Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2203

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

  1. #1926
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    What do PO and PS stand for? Thnx
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

    'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

  2. #1927
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hakugyokurou
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Every time that I log out of Sppf, it clears my cookies automatically. How do I make it stop doing this? I think if I can get it to stop auto-clearing my cookies when I log out, and type in "www.serebiiforums.com" instead of "serebiiforums.com", it might solve this.
    I'm not some techy person, but what I do is just not log out.
    When I log in, I check the little "remember me" box. So that I never really log out, SPPf just counts me as offline if I don't do anything for a certain amount of time (5-10 minutes?).
    Since I'm not that worried that someone's gonna get on my computer and do stuff with my account.
    As such I never have problems with cookies.

    Other than that, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    What do PO and PS stand for? Thnx
    PO = Pokemon Online
    PS = Pokemon Showdown

    Both are Pokemon battle simulators. PO you have to download and install, PS you don't.
    The competitive section uses these.

    EDIT: ↓↓↓ If you check Remember Me then you don't need to physically click that Log out button. If you close the window without logging out then go back it should still have you logged in.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 10th September 2013 at 2:10 AM.


  3. #1928
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    I'm not some techy person, but what I do is just not log out.
    When I log in, I check the little "remember me" box. So that I never really log out, SPPf just counts me as offline if I don't do anything for a certain amount of time (5-10 minutes?).
    Since I'm not that worried that someone's gonna get on my computer and do stuff with my account.
    As such I never have problems with cookies.

    Other than that, I have no idea.
    I do click "Remember Me", though, and it still clears my cookies if I log out. I have somewhat solved my issue, though, by typing "www.serebiiforums.com" instead of leaving out the "www" part and also not logging out. If anyone has a more detailed answer, though, I would appreciate it.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  4. #1929
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    How do you add buttons/ banners / images etc to your sig ? This probably a very common question, but I don't get it. Thnx
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

    'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

  5. #1930
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I do click "Remember Me", though, and it still clears my cookies if I log out. I have somewhat solved my issue, though, by typing "www.serebiiforums.com" instead of leaving out the "www" part and also not logging out. If anyone has a more detailed answer, though, I would appreciate it.
    Once it redirects you to the homepage and you're logged out again, just click the header at the top of the skin and it'll reload the page, and you'll be logged in again. I know it's a bit annoying but it's the closest to a fix that I've come across.

    Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    How do you add buttons/ banners / images etc to your sig ? This probably a very common question, but I don't get it. Thnx
    Use this code:

    [IMG]www.website.com/image.png[/IMG]

    Just paste the image link into the code of course.

  6. #1931
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Once it redirects you to the homepage and you're logged out again, just click the header at the top of the skin and it'll reload the page, and you'll be logged in again. I know it's a bit annoying but it's the closest to a fix that I've come across.
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had issues with it

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Use this code:

    [IMG]www.website.com/image.png[/IMG]

    Just paste the image link into the code of course.
    Just to add to this, if you want to put an image, banner, or button in your signature, you need to first upload that image to a photo-hosting site such as photobucket or imgur. You can then click on the IMG tag that the site provides and paste it in your signature. Also, keep in mind that Serebii has limits on how big your images and your sig can be. Images can have a 150,000 pixel dimension, meaning that the width*height can equal up to 150,000. The shiny card in my sig is 600x250 pixels, for example, and 600*250 is 150,000. So make sure that your images aren't any bigger than that.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 10th September 2013 at 5:46 PM.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  7. #1932
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Ok thanks varanus ! I'll use your shiny card as an example . Thnx!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

    'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

  8. #1933
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Small question: I'm familiar with how to change my avatar, but when I select a category to pick an avatar from, it only gives me like 25 avatars from that category. How do I pick from the other ones?
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/20psry0.png[/IMG]
    Name: Xeno
    FC: 4527-8129-1303
    Friend Safari:
    Dragonite made by Equal-to-Heaven
    PM me to get my list of Pokémon I can breed with 5-6 IV's
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jdosnn.gif[/IMG]


  9. #1934
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepperino View Post
    Small question: I'm familiar with how to change my avatar, but when I select a category to pick an avatar from, it only gives me like 25 avatars from that category. How do I pick from the other ones?
    Scroll down a bit more.. there is a change "page" option like on the bottom and top of each page of threads.

    (Staff can choose their own Avatar, as part of the deal.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  10. #1935
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Traverse Town
    Posts
    342

    Default

    How do you add a certain website link to a text/pic in your signature?

    " You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

  11. #1936

    Default

    For an image, wrap the [img] tag in a [url] tag.

    [url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/index.php][img]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/misc/serebiibanner.jpg[/img][/url]

    yields

        Spoiler:


    For text, just wrap the text in the [url] tag.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #1937
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Traverse Town
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    For an image, wrap the [img] tag in a [url] tag.

    [url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/index.php][img]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/misc/serebiibanner.jpg[/img][/url]

    yields

        Spoiler:


    For text, just wrap the text in the [url] tag.
    Thanks! ^^

    " You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

  13. #1938
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    208

    Default

    does anyone know where i can find the avatars that look like this >>>> http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.49372...78296&pid=15.1 ? thanks.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

    Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

  14. #1939
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    does anyone know where i can find the avatars that look like this >>>> http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.49372...78296&pid=15.1 ? thanks.
    They're in the "Pokestar Studios" category.

  15. #1940
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Will the info gathered in the various threads, specifically the dex speculation thread be used in filling out the main site?

    I know the first post of the dex speculation thread had all new pokes and types, and regional dexes but has anyone started a summary of new evolution techniques or how the new pokes evolve?

    Will the speculation threads remain accessible after release?
    LLR

    P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  16. #1941
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    Will the info gathered in the various threads, specifically the dex speculation thread be used in filling out the main site?

    I know the first post of the dex speculation thread had all new pokes and types, and regional dexes but has anyone started a summary of new evolution techniques or how the new pokes evolve?

    Will the speculation threads remain accessible after release?
    More info will be released in the next few days. We've got info that we're deliberately keeping off the main site until the 12th, for legal reasons. I only a looked one or two of the new pages. Serebii.net is known to Nintendo Lawyers and we can't just risk another Lawsuit.

    The way I understand the 6th Gen mods discussions, the Speculation threads may remain Visible but may be shut.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  17. #1942
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    More info will be released in the next few days. We've got info that we're deliberately keeping off the main site until the 12th, for legal reasons. I only a looked one or two of the new pages. Serebii.net is known to Nintendo Lawyers and we can't just risk another Lawsuit.

    The way I understand the 6th Gen mods discussions, the Speculation threads may remain Visible but may be shut.
    I understand the the main site cannot use the info until after game release. But one of the mods mentioned that stats and info would have to be calculated by hand and that staff would have to go through the game to obtain info...let me try to clarify my question.
    Will the staff use the leaks as starting point for their analysis or will they have to start everything from scratch?
    If they are/ or can use information from the community will appropriate threads be started to help them out?
    Last edited by llr; 6th October 2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: corrected question
    LLR

    P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  18. #1943
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    I understand the the main site cannot use the info until after game release. But one of the mods mentioned that stats and info would have to be calculated by hand and that staff would have to go through the game to obtain info...let me try to clarify my question.
    Will the staff use the leaks as starting point for their analysis or will they have to start everything from scratch?
    If they are/ or can use information from the community will appropriate threads be started to help them out?
    More info will be revealed in the next few days.

    Serebii has got plans, but I'm bound by staff rules to not say any more. Technically, I'm not really allowed to say that "More info will be revealed in the next few days."
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  19. #1944
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    More info will be revealed in the next few days.

    Serebii has got plans, but I'm bound by staff rules to not say any more. Technically, I'm not really allowed to say that "More info will be revealed in the next few days."
    Good enough. Thanks.
    LLR

    P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  20. #1945
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I just received a "reputation message". What's that? Sorry if this was mentioned in the FAQ, but I didn't find it.

  21. #1946
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    it means someone gave you reputation. click on "settings" up near your notifications, user name, etc and you can see what it was for, like so

    life is
    a game

  22. #1947
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I'm not that new but I need help! Is there a thread where I can post an in-game moveset for an individual pokemon in a 3rd gen game? For example , I need to know where I can get people's opinions on my in-game blissey in pokemon leafgreen. I now this is lazy of me , but I don't want to spend much time looking for a thread that might not even exist. Anyways, many thanks in advance ^_^!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

    'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

  23. #1948
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    I'm not that new but I need help! Is there a thread where I can post an in-game moveset for an individual pokemon in a 3rd gen game? For example , I need to know where I can get people's opinions on my in-game blissey in pokemon leafgreen. I now this is lazy of me , but I don't want to spend much time looking for a thread that might not even exist. Anyways, many thanks in advance ^_^!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Game-Team-Rate
    life is
    a game

  24. #1949
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Is it possible to somehow get a Notification if somebody quotes me?
    I've looked through the usercp options, but can't find it.

  25. #1950
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Is it possible to somehow get a Notification if somebody quotes me?
    I've looked through the usercp options, but can't find it.
    We looked in to enabling this system and we've have chosen not to. It would slow down the Forum if we did.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •