Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bibarel Gnaws Best! (525)

I hated Bibarel but in this episode I liked it. I always thought it looked dumb and I always wanted to release it but I couldn’t because in the games you can’t release a pokemon that is super happy. I thought Bibarel was absolutely funny and hot. Yes, It was hot, the way it battled was hot.

Sometimes I think Iwane takes the term monkey too seriously. I know Chimchar is obviously a monkey but when Ash called it out with everyone it looked like a dumb monkey. I felt that too in the final episode of the Tag Battle Tournament and I think Iwane was the animation director too.

love Happiny. Machamp only carried 3 rocks, then we see Pikachu and Piplup struggling with one rock and then comes Happiny carrying like 10 rocks without a sweat, lol.

They really got to stop with Rhydon and Magmar. I mean, it’s too much of them together. However I wonder if Buizel got a powerup this episode because after a long time it actually won something, with one attack.

Sudowoodo was awesome with the Razor Leaf. It’s those moments that make me dream about how awesome this anime would be with more Sudowoodo and Happiny.

Quite a boring filler IMO. 3/10.

This episode was good. It was funny when Brock ran after the girl and almost fell off the bridge. A Boss Fantasy was classic and good to see again. It was funny when Bibarel ate Brock’s food, and then went back to relaxing. It was cool to see Iron Head. It was nice to see Croagunk get his Poison Jab in.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I've seen the episode today, and I seem to like it. Bibarel wearing a headband = total awesomeness.

This episode was okay, but it seemed rather boring to me. Brock was hilarious, as always!
    Signatures are overrated.

What did they dub Isis's name as? Isis is the green haired chick and IMO even hotter than Chigusa which makes her the hottest filler charcter ever in the CC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair View Post
    What did they dub Isis's name as? Isis is the green haired chick and IMO even hotter than Chigusa which makes her the hottest filler charcter ever in the CC Universe.
    It seemed to be the same name.

These episode is a little better when you actually watch it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Tell me, is this the first time when "Ii Kanji" was translated properly?

Pretty nice episode for a filler. Yeah, it recycled the "rotten exec who is only thinking of himself and not the safety of others, pushing anyone out of his way to get work done" cliche, and the director did look something like my friend Cullen would watch, but the Bibarel was bad-*****. Even when Ash's Pokemon couldn't save it, it broke out itself.

Nice to see some Pokemon violently resist being kidnapped by the Unholy Trio. I was getting sick of "Jessie and James steal a Pokemon and force the heroes to search for them".
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

The first half of this ep was boring but the second half was better because of Metang/Aggron/Magmar/Rhydon.

Yeah, that last bit with them all fighting was the only good thing about the ep.

This filler kind of reminded me of Johto, go figure.

This episode was ok i liked the character of Isis she was kinda cool. I also liked the idea that she was a breeder as well like brock. The director kinda scared me though i dunno why though. It was also good to see a bibarel as well as i hadnt seen one before this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    It seemed to be the same name.
    That's a first I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Ray View Post
    Nice to see some Pokemon violently resist being kidnapped by the Unholy Trio. I was getting sick of "Jessie and James steal a Pokemon and force the heroes to search for them".
    If Bibarel is able to use its teeth to carve solid bedrock, I honestly don't see why it couldn't break out of "jail".

And who says beavers are lame?

I myself enjoyed this episode quite a bit. The fact that Brock overreacted to a "damsell in distress" was quite the hilarity. The overuse of the headbands was pretty neat, but I'm curious if they actually were some of the actual bands used in the game. It would have actually been neat to see what it would have done to improve Bibarel.

That Engineer looks a lot like Gutsman, but that could also be because that's the only other characer that I know that blatantly looks like that. I found the fact that Bibarel was surprisingly protective of the quarry and just bashed upon Rhydon.

Kudos to Brock for actually using Sudowoodo's Mimic for something other than cheering. It shows that he knows what he's doing... sort of.

Did anyone else but me notice that the boss fantasy had something that resembled the "Great Wall of China"? It just struck me as kind of funny.

I'm glad to see who they're using to voice some of the "old guy" characters (in case you were wondering, it was obviously Jimmy Zoppi as it sounds quite a bit like Prof. Oak).

Yes! I actually was right! The table Brock pulls out from his backpack is a collapsible one that does fold some incredible amount. Hehe, and to think, I do pay attention to this show... maybe a little too much.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

not a Bidoof or Bibarel fan so didnt really like this episode all too well just had some funny parts but rest of the episode was a bit...meh

A nice and entertaining episode with an elaborated plot and awesome battle action!

But two questions remain unsolved (perhaps you know an answer as I couldn´t find one within the episode):

1.) Why wasn´t Bibarel up for working anymore ? Missing its master couldn´t have been the only crucial reason because in this case it should have been obviously sad but not simply lazy.

2.) Why did the master actually leave ? Why didn´t he just keep on visiting his old friend?

Nevertheless an awesome episode which I enjoyed much!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode gave me some good old Johto Nostalgia, I do admit that I kind of like this episode (kind of).
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    2.) Why did the master actually leave ? Why didn´t he just keep on visiting his old friend?
    He clearly says he repaired the blueprints to the bridge design. He then goes to show what the old bridge would have done, and then shows that he actually has new blueprints.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

FRANK!!!! He should have been named that. Or at least should have been given a name, period.

It's nice to see Bella Hudson and Dan Green doing voices in this ep. It seem they got enough brains to quit 4Kids, at least that's what I believe.

I wonder how many will follow, or at least, how many of the original cast members (Veronica et al) will do the same.

I still don't support SOVA's beliefs, just so we're clear on this. >_>

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

I'm REALLY starting to get depressed about how the artists are portraying the physical steel attacks.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    He clearly says he repaired the blueprints to the bridge design. He then goes to show what the old bridge would have done, and then shows that he actually has new blueprints.

~C_L~
    But why such a secretiveness about his pretended aching back? Why didn´t the old man simply tell the truth especially to Bibarel. By gesticulating the beaver Pokemon then could have shown our heroes that there´s noting wrong with it but that it´s only waiting for his master to return! In this case the initial misunderstanding could have been avoided.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I don't know why, but this was the only episode even in japanese that I couldn't watch fully through.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

The head engineer looked like a freakin' Muppet!
    And Bibarel looked awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    But why such a secretiveness about his pretended aching back? Why didn´t the old man simply tell the truth especially to Bibarel. By gesticulating the beaver Pokemon then could have shown our heroes that there´s noting wrong with it but that it´s only waiting for his master to return! In this case the initial misunderstanding could have been avoided.
    The whole thing was just a bad plot device. The writers needed a reason for the Bibarel to be lazy and uncooperative.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi View Post
    It's nice to see Bella Hudson and Dan Green doing voices in this ep. It seem they got enough brains to quit 4Kids, at least that's what I believe.
    As much as I want to believe that, I doubt it. I can't find any proof. The VAs are probably imitations of Bella Hudson and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    The head engineer looked like a freakin' Muppet!
    And Bibarel looked awesome!
    Just wait till Reiji's Bibarel appears, it'll be VERY surprising.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast