Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2196

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

OK. I can wait.
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

It appears as though luck favored you. The person who originally registered Sylveon already had an account, so I revoked the name from him (and banned it of course). So that's why you got a name change.

If you need anything else feel free to drop someone on staff a PM.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

How do I change the little rectangular image below my title?
    Do you like Pokémon? Do you like Roleplaying? Then join
    Wild Future
    The new Advanced Pokémon Roleplaying Game! Go to the Welcome Post for an overview, and visit the Rules Thread to learn how everything works. Once you're ready to join, head over to the Registration Thread and get going!

The Saga of Heigon
    A One-Shot Pokémon Fanfic

Everyday I'm Shucklin'

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckTsubo View Post
    that changes automatically as you make more posts, it's not something that can be changed by the user
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckTsubo View Post
    click here to see the user titles and how many posts you need for each of them

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Is it considered bad to send a mod/admin a friend request? Just curious, and wanted to know if it was considered rude, because I know how busy they all are (especially Serebii and, well, all of them ).

EDIT: Who is SerebiiBot? And what exactly is an adbot? I've heard that they're bad (adbots), but SerebiiBot is good right? I'm confused!
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 17th February 2013 at 9:10 AM.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Is it considered bad to send a mod/admin a friend request? Just curious, and wanted to know if it was considered rude, because I know how busy they all are (especially Serebii and, well, all of them ).
    No, it's not rude at all and many don't mind, but at the same time most mods (and many normal members are the same) won't accept random friend requests unless you've made the effort to talk to them. Don't get your hopes up on Serebii accepting your friend request though, he's said before that he has hundreds of pending friend requests :P

EDIT: Who is SerebiiBot?
    SerebiiBot is a bot which makes a thread in the Serebii.net Updates section of the forum whenever Serebii posts a new update. You're free to discuss the updates in the relevant threads though most of the discussion takes place in whatever section the news is related to, for example 6th Generation Disc. if news about X & Y surfaces.

And what exactly is an adbot?
    Adbots, also known as spambots, are bots which join forums and just spam ads, pretty much. If you see a post made by an adbot (it should be pretty obvious if you see one; their post probably won't make much sense and will contain heaps of links) just click the triangle at the bottom-left of their post to report it and it'll be deleted and the adbot banned.

I've heard that they're bad (adbots), but SerebiiBot is good right? I'm confused!
    SerebiiBot = good. Other adbots = bad.

Hi. I my signature of a picture keeps going to that little white box and I'm not sure why. Any Idea why? and I would love to stop it.

Here's a link of the picture I keep trying to put:

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...hWg606DSxiIOK0

Never mind fixed it :P
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 20th February 2013 at 3:20 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

How do I make one of those box quotes to quote a previous post.
    Favorite Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    How do I make one of those box quotes to quote a previous post.
    Use the "Reply with Quote" button on the bottom-right of the post you'd like to quote
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I want to know, can mods/admins can read the PMs we send to other members? nya~
    I don't think they can, no. You can forward a message to them and they can act on what you (or the other person) said as if you said it in a normal forum, but no I don't think they can snoop on their own...could be wrong though.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

no we can't read PMs
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I want to know, can mods/admins can read the PMs we send to other members? nya~
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    no we can't read PMs
    Actually, We can only read PMs if you report them, and even then only certain staff get the message. I've only seen one or two PM reports in the Report Section.

There is one type of PM we can read the infraction notices, however we don't read them unless we need to. I don't know what your infractions are for, assuming you have any.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I want to ask because you know... so I know for next time... is it really against the rules to write in a language other than English on your profile/VS?
    岩根雅明=♡

I did a cursory search and didn't find anything, but sorry if this has an obvious answer. Is there any way to change your "Signature Permissions," as detailed on the page where you can edit your signature, to allow for use of proper HTML, or at least non "Basic" BB Code? If so, how? If not, what is the point of even displaying that information if you can't change it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I did a cursory search and didn't find anything, but sorry if this has an obvious answer. Is there any way to change your "Signature Permissions," as detailed on the page where you can edit your signature, to allow for use of proper HTML, or at least non "Basic" BB Code? If so, how? If not, what is the point of even displaying that information if you can't change it?
    No. The point is that we're just simply not allowed to (or permitted to, hence signature permissions) use HTML or 'non-basic BB code' in signatures. The message is just displayed there so we're aware of that.

I have a question, it says it's 15 for a one week infraction, however at the top of the page when you come back it says that if you reach 20 points you'll be banned again, can someone clear this up for me??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Q:

Ever since the great upgrade last year, my email alerts (new messages, subscriptions updates, etc.) have been super wonky. Ex: not getting any, or getting some like MONTHS late.

Is this everyone or just me?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post
    Q:

Ever since the great upgrade last year, my email alerts (new messages, subscriptions updates, etc.) have been super wonky. Ex: not getting any, or getting some like MONTHS late.

me, too. my subscribed subscribed threads should be sending me daily updates but they don't. what i do is regularly check the settings in the top right corner and it tells me recent posts in my subscribed thread

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post
    Q:

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    me, too. my subscribed subscribed threads should be sending me daily updates but they don't. what i do is regularly check the settings in the top right corner and it tells me recent posts in my subscribed thread
    Its' a known issue, but I'm thinking of asking Serebii to look in to it again.. as I'm getting messages from the 8th.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I have a question, it says it's 15 for a one week infraction, however at the top of the page when you come back it says that if you reach 20 points you'll be banned again, can someone clear this up for me??
    That's the old rules there. Unless you drop below 15 active points, or get 30 Active points, you won't be banned again. That is assuming a Custom ban is not given out.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Its' a known issue, but I'm thinking of asking Serebii to look in to it again.. as I'm getting messages from the 8th.

Edit:

That's the old rules there. Unless you drop below 15 active points, or get 30 Active points, you won't be banned again. That is assuming a Custom ban is not given out.
    I asked Serebii about the email thing awhile ago and he said he has no control on that.

So I have 17 right now, I can get up to 30 before I'm banned again unless some expire and I'm below 15??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I asked Serebii about the email thing awhile ago and he said he has no control on that.

So I have 17 right now, I can get up to 30 before I'm banned again unless some expire and I'm below 15??
    Yeah, you're fine until either:
    a) you rack up more infractions and hit 30 active points, giving you a two-week ban, or:
    b) some expire and you drop back below 15, and then you reach 15 again, giving you a one-week ban.

hey I'm having trouble placing a spoiler bar thing in my posts. whenever I try its not shown with the spoiler tag. its comes out like this
    [SPOILER] see it doesn't work. help! [/SPOILER]
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast