Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Default A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Pastoria Gym! VS Crasher Wake!

Its time for Ash's gym battle against Crasher Wake. In a basic 3 on 3 match, Ash could face one of the hardest challenges of his Sinnoh career. Using Pikachu, Turtwig & Buizel against Gyarados, Quagsire & Floatzel, Ash has to use his Pokémon's strengths to their full potential. Will he win the Fen Badge or does he need to go back to training?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Well that was unexpected (the speculation thread got closed right when I posted so).......I'll ask here: Did Buizel have anything against Floatzel, or did it just battle like normal? By that when Buizel saw Floatzel did Buizel do anything that made it look like there was some rivalry going on between them?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

What's really surprising are Buizel's victories. It didn't win a lot of battles, on screen, sadly. So now, making faint 2 Pokémon in this battle was quite wow-ish, in my opinion. And I thought Pikachu would shine. >:

THE END.

A flawless victory, eh? Pretty surprising.

I'm pleased that this didn't end in yet another down-to-the-wire stand-off, which has been the norm for gym battles since god knows how long. Of course, I'm sure it'll be a pattern they'll no doubt go back to for the majority, if not all, of the remaining gyms, so it's nice to know they could at least do it once.

Does this not also mark Ash's first perfect victory, bar the silly 'overload' crap from Pikachu's corner? I can't even remember a battle using more than one pokémon in which he came out victor with a reserve or two left over.

Buoysel and the Woahmeister have had far too much screentime at this point, so after this victory, I think it would be wise to have them take a backseat for a little while. Let Hiko get a gym win and show off a bit more personallity, have Glion win more people over with it's antics, and of course, more Muku.NONSENSE.

not kind of thing ash usually gets.....

could I ask u guys to post some pics...please?

I guess all the training paid off since Ash won without losing a Pokemon, I am also wondering how Wake reacted to Ash's win.

Does this not also mark Ash's first perfect victory, bar the silly 'overload' crap from Pikachu's corner? I can't even remember a battle using more than one pokémon in which he came out victor with a reserve or two left over.
    Maybe to Gym Battles but there Was Krabby/Kingler vs Mandy
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 19th June 2008 at 1:05 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm surprised at all the withdrawing.. I got kinda confused.

Good battle, but not as good as Veilstone. But this easy victory probably means that Ash is gonna run into trouble at the next gym, we know from the past that Ash isn't good against Ghost types. (vs Dusclops, vs Morty...). And now, he doesn't have Noctowl for Foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    I'm surprised at all the withdrawing.. I got kinda confused.

Good battle, but not as good as Veilstone. But this easy victory probably means that Ash is gonna run into trouble at the next gym, we know from the past that Ash isn't good against Ghost types. (vs Dusclops, vs Morty...). And now, he doesn't have Noctowl for Foresight.
    though gliscor could really hurt if it learns some dark attack by then.......

Turtwig didn't get to do much in this though, and it was the perfect gym for him to do so.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Turtwig didn't get to do much in this though, and it was the perfect gym for him to do so.

Iota
    yeah, turty got totally shafted. what with learning energy ball and this being a water gym, I thought it would shine. It could have taken out quagsire in the least....i mean quaggy is 4x weak against grass...

Could any1 tell me how the Battle was like coz I didn't see the Episode pictures yet?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

It was easy GYM coming after 3 hard GYM battles!!

lol @ buizel using rasengan....well i´m very interested to see this one...ash comes up with a new strategy

Poor Turtwig, all your screentime used by the stupid....whatever hideous creature Buizel is suppose to be. As for gyms, I believe Ash one had to use one pokémon at the Mauville Gym.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow, Turtwig didn't even get a win. So what the hell was that Energy Ball training for? I hope its competing against Byron and who ever the new 8th Gym leader will be, because that training seems like a waste now.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Can anyone tell me the matchups?

oh my, buizel got two wins in this gym

it's certaintly a great day for buizel fans ^^

on a side note, LOOK WHO'S WEAK NOW BEE YATCH!!!

just kidding guys lol

still a good day to be a buizel fanatic though.

Sorry but what where the Matchups in this gym battle.I haven't seen the episode or the pics.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Holy crap, Buizel took out two pokemon? And Ash had a flawless victory? Wow. Just wow. Anyway, how exactly did Pikachu beat Gyarados (because I'm assuming he did)? And what was that Brock was wearing? A jacket or something?

That was a lot of questions...

Finally Ash proves that he actually is growing as a trainer. He swiped the Veilstone Gym with Staravia and now this gym with no defeats.

Now Buizel, rot in the pokeball for at least 5 episodes. I don't want to see you again.

I can see both sides of the argument here. For one, having Ash's final Pokemon take down the gym leader at its final breath has been a cliche ever since the Falkner battle (Kanto battles were either 1 vs. 1, losses, or pity badges), so the writers deserve some credit for mixing things up a bit. Additionally, as Ash gets stronger, having each gym leader get progressively stronger also seems unrealistic if you aren't using game logic. On the other hand, much of the excitement from gym battles comes from the back-and-forth nature of them. What made Veilstone so exciting was how each side seemed to have an edge at times, where the match was always reeling, but remained close at all times.

Of course, this is simply a general analysis. Once I watch the episode later, I'll be back to rip the stuffing out of it like an enraged comic book guy who had just finished watching an odd-numbered Star Trek movie.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Finally Ash proves that he actually is growing as a trainer. He swiped the Veilstone Gym with Staravia and now this gym with no defeats.

Now Buizel, rot in the pokeball for at least 5 episodes. I don't want to see you again.
    Agree time for Gligar spotlight.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Of course, this is simply a general analysis. Once I watch the episode later, I'll be back to rip the stuffing out of it like an enraged comic book guy who had just finished watching an odd-numbered Star Trek movie.
    Yes because you have been too serious lately and it's kinda... well... scary!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast