Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keystone Pops! (524)

HA My mistake, didn't realize how I spelt the word till now. Thanks for the correction Dogasu. That old guy is creepy looking might I say, forgot to add that in my other post LOL. But yah there must be a reason why the writers added the aura into the series, normally they don't mention movies like this in the series. The only other movie they did that with was movie 2.

They also mentioned LaRousse city (the setting of the Deoxys movie) in the "Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!" two-parter and in the Kanto Grand Festival (since LaRousee City is Shuu's hometown).

Don't know why everyone ignores that.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They also mentioned LaRousse city (the setting of the Deoxys movie) in the "Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!" two-parter and in the Kanto Grand Festival (since LaRousee City is Shuu's hometown).

Don't know why everyone ignores that.
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's because of the fact that the Pokémon Ranger said it, not Ash and co. . Also because after Solana mentions it, Ash and co. don't make any mention of it themselves in saying something along the lines of "yeah, we were there too" type of thing. I'm thinking the reason why people remember the movie 2000 connection is because Ash actually says he saw on in the Orange Islands.

And I have not seen this episode. I might, but I'll probably wait till it gets to NA before I watch it(as I have so far).

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Yeah, but they kinda oddly danced around the fact Ash and Co. was there.

Anyway, during Team Rocket's motto (which was awesome,despite it being basically a recycled motto with different clothes) at the end, what was up with the Torkoal-Arbok-Phanphy thing? I think it's suppose to be some old-world belief that the world was held up by Elephants on a Tortoise, and I think a snake was involved...but anyone know exactly where this originated from?

This was essentially an less-humorous version of the Claydol episode. I mean, you had the crazy old fart and everything. That doesn't make it a bad episode, per se, as it was still superior to your average filler, and a great one from an artistic standpoint with some pretty creative and entertaining expressions. There were a few parts to laugh at, also. I loved Mikaruge's voice, which captured its spooky aura perfectly.

And for the record, I believe the first occurence of Movie 9 BGM was the Electrike episode (the scene where Jessie is trying to escape).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    This was essentially an less-humorous version of the Claydol episode. I mean, you had the crazy old fart and everything. That doesn't make it a bad episode, per se, as it was still superior to your average filler, and a great one from an artistic standpoint with some pretty creative and entertaining expressions. There were a few parts to laugh at, also. I loved Mikaruge's voice, which captured its spooky aura perfectly.

And for the record, I believe the first occurence of Movie 9 BGM was the Electrike episode (the scene where Jessie is trying to escape).
    Plus, Dark Pulse looked wicked in this episode. I am so hoping one of Ash's pokemon learns it.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's because of the fact that the Pokémon Ranger said it, not Ash and co. . Also because after Solana mentions it, Ash and co. don't make any mention of it themselves in saying something along the lines of "yeah, we were there too" type of thing.
    Joi cut them off before they could make any such comment.

I imagine they didn't mention it later because there was no real need to. I mean, with the cave collapsing and their traveling companion trapped in another dimension and all that, they didn't really have the time to get all nostalgic about an adventure they had earlier.

Either way, LaRousse City, a location in one of the movies, was mentioned several times in the TV series, meaning that it exists there as well.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Why was Spiritomb following Team Rocket around? The episode looks really good though.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

This explains the Rocket Motto:

in hindu mythology, the world is supposed to be held up by four elephants, who are in turn, stand upon a giant tortoise, who in turn, is on top of a giant cobra who floats and a gigantic sea of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Cool religious references. I just hope it isn't edited like rice balls were by
    4Kids.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

WOW this Ep was great. the part when Ash and co. coped team rockets motto was lol and when they fell into the hole XD
    (I Mean team Rocket Fell into it) they have do it to Ash so many times I say pay back time
    Have a good day you all.
    Here are my frends

I find it kinda weird that Ash didn't use any aura abilities against Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I find it kinda weird that Ash didn't use any aura abilities against Spiritomb.
    The aura abilities he doesn't have, you mean? He has an aura similar to Aarons, that doesn't give him automatic Mad Skillz.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

If I remember correctly, he had to use Aaron's gloves to be able to use his Aura.

Meaning without the gloves, he's as ordinary as anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Steel View Post
    If I remember correctly, he had to use Aaron's gloves to be able to use his Aura.

Ordinary? I don think so. How do you explain about the Timeflower in Movie 8 if not for its Aura.
    Last edited by Sir Lucario; 4th December 2007 at 3:02 PM.
    my team is that good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Elephants on a Turtle is from the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.

Great A'Tuin is the Giant Star Turtle who travels through space, carrying the four giant elephants (named Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon, and Jerakeen) who in turn carry the Discworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lucario View Post
    Ordinary? I don think so. How do you explain about the Timeflower in Movie 8 if not for its Aura.
    That's true. However, how wanting to be a pokemon master (I still can't believe we don't know what that is) can help beat a pokemon is beyond me.

Not quite, it was never stated that Ash needed the gloves to use his Aura its just essumed because he put them on. Ash hasn't trained his Aura though so either way Ash isn't going to beable to use it any time he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Not quite, it was never stated that Ash needed the gloves to use his Aura its just essumed because he put them on. Ash hasn't trained his Aura though so either way Ash isn't going to beable to use it any time he wants.
    Maybe they come out randomly then.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    That's true. However, how wanting to be a pokemon master (I still can't believe we don't know what that is) can help beat a pokemon is beyond me.
    Desire to win much? =P

Ash has always had a desire to become a Pokémon Master. His ambition in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Elephants on a Turtle is from the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.

Great A'Tuin is the Giant Star Turtle who travels through space, carrying the four giant elephants (named Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon, and Jerakeen) who in turn carry the Discworld.
    I'm pretty it's from the Indian ledgend, which Discworld draws from also.

This episode simply was SUPER!!! I enjoyed it really!! I was so excited about seeing this episode because I wanted to see Spiritomb, and I really want to see him again. I think I have a new 2nd favorite
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Desire to win much? =P

Ash has always had a desire to become a Pokémon Master. His ambition in life.
    Heh, maybe that's why Pikachu beat Regice during the BF.

Spiritomb wasn't so smart, getting tricked by Team Rocket. But it was a great episode. I wonder if anyone thought that was like Ash's Dad in the legend. It could have been a relative of him atleast. It was a great Episode, I love the ghost Pokemon, they are great. I still looked like Ominous Wind to me, but it could be Dark Pulse
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

There are alot of japanese seeming things in this episode, kinda makes me wonder what 4kids would've done to it.

anyone else think Satoshi sounded a bit...odd when he was doing the motto?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast