Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loading error in diamond/pearl

Default loading error in diamond/pearl

Ok, so I picked it up today, but...have a bit of a problem. After I saved it and tried to load it after turning the pack off, I got the following message right after the title screen:

[Screen message]
    A communication error has occured.

If you were in the Union Room, you will be returned there.
    In all other cases, you will be returned to wherever you last saved.
    Please press the A button.
    [/Screen Message]

So anyways, after "pressing the A button", it just sits there for a while and doesn't load or anything. Does anyone have this problem too? And I saved in the middle of a field just outside the first town. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I would think factory resetting will solve this problem... I wonder why it's doning that though, you should contact nintendo...
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

What I did to fix that was set the clock ahead a minute.

Email Nintendo, you may have a problem there.
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Uh-Oh..

Where'd you buy it from..

Was it a reliable store?

Picked it up from EB games...atleast they still have a game guarantee, hope they honour it

Quote Originally Posted by pilupswine View Post
    Picked it up from EB games...atleast they still have a game guarantee, hope they honour it
    You should take it back first thing tommorow and show the manager the glitch and they should give you a full refund.

h0tsh0tz is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by M3T4GR055 View Post
    You should take it back first thing tommorow and show the manager the glitch and they should give you a full refund.
    Or ask for an replacement.

Pokemon Pearl; Name - Pearl, FC - [coming soon]

Yeah..ak for a replacement...I noe its painful not being abe to play...just hang on!
    ~Back After a Long Break~
    ~Quit Pokemon~
    ~Full Time Halo 3~
    ~Sorry~

I just bought pokemon pearl, saved, restarted and tried to play. I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster. This is such ********

Weird thing is that the roms also tend to do this,it could be something with the DS's settings.

Must have been a ROM.I think Fr/Lg roms have a similar error.

|Banner made by me|Guildinn Username: Deception|
    |Currently reading:Artemis fowl series|

[Check out the Other sigs made by me!]

I think it has to do with the clock...

What I did to fix that was set the clock ahead a minute.
    Yeah, you guys should try that.

You won't get a new one. It specifically states in the instruction booklet that that error may happen occasionally and they apologize for any inconvenience it causes ~.~

Am I the only one who reads the booklet? XD

Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

No, just the warranty section. I usually read everything else thats related to the game like the instructions and all while Im in a car going home to play it.

Spoiler:- If you watch "Doctor Who" and play Pokemon Platinum, this will blow your mind:

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    You won't get a new one. It specifically states in the instruction booklet that that error may happen occasionally and they apologize for any inconvenience it causes ~.~

I did, but i was too excited to look at it for long.
    On topic: That hapened to me once but that was because it happened when it was supposed too, i lost reception while battling myself(i know, i had 2 ds's, diamond and pearl, and i wanted to see what it'd look like)
    Proud member of the Christian Alliance
    Please visit my forum, yes it hardly has any members at all, but you can change that ,DragonFire
    Deoxys is ultimate!!!!!!!!

No, it's not a ROM, and yes, I got a new cartridge from the store. I brought my DS and the game, and showed him what was happening. He took one look at it and said "Wow, that's messed up" and exchanged it. Want to know what else? The new cartridge does the same thing. I booted up the game, named my trainer, got in to the game hit x to save,waited for the game to finish saving, reset my DS and pressed start at the title screen. The error comes up, I press A, two blank screens indefinately. I phoned Nintendo's support line and the guy had no idea whats going on. I have to mail both my Nintendo DS and my pokemon cartridge to them so they can inspect it and replace/repair whatever is at fault.

The error described in the booklet is completely different, thats when the error occurs during WIFI, and after the error you can still play your game. Either my game or my DS is completely screwed, and I get this error any time I try to play after saving. I can play the game, as long as I never ever save, because as soon as I try to start the game after I get the error. This is happening any time I start up the game after saving. It's completely different. Don't act like I'm not reading the instruction manual, or I'm downloading roms. I went and paid for this game, and my Nintendo DS the same way you did.

I can delete the saved data by pressing up, select, and B at the title screen(As described in the instruction manual, " AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO READS IT? XD LOL") and after making a new trainer and saving, as soon as I boot the game back up it gives the same error. Yes, as you can tell I'm somewhat frusterated/annoyed right now. I think you would be too.

This is NOT a WIFI error, It has NOTHING to do with WIFI, I've never even used WIFI on my nintendo DS. This happens any time I boot up the cartridge, after saving, ANYWHERE, no matter how long or how short I played. Maybe you should learn to read the entire post before accusing me of neglecting something obvious in the instruction booklet. I think he made it pretty clear all he did was save and load up the game, and it gives him the error and he can never play.

Either my cartridge(unlikely at this point) or my DS is screwed in some way, and all I can do is send it to nintendo and wait for the replacement. This is not a normal or minor error. This is completely preventing me from playing the game. The product I bought from Nintendo is defective in some way, and all the money I paid is currently going to waste.

As far as the clock goes, yes I've tried that and it doesn't matter what modifications I make to my DS's clock, it doesn't change anything.

Thanks to everyone who posted constructive suggestions. And to those who accused me of using a rom or not reading the manual, thanks for being so ignorant(sarcasm), it's really what I wanted to read when I'm having a genuine problem with something I paid for with my own money.
    Last edited by Pachira; 4th May 2007 at 9:32 PM.

i had this same exact problem except mines loaded fine
    it was when me and my frend was trading or battling in union room or when we were in underground but it was something over WIFI so yea
    FC: 0303 9199 2708

Sort of a late response, but as I said Nintendo asked me to mail it to them. Mailed it on a Friday, and got a new DS in the mail next friday. So if anyone else is having this problem just call nintendo's customer support line. They will make a note of you and they will completely replace your nintendo DS for free. Don't bother e-mailing them, they'll just tell you to reset your game cartridge, and to phone the customer service hotline. Wonder what happened with the original poster? :O

don't know how it happened must be a glitch or somethin

It sounds like the wireless hardware in your DS is faulty. If you've ever paid attention, you'd notice that your DS's power light flashes momentarily at the resume game screen, indicating that it's doing some sort of wireless polling or something. (I don't know why.) If this polling fails, it may give an error message and return you to the title screen, resulting in an endless loop keeping you from playing the game.

I'm glad that they replaced your DS for you.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

Nintendo is very helpful when one of their machines gets truly busted. There was one time I got some fatal error with my Gamecube playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, so I took it to an authorized Nintendo Repair Center. They took it in, and a week later, I got a replacement Gamecube in the mail.

Phone hotlines are usually full of inexperienced people trained only to handle some of the most commonly-asked questions; some are even from places like India and South Africa. E-mail hotlines are far too congested for the people to deal with on an individual basis.

Sorry if this doesn't contribute to the discussion, but it sounds like a hardware problem, and Nintendo always fixes their hardware problems. At the very least, this policy of Nintendo's allows them to quietly release "verison upgrades"; future DSs will most likely have a patch that'll prevent this from happening again.

(I never noticed the little power light flashing, but you're right! I think it has somehting to do with starting up the Mystery Gift.)

Nintendo machines are not crap. They'll reimburse you. Just ask them.
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    If you've ever paid attention, you'd notice that your DS's power light flashes momentarily at the resume game screen, indicating that it's doing some sort of wireless polling or something. (I don't know why.)
    I believe that one of the things it does is checks for a Pokémon Ranger cart that is on wireless and ready to give you the Manaphy egg.

Then why does it continue to do that even after I get Manaphy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast