Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2189

Thread: Newbie Help & FAQ - Please note that this FAQ will be out of date with vB4

Why is everyone "on the road to Viridian City"?

(Hover over the green bar that represents reputation while looking at anyone's post)

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Why is everyone "on the road to Viridian City"?

(Hover over the green bar that represents reputation while looking at anyone's post)
    The text changes as you gain more reputation points. Because the rep system is still pretty new, only a few people have enough rep points to have different text, and 'on the road to Viridian City' is the 'beginning' reputation rank, so to speak.

So hm, what's changed since 2008/9?

Hi! I was just wondering if you could change the little banner that's under your username (ie. the common Prof Oak with Bulbasaur and Charmander)? Or is that in association with how many posts you've made on the forum and it changes automatically?

EDIT: Wow, I sound like an idiot. Please ignore me. I found my answer on the first page...

In-game Name: Monica
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4978-3429

Thank you PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome ResistanceShipping banner!

Hi I was just wondering if someone could explain to me the exact things that will fall under double posting. I always thought that it meant when you post the same thing twice but I got a warning for what looks like not quoting someone when I replied to them. I just wanted to better understand what to do with certain situations as I love this site and wish to not cause any problems for anyone. Thank you for any and all help.
    Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

a double post is making two posts in a row (regardless of content). if you have more to say, edit your post instead of making a new one
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    Hi I was just wondering if someone could explain to me the exact things that will fall under double posting. I always thought that it meant when you post the same thing twice but I got a warning for what looks like not quoting someone when I replied to them. I just wanted to better understand what to do with certain situations as I love this site and wish to not cause any problems for anyone. Thank you for any and all help.
    As Former Staff, I can explain this. If you post twice in a row due to lag or Glitches. You end up with the same post twice. Normally you won't get in to trouble for this. If you post and then immediately post again in the same thread, resulting in two different posts, you may get infraction for this. The moderator responsible for the section can choose to apply infractions. Some sections actually have situations where this is allowed.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    As Former Staff, I can explain this. If you post twice in a row due to lag or Glitches. You end up with the same post twice. Normally you won't get in to trouble for this. If you post and then immediately post again in the same thread, resulting in two different posts, you may get infraction for this. The moderator responsible for the section can choose to apply infractions. Some sections actually have situations where this is allowed.
    I'm not sure if that's what happened or not, maybe it did. If it does happen would they normally delete one of the double posts or both? I went to check the link that I was given to the original post but I couldn't find the post anywhere so I'm really not sure.

Edit: I was going through the forum and I think I get what happened now. I had an earlier post that wasn't to anyone specific and the content was similar in a sense to what I quoted someone about. So it was more along the lines of double content I guess then actual double posting?
    Last edited by TrainerMaria; 1st November 2013 at 3:23 PM.
    Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Figured this would be the best place to ask hope im not wrong :P. So I sent a PM to someone maybe an hour or so ago but the PM wasnt stored in my sent messages. Does it just take a while to show up or was the message not sent at all?
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2wfu2bl.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldBear View Post
    Figured this would be the best place to ask hope im not wrong :P. So I sent a PM to someone maybe an hour or so ago but the PM wasnt stored in my sent messages. Does it just take a while to show up or was the message not sent at all?
    Check your settings, maybe you don't have it set to save a copy to your outbox
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    found it, thanks a bunch didnt know that was a setting.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2wfu2bl.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    it's really dumb and i don't know why it's disabled by default but whatever
    life is
    a game

I'm trying to make my signature a picture that links whoever clicks it to another page, i was told to use the tags [url=*] and stuff, but when i used them i got an error message saying i can't use bb code url's in my signature
    is this because i'm new, or do i have to link the picture another way?
    edit: when editing my signature, it says "Allow Link BB Code: No"
    Last edited by thetuckingfypo; 7th November 2013 at 10:14 PM.
    friend code:3222-5602-6728
    i have an ice safari , and ???
    looking for eevee and ditto, pm if you add my friend code

if you click these guys, it'll really help me out

I'm pretty sure that you can add one, even if you're new.
    Maybe the coding is wrong?
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Here is a list of the codes.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by thetuckingfypo View Post
    I'm trying to make my signature a picture that links whoever clicks it to another page, i was told to use the tags [url=*] and stuff, but when i used them i got an error message saying i can't use bb code url's in my signature
    is this because i'm new, or do i have to link the picture another way?
    edit: when editing my signature, it says "Allow Link BB Code: No"
    It could be that you've not got 10 posts or more. I know that the Admins added a rule for Oak/Starters to not allow links or images in posts, it may also apply to signatures.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

When I pm someone it doesn't show that I've sent anything, can someone help please?

You need to change the option here:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions > Private Messaging > Sent Private Messages: > Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Hello, I am a newbie here.. I am in search of a particular piece of Poke'mon merchandise from back in the heyday (98-'00ish) that I wish to attempt to purchase from anyone on the site, or at least verify that this item exists or not; due to my fuzzy memory.. My question is; where would I need to post my "Where's that Poke'Merch?" question, and would it be against forum rules to do so? I did look through the various sections and none seemed to apply. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chjost3 View Post
    Hello, I am a newbie here.. I am in search of a particular piece of Poke'mon merchandise from back in the heyday (98-'00ish) that I wish to attempt to purchase from anyone on the site, or at least verify that this item exists or not; due to my fuzzy memory.. My question is; where would I need to post my "Where's that Poke'Merch?" question, and would it be against forum rules to do so? I did look through the various sections and none seemed to apply. Thanks for your help.
    I don't know if you would be able to get help here. I know a little bit about merch, so maybe I can help! Feel free to send me a PM.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

My post is being denied in the team building help thread, while it doesn't contain links and has normal words in it. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpoon View Post
    My post is being denied in the team building help thread, while it doesn't contain links and has normal words in it. What can I do?
    Post a few more times in sections that add to your post count. I've had Issues with this in several of the RMT threads. I am a former Staff Member who Moderated the 3rd Gen ingame RMT Section.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpoon View Post
    Does it contain pictures?

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

apparently usage of @ is banned for people under 10 posts too so try not using those
    life is
    a game

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why not allow custom avatars with the only option being a URL link to an externally hosted image? If the whole strain on the server thing is the only issue, that should solve it, right?
    Name: Immortal
    Version: X
    Language: English
    Friend Code: 1821-9082-4379
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Pinsir, Volbeat, Ledyba
    My Shinies: -pyroar- -noibat- -froakie-

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalDreamer View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why not allow custom avatars with the only option being a URL link to an externally hosted image? If the whole strain on the server thing is the only issue, that should solve it, right?
    Except that Issue is how vBulletin works with avatars. It doesn't actually use the an external image server, after you choose an image, it gets copied to the server.

At the time of this post, Serebii.net Forums runs on Version 4.2.2 of vBulletin.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast