Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard Battle Rules - Learn them

Default Standard Battle Rules - Learn them

Below there are the most used rules used here in the forum.

When you just say Standard rules, you're immediately agreeing with them when opening a thread.
    • Sleep Clause
    You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disconsidered from Sleep Clause.
    • Species Clause
    You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team.
    • Evasion Clause
    You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion.
    • OHKO Clause
    You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.
    • No Hacks
    Don't need to explain, you are prohibited to use any illegally obtained Pokémon. Hacking parents to breed is also unaccepted, but people can't control this just looking at the stats. Hacking Pokémon with "legit stats" is also not allowed.
    • No Ubers
    Uber Pokémon are overpowered Pokémon. Since these are "Standard Rules" you have to use the "Standard Pokémon".
    The current uber list:
    Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Garchomp
    Giratina
    Giratina-O
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Latias
    Latios
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Salamence
    Shaymin-S
    Wobbuffet
    Wynaut
    • ***Note: In Standard Uber Battles, these Pokemon are allowed. In UU/NU battles, only Pokemon in the specific tier and below are allowed. This means you can use NU Pokemon on a UU team, but not UU Pokemon on a NU team. All other clauses are the same for a Standard battle that uses a different tier.

• No Hax Items
    These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are:
    Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, Lansat Berry, Stick and Lucky Punch. Note: Scope Lens, Razor Claw and Stick are hax items, but they are the only ones allowed in competitive play, as they just increase the odds of something that can already happen.

• No Disconnecting
    You can't turn off your DS or move away from signal range to end a battle. People can have weak routers so don't always fight with the people if he/she disconnected. Not exactly a rule, but an ethic sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the rules that most people play, and below there're unusual rules usually applied, but it's outside of Standard:
        Spoiler:- NOT STANDARD RULES!:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The list may seen big, but they're easy to remember.

These (the standard) are the main ones you'll use in any kind of battle, but we also have variations for the Standard battles, and they are:

• Double Battle
      Introduced in third generation, battle with four Pokémon in the arena, two from one side, two from opponent's. Very diferent style with a wider range of decisions you have to make in one turn.
    • IV Battle
      While breeding, if you wanna know accurately your Pokémon's IVs, this is what you should do. Set a battle to level 100, write down the stats and calculate until you got the Pokémon you were looking for.
    • Roulette Battle
      A battle that you use all your competitive Pokémon. First of all, you must be honest while doing a Roulette Battle (Actually, you should in all battles, but this gets special care). Before asking/answering to a Roulette Battle you should organize all your competitive Pokémon in your box(es) in a random order, but without spaces, both battlers count how many Pokémon they have and the player randomly chooses six numbers from the total his opponent said. The number corresponds to the position the Pokémon is in the box and the player has to use those Pokémon in the battle, the first number your opponent wrote also corresponds to the first Pokémon you'll send in the battle. Then it's just a standard battle! Meaning you can't bring Uber Pokémon, you can't use hax items, you can't sleep two opponent's Pokémon, all standard rules include, unless your opponent says his own rules.
    • UU Battle
      Again, a simple standard battle, but not only Uber Pokémon are excluded, OU and BL Pokémon also are banned in rule number 6.
    • Monotype Battle
      Another variation from a standard battle. Your entire team must have one type in common among all Pokémon. Double types are allowed, the only thing required is that one of the Pokémon's type has to match with the rest of the team's type.
    • Everything goes battle
      A battle people who are not into the competitive play use. It means that no rules are applied, hence, everything is allowed.

Done! If there are more rules that I forgot, then sorry, post them here and I'll add it. Any doubts about the rules, just post here and we may help you.
    Last edited by BaldWombat; 26th July 2010 at 5:00 PM. Reason: Added Mence to Uber list
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

on the hax items list i believe shed shell is a hax item, volteon.

Check out The Aurora Gate, full of members, for Pokemon, Brawl and much more!

Very nice.

This should help all the newbies that keep on asking about Clauses and the like.

I believe Self OHKO is not part of the standard rules....

I may be wrong but i dont think i am.

Good Job However Volteon this should be stickied!

EDIT: Also another rule which is NOT listed and is NOT standard is the switching clause which few people play with. its where no one can switch out by switching or baton passing etc. Te only way to change is when a pokemon faints or if you get roared/whirlwinded out
    * Profile | YouTube *
    * FC: 3694 8038 6320 *

is anybody online im ready
    the one and only...... ME!
    pbr fc:4596-7222-3441
    pearl fc:3866 5547 2994
    hg fc: 3610 6144 6158

Quote Originally Posted by pokedude001 View Post
    is anybody online im ready
    Make your own thread.

And I agree with PokeProMaster, this should be stickified.

I don't think Shed Shell is a hax item. It just makes you free from trapping moves/abilities, no odds related.

I never saw people writing self KO in their threads, so I'm taking it off from standard. And this "No switching" is not a rule, it's pure evilness O_o Well, I'm adding it! Keep commenting.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    I don't think Shed Shell is a hax item. It just makes you free from trapping moves/abilities, no odds related.

I never saw people writing self KO in their threads, so I'm taking it off from standard. And this "No switching" is not a rule, it's pure evilness O_o Well, I'm adding it! Keep commenting.
    Yeah no switching is evil but ive seen people play with it on youtube its just really rare. But if it is made up, then so is the skarm/bliss rule surely!!!!

Skarm/bliss would never be banned from Nintendo Tourneys...
    * Profile | YouTube *

Lol SkarmBliss is useless anyhow . With MixApe lurkign around everywhere.
    Nicely done Volteon, you might want to add the dumbest rule ever, imo. 'legends clause'.

hehe, also what about this rule:

'Freeze Clause' - I just crack up when i see people put this... When i joined marriland a lot of people posted this clause... i mean how is it possible to use a freeze clause!! ban ice beam, blizzard etc etc lol.
    * Profile | YouTube *

Is Scope Lens a Hax Item? Weird that they tell on Smogon to give Absol a Scope Lens then...

Freeze Clause lol, yeah. Banning Tri Attacks and all Ice Moves that may induce freeze is as close as you can get to freeze close. But that'd be dumbest thing ever. There's no way stopping chomp when 'psuedo-freeze clause' is enabled.

I actually thought about Freeze Clause. But since it's impossible to keep track in Wi-fi I decided to skip it. BTW, Freeze Clause is like Sleep Clause but for freezing. NetBattle can do this since if there's a Pokémon frost, it can just ignore the freeze percentage.

O_o how could I forget the Legend thing!?

EDIT: Well, I suppose Scope lens and all the others who increase Crit.Hit odds are hax items, since it relies on percentages to activate, like al the others. Well, thinking deeper now, all moves can Critical Hit, unlike King's Rock that can make an unflinchable move ....flinchable O.o Makes sense. I'll get more info about it then I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Volteon; 5th December 2007 at 8:05 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by PokeProMaster View Post
    hehe, also what about this rule:

'Freeze Clause' - I just crack up when i see people put this... When i joined marriland a lot of people posted this clause... i mean how is it possible to use a freeze clause!! ban ice beam, blizzard etc etc lol.
    lol, with Freeze Clause are Dragons unstopable!

Volteon, I didn't know you were a Netbattler. <3

Anyway, yeah. Add no legends to the non-standard, and IMO make no legends and no SkarmBliss to Definately not standard. <_>

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    EDIT: Well, I suppose Scope lens and all the others who increase Crit.Hit odds are hax items, since it relies on percentages to activate, like al the others. Well, thinking deeper now, all moves can Critical Hit, unlike King's Rock that can make an unflinchable move ....flinchable O.o Makes sense. I'll get more info about it then I'll see what I can do.
    But then you also need to ban high critical moves and flinch moves and that's weird.

Flinch Moves and High crit moves are fine. Just not items, since they boost move that don't, too. At least, I think that's part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenSniper View Post
    Flinch Moves and High crit moves are fine. Just not items, since they boost move that don't, too. At least, I think that's part of it.
    I dont think its a hax item, i think the only hax items that are inflicting something, like Brightpowder, Lax Incese for Accurrey, Quick Claw for Speed, Kings Rock and stuff for flinch, Focus Band for surviving but Crititical Hit dont matter that much, like Volteon said: Every attack can be Critical Hit.

I would agree to removing Scope Lense and Razor Claw from the hax items list. According to Smogon, a Pokemon with Scope Lense has the same chance of landing a critical hit as Super Luck Absol does with Sucker Punch and Sceptile does with Leaf Blade. On the other hand, the Lansat berry and Focus Energy increase the user's chances of landing a critical hit by twice that of Scope Lense.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    I would agree to removing Scope Lense and Razor Claw from the hax items list. According to Smogon, a Pokemon with Scope Lense has the same chance of landing a critical hit as Super Luck Absol does with Sucker Punch and Sceptile does with Leaf Blade. On the other hand, the Lansat berry and Focus Energy increase the user's chances of landing a critical hit by twice that of Scope Lense.
    But Focus Energy is a attack and for Lansat Berry you need to lose HP. So you need to do something before it activates so you cant ban that.

hax items are anything that isn't 100% certain that the effect will occur.

so leave them on there.

berries that boost stats when HP is down are ok.
    Last edited by super groudon; 5th December 2007 at 9:10 PM.

Check out The Aurora Gate, full of members, for Pokemon, Brawl and much more!

I have to agree with above poster.
    Surf wasn't made to have Leaf Blade's Critical Hit chance just like Shadow Ball wasn't made to miss or High Jump Kick wasn't made to flinch.

I've PMed SkittyOnWailord to sticky this thread. I hope he comes online soon. He's not on since december 3rd. Well, I don't wanna bother mods a lot, but if he doesn't comes, I'll PM another mod/admin.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Self KO is a standard clause while Hax Items clausing isn't standard.

Hax Items aren't actually banned, they are perfectly fine, even on competiitve simulators like NetBattle / Shoddy. It's just that they are frowned upon for forcing more luck then is originally in the game.

Evasion clauses isn't standard either, but no-one half decent / self respecting would bother with evasion.
    Hey unfaithful!

musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

this helps alot thanks volteon, planning on having my first wifi battle this afternoon so ty again
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

It should be noted that items such as Scope Lens are eprfectly fine on a pokémon that takes extra advantage of it, such as Absol with super luck.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast