Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

It's just stupid that they made Aipom so attached to Ash.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Aipom has had an interest in Contests since the Kanto GF while watching May battle.

Buizel always seemed more battle oriented too, so its not too surprising.

But the interests were hardly showed. that was like Once or two times with Aipom? all the time he invested his energy in kicking butt in the name of Ash, Buizel I know he was wild when they caught him after all he is a water dog. I say.. if the interests were showned more constanly over the episodes, and I just caught up with over 20 episodes..

But good point a few people here did.. What happened with the crush Aipom had?
    And I came for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle85 View Post
    But the interests were hardly showed. that was like Once or two times with Aipom?
    I disagree, it was more than one or two times. Aipom had an interest in contests when it saw May's, then when Dawn was going in her first contest, Aipom again, showed it's interest thus making Ash enter the contest with Aipom. And again in Eterna City Gym, Aipom thought the Gym was a contest and came out of its Pokeball in a an appealing style. And then Aipom showed interest in Dawn's style in this very episode.

As for Buizel it just preferes battling, it doesn't dislike contests but just preferes battling.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

What happened with the crush Aipom had?
    It died down closer to the trade, but it was still there.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

. . . after all he is a water dog. . .
    Buizel is actually a weasel.
    I think it was a little overdramatic. All that's changed is their technical owner. They're not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It's just stupid that they made Aipom so attached to Ash.
    Personally speaking, I fully agree with you. I think it's just a matter that some writer during the Battle Frontier wanted Ash to have an Aipom, and another didn't want to. So they flipped a coin. The Aipom writer won. Then they flipped another coin during the DP season, and the one that didn't want Aipom won the coin toss.

SO, I think Aipom was traded over because someone lost a bet!
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshadow View Post
    Personally speaking, I fully agree with you. I think it's just a matter that some writer during the Battle Frontier wanted Ash to have an Aipom, and another didn't want to. So they flipped a coin. The Aipom writer won. Then they flipped another coin during the DP season, and the one that didn't want Aipom won the coin toss.

SO, I think Aipom was traded over because someone lost a bet!
    You can't seruosly suggesting that Pokemon is decided on a coin flip?[/cynicism]

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Aipom and Buizel's switch makes so much sense, since it was pretty obvious from early on in both their appearances if they would prefer contests or battling. At least the show kept us in suspense for a while before they finally had the two pokemon traded. So many episodes later, I still think the writers did the right thing. I also like Jessie and Meowth trying to cheer James up while he's still bummed about Cacnea.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    Aipom and Buizel's switch makes so much sense, since it was pretty obvious from early on in both their appearances if they would prefer contests or battling. At least the show kept us in suspense for a while before they finally had the two pokemon traded. So many episodes later, I still think the writers did the right thing. I also like Jessie and Meowth trying to cheer James up while he's still bummed about Cacnea.
    On the topic of Cacnea, I'm suspicious that they'll bring it back into James roster. After all, James is still very attached to it, as emphasized by the first Jun episode, and I'm sure he would love to see it again.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Aipon's Swift is a contest move.
    Buizel's Water Gun is battle style.
    It is obvious that they should be traded. ^~^

I think they made the right choice in trading, i don't think Aipom was ever completely happy with Gym battles and Buizel was never going to change it's style to suit contests.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    I think they made the right choice in trading, i don't think Aipom was ever completely happy with Gym battles and Buizel was never going to change it's style to suit contests.
    I think that Aipom was happy in Gym Battles,even beat Geodude and Roseraid.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was alright, with quite a big twist and we got to see the personalities of each pokemon. Some bit were just plain boring though, seeming to be heading nowhere (mabye because i missed a bit of the episode?). Nevertheless, it was an okay and slightly predictable episode.
    7/10.

pretty good episode i had a feeling that they would back out at the last second and not trade

Nice to see that Ash and Dawn trade Pokemons together....they really fit
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Wow I never thought I'd see the day where a main character trades Pokemon with another main character.

I thought it was none of Zoey's business and she shouldn't have interfered with Ash and Dawn. By trading away their Pokemon, they also traded away their memories basically.

Buizel might look better on Ash's team, but at what cost to Dawn? She was given Aipom who wasn't so strong to begin with :/ 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Buizel might look better on Ash's team, but at what cost to Dawn? She was given Aipom who wasn't so strong to begin with :/ 2/10
    The same aipom who knocked out Roark's Geodude, and Gardenia's Roserade?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I like the trade in this episode.It was a great idea.We got A Pokemon that likes battles on they right side and a Pokemon that likes contest`s on the right side.Good Call.

10/10

When I'm not playing Tomodachi Life, Alfonzo is in charge of running
    Windfall Island. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

I think the Aipom & Buizel trade made a lot of sense. Buizel is obviously more of a fighter and fits better with Ash doing Gym battles,especially considering it's background before it was captured, and Aipom is more jolly and has a more "center of attention" personality which goes well with contest. So all in all I think it was a good trade and a good episode.

Well, before Chimchar intro, my favourite Ash's pokemon was Aipom.

Whatever, now it's my favourite Dawn's Pokemon. Aipom has really skills in the contests as Buizel in fighting.

Plus... both pokemon/trainers are in the same team so, good trade !

Thumbs up

I saw the episode today and I must admit that I really liked it. Obviously, it was hinted from the start that Aipom likes contest and now finally writers got a chance with a Buizel more interested in battles rather than performance.

Anyway, I liked how the Pokemon payed more attention on the opposite training than on their own, but I just wish Ash had some kind of farewell with Aipom. Ah well, they ARE still together. (at least until Ambipom leaves) And one more thing...I LOVED how writers broke the rule which implied 'Ash will never trade Pokemon' by doing it with the female protagonist. That's just one of many rule breaks anime is going to do.

I thought the trade was a good idea since Buizel liked battling more and since the GF in Kanto Aipom has always liked contests, so I see why Zoey suggested it not a bad idea. And plus it's not like they aren't ever going to see the traded Pokemon again or aleast while Ash and Dawn are traveling together Dawn will still see Buizel (Aipom on the other hand is a different matter since it's gone later on huh).

In a way it was a bit sweet for Jessie and Meowth to try and get a Pokemon for James so he could be happy again (Nice to see that he didn't completely forget about it and was still upset in this episode, although wouldn't stealing Turtwig be better then Buizel considering he seems to favor grass types)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

After 6 intense, emotional episodes in a row, this episode comes as a bit of a relief. It's a peaceful episode, with Ash and Dawn trading pokemon with each other.

Zoey has a pretty good appearance here. She is the one who suggests that Dawn and Ash make a trade, but she does not try to force them when they initially cannot do it. It's a nice little touch of sensitivity from her.

The beginning of the episode continues the trend of Zoey finding our heroes in a weird, slightly embarrassing situation. Ash and Pikachu do their best Shaggy and Scooby impersonations (Pikachu's smile gives the impression that it's in heaven, ha ha). But I wasn't as bothered by it this time since the recent Chimchar episode began with Brock snapping at Ash for complaining about lunch (a funny moment; see, Zoey is not needed to get a laugh); so the scene in this episode did not feel so much out of character.

Zoey smiles at Ash's encouragement of Dawn when Dawn gets intimidated by the tv news of Kenny winning 2 contests (in a row? Shame on me for not taking good notes), and I think it reinforces what happened at the beginning of the Tag Battle Arc, when Zoey asks Ash and Brock to convince Dawn to enter the tournament rather than doing it herself. In fact (hope this is not just a dubbing thing), Zoey remarks that Kenny is really on a role to make the gang aware of her presence, and that really is not what Dawn wanted to hear right then. Ash comes to the rescue by telling Dawn not to worry, as she will catch up and then be better than Kenny, causing Dawn to smile in appreciation (sorry, another one of my favorite Ash/Dawn moments). Zoey's smile in response shows that she is glad Ash can provide that type of support, b/c she's incapable of doing it herself (seems to be against her nature).

To end this review on a bit of a light note, there are a bunch of fun ideas you can apply to Aipom's and Buizel's expressions during the training. My favorite one is when Aipom is watching with a frown as Glameow uses Buizel's water attacks to make a sparkly appeal, as if Aipom is in disbelief that this appeal is being used for what feels like the millionth time. To show real creativity, Aipom makes a swift appeal (and it looked nice, too).

I'm glad this trade happened.

Buizel and Ash are just a better fit.

Same with Aipom and Dawn. They just click better.
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

Buizel fits perfectly in Ash's team....Although it would fit into Paul's team as well

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast