Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2189

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

  1. #1026
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Privacy Issue. NO.
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by EpicDragonFlame; 18th May 2011 at 3:08 AM.

  2. #1027
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bowser's Castle
    Posts
    575

    Default

    You know you collect gym badges when your post count hits a specific number. But there is just one problem.
    Why do you get the title 'Marsh Trainer' before 'Soul Trainer'? Surely you need to get a Soul Badge before a Marsh Badge because Team Rocket wouldn't let you in. Can you answer please?
    And is it only mods that can close threads? Because recently I saw some non-mods closing threads. Are they really, or is it minimod?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

    YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

    Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

  3. #1028
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    You know you collect gym badges when your post count hits a specific number. But there is just one problem.
    Why do you get the title 'Marsh Trainer' before 'Soul Trainer'? Surely you need to get a Soul Badge before a Marsh Badge because Team Rocket wouldn't let you in. Can you answer please?
    And is it only mods that can close threads? Because recently I saw some non-mods closing threads. Are they really, or is it minimod?
    Only Staff can Shut threads, but only in areas they can control. In some subforums People can Delete threads they started and take all the replies with it.

    In some threads people will say why it should be shut, such as Ruby/Sapphire remake in GPD. A member of staff is usually alerted at the same time, and they can shut it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  4. #1029
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I know I've been here since January, but something still eludes me: can you change the name of a thread you made?
    I think this got looked over... I know I'm being impatient. I'm sorry...

  5. #1030
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I know I've been here since January, but something still eludes me: can you change the name of a thread you made?
    You use the Thread tools- Edit Thread .. However, Those with Mod powers in the sub-forum are the only ones that can access to this funtion.

    In short, You can't. You can, PM a Mod who may be able to it for you.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  6. #1031
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    You use the Thread tools- Edit Thread .. However, Those with Mod powers in the sub-forum are the only ones that can access to this funtion.

    In short, You can't. You can, PM a Mod who may be able to it for you.
    Okay... thanks. I apologize for being impatient.

  7. #1032
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bowser's Castle
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Only Staff can Shut threads, but only in areas they can control. In some subforums People can Delete threads they started and take all the replies with it.

    In some threads people will say why it should be shut, such as Ruby/Sapphire remake in GPD. A member of staff is usually alerted at the same time, and they can shut it.
    You haven't answered the question about the badges.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

    YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

    Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

  8. #1033
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Honestly, I don't know why it's like that, it was like that when I got here. (Ask Serebii or older staff.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  9. #1034
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Seale, Alabama
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Ok, i want to put a picture in my sig but it says at bottom:
    You may not upload image for my sig and it say i cant have an animated GIF(I dont know what that means) can someone help me?
    i am back and i apologize for my rude behavior before my daparture.

  10. #1035
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by □□□□□ View Post
    Ok, i want to put a picture in my sig but it says at bottom:
    You may not upload image for my sig and it say i cant have an animated GIF(I dont know what that means) can someone help me?
    You can't upload any image directly to the forum, due to server issues. (Even us staff don't use it, who have that option)

    You can use a site Like Photobucket, or any other image host.

    All this is in this guide is slightly out of date, but is still worth reading: http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php...em2#faq_upload
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  11. #1036
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have a question about the Offical Serebii League. Under the official rules, it links to a 4th gen rules page, even though there is a 5th gen rules page out. Here is what it links to: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469309, and here is the 5th gen page: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469319

    So which one is right? The 4th gen one or 5th gen one?

    The reason I ask is some of the pokemon I use are banned in the 4th gen but not 5th gen (specifically latios/latias).

  12. #1037
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Whats up with the " I claim _______." In peoples' signatures? Is it a clan/club thing? Who started the whole "claiming" trend? If you can answer this, I would appreciate it.

  13. #1038

    Default

    i'm no newbie but i do have a question.

    if i decide to turn off the vm system for my profile, when i enable it again, will my previous vms have been deleted?

  14. #1039
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    if i decide to turn off the vm system for my profile, when i enable it again, will my previous vms have been deleted?
    Nope.

  15. #1040
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StonE EdgE View Post
    Whats up with the " I claim _______." In peoples' signatures? Is it a clan/club thing? Who started the whole "claiming" trend? If you can answer this, I would appreciate it.
    Vycksta, there's a whole thread for Pokemon in the GPD or other things in the Misc forums.

    How do I make those Spoiler tags?
    Last edited by Zibdas; 23rd May 2011 at 9:27 PM.

  16. #1041

    Default

    ty lbsweet

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    How do I make those Spoiler tags?
        Spoiler:- {title}:


    [spoiler="{title}"]{content}[/spoiler]

  17. #1042
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quick question: I now I am not neccesarily a noob, but how do you get avatars that aren't on the list of avatars?
    nam nam nam nam

    I got no ideas for a sig

  18. #1043

    Default

    ^ you don't unless you're staff.

  19. #1044
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Krakatoa
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Is there a way to sort members by post count? Just curious.

  20. #1045
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionvsworld View Post
    Quick question: I now I am not neccesarily a noob, but how do you get avatars that aren't on the list of avatars?
    Yeah, it's a staff only thing. (There may be some standard users with Custom Avatars usually, they are former staff.)

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperion33 View Post
    Is there a way to sort members by post count? Just curious.
    Not that I can see. Why you want to know?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  21. #1046
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Why are the words (vertical now)
    T
    e
    e and
    h
    e
    e

    Always replaced by asterisks?

  22. #1047
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    One of the things which Ellie did during a Troll attack which used that name. That week I Permabanned him more times than I did of spam bots, and we where still getting regular Spambots.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  23. #1048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperion33 View Post
    Is there a way to sort members by post count? Just curious.
    Not that I can see. Why you want to know?
    There is actually. Community > Members List > Search Members > Advanced Search > Options > Order Results By Postcount In Descending Order.

  24. #1049
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Why can't I see my sig?

    edit: nevermind. I logged out and logged back in, and now I see it.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  25. #1050
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Far Far Away.
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Where can you post if you want to make friends? (I'm such a n00b...)
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/11tofg5.jpg[/IMG]
    Is someone hungry?

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •