pokemon are better off with the other trainer, now that I reflect upon this episode, I am a bit disappointed the writers took the predictable route. Buizel is great....but so was Aipom. I liked Aipom with Satoshi, Hikari doesnt seem to match with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
    If only Ash would feel some kind of sadness at not having Aipom on his team anymore next episode.
    Why? It's still there. You people who are complaining about the trade really need to get that through your heads. They didn't leave. Aipom and Buizel are still with the group. This trade is nowhere near as big of a deal as many of you are making it out to be. There's no need for flashbacks or sadness or any of that crap.

Didn't they give that "good Pokemon" to a good trainer, so really it's like the trade did nothing in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Why? It's still there. You people who are complaining about the trade really need to get that through your heads. They didn't leave. Aipom and Buizel are still with the group. This trade is nowhere near as big of a deal as many of you are making it out to be. There's no need for flashbacks or sadness or any of that crap.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think there is a distinct difference between actually having a Pokémon compared to just being able to interact with it. The trade bothers me because they had bonding moments in past episodes. I think that even if Ash can still see Aipom whenever he wants to, a normal person would feel some sort of loss, even a small one over the fact that they technically lost something. Aipom may still be there, but it's not "his" anymore (and I'm not trying to make Aipom sound like some sort of property or anything). I still want the writers to show Ash feeling some emotion about it, though. James was able to....

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    she shouldn't have Aipom OR Buizel..... Ash should have them both....Dawn is a crap character, and should stick to her crap pokes like piplup, buneary, pachirisu and whatever little turd shes gonna get next....
    Now this I agree with, it would have been nice for Ash to be able to keep both but oh well. Ask for Ash greaving, give it time people. There's still the next episode, remember the time Ash lended Aipom to Jessie and he felt jealous over it. I think that same thing will happen in the next episode between Dawn and Aipom, but she will ressure him that nothing can break there bond no matter what trainer she will be with.

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    Now this I agree with, it would have been nice for Ash to be able to keep both but oh well.
    Personally i'm glad they did trade, Aipom was nothing but a hinderence to many potential things for Ash's line up. Besides with how more intrested it was getting in contest's it didn't belong on Ash because he doesn't do them.

Ask for Ash greaving, give it time people.
    Who's to say he'll bother with it, as some said in a few episodes it will seem as if nothing happened.

I think that same thing will happen in the next episode between Dawn and Aipom, but she will ressure him that nothing can break there bond no matter what trainer she will be with.
    I disagree on that, her so called crush was nothing more than a cheap facade to get her over to sinnoh(there's no way people would've accepted Aipom being caught in sinnoh either) and now that her true love of contest's has surfaced the outcome was expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Personally i'm glad they did trade, Aipom was nothing but a hinderence to many potential things for Ash's line up. Besides with how more intrested it was getting in contest's it didn't belong on Ash because he doesn't do them.
    Aipom was arguably his strongest pokemon in Sinnoh. It was not affecting him in anything. It wasn't the coolest pokemon but it had potential but now it has more because its doing what she loves.

I disagree on that, her so called crush was nothing more than a cheap facade to get her over to sinnoh(there's no way people would've accepted Aipom being caught in sinnoh either) and now that her true love of contest's has surfaced the outcome was expected.
    I said that same thing in other thread. The crush was an excuse to make her go to Sinnoh. After she was in Sinnoh they started developing her love for contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

Who's to say he'll bother with it, as some said in a few episodes it will seem as if nothing happened.

I see where your coming from Almighty Zard I liked Aipom, but yah its true he didn't exacly fit right on Ash team. I like Buizel with Ash either way. I'm fine with none of that happing, but other people are sad that they didn't seem to get sad about the trade.

This trade made the best sense since a long time. The thing was of because of how both pokemon performed in battles and contests. Buizel wasn't working well with Dawn anyway, so I was glad someone else was able to get it and maybe train it better. Rather it was Ash or whoever else.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
    That's the only thing I liked about the episode. I've always wanted a character to be affected by a Pokemon release in an episode after the inital release. James just made my day, he showed some emotion! If only Ash would feel some kind of sadness at not having Aipom on his team anymore next episode. Or show that Aipom and Ash still have some kind of a bond. But I guess that's asking for too much.

In this episode, I didn't like the character/Pokemon interactions. Like other people have said, I never thought that Aipom would be so willing to trade, it didn't protest at all.
    Oh well....I may not like it..at all...but it happened and I'll accept it.
    Ash already has shown his emotion about how unhappy and unpleased he was when aipom was working with jessie in that episode Borrowing on bad faith. Aipom seemed really happy working with jessie and dawn that made me mad seeing how much she wanted to please ash all throughout battle frontier and the beginning of sinnoh. This was deffinately the time the writers should have shown aipom showing emotion or have been ify or refused to listen to dawns orders. That would have made the episode a WHOLE LOT more interesting and realistic.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

^ I don't think it looks stupid at all, Buizel fits with Ash and after seeing Aipom and her contest moves since Battle Frontier I think she fits right in with Dawn too.

I am not for, nor am I against the trade. I don't mind them being left intact with their original trainers, and I don't mind them trading either.

The episode itself was quite good for being a Kinoshita episode. The battle with TR was excellent with amazing music (was that the pokemon sunday music? It really fits with that scene when they fight TR though =D) I almost shivered to be honest.

8/10 //

I thought it was pretty cool to see Ash's first permanant trade with Dawn. It makes sense too considering Aipom was really into the contest style of battling and paid more attention to Dawn's practice with Zoey than Ash's battle. Same goes for Buizel as it really liked Ash's battles. Overall, this episode was pretty good seeing the trade and how Aipom and Buizel are happy to be with their new trainers.

The trade made a lot of sense and it seemed that everything was planned good. My problem was that between the bad animation, the boring battles and the weak plot the episode didn't stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The trade made a lot of sense and it seemed that everything was planned good. My problem was that between the bad animation, the boring battles and the weak plot the episode didn't stand out.
    Well let's hope Dawn doesn't use the same attacks with Aipom.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm tired of Swift and Tired of Focus Punch.

I love how the anime finally tries to do something new and original, or at least mix things up a bit, and everyone gets on their case about it. xP I mean people act like it was so predictable only because they put foreshadowing in. If they had just made it happen out of the blue, everyone would be, "Wtf, random?!" It makes sense and it mixes things up. I like that.

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    This was deffinately the time the writers should have shown aipom showing emotion or have been ify or refused to listen to dawns orders. That would have made the episode a WHOLE LOT more interesting and realistic.
    Actually, just the opposite. We've seen many times throughout the series that main characters' Pokemon have no problems obeying main characters other than their trainers. For example Misty has battled with Ash's Pokemon before, and Ash has battled with Brock's Lombre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I'm tired of Swift and Tired of Focus Punch.
    Well those attacks are okay, but some variety would be nice.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Angry

GOOD GRAFF PEOPLE!!!!

Do you like it or not?!
    To me the trade made sense and stuff ever through Ash lost Aipom (witch by the way is a good battler) it good for all four of them
    1. Ash gets a strong Pokémon Buizel.
    2. Buizel gets a.....um good trainer of some sort.
    3. Dawn gets a Strong and Counters Ready Aipom.
    4. Aipom get the Training for counters it wants!!!
    so there!!!!!!!!!!

(Pants hard)
    Last edited by Piachu20; 4th December 2007 at 5:41 AM.
    Have a good day you all.
    Here are my frends

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast