Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2203

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

For some reason, everbody else can get pictures to work for them.

Whenever I try to post a picture or the jumpy icon, it instead links to the page where I got it from (some even being wrong pages) or just shows up with :12: / ;12;.
    Any idea why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I have a question: When will the usernames be changed? Sorry if this isn't the right place, I am asking here just because the moderator responsible for this is too rude and full of herself to answer any questions.
    Also, does anyone know the answer for the question I posted last month?
    Gen 1/2 Sprites.. if they're missing It shouldn't take that long to add them.. Plus we it's a limited amount of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Well, there's no need to insult the mods, she's probably busy with other commitment outside of the forum. For a lot of us, school assignments and finals are fast approaching.
    Considering we are mid-November already, I'm sure they'll be starting the name change process soon =)
    Yes, Ellie who apparently has chosen to the make the changes, is a little busy with her real life. Kirby recently got Promoted to Admin since the Admins need a little more help in doing their duties. (Well, I know that one admin is actually Server Room Staff, they need the Admin powers to make the changes needed to keep the forum up.)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    For some reason, everbody else can get pictures to work for them.

Whenever I try to post a picture or the jumpy icon, it instead links to the page where I got it from (some even being wrong pages) or just shows up with :12: / ;12;.
    Any idea why this happens?
    Some sub-forums disable the IMG links so it would will appear as a link. At the bottom of the forum and thread pages you can see a box with options. Oh look, video.

As for they need to correctly typed. For Bulbasaur to Kingler, you need to make sure their National dex number has zeros before the actual number.

Bulbasaur is ;001;
    Kingler is ;099;
    Shinx is ;403;

Also if you have "Disable smilies in text" option ticked, they won't appear.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Some sub-forums disable the IMG links so it would will appear as a link.
    I know that, but I'm doing this in Animé Polls, where other users can post picture, sprites and the such, and even with smilies enabled (which they already were), they still do not appear.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I know that, but I'm doing this in Animé Polls, where other users can post picture, sprites and the such, and even with smilies enabled (which they already were), they still do not appear.
    Can you link to an example? I tried looking through your posts but can only see posts in Clubs and General Discussion, and none of them have images in them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Can you link to an example? I tried looking through your posts but can only see posts in Clubs and General Discussion, and none of them have images in them.
    I know, I've used preview post before posting, as I've had problems with pictures in the past.

How do I delete messages in my inbox? Because I'm only allowed a maximum of 200 and I'm approaching that limit, so I'd like to delete some of the older messages to make room for new ones.

Also, why is my 'sent' items folder always empty? I can never view the PMs I've sent to others Is there some setting I need to enable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    How do I delete messages in my inbox? Because I'm only allowed a maximum of 200 and I'm approaching that limit, so I'd like to delete some of the older messages to make room for new ones.

Also, why is my 'sent' items folder always empty? I can never view the PMs I've sent to others Is there some setting I need to enable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Deleting messages: In your Inbox you can either scroll right to the bottom and click 'empty folder', or you can manually check the messages you want to delete (using the checkboxes on the right-hand side, next to the date and time you received the messages) and then click "Selected Messages (_)" --> Delete --> Proceed.

Sent items: On the General Settings page, scroll down to "Messaging & Notification", then down to "Private Messaging". Next to "Sent Private Messages", make sure "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" is checked. Click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page.

Thank you so much zhanton! Both problems solved!
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I have a question: When will the usernames be changed?

April and October, so twice a year.

Sorry if this isn't the right place, I am asking here just because the moderator responsible for this is too rude and full of herself to answer any questions.
    :stare:
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Um this is probly a stupid question but...what is the benefit of joining a permission group?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Um this is probly a stupid question but...what is the benefit of joining a permission group?
    Nothing, really, as far as I know - unless said permission group is Fizzy Bubbles (which you'll need permission for), in which case it enables you to post in the Fizzy Bubbles forum.

didnt insult me huh? calling me full of myself isnt an insult now.. ok. also i have that in my signature because people (like you apparently) cant read anything and send me messages asking the same questions over and over again when they are all answered in the name change thread itself. go read that before whining and complaining.

also i can refuse to change anyone's name for any reason if i want to. just keep that in mind.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Er, another really noob question here...

What does 'vm' stand for? Someone just asked me to vm them and I'm too embarrassed to ask them what vm means because they'll probably think I'm not being serious...I know pm stands for private message...
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Er, another really noob question here...

What does 'vm' stand for? Someone just asked me to vm them and I'm too embarrassed to ask them what vm means because they'll probably think I'm not being serious...I know pm stands for private message...
    Visitor message. They're messages left on one's profile, and can be viewed by anyone (unless the user in question has set their profile to private).

Am I able to see when someone has qouted me? Like maybe in notifications : "this person has qouted you on this thread"
    Because if someone qoute me now, I have to find it out myself o:

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    Am I able to see when someone has qouted me? Like maybe in notifications : "this person has qouted you on this thread"
    Because if someone qoute me now, I have to find it out myself o:
    Nope, atm you can't see when someone has quoted you so yeah you'll have to look for that manually.

There's addons that exist for that sort of thing, but Serebii doesn't like using them for the forum so it's probably not going to happen.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Is there any way to tell if a member is perma-banned as opposed to regular bans that expire? I believe before the big forum upgrade one's avatar would go away if it was permanent but stay if regular.

is there a way i can edit a post without bumping it to the most recent post??
    Last edited by flamebeam; 15th December 2012 at 3:26 AM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    is there a way i can edit a post without bumping it to the most recent post?
    use the edit button on the bottom right of the post you wish to edit
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Is there any way to tell if a member is perma-banned as opposed to regular bans that expire? I believe before the big forum upgrade one's avatar would go away if it was permanent but stay if regular.
    I don't believe so.
    is there a way i can edit a post without bumping it to the most recent post??
    As said above, although I think you just did that anyways.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 15th December 2012 at 3:45 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I leave my profile fully open so that I can check if I get VMs and stuff while I am offline. Now when I try to do so I get the "You aren't logged in or you don't have permission......" page. I can't look at anyone's profile while offline now. Did something happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I leave my profile fully open so that I can check if I get VMs and stuff while I am offline. Now when I try to do so I get the "You aren't logged in or you don't have permission......" page. I can't look at anyone's profile while offline now. Did something happen?
    Yeah the permissions were changed (not sure if temporarily or permanently though) as there was a problem with what guests/those not logged in could see on the activity streams of staff profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Yeah the permissions were changed (not sure if temporarily or permanently though) as there was a problem with what guests/those not logged in could see on the activity streams of staff profiles.
    I see. I noticed I could see what they posted on the private forums where people challenge bans and post private questions. Totally not lurking at all, nope >.>

Then you should have let one of us know about it given there has been numerous attempts to fix that problem. =|

But yes, there you go as to why you can't see stuff when not logged in now.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast