Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2191

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

This is probably a stupid question, but if someone has something offensive in their sig/user title/something you can't report, how would you report them? Would you PM a mod about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but if someone has something offensive in their sig/user title/something you can't report, how would you report them? Would you PM a mod about it?
    Yeah I think PMing a mod would be your best bet. In the Sig Check thread, Nutter.tk says you're free to PM him regarding signatures which break the rules, and I'd imagine signatures/other things with offensive content would fall under the same category.

How do you change your profile pic?

i actually know this one!

•click "settings" on the top right corner of the website page
    •you'll see a column of options on the left. you'll see the titles "my messages", "my subscriptions", and "my settings".
    •under "my settings", you'll see the option "EDIT AVATAR". i think you meant to ask how to change your avatar since you don't even have a profile picture
    •eat a cookie

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

How do you reply to another persons post?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    How do you reply to another persons post?
    By using the "reply with quote" button on the bottom right of the person's post
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    By using the "reply with quote" button on the bottom right of the person's post
    Thanks a bunch

How do you upload a picture onto a post

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    How do you upload a picture onto a post
    Well first right click on the image, copy image URL.
    Then paste it in the box where you type and wrap with [IMG][/IMG] .

How do I close a Fan-art shop?

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    You can PM a moderator of the forum it's in and ask them to close it for you =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    PM the Fan Art mods, Sweet May or Skiyomi, to close your shop.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Private messages and new threads aren't sending for me. I can reply to threads just fine but it won't work if I send a message or start a new thread. What's up?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code; 4210 5213 4326
    Pokemon White Friend Code; 4471 0028 9938

Deino says hello!~

how do you get that thing under your posts to show pokemon that can be on your team

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOreo View Post
    Private messages and new threads aren't sending for me. I can reply to threads just fine but it won't work if I send a message or start a new thread. What's up?
    It might have to do with you being a new member. I'm not sure if new members can send PMs or not, but I'm sure a staff member can check that for you.

As for new threads, that depends on where you're posting the threads. If you're posting, say, a thread in Fan Art Shops, Guilds or Competitive Discussion (or some other sections), threads there need to be approved by a moderator before they become visible to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by daboul View Post
    how do you get that thing under your posts to show pokemon that can be on your team
    As in the thing that appears under all of your posts? That's a signature. You can edit your signature, adding images, texts, smilies, and more, by following this link.

Under settings, what are the "event reminders"? What kind of events are they talking about?

I'm fairly sure they're for private calendar events that a user sets, but I don't think the feature for members to set private calendar events is active on this forum. So there's nothing to worry about there, I believe.

How Do i change my title? I have seen other people with titles that are not predetermined, and I want to know how to do this.
    Do you like Pokémon? Do you like Roleplaying? Then join
    Wild Future
    The new Advanced Pokémon Roleplaying Game! Go to the Welcome Post for an overview, and visit the Rules Thread to learn how everything works. Once you're ready to join, head over to the Registration Thread and get going!

The Saga of Heigon
    A One-Shot Pokémon Fanfic

Everyday I'm Shucklin'

User CP -> Edit profile -> custom usertitle (the first box).

e: forgot it was called settings now
    Last edited by Valoo.; 1st February 2013 at 4:34 PM.

And since you might find User CP a bit difficult to access, you can get to it by clicking 'Settings' at the top right of the page (in the small box that says, "Welcome, ______. Notifications Profile Settings").

User CP
    Edit Profile

I'm not sure how you link pages. Do you have to type the whole URL?
    I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't really have much experience with computers.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I'm not sure how you link pages. Do you have to type the whole URL?
    I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't really have much experience with computers.
    So do you want to post a link to another site over here?

If so, go to whatever page you want to link to, and copy and paste the URL. The URL is in the search bar and probably looks something like www.blahblahblah.com/text Copy that whole URL (by highlighting it with your cursor, right-clicking and clicking "Copy") and then go to where you want to paste the link (eg on Serebii Forums, click Reply in whatever thread) and then you have two options:
    - Right-click and click "Paste" to paste the URL as is (it will appear as www.blahblahblah.com/text)
    - Type some text in the textbox, highlight said text and click on the icon that looks like a chain link in front of the world (text to the "A" button in the toolbox area of the posting area), paste your URL in that box and hit ok. It will appear as: Text

Hope this helps. If I've completely misunderstood your question, please post again, though!

So do you want to post a link to another site over here?

If so, go to whatever page you want to link to, and copy and paste the URL. The URL is in the search bar and probably looks something like www.blahblahblah.com/text Copy that whole URL (by highlighting it with your cursor, right-clicking and clicking "Copy") and then go to where you want to paste the link (eg on Serebii Forums, click Reply in whatever thread) and then you have two options:
    - Right-click and click "Paste" to paste the URL as is (it will appear as www.blahblahblah.com/text)
    - Type some text in the textbox, highlight said text and click on the icon that looks like a chain link in front of the world (text to the "A" button in the toolbox area of the posting area), paste your URL in that box and hit ok. It will appear as: Text
    thanks! that helped.

I accidentally spelled my User name wrong during my sign-up(Sylveon) who should I ask to change it to what it should be?
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylpheon View Post
    I accidentally spelled my User name wrong during my sign-up(Sylveon) who should I ask to change it to what it should be?
    Since you misspelled it, PM one of the admins (their names are those listed in blue on this page) about it and they might fix it for you, though there's no guarantee they'll change it.

e: Turns out someone has already registered the name Sylveon, so I think you're out of luck, sorry. If you still want to change your username to something else, you'll have to wait until April when a Username Change thread will be opened in the Newbie Lounge section.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast