Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard Battle Rules - Learn them

And Scope Lens and Sniper, it that ok too then?

Btw, i met a person on Wifi who wanted to battle with Confusion Clause, no moves that can cause confusion like Supersonic, Confuse Ray, Confusion etc., maybe you can add that.

Hax items and Evasion are standard, not everyone respects other people. Have you ever faced someone with Dusknoir using Double team? AAce (The only used 100% hit move that hurts it) barely scratches it and Pressure consumes a lot of PP. Well, I did face one, in my second Wi-Fi battle... bad past.

And I'll make a separate note about Scope Lens since it seems that's the only accepted Hax item.

Confusion Clause is interesting, I'm adding in the non standard. I think it also blocks DynamichPunch No Guard Machamp.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Nah, i faced a Double Team Garchomp in Sandstorm. Thát one is really deadly!

Confusion clause? That'd ruin Lanturn. ;_;

Seriously, you can just switch out of confusion anyway. >_>

But I see what you mean though, with the 50% chance and all.

Confusion clause , no way should that be added.... you cant possible stop moves like dynmaic punch or confusion and they are RARELY used anyway...
    * Profile | YouTube *
    * FC: 3694 8038 6320 *

Added Confusion and the note about Scope Lens.
    also bumping trying to keep it in the first page for some mod read it ...
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Two things I would like to point out about the clauses.

1) Evasion Clause only applies to moves like Double Team that raise your evasion. Sand Attack and other moves that make the opponents evasion decrese are still ok.

2) Self KO - NOT STANDARD should also have Perish Song listed.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Oh yeah, Perish Song, thanks! and I don't know what I thought about adding Sand Attack and the like in Evasion clause >_> Thanks for pointing
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

if focus band is a hax item, why is focus sash not included? they basically do the same thing...
    friend codes:
    diamond - 2235 9887 2777
    platinum - 4426 4220 5970
    white - 4985 5040 1077

Focus Sash doesn't rely in luck to activate. It just activates if user has full HP, any Spike damage you get, you have an wasted item, and when it's activated, you lose the item.
    Focus Band in the other hand relies in luck to activate and can activate even if you have 1 HP, multiple times.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

This should seriously go up as a sticky~
    koala 1890 7835 5788

Serebiiforums crashes on me often for some random reason.

Please wait a bit if I don't answer for a bit.

In the ways of items, quick claw should clearly be on the Hax item list! 20% chance that the slower pokemon will go first, and that can immensely swing a fight.
    Name: Bran
    Friend Code: 4253 1084 3763

PM me if you have a Chansey/Blissey with Wish for trade!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby
    ...but unfortunately being an idiot isn't against the rules. Sadly if it was, most of the forum would be gone

Humm Quick Claw was already listed =P
    Quick Claw is one of the cheapest items btw...

Well, just reposting for someone to see the thread and fortunately sticky it...
    If it doesn't deserve be stickied, then I need a reason ;D
    Seems many people don't understand the rules...
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

I vote for stickied! Only because I faced someone with a quick claw Monday, and i wasn't very happy, because my Tauros (that had a substitute out) SHOULD have defeated his Medichamp, but of course, it went the other way around!

...but unfortunately being an idiot isn't against the rules. Sadly if it was, most of the forum would be gone

Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but what is the use of banning hax items? Aren't they as much of a strategy as a freezing after ice beam, or, a paralysis after Tbolt? I mean, all those rely on luck, I would think a strategy completely dependent on luck falls to a strategy that is without luck items.

Sorry again if this has already been asked, I was too lazy to read through previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioso View Post
    Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but what is the use of banning hax items? Aren't they as much of a strategy as a freezing after ice beam, or, a paralysis after Tbolt? I mean, all those rely on luck, I would think a strategy completely dependent on luck falls to a strategy that is without luck items.

Sorry again if this has already been asked, I was too lazy to read through previous posts.
    It's pretty much so that people don't have any excuse to moan "OMGZORS U CHEATZ! I WUD WON IF U DIDN'T HAV KINGZ ROCK!"

i.e. It because people who think that the game should be entirely strategy didn't like the luck involved.

Of course, I've always wondered why Wide Lens and Zoom lens aren't considered Hax items.
    Last edited by Blazios; 19th December 2007 at 6:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It's pretty much so that people don't have any excuse to moan "OMGZORS U CHEATZ! I WUD WON IF U DIDN'T HAV KINGZ ROCK!"
    Meh, usually my quick claw fails anyway, I'll avoid the rule where enforced =P

So why make the game even more luck based?
    We have already a lot of luck factors, making them in the form of items just make it worse...
    And I don't think you ever battled in Emerald's battle tower and faced one of these Rhydons with Focus Band/Brightpowder...

EDIT: Beaten by one minute...
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

People don't like that kind of chance. yeah, the moves have a chance of an effect, but hardly any are groundbreaking. Yeah, a paralyze from a thunderbolt is annoying, and can affect a match, but the probability of that happening for most effects of moves are not too high, and again, the impact the items can make are huge!
    Like I stated in the previous post, thanks to the quick claw, instead of me defeating his Medichamp without me taking damage (because of substitute from last pokemon faced), he got 2 quick claws, and defeated it, which wasn't supposed to happen, AT ALL!
    Focus Band has a random chance of the pokemon surviving to one. Again, it's a big luck factor that doesn't affect the match a little bit, but can completely swing the battle towards another direction. Also, it IS possible for the person to survive TWICE from a focus band, and once, it happened to me THREE times in a row!

This is why the double team strategies and OHKO's are not normally allowed; it's too much chance to completely swing a match towards another direction. It isn't an addition effect that can cause a negative status; they are effects that instantly (that's a key word there) swing the fight towards the person using these items and strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    So why make the game even more luck based?
    We have already a lot of luck factors, making them in the form of items just make it worse...
    And I don't think you ever battled in Emerald's battle tower and faced one of these Rhydons with Focus Band/Brightpowder...

EDIT: Beaten by one minute...
    Well that's just Battle Tower General Hax. Like Sheer Cold having 99% accuracy.

Yeah, I'm aware that battle tower and the like have higher luck, Nintendo confirmed that, but the BrightPowder example can happen somehow.
    Like in a battle yesterday, I got Critical hitted and Frost, then in the other turn, Frost by the same move, this means - 6%*10%*10% = 0.06%
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware that battle tower and the like have higher luck, Nintendo confirmed that, but the BrightPowder example can happen somehow.
    They CONFIRMED it?

I know it can happen though.

Of course, I've always wondered why Wide Lens and Zoom lens aren't considered Hax items.
    Zoom lens DOES increase the critical-hit ratio, but it has a drawback; the holder has to be slower than the foe. So not everyone can use it effectively, unlike scope lens which does the same thing to ANY pokemon.

But wide lens isn't hax, because it increases accuracy of moves by 10%. It limits how much luck you would have to have to get moves off; you can actually use it as a strategy. For example, I have a Ninetails with Hypnosis and Fire Blast. I know the importance of Hypnosis hitting and Fire Blast's power. So I always have the wide lens on it to increase it's Hypnosis accuracy to 77% and Fire Blast to 93.5%. That's a significant difference.

Ah, okay. Usually for me it was just a little quick claw on medicham and magmortar, because they should be faster than they are, but I got lazy in EV training. =P But I'll abide by the rule where placed.

I actually forgot to reply to this =P
    spawngod already answered, so just adding:
    It's like Scope Lens, the Wide/Zoom lens Pokémon can hit with or without the item, the use of it just gives a little kick to make it more accurate.
    It's not like King's Rock, the item makes a huge list of moves flinchable, when it's not suposed to.

EDIT:
    Good, stickied, thanks!
    Last edited by Volteon; 20th December 2007 at 3:34 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast