Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

Pretty good episode. As usual, Team Rocket were the highlight, such as James's proclamation of being back, in mid blast-off. And of course the afore-mentioned 'Smoked Shades Wobbufet".

So THIS is the trade that spawned a legion of flamewars and Zoey-haters? I don't see the big deal. That trade was perfectly acceptable, we all knew it was going to happen and it works out for the best. My only gripe with that trade was the fact that they had to use a machine, even though Ash and Dawn could've just 'swapped balls'.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    My only gripe with that trade was the fact that they had to use a machine, even though Ash and Dawn could've just 'swapped balls'.
    Actually someone theorized it might actually have to do with the Pokeball itself, even if they swapped balls, Aipom would still belong to Ash and Buizel would still be Dawns so they had to use the machine so they actually belong to the right trainer. The person's theory was more complex but I don't think you want to hear it.

Also this may just be my theory but if it wasn't Ash or Dawn, chances are the machine makes it so a Pokemon will listen to the new trainer. I don't think swapping balls is going to cut it in that case.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Not even in English I was able to enjoy the trade. I love Buizel with Ash and Aipom with Dawn but the episode was just horribly done. It was boring and there was no creativity in the execution of the trade. I thought it was so generic.

Another possibility that's been presented is that the machine may be necessary so the proper registrations for the League/Contests can be exchanged as well. We know that those are tied to the Pokeballs, since IIRC we've seen Nurse Joy check Ash's registration for Leagues by scanning his Pokeballs.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked this episode espically the team rocket bits with James being all emo and the wobbefet voice bit that was funnt. But the trade was ok as well and it made it seem logical with the training before the trade. I probably prefered the previous 2 episodes to this though but thats just me

And again: What a great episode!

A "loss" of one of Team Rocket´s Pokemon influencing the following episode was unique and surprising!
    But what took my by surprise most was the trade between Ash and Dawn. D/P is striking completely new paths and that´s just awesome!!
    If it only would last forever!
    Buizel fits Ash just perfectly (btw, two "monkey"-Pokemon would have been really strange) Another Pokemon with great fighting spirit, so I´m eager to watch their future battles. His team´s development is just a pure pleasure experience! Kepp on going this way, producers!

Moreover the many hilarious underplots should be mentioned:
    Team Rocket crying and hugging each other or Ash and Pikachu running around like having been stinged be a bee(drill lol) amused me a lot.

To come to an end, I don´t see any reasons for criticizing at all.
    Awesome episode which let´s you fell fully glad!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    And again: What a great episode!

A "loss" of one of Team Rocket´s Pokemon influencing the following episode was unique and surprising!
    But what took my by surprise most was the trade between Ash and Dawn. D/P is striking completely new paths and that´s just awesome!!
    If it only would last forever!
    Buizel fits Ash just perfectly (btw, two "monkey"-Pokemon would have been really strange) Another Pokemon with great fighting spirit, so I´m eager to watch their future battles. His team´s development is just a pure pleasure experience! Kepp on going this way, producers!

Moreover the many hilarious underplots should be mentioned:
    Team Rocket crying and hugging each other or Ash and Pikachu running around like having been stinged be a bee(drill lol) amused me a lot.

To come to an end, I don´t see any reasons for criticizing at all.
    Awesome episode which let´s you fell fully glad!
    So it is okay that Aipom and Buizel both had no problem with the trade? Aipom loves Ash, Ash was jealous of Jessie when she used Aipom in a contests, Ash even wanted to be with Aipom for a whole year when it took a crown back in the BF, but apparently nobody really cared about the feelings of the pokemon or of Ash. All what mattered was fighting skill... :/

A few flashbacks would have been nice, or at least let the pokemon act more like themself then like lifeless battle dolls...

Don´t get me wrong, I have no problem with the trade (anymore), but the execution of it was terrible. the episode was animated and written poorly... :/
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

^ I, for one, I'm glad we didn't get another 'BAAAAWWWW I has to give my poketo monsta away' episode.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    So it is okay that Aipom and Buizel both had no problem with the trade? Aipom loves Ash, Ash was jealous of Jessie when she used Aipom in a contests, Ash even wanted to be with Aipom for a whole year when it took a crown back in the BF, but apparently nobody really cared about the feelings of the pokemon or of Ash. All what mattered was fighting skill... :/

A few flashbacks would have been nice, or at least let the pokemon act more like themself then like lifeless battle dolls...

Don´t get me wrong, I have no problem with the trade (anymore), but the execution of it was terrible. the episode was animated and written poorly... :/
    i agree, but i think the only reason that he considered the trade even more was the fact that Aipom wasn't really leaving. if it were any other trainer im pretty sure that he wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Another possibility that's been presented is that the machine may be necessary so the proper registrations for the League/Contests can be exchanged as well. We know that those are tied to the Pokeballs, since IIRC we've seen Nurse Joy check Ash's registration for Leagues by scanning his Pokeballs.
    If thats true, I guess they can also find out if the pokemon was stolen. I guess the trade machine made the trade officil for the offical League/contests.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarofl View Post
    ^ I, for one, I'm glad we didn't get another 'BAAAAWWWW I has to give my poketo monsta away' episode.
    I think the point is they should have never played up the Aipom having a crush on Ash thing if it completely disappeared and showed no emotion over not being his pokemon anymore.

This episode could have had more going on really. The trade was a wise and creative idea (I was one of the first to predict it), although Aipom's love for Ash should have been made clearer. I think they could have each done with a scene featuring the trainer and pokemon, and possibly an overnight gap before the final decision. Cheesy, I know, but it works.

So it is okay that Aipom and Buizel both had no problem with the trade?
    Isn't that kind of the point? We know that Ash & friends always do what's best for their Pokemon, that point has been driven home countless times, so if they really didn't want to be traded, they wouldn't have been.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Agreed . Even fillers get plots more interesting.

I'm happy they traded. I don't think Ash belonged in contests. xp

I Think Ash Deserves Buizel Cause Buizel Loves to Fight and I do Think Dawn Deserves Aipom, Aipom LOOOOOOOOVES Contests, Ash should trade more often
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

For now becoming 'that one episode' I wasn't too amused with the setup. Yes it's original but if there is no conflict or sweaty tension wafting about, how should I exactly care about the fate of those two.

Is Zoey trailing close behind our heroes? How can she make these often casual entrances, what kind of character does Zoey think she is?!
    At least she doesn't warp across the seas like Oak, given his pocket pension.

How disappointing that Ash can sacrifice Aipom as a retainer for contests, yet remain unsupportive of the first Aipom to be king? I don't trust Dawn quite yet to carry the legacy of the amazing Aipom.

Two monkeys in the team does look like overdoing it, both of them in one battle field just questioned their motives. Aipom riding a star is something I'd like Dawn to master. That and Aipom pimp slapping Chimchar.

Ugh the animation fell far below my standards, Cacnea didn't take away too much I hope. Brock's face, Dawn's scarf. Zoey's butt. If the mood wasn't so serious I might have laughed. Ironically Team Rocket is done to perfection.

Good that Jessie, Meowth, and Wobbuffet try to make it up to James, for really hanging him to dry previously. No Team Rocket going solo episode however. Though now Carnivine is need of a move as nice looking as Pin Missile, or a personality to say the least. How nice that Cacnea was removed from the opening, I don't need to miss my favorite bludgeon for 50 episodes.

The strange techno at the end reminded me that the only clear music I heard was the TR theme. Those voices better quit muffling the classics!

5/10 So what's to become of the Great Buizel Ice Rocket now?
    Last edited by Genome; 30th April 2008 at 7:32 AM.

I saw this over the weekend.... meh. It was okay, for a trade EP that is. The writers could've done a MUCH better job at portraying how much Buizel loved to battle and how Aipom loves contests. It also wsn't a hard choice for Dawn or Ash. I know if Pokémon were real, it would be hard for me to trade any of my Pokémon, even if it as to a good friend.

I agree with Cyber. Had they not built up Aipom's attachment to Ash, maybe I wouldn't be so bitter about the trade. Even Dawn mentioned it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

What I would like it is that Ash is Aipom and Buizel in his team.

Personally, I saw the ep as just an extremely dragged out version of the Butterfree/Raticate trade, except no trade back. I mean, they'll see their Pokemon all the time, and they were acting as if they were leaving and never coming back, like a few Pokemon...*COUGH*Pidgeot,Butterfree,Primeape...*EN DCOUGH* Yes, they each had an attachment to their Pokemon, I saw that. I'm not that heartless as to not notice. But they'll see eachother ALL THE TIME.

um why the title of the tread din't got renamed?
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I thought it was Obv that Buizel was gonna be Ash's. Dawn never used Buizel in a contest, but Ash did use Buizel in its first contest, Ironic?
    Plus Aipom was being a little obv with Jessie.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

I don't have a problem with the trades... What I do have a problem is with the story itself... all of the sudden Aipom is in a Deep Astral travel drooling over Dawn's contest training and all of the sudden Buizel is craving for being in Gym battles. I don't know.. this felt so sudden. Aimpom din't have any problems kicking butt before and all of the sudden he justs wants to jump on Stars like a lil monkey? Lazy writing...
    And I came for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle85 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the trades... What I do have a problem is with the story itself... all of the sudden Aipom is in a Deep Astral travel drooling over Dawn's contest training and all of the sudden Buizel is craving for being in Gym battles. I don't know.. this felt so sudden. Aimpom din't have any problems kicking butt before and all of the sudden he justs wants to jump on Stars like a lil monkey? Lazy writing...
    Aipom has had an interest in Contests since the Kanto GF while watching May battle.

Buizel always seemed more battle oriented too, so its not too surprising.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast