Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard Battle Rules - Learn them

cool since when did this got stickied??
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

cooooooooool
    1590-3409-7239(my friend code)

Sweet, this got stickied! Thank you!
    Name: Bran
    Friend Code: 4253 1084 3763

PM me if you have a Chansey/Blissey with Wish for trade!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby
    ...but unfortunately being an idiot isn't against the rules. Sadly if it was, most of the forum would be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    Below there're the most used rules used here in the forum.
    When you just say Standard rules, you're immediately agreeing with them when opening a thread.
    • Sleep Clause
    You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disconsidered from Sleep Clause.
    • Species Clause
    You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team.
    • Evasion Clause
    You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Accupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion.
    • OHKO Clause
    You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.
    • No Hacks
    Don't need to explain, you are prohibited to use any ilegally obtained Pokémon. Hacking parents to breed is also unaccepted, but people can't control this just looking at the stats.
    • No Ubers
    Uber Pokémon are overpowered Pokémon. Since these are "Standard Rules" you have to use the "Standard Pokémon". Click here for a list of Uber Pokémon
    • No Hax Items
    These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are:
    Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang and Scope Lens. (Tell me if I missed some).
    Note: Scope Lens and Razor Claw are considered Hax items, but they are the only one that is accepted normally in Wi-Fi.
    • No Disconnecting
    You can't turn off your DS or move away from signal range to end a battle. People can have weak routers so don't always fight with the people if he/she disconnected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the rules that most people play, and below there're unusual rules usually applied, but it's outside of Standard:
    • Self KO - NOT STANDARD
    You can't use Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Selfdestruct or Explosion to force a tie. People usually dislike the fact he/she lost the last Pokémon in a battle, the rule exists, but it's rarely added as standard since it's also a strategy.
    • Item Clause - NOT STANDARD
    Two Pokémon can't hold same items. Using Trick/Switcheroo in a Pokémon and receiving/getting an item that other Pokémon in your team has doesn't break the clause.
    • Freeze Clause - NOT STANDARD
    Pokémon can't Freeze two Pokémon at once.
    Note: This clause is standard in battle simulators, since if one Pokémon is frost, the program can just ignore the freezing chance the attack has. But it's definately not standard since we never know if an attack is going to freeze.
    • No Weather - NOT STANDARD
    It avoids the use of Hippowdon, Tyranitar and Abomasnow. Just because the battles slow down because of Sandstorm/Hail damage and leftovers recovery every turn.
    • No SkarmBliss - NOT STANDARD
    A dumb rule created by someone unknown that didn't have skills to handle Skarmory and Blissey used in the same team. Definately not standard, but it's there... Also the combination of these aren't as effective as it was in Advance.
    • No Legendaries - NOT STANDARD
    Another rule that avoids the use of Pokémon. The allowed legendaries are as strong as any OverUsed Pokémon, so they're completely fine in the standard play. BUT some people dislike them and decided to block all the legendaries. There's the Uber list to block the unfair legendaries (And Wobbuffet).
    • No Baton Pass chains - NOT STANDARD
    Baton Pass chains are teams that uses a lot of Baton Pass Pokémon to get multiple boosts in a Pokémon.
    • No switching - DEFINATELY NOT STANDARD
    People who are weak at predicting or just thinks switching is a waste of time, use this rule. Good luck at finding someone who agrees with this rule.
    • Confusion Clause - NOT STANDARD
    No attacks that are sure to cause confusion can be used.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The list may seen big, but they're easy to remember.

Done! If there're more rules that I forgot, then sorry, post them here and I'll add it. Any doubts about the rules, just post here and we may help you.
    Except for no hacks, I don't support any of these rules. Mass hypnosis or Double Team are plans too, so people should play however they like without limitations to strategy, though No Ubers Clause is something people should agree on or disregard

And I REALLY don't get the point of No Disconnecting

It still won't stop or dicourage sore losers from disconnecting, and sometimes the connection is just bad or something comes up that causes one player to leave.
    Last edited by POKEMANIACOFTHEYEARPIPLUP; 29th December 2007 at 1:25 AM.
    FC is 1590 3356 0434

Organizer and participant of the New Year's Double Tournament.

http://taguild.tevine.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMANIACOFTHEYEARPIPLUP View Post
    Except for no hacks, I don't support any of these rules. Mass hypnosis or Double Team are plans too, so people should play however they like without limitations to strategy, though No Ubers Clause is something people should agree on or disregard

And I REALLY don't get the point of No Disconnecting

It still won't stop or dicourage sore losers from disconnecting, and sometimes the connection is just bad or something comes up that causes one player to leave.
    Well, i think Double team and sleep clause are standard rules and are even used in D/P Tourneys that have been held. Also, it is very rare you find two trainers agree on letting anything goes rules.... it becomes ALL LUCK when you allow attacks like hypnosis and double team.

No Skill, it becomes complete luck.
    * Profile | YouTube *
    * FC: 3694 8038 6320 *

Not neccesarily true..... and I play anything goes.
    FC is 1590 3356 0434

Organizer and participant of the New Year's Double Tournament.

http://taguild.tevine.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMANIACOFTHEYEARPIPLUP View Post
    Not neccesarily true..... and I play anything goes.
    what is not neccesarily true with what i posted ?
    * Profile | YouTube *

I let the Elite Association use evading moves and sleep moves. That is sorta strategy, because then that allows you to Dragon Dance away or whatever. But I see what you mean, after a few Double teams, even mostly acurate moves like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower rarely ever hit. And after a few Dragon Dances, the battle is really over, because most pokemon can't stand up to a boosted STAB hit or even un-STABbed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by blaziken33 View Post
    I let the Elite Association use evading moves and sleep moves. That is sorta strategy, because then that allows you to Dragon Dance away or whatever. But I see what you mean, after a few Double teams, even mostly acurate moves like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower rarely ever hit. And after a few Dragon Dances, the battle is really over, because most pokemon can't stand up to a boosted STAB hit or even un-STABbed ones.
    theres just one problem with sleep clause, and that is Breloom.

Once its got one pokemon asleep it can put your whole team to sleep, because it can hide behind sub, even when theres a pokemon faster than it, it can allow its sub to die and spore the opponent, then set up sub again and with its ability restore 1/8th of its HP every round it can be pretty much impossible to take down.
    Last edited by PokeProMaster; 2nd January 2008 at 3:51 PM.
    * Profile | YouTube *

Quote Originally Posted by PokeProMaster View Post
    theres just one problem with sleep clause, and that is Breloom.

Once its got one pokemon asleep it can put your whole team to sleep, because it can hide behind sub, even when theres a pokemon faster than it, it can allow its sub to die and spore the opponent, then set up sub again and with its ability restore 1/8th of its HP every round it can be pretty much impossible to take down.
    And Smeargle >_<

and for POKEMANIACOFTHEYEARPIPLUP, this is not a "Use these rules or die" thread, these are the most used rules, and that's what most people agree. if you wanna use your own rules, feel free.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

May i ask if using the move Curse with a ghost pokemon or does that count as the killing self rule? it only takes off half hp each time used.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    May i ask if using the move Curse with a ghost pokemon or does that count as the killing self rule? it only takes off half hp each time used.
    No, the effects happen in diferent times, if you faint, opponent won't. if opponent faints, your Curser will be alive, if opponent faints to Curse damage, your Curser will be alive, so uing it won't break Self KO clause.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

does the confusuion clause include outrage and stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1113 View Post
    It does not.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1113 View Post
    No, Confusion Clause are only attacks that make your opponent confused.

so whats this for, like a battle thread and

PS the shadow trainer im your tourney opponent( i belive)
    I am the 4th gym leader of the DP coast league...fear meh! And this is my gym team!

You are a sexy beast, But even though that is true your Quiz image exeeded 40000 migapixels so i smexxed it up

Should it perhaps be noted that since iirc NFE Pokemon that are not signifigantly different from their final evolutions fall into the same tier as their final evolution Wyanut is techicaly Uber. Not that many people will use it, but Shadow Tag could be reason enough for some.
    Gone to Smogon.
    Be back never.
    STOP PMING ME ABOUT TRADES. I WILL JUST FLAME YOU.

I think they're as effective as UU Pokémon (excluding Wynaut).
    and as for NFE, I think they're more pratical just when the last evolved form has at least one diferent thing. Like Ivysaur vs Venusaur and Electabuzz vs Electivire.
    Ivysaur has nothing that puts it above Venusaur, but Electabuzz has higher speed.
    Yanma has Compoundeyes
    Vigoroth has better ability
    Trapinch can trap, while having the same attack as Flygon
    Eevee can Adaptability (though I don't think that's pratical)
    Shelgon has more defense than Salamence and doesn't have 4x weakness

and many other examples.
    I also use Phione very well in UU battles, it's basically two UU mixed, Glalie and Dewgong.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Volteon, just a reminder, Destiny Bond is an OHKO move. If the opponent is first, you die regardless of life.
    orly?

You can't KO 6 Pokémon with Destiny Bond, and it's not based on luck, and also you need to sacrifice one Pokémon you have in order to KO opponent's.

And that's much different than Sheer Cold/Fissure/Horn Drill/Guillotine.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Why would focus band be banned? It is pretty much the same as Focus Sash except you don't need full health and it is not 100% chance.
    Pimplup is battling again!!
    Record: W: 12/L: 11
    Test Battle
    Last Match: Pimplup 0-darkcrobat 2
    Good Battle!! I predicted like a floundering fish.
    FC: 2664 1697 8539
    **Need RMT Help? Drop me a PM.**
    I will climb...
    Pimplup784's Chaining Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by Pimplup784 View Post
    Why would focus band be banned? It is pretty much the same as Focus Sash except you don't need full health and it is not 100% chance.
    That's why it's banned =P It's not 100%. It is 10%, and the definition of hax items is this. The item that needs luck to activate. Also Focus Sash is one use. If someone gets lucky, a Focus Band can activate twice in a row or infinite times.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    That's why it's banned =P It's not 100%. It is 10%, and the definition of hax items is this. The item that needs luck to activate. Also Focus Sash is one use. If someone gets lucky, a Focus Band can activate twice in a row or infinite times.
    Oh I see... I thought it was 1 use like focus sash. Well, I was proved wrong.
    Pimplup is battling again!!
    Record: W: 12/L: 11
    Test Battle
    Last Match: Pimplup 0-darkcrobat 2
    Good Battle!! I predicted like a floundering fish.
    FC: 2664 1697 8539
    **Need RMT Help? Drop me a PM.**
    I will climb...
    Pimplup784's Chaining Confirmations

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I had an interesting thing come up.(About sleep clause) What if one of your opponants Pokemon is asleep from one of your attacks, they send out another Pokemon with really good DEF. You then slowly run out of PP untill you only have the sleep indusing move left.
    Since the only move you can use would put a 2nd Pokemon to sleep, what would happen?
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    I had an interesting thing come up.(About sleep clause) What if one of your opponants Pokemon is asleep from one of your attacks, they send out another Pokemon with really good DEF. You then slowly run out of PP untill you only have the sleep indusing move left.
    Since the only move you can use would put a 2nd Pokemon to sleep, what would happen?
    good thinking, however i dont think this would happen in most cases but would be possible if you happened to have a singing blissey or something and had a huge stall wall with another opponent.

I also thought this:

What happens if no pokemon on the battle field are asleep, one player sends in breloom with the Effect spore ability and your opponent attacks with a physical attack and gets effect spored and sleep is activated, does this count towards sleep clause or could breloom freely put another pokemon to sleep with spore while the pokemon that got effect spored asleep...
    * Profile | YouTube *

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast