Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2203

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

Quote Originally Posted by viker2 View Post
    What is RNG?
    RNG means Random Number Generation. It's much too complicated to explain in a post, so here is a Black/White RNG Guide.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 21st August 2012 at 8:10 AM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Thanks dude!! This really helps!!

I am also having similar problems with images, however a little different.

Adding pokemon sprites to my posts often makes them a little more colorful. For instance, in RMT threads people add the team sprites for visual effects and so on.

I usually do this through Forum BB codes from pokemon sprite sites (pldh, pokemondb- to name a few). However these Forum BB codes do not work anymore. Any tips on this?

If I try to put a sprite of say.. Castform:

The sprite appears in this thread for some odd reason. But for every other thread I post in it does not work. Can someone please tell me why? It is really frustrating me not to be able to put pokemon sprites in my posts.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Where were you trying to put it? The IMG code isn't turned on in every forum.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

I have noticed this is a couple places, most noticeably the General Pokemon Discussion forum. Is it disabled there?

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i had no idea about websites such as imgur and photobucket. thank you. just one quick question: how do you align it? its just something im considering to do
    The alignment tags are [LEFT][/LEFT], [CENTER][/CENTER], and [RIGHT][/RIGHT]. They align content left, center, and right respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I am also having similar problems with images, however a little different.

Adding pokemon sprites to my posts often makes them a little more colorful. For instance, in RMT threads people add the team sprites for visual effects and so on.

I usually do this through Forum BB codes from pokemon sprite sites (pldh, pokemondb- to name a few). However these Forum BB codes do not work anymore. Any tips on this?

If I try to put a sprite of say.. Castform:

The sprite appears in this thread for some odd reason. But for every other thread I post in it does not work. Can someone please tell me why? It is really frustrating me not to be able to put pokemon sprites in my posts.
    Some forums/subforums disable the standard image code. You can bypass this using [IMG139] tags but there IS a reason why images are generally disabled in those sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I have noticed this is a couple places, most noticeably the General Pokemon Discussion forum. Is it disabled there?
    I think image tags don't normally work in GPD. It's a popular place for spammers and adbots so that's why you won't be able to post images there.

Ahh okay, I understand now. Thank you.

You can check the bottom of the page when you are browsing a forum to see whether IMG code is turned off in a specific section.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Yeah, hey, I've noticed that there's no where in the FAQ's or Help sections and whatnot about how to link to any specific post, old or new, that is still visible. I've needed this for advertising my fan fic chapters in my sig. I finally figured out how to do it, but shouldn't there be a little guide so that other people can learn too? You can't expect everyone to know this kind of stuff.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Um, I have a problem. When I try to go and post something, the top list (the bar with the buttons for Spoiler Tags, Colours, etc.) Won't appear, even when I click on go advanced. I know that this is simple form, not WYSIWYG, but I don't know how to change it, I've went to the FAQ, but it didn't say how to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Um, I have a problem. When I try to go and post something, the top list (the bar with the buttons for Spoiler Tags, Colours, etc.) Won't appear, even when I click on go advanced. I know that this is simple form, not WYSIWYG, but I don't know how to change it, I've went to the FAQ, but it didn't say how to change it.
    Well, you can change it to WYSIWYG like this:
    In the Settings tab, go down to 'General Settings'. Then find the division that says 'Miscellaneous Options'. Its right there, titled 'Message Editor Interface:'

Thank you Brutaka! But, how did it change...

Guys, I have a problem. My rank thing under the "cascade trainer" won't change, and I know that I've done more than 54 posts/replies, whatever.

is it possible that the forums you are active in don't count towards your rank? (like the trade forums)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I've been posting in clans and RMT and everything but it won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Haxorus View Post
    I've been posting in clans and RMT and everything but it won't change.
    The threads/subforums you're posting in probably don't count towards your postcount. This thread, for example, does not count towards your postcount. You can post a thousand messages in here, but you will still stay at 54 posts. The posts you made in RMT and the clans are probably what gave you the 54 you have.

You have the correct user title. You have made 54 posts in threads that count towards postcount. You become a Cascade Trainer (that's the title you have now) at 40 posts, and you become a Thunder Trainer at 60 posts. Try posting in a thread or subforum whose posts count towards postcount and see if your postcount goes up (such as threads in the Misc section, or the game help forums). If it doesn't increase, then come back here and let us know.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hello! I don't know if this is how this thread works but could someone tell me how to get an avatar and change what's underneath my username? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmcrocks View Post
    Hello! I don't know if this is how this thread works but could someone tell me how to get an avatar and change what's underneath my username? Thank you in advance.
    Hey Dmcrocks! To change your avatar, go to "Forum Actions" up at the top of the page and click on "Edit Profile". Then, you'll see a toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen. There is a section under it called "My Settings". Under that section there is a link that says "Change Avatar". Click on that and it will bring you to a page where you can choose an avatar. You can't have a custom avatar unless you're a mod.

As for "what's underneath your username", I assume you mean the user rank (the little picture) and not the words, because you've already changed the words to "The Beastly Absol", so you know how to edit that. That little bar-picture underneath your username is called a "user rank". Which one you have changes with the number of posts you've made. Since you've made 0 posts (this thread doesn't count towards postcount), you're a Beginning Trainer and you have a picture of Professor Oak and the three Kanto starters. As you make more and more posts, your user rank will advance through Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. This page shows you all of the user ranks that you can earn. The last one is at 8000 posts.

-------

I am having a problem.Any Image that I try to post appears as an attachment.It has only happened some time ago.Before that I was able to post without this hassle.I have tried the Insert Image button as well as tried the [IMG]link[/IMG] code but it doesn't work?
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Maybe you are trying to post one in sections with it disabled? Sounds odd though. Try editing/posting an image in this thread firstly I guess, and leave it in even if it fails.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Hello! Need some help in regards to my signature. For some reason my sig keeps disappearing and then reappearing for some weird reason. Its there one moment, only to be gone again later.At first I thought it was taken down due to a possible infraction, but I reveiwed every rule, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    In total, my signature is less than 420 pixels vertical, and also less than 600 pixels horizontally( I even reduced it to about 550x350 just for good measure). Also, my font is less than 4(2); there is no html,video,gif, or bmp, and the pictures were not uploaded(and both images are also official screenshots). There are also no links or spoilers; and no offensive content whatsoever.
    I would appreciate any help on this matter, thanks in advance

By sig, do you mean the sig banner? It'd probably be a host problem. You said that you didn't upload with host. You should probably do that. Save the images to your computer, and upload them to Photobucket or Imageshack. Use those. They are generally more reliable.

Yeah, the signature banner. After the initial disappearance I then saved them, and then uploaded to a site. It worked at first but then, surprise, it disappeared again hahah. I'll try to redo it again. Thanks Brutaka!

Edit: Problem finally solved! Thanks for the help
    Last edited by SolidWolverine; 4th October 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Hello all! I was wondering if anybody has a Snorunt? I have a few shinies and other pokemon up for trade. I apologize if this isn't the right spot to talk about trades, still very new to these forums.
    Looking for a Snorunt! Have a few shinies and EV'ed pokemon to offer.

My Twitter

3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast