Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2203

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

When trying to post or create a thread, my animated GIFS are way too big. How can I make them smaller?

Example:

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Are you using the right image tags? When I use the [IMG][/IMG] tags, I get this:

[*IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/143.gif[/IMG]

Try doing this in the future (without the asterisk).
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Are you using the right image tags? When I use the [IMG][/IMG] tags, I get this:

[*IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/143.gif[/IMG]

Try doing this in the future (without the asterisk).
    This helps! Thanks!

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

If I want to make a new thread, and I'm not 100% sure if it is compliant with the rules, or even if I think I do but I want to get it pre-authorized to avoid any problems after it is posted, is there any particular mod I should approach about it? I'm asking about Misc specifically in this case, which has five mods, and I figure it doesn't make sense to bother all five for what is basically a stamp of approval.

Hang on, let me test that
    If this works, thanks!

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    If I want to make a new thread, and I'm not 100% sure if it is compliant with the rules, or even if I think I do but I want to get it pre-authorized to avoid any problems after it is posted, is there any particular mod I should approach about it? I'm asking about Misc specifically in this case, which has five mods, and I figure it doesn't make sense to bother all five for what is basically a stamp of approval.
    It doesn't really matter which mod you contact (though it's probably best to contact regular mods since smods and admins have more things to do than just look after their own sections). If you get the thread approved by one of the mods, you can just mention in the OP that it was approved by X.

My postcount seems to be locked at 536 posts. I know it doesn't really matter, but I would appreciate it if I knew a way to fix it.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

some sections don't add to your post count when you make a post (newbie lounge, misc polls, pokepolls, etc). it might just be that you are posting only in those sections? i dunno
    life is
    a game

Are users able to change the title of threads they themselves created? I stumbled upon a possible method to do so, but no change was made afterward. I don't need one of my thread titles changed or anything, just curious if a behind the scenes setting didn't allow the title to change or if what I found was actually nothing.

Nope, it gives you the option but no changes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Are users able to change the title of threads they themselves created? I stumbled upon a possible method to do so, but no change was made afterward. I don't need one of my thread titles changed or anything, just curious if a behind the scenes setting didn't allow the title to change or if what I found was actually nothing.
    Only Staff can change the names of the threads that they moderate. I believe it's a something that Admins/Serebii has set.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I cannot figure out how to delete my account. I tried searching the FAQ and didn't find anything, and I couldn't find it in the edit settings or edit profile control panels . Could someone let me know how to delete my account? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTrainer View Post
    I cannot figure out how to delete my account. I tried searching the FAQ and didn't find anything, and I couldn't find it in the edit settings or edit profile control panels . Could someone let me know how to delete my account? Thanks.
    You can't get your account deleted; if you don't want to use your account again, just don't log in again, or change the password to gibberish and you won't be able to log in in the future.

So it seems the amount of posts per page has increased to 25, was something implemented that changed the default amount of posts (perhaps the Spam Bot elimination method Serebii has been working on)?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    So it seems the amount of posts per page has increased to 25, was something implemented that changed the default amount of posts (perhaps the Spam Bot elimination method Serebii has been working on)?
    what? I see 20 posts/page here

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

is something wrong with my profile? I had the newbie picture underneath my name. Is there a setting to change that I forgot about?

V but I should be up to Coral eye.
    Last edited by Chaos Werewolf; 11th June 2013 at 6:07 PM.

It changes when you reach a certain amount of posts.

How can I change my username?

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by GagaOopsy View Post
    How can I change my username?
    I don't know how you missed it considering it was right below this sticky, but this thread should help: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...IRE-FIRST-POST

Note that name changes can only be requested in April and October.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    I don't know how you missed it considering it was right below this sticky, but this thread
    you should check their join date

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I don't know why, but I keep getting a notification saying 'one unread visitor message' when I've read all of them. Anyway, I usually click on notifications and then inbox to see my older PMs and clear them, but now I can't. So is there any other way of accessing your PMs other than when you get a new PM?

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I don't know why, but I keep getting a notification saying 'one unread visitor message' when I've read all of them. Anyway, I usually click on notifications and then inbox to see my older PMs and clear them, but now I can't. So is there any other way of accessing your PMs other than when you get a new PM?
    1. This can often be solved by posting avisitor message on your profile and deleting it.
    2. Go to "Settings" at the top right of the forum page. Then select "Inbox" from the left. The Notifications link (and the link to the Inbox when you click it) is still there when there is nothing new, so you can also just do it like you usually do.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

i need help i want to uplode a picture of fenniken for my avatar but it wont let m,e

Quote Originally Posted by fenniken View Post
    i need help i want to uplode a picture of fenniken for my avatar but it wont let m,e
    Users can't upload their own pictures for their avatars (you can for profile pictures though but those are only displayed on your profile); you have to choose an avatar from the large gallery of avatars available here. You can access these avatars by clicking on "Settings" at the top-right of the page, then clicking "Edit Avatar" on the left sidebar (underneath "My Settings"). If you can't find it, this link will take you to the page. From there you can choose the category of avatars you want to search through and choose one that you like. There's a Fennekin avatar in the "Official Sugimori Art" category (it's on page 10 for me, but it might be on a different page for you).

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    The same thing has happened to me with VMs...

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast