Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2295

Thread: [OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

It's an old message which shouldn't be displayed to new users in the first place and should have been disabled ages ago...
    This might have been the issue mentioned but I'm not sure (there were several issues).
    You can ignore it.

Button by WereDragn

Thanks for letting us know that the message is still active, I'll let Serebii know.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

"NEVER MIND ALL THAT!"

so I cant post about in game topics

You might want to be specific. What are you trying to post/what threads can't you post in?

On a hunch, check that you aren't posting urls/images/using the '@' sign in your post. You can't post anywhere with that in your post until you have a postcount of ten. That's to prevent adbots from spamming the forums with advertisements.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

How can I add spoiler tags to my posts???
    Nintendo Fan, especially for Pokémon, Zelda & Fire Emblem.

FC:1693-1645-5618
    NNID: Hazza2001

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    How can I add spoiler tags to my posts???
    By using the following code:
    [spoiler=title]text[/spoiler]
    Result:
        Spoiler:- title:

Button by WereDragn

If you posted in a thread and no one else posted after you for a few days and the thread isn't a week old, are you still allowed to post again or does this count as double posting/spam?

Team Omega Ruby

Mixtape
    Level 27

Dawg
    Level 20

Pekachu
    Level 19

Plane
    Level 18

Quote Originally Posted by JingIeBeIls View Post
    If you posted in a thread and no one else posted after you for a few days and the thread isn't a week old, are you still allowed to post again or does this count as double posting/spam?
    It doesn't matter how much time has passed between posts; if you post twice in a row, you're still double-posting. Did you have a question? You can post a link here to your question and we can help you find a more recent thread for it, or you can VM me or another member if your question isn't getting answered and we can help you.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It doesn't matter how much time has passed between posts; if you post twice in a row, you're still double-posting. Did you have a question? You can post a link here to your question and we can help you find a more recent thread for it, or you can VM me or another member if your question isn't getting answered and we can help you.
    This answered my question, thank you!

Team Omega Ruby

Mixtape
    Level 27

Dawg
    Level 20

Pekachu
    Level 19

Plane
    Level 18

Actually if its something like a game or news thread and new news comes up, you can post it usually

When I log in it still shows the log in buttons etc instead of what I think is supposed to be showing my username because I'll click on forums and then it'll be there, but when I go to the original site itll say that I'm not logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticdelphox View Post
    When I log in it still shows the log in buttons etc instead of what I think is supposed to be showing my username because I'll click on forums and then it'll be there, but when I go to the original site itll say that I'm not logged in.
    Hmm that's strange. have you got the remember me box checked if not then it may be because it logs you out after a certain amount of time of being inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mysticdelphox View Post
    Which URL do you visit the site through?
    It makes a difference whether you log in on serebiiforums.com or www.serebiiforums.com Some links point to the other domain. If you are logged in only on www.serebiiforums.com and click a link without the www you are logged out for example (or the other way around).

Button by WereDragn

I may sound dumb, but how do I upload my customized avatar? It's not in among the options.

It's not in the options because you don't. It strains the server too much to have this many people all uploading custom avatars.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I may sound dumb, but how do I upload my customized avatar? It's not in among the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's not in the options because you don't. It strains the server too much to have this many people all uploading custom avatars.
    Serebii has limited the amount of people which the custom avatars to Staff and few other people who have helped Serebii in the past. I used to be staff, so I've got a custom Avatar. (Not sure why it's not showing..)

In the past, Serebii forums was known for being very slow, and we've got lots of Members.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 13th August 2015 at 2:59 PM.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

My notifications are kind of annoying, is there nothing I can do about the 5 notifications for the reputation system, or am I permanently stuck with those 5 notifications?

dman - Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Sometimes that fixes issues with notifications.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

"NEVER MIND ALL THAT!"

^ That doesn't always help. I've had the same issue myself, but it basically just sorts itself out eventually. For me, it took a few days before it went back to normal, without me really doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Being a drama llama is fun! You should try it sometime. :p

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    dman - Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Sometimes that fixes issues with notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schade View Post
    ^ That doesn't always help. I've had the same issue myself, but it basically just sorts itself out eventually. For me, it took a few days before it went back to normal, without me really doing anything.
    It's been like that ever since I logged in when the reputation system was disabled, which was a very long time ago, I assume.

I've just tolerated up to now, but it's finally getting on my nerves.

When I click on the "reputation comments" it just takes me to my settings where nothing is there in regards to it.

But I've done everything, even logging in from a different computer, and it still says: 5 reputation comments in my notifications.

I've even had issues where I had clear out my cache/cookies, and it's still there.

I think it's been like this for at least a few months. I stopped coming in to Serebii, around March. Didn't come back until April, the following month to make a single comment, then it was an additional month in May, 48 days.

^ I have a similar problem - I always have that 1 Reputation Comment haunting me up in the corner and it doesn't go away. It's been like that for months. I've just lived with it but always wondered if there's a way to get rid of it somehow haha!
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

So, i've been trying to upload an image to my signature but the "signature permissions" table says that i can't. Why is this ?
    Last edited by Winter Breeze; 23rd September 2015 at 2:49 PM.

Because you can't. This forum doesn't support it. Any signature images have to be hosted externally.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php...em2#faq_upload
    Last edited by BCVM22; 23rd September 2015 at 7:59 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

What is the picture under your title next to your avatar under your name? Mine has Professor Oak. How do I change it if I want to?
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexya428 View Post
    What is the picture under your title next to your avatar under your name? Mine has Professor Oak. How do I change it if I want to?
    It's dependent entirely on post count, you can't change it manually. That being said avoid spamming to get the one you want. You can find out more here.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast