Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2191

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

Also, what is "SPAM"ing?

Adorable beyond comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaLover View Post
    Also, what is "SPAM"ing?
    Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.

Basically saying stuff bearing no relevance to the topic at hand, or stuff that's just generally useless. Like "your team is good" in a Rate my Team section; it doesn't contribute anything of use, so it's spam. That sort of thing.

So basically saying "I LOVE CHEESE!!!" is spam-ing?

Most of the time, yes. It needs to contribute to the discussion or you're spamming.

Unless the thread was "How much do you like cheese?"

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Unless the thread was "How much do you like cheese?"
    Haha. True true! Yah, this really isnt that important: how old is serebii? Also, will we ever get to use custom avatars without being that special kind of person? Just curious…

Haha. True true! Yah, this really isnt that important: how old is serebii? Also, will we ever get to use custom avatars without being that special kind of person? Just curious…
    i think i read somewhere that only mods can use custum avis because if everyone did, it would cause to much strain on the server or something. so unless the server becomes stonger, probably not. sorry.

Joe says server issues, we used to have the one of worst lag known in Pokémon fan sites, and that would kill it. We had a few times where the popularity of the forums killed the site. Adding custom avatars would kill it again. I heard that we're upgrading the server again, but I don't know when.

The way VB3 works is that the server will copy the avatar and when ever you load a page, your avatar is pulled from Serebii's server, not the image host.

Plus, the mods aren't keen of some peoples idea of a child friendly image... (and No I ain't posting.)

As far as I can tell only Staff can change their Avatar to a custom one. Some Former staff have custom Avatars due to that they haven't change it since leaving staff. (Many of those are not active.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

how old is serebii?
    The person or the site? The site has archived news back to 2000, but I think it's a bit older than that, so bordering on 11-12 years. The forums have been around a little less than that, there was a hiccup at one point and everyone had to rejoin in 2004, but it's got a few years on top of that, so maybe 8-10 years at a guess? Serebii himself is.. er.. 26? I don't really know for certain.

Joe is 25, and the site was made in 1999.

Oh, so the guy who owns the website, his actual name is serebii, or is it Joe? Those are the 2 names i've seen.

Oh, so the guy who owns the website, his actual name is serebii, or is it Joe? Those are the 2 names i've seen.
    Serebii's real name is Joe Merrick. According to this page he is indirectly related to the Elephant man, Joseph Merrick: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...i_%28person%29

Well, a Joe Merrick did register the serebii.net Domain: http://whois.domaintools.com/serebii.net

That site says that the company I bought my domain from owns said domain, as I've paid for private listing.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes.

I was thinking about joining Fizzy Bubbles. The thing is, I don't want to join another forum just to join it, which leads to my question:

Do I HAVE to be a member of all three branches of Fizzy Bubbles to join Fizzy Bubbles?
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwho2010 View Post

I was thinking about joining Fizzy Bubbles. The thing is, I don't want to join another forum just to join it, which leads to my question:

Do I HAVE to be a member of all three branches of Fizzy Bubbles to join Fizzy Bubbles?
    I don't even know what Fizzy Bubbles is or how it works, but there are two things you can do:

-Read the Fizzy Bubbles FAQ
    -Ask one of the moderators of the section: Arnold, enchantress or Arc_Angel. They should be able to help you with your questions.

Serebii is a username not a real name, just as 'KoalaLover' is not your real name.

And in regards to Fizzy Bubbles and by extension, PASBL; they are both parts of the forum that pretty much run exclusively from the rest of it. Unless you are a part of those forums, you know very little about them. You'll get the best help by directly asking the moderators of those forums.

Serebii is his screen name and username on the forums. Joe Merrick is his real life name. A lot of people call him Serebii Joe, so people can distinguish whether you are talking about the website or the person.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwho2010 View Post

Pretty much what Razor said, you're better off asking a Mod of that section. For the most part, you know nothing about FB unless you're a part of it, and if you're a part of FB, you don't interact with the rest of the forums. It's kind of weird like that. The Debate Forum seems to act in a similar way.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Where is the list with the updated ranking bars? Y'now, the Unova leaders and all.

thanks adam you da best
    average bi whos ready to try
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Can someone explain what a "clan" is or the battling acadamey? (like the basics) And do they need wifi?

Can someone explain what a "clan" is or the battling acadamey? (like the basics) And do they need wifi?
    A clan is basically a competitive Pokemon group/team. They usually have a theme, ranks, and leaders. Some use wi-fi, and most use PO (Pokemon Online).

A clan is a group of competitive battlers that battle against each other to rank up in their clan. Sometimes there will be clan wars where a leader challenges a leader of another clan. The winning clan gets bragging rights (Some clans have their members rank up after a successful war). Some clans are better than others. Popular clans are Eternal Diversity, Team America, The Battling Academy, etc. Most clans use an application called Pokémon Online to mimic in-game battling because it's faster than using WiFi. If you use WiFi, that's fine but you'll be battling less until you download PO.
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 29th October 2011 at 9:27 PM.

Pretty much a clan is what PikaPika667 and ~Sapphire Sceptile~ explained them to be. And The Battling Academy is one of the clans.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    A clan is a group of competitive battlers that battle against each other to rank up in their clan. Sometimes there will be clan wars where a leader challenges a leader of another clan. The winning clan gets bragging rights (Some clans have their members rank up after a successful war). Some clans are better than others. Popular clans are Eternal Diversity, Team America, The Battling Academy, etc. Most clans use an application called Pokémon Online to mimic in-game battling because it's faster than using WiFi. If you use WiFi, that's fine but you'll be battling less until you download PO.
    Ok, so how do i download P.O.? Is it for the computer?

Ok, so how do i download P.O.? Is it for the computer?
    http://pokemon-online.eu/

Not sure where to post this, but I wanted to know if this picture was available to use as an avatar.

I have checked the Shows avatar section, but I haven't been able to find it. Can someone tell me the exact section and page, if possible. Thanks.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast