Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 2262

Thread: The Nicknaming Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Think Togepi View Post
    Is there a place to nickname or change their name back, in D/ Pearl?
    It's at the first floor of the Eterna City Condo

    Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy
    For what it's worth, I think this is a good idea! Nice thinking, Mawile.
    Thank you very much for the comment.
    DS Wi-Fi Matches: W:15, L:6 (No one can win them all.) Taking a break from battling.

    I don't know what else to put here, so I'm just going to leave this here until my brain spits out something useful.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    i called my sneasel, schnitzel in 3rd gen, i was so hungry back then
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjobbb View Post
    And there's Bibby for my Blissey. And raichu, pichoochoo.
    Really? I just nicknamed mine 'Whore'

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SomeWhere Far Away...
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Empoleon-Bubble Jet

    Roserade-WildVine

    Charizard-FireFly

    Honchkrow-DarkSky

    ...yeah, my nicknames are crap.

  5. #30

    Default

    i never nicknamed mine ever
    but i did get in a trade a dodrio named pick it

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    321

    Default

    mmmm here are some nicknames:
    Mismagius-Helloween
    Rampardos-SkullTyrnt(Tyrny beacuse there was no more space for tyrAnt lol)
    Zangoose-MC_Blood

    mmm do you have any good name for a Vaporeon,Dragonite or Foretress?
    SSBB FC:5155-2722-0576

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    i dont nickname mine

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Beautifly - Hana
    Bibarel - Daru
    Monferno - Zuka
    FEED

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    542

    Default

    I usually don't nickname, but sometimes I do for fun. Started my Diamond yesterday and called my Chimchar Info ^^


    Kawaii

    Michi naru sekai no
    yume kara mezamete. . .
    kono hane wo kiroge tobi darsu


    Bishie: Sabaku no Gaara
    Pair: ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Credits: ~.:Northern Lights:.~ <3


    .

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    I nicknamed my Lucario Rukio, my male Riolu Adiuvo, and my female Riolu Rilara. That's it basically though.

  11. #36

    Default

    I named my Ninetales Kitsune
    I named my DDGyara Orochi
    I named my Froslass Yukimenoko

    Just some of mine. ^

    n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Back in the 3rd gen i didn't name my pokemon. I cant remember why i started doing it this gen but i enjoy the process.

    In no particular order:

    Muk: The Muk--Just because Muk is such an awesome name.

    Torkoal: Asher--an appropriate name for what it does

    Medicham: Godhand--Self-explanatory

    Empoleon: Bonaparte--Sounds cool and fits perfectly.

    Driftblim: Goodyear--my friend helped me with this one. Goodyear has been pretty good to me too.

    Magnezone: Thundadome--Me and my friends where talking about Mad Max one day and the rest is history

    Gallade: Sir Gawain-- If you studied British Literature then you don't need to read this....It's from a story called "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" that's part of the Arthurian legend. (King Arthur) he represents both characters of course.

    Weavile: Shifty--i know this awesome Halo player that goes by the name of Shifty....sounded cool so i stole it.

    Hippowdon: QuakerOats--Awesome x10. He was the last of my stable to get a nick. My friend suggested Quaker...i then said "no. Quaker Oats!"

    Staraptor: Rawk Hawk-- He will RAWWWWKKK you! (especially after i re-breed him) If you haven't caught on by now, i took the name from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

    Froslass: Yuki--it begged for a Japanese name so it got one....the first part of its own JP name.

    Dusknoir: Grimy-- Instead of going sinister, i decided to go a bit cute. i think it suits him fine.

    Magmortar: Piros: If there was one pokemon i could name..it would be him...i can't pronounce Magmortar to save my life. anyway...because of the stigma that surrounds poor Piros, I named him after a character from the .hack series who no one likes. This character is also big and hideous.

    Leafeon: Digitalius-- Ah now i remember why i named my pokemon...it was because of this awesome name i thought up. Its the scientific name for plants or flowers. However the spelling is taken from a ship called the "B-1A" from R-type Final.

    Now your probably wondering (or not), "hey, Gardevoir Avatar, Gardevoir sig...where the Gardevoir?" Well, the one i use is my awesome one from emerald so i never named it. besides....Whats a better name than Gardevoir?

    Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight


    Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in a hole
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xain View Post
    Back in the 3rd gen i didn't name my pokemon. I cant remember why i started doing it this gen but i enjoy the process.

    In no particular order:

    Muk: The Muk--Just because Muk is such an awesome name.

    Torkoal: Asher--an appropriate name for what it does

    Medicham: Godhand--Self-explanatory

    Empoleon: Bonaparte--Sounds cool and fits perfectly.

    Driftblim: Goodyear--my friend helped me with this one. Goodyear has been pretty good to me too.

    Magnezone: Thundadome--Me and my friends where talking about Mad Max one day and the rest is history

    Gallade: Sir Gawain-- If you studied British Literature then you don't need to read this....It's from a story called "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" that's part of the Arthurian legend. (King Arthur) he represents both characters of course.

    Weavile: Shifty--i know this awesome Halo player that goes by the name of Shifty....sounded cool so i stole it.

    Hippowdon: QuakerOats--Awesome x10. He was the last of my stable to get a nick. My friend suggested Quaker...i then said "no. Quaker Oats!"

    Staraptor: Rawk Hawk-- He will RAWWWWKKK you! (especially after i re-breed him) If you haven't caught on by now, i took the name from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

    Froslass: Yuki--it begged for a Japanese name so it got one....the first part of its own JP name.

    Dusknoir: Grimy-- Instead of going sinister, i decided to go a bit cute. i think it suits him fine.

    Magmortar: Piros: If there was one pokemon i could name..it would be him...i can't pronounce Magmortar to save my life. anyway...because of the stigma that surrounds poor Piros, I named him after a character from the .hack series who no one likes. This character is also big and hideous.

    Leafeon: Digitalius-- Ah now i remember why i named my pokemon...it was because of this awesome name i thought up. Its the scientific name for plants or flowers. However the spelling is taken from a ship called the "B-1A" from R-type Final.

    Now your probably wondering (or not), "hey, Gardevoir Avatar, Gardevoir sig...where the Gardevoir?" Well, the one i use is my awesome one from emerald so i never named it. besides....Whats a better name than Gardevoir?

    Very good nick names
    I just named my Infernape "Gokazaru"

    Also, I saw one person who named their Castform "Popo". Popo is the nick name of a pokemon in a manga.
    BUNP

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the midst of the unclear
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Steel/Rock type with Adamant nature: Adamantite

    Sceptile: Geico

    (Insert Pokemon you can't think of a nickname for here): No name

    R.I.P. Michael Jackson...and Billy Mays.
    1958 – 2009
    (Credit to smashbros.com for the image)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Invading Pekopon, de arimasu!
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Heh... everyone has a lot nicknames than mine... Now how to list mine...
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyManafi View Post
    I named my Froslass Yukimenoko
    That's what I nicknamed mine.Yukimenoko>>>Froslass

    Swampert/Zuzu(Love that(:
    Empolean/Emperuto
    Roserade/Rozureido
    Drifblim/Fuwaraido
    Ambipom/Etobbosu(SP?)

    I'm not creative...
    beep boop

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in a hole
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    ^
    ......Did you name your swampert after Ruby's swampert (from Pokemon Special)?
    BUNP

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    I'm on a Master Quest
    Posts
    7,199

    Default

    I nickname all of my Pokemon... :X I'll just list a few...

    Santiago/Torterra: My starter. I dunno why I decided to name him that, but I think that name sounds cool...

    Diego/Torterra: This is Santiago's son. Diego is my lv.100 Torterra. I don't really have a reason why I gave him this name either...

    Hungry Bob/Swampert: No comment...

    Alpha/Uxie: The first pixie I caught.

    Beta/Azelf: The second pixie I caught.

    Gamma/Mesprit: The third pixie I caught.

    Tempest/Lucario: I thought it was a cool name for him...

    Carbon/Weavile: It's also kinda random... but she is a Dark Pokemon... and carbon is dark...? lol

    Jet/Yanmega: She's fast! lol Like a jet!

    Guava/Garchomp: Yay! I like this name for her. :3

    Hickory/Staraptor: And I think that suits him well...

    Acuzio/Armaldo: It means 'sharp' and Armaldo has sharp claws... lol

    Zhi/Infernape: I can't remember exactly what this name means. It's the name for some sort of flower. I dunno. I think it suits her too. :P

    Florence/Feraligatr: Very nice for her imo.

    Anvil/Metagross: Seems logical.

    Squishles/Wigglytuff: ...I dunno where that came from, to be honest. :X
    Alpha SapphireL

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My room @_@
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I nicknamed a few of my poke's. Its actually a bit fun.

    Infernape= Kakarot

    Gliscor= Dracula

    Weavile= shadow

    Gyarados= BOO!!

    Staraptor= Falco

    Garchomp= Jaws

    Gengar= King Boo
    FC:3352-9962-9716

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Metagross - Clash
    Weavile - Ripper
    Starmie - Glimmer
    Gengar - Toxicity
    Pikachu - Puka
    Steelix - Axis
    Ampharos - Lampy

    The list goes on...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    ^
    ......Did you name your swampert after Ruby's swampert (from Pokemon Special)?
    Yea, it's awsome!!Manga>Anime FTW

    Anyway, I caught an adamant Jigglypuff, but I don't know what to nickname it. Purin is to short( so is Zuzu, but I accually like that name), I was thinking Puddin',IIRC, means Purin in Japanise(not to sure, can someone tell me it's translation, if any?)
    Last edited by SapphireSwampert; 7th December 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    beep boop

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Lucario : Anubis
    Electivire: Voltage
    Gliscor: Lilith
    Skarmory: Steelwind

    My other two are traded, so ^^;

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I nickname most of mine but my favorite set are

    Flareon - Ifrit
    Glaceon - Shiva
    Jolteon - Ramuh
    Vaporeon - Leviathan
    Espeon - Carbuncle
    Umbreon - Fenrir

    I always like nicknaming mine because then they become less pure numbers and more something I can take pride in if I raise them right.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    I do normally name my team members, but, for some reason I never got around to it. Mine are as follows, and might need the added explanation.

    Infernape is Capsam (from the capuchin monkey and flame, the S bridges the two pieces)
    Skuntank is Arophit (from aroma and mephitidae, the family skunks come from)
    Hippowdon is Barrpota (from barren and hippopotamus)
    Abomasnow is Izzree (from blizzard and tree)
    Floatzel is Seamus (from sea and mustelidae the family otters come from. I do pronounce it Shay-mus, though)
    Drifblim is Zepph (from zeppelin and haunt)
    ***New Signature To Come***

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firemouse View Post
    I nickname most of mine but my favorite set are

    Flareon - Ifrit
    Glaceon - Shiva
    Jolteon - Ramuh
    Vaporeon - Leviathan
    Espeon - Carbuncle
    Umbreon - Fenrir

    I always like nicknaming mine because then they become less pure numbers and more something I can take pride in if I raise them right.

    Heh, pretty cool...a friend of a friend named all of her eevee squad after Greek gods. Carbuncle is great for espeon.....as for fenrir for umbereon.....coulda gone with Ark (dark summon i believe....fenrir is earth/wind....though he could be dark in FF11...) or better yet Atomos. (atomos is actually very fitting considering what a conventinal Umbreon does)
    You know someone has named their salamence Bahamut.

    Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight


    Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •