Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 2,276 to 2,295 of 2295

Thread: [OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon M View Post
    Hey, there

How can I get a poll started? I want to ask people which Pokémon they would pick: Charizard or Blastoise

Thanks,
    Pokémon M

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...?7-Pok%E9polls Most pokemon polls are posted here

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRayquaza View Post
    I'm just curious where people are getting these sweet pokemon banners, other than pokecharms
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...-Fan-Art-Shops Many people order from shops but it seems a lot of shops are closed it be best asking people about their banners and see if you can get in touch with the person who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    What thread can I post a competitive pokemon team I'm making in?

I just need help with items, nature, evs, and moves but already have certain pokemon I want to use and abilities I want them to have.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...EAD-FIRST-POST Use this link first to sort out your ivs items etc

After you have the items, ivs,natures and evds you cn post your team here so people can rate it http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...63-6th-Gen-RMT
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 28th November 2015 at 12:21 PM.

anytime I try to add a picture, it comes up like this: [img]15072[/img] always as a link (at least that's how it shows up on my computer) and not the actual picture in the post. Help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilverRayquaza; 29th November 2015 at 8:34 PM.

Thanks to Archangel Armada for the banner!

anytime I try to add a picture, it comes up like this: 1c94986a0d3cf48a9392d1f158e04038.500x500x1[1].jpg always as a link (at least that's how it shows up on my computer) and not the actual picture in the post. Help?
    are you using [*img]link[*/img] remove the *

No it's [ATTACH] . well I changed it to [img] [/img] and it's still weird

Also, how do I get a banner into my sig? When I click to insert an image, it wants a URL instead of browsing my computer.

Thanks to Archangel Armada for the banner!

Also, how do I get a banner into my sig? When I click to insert an image, it wants a URL instead of browsing my computer.
    Go on settings then you will see a list on the left hand side find edit signature then you see a blank white space for you to put text, images etc in your sig. Then to put your image in do as i said b4 [*img]image link[*/img] just remove the * let me know it that works

We recommend using a third Party image sharing site and link from that. I personally recommend Imgur. It can offer a Prebuilt links to copy posting on forums.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    The Great Loss of Pokémon Global Link

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Is there NO way to increase the time until the site automatically logs the user out due to inactivity.

I hate that every time I write a big post taking me 20 minutes or so to write (IF even that), that I am unable to post because I'm logged out.

Now that alone wouldn't bother me, just sign in and continue. HOWEVER whenever I log back in, my post completely gets swallowed and I get the message that I must type 10 or more character. What the hell my post was MORE than 100 characters, potentially 1000 (maybe), why would logging back in not register the post that I just had so when I logged back in, it would my post my comment.

I'm tired of backing up the pages to my post after logging in, or logging in another tab to avoid the issues that automatically logging out occurs.

I'm not saying its a bad feature, I'm just thinking that its probably set to the lowest possible duration before logging out. 30 minutes to 40 minutes would probably be preferred.

If it is not possible or was decided against increasing it for various reasons, I'll move on and accept it. Just find it incredibly annoying. Especially since outside of always being logged in (which I won't activate for obvious security reasons) that the user themselves don't have the personal option of increasing their own time. Or if it was possible, I have yet to find it in the options.

But again I'll understand if not possible, and will move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Is there NO way to increase the time until the site automatically logs the user out due to inactivity.

I hate that every time I write a big post taking me 20 minutes or so to write (IF even that), that I am unable to post because I'm logged out.

Now that alone wouldn't bother me, just sign in and continue. HOWEVER whenever I log back in, my post completely gets swallowed and I get the message that I must type 10 or more character. What the hell my post was MORE than 100 characters, potentially 1000 (maybe), why would logging back in not register the post that I just had so when I logged back in, it would my post my comment.

I'm tired of backing up the pages to my post after logging in, or logging in another tab to avoid the issues that automatically logging out occurs.

I'm not saying its a bad feature, I'm just thinking that its probably set to the lowest possible duration before logging out. 30 minutes to 40 minutes would probably be preferred.

If it is not possible or was decided against increasing it for various reasons, I'll move on and accept it. Just find it incredibly annoying. Especially since outside of always being logged in (which I won't activate for obvious security reasons) that the user themselves don't have the personal option of increasing their own time. Or if it was possible, I have yet to find it in the options.

But again I'll understand if not possible, and will move on.
    Log out and tick the box which says remember me then log in. that should do the trick
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 22nd December 2015 at 6:41 AM.

Why has the TABLE BB code been disabled?

I believe it was removed because of abuse. Like oversized images, tables can be used to stretch the page.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Ihave a question in regards to custom avatars. Is there a reason that externally hosted avatars aren't permitted? I can understand preventing uploading considering the size of the userbase, but the block on externally hosted avatars is confusing to me. I'm guessing I'm just misunderstanding something about the forum software?

I also would like something clarified about the spoiler tag rules for signatures. Is it just nested spoiler tags that are blocked, or is it just total number of tags? For instance, if I were to want a clean signature, and did something like this:

Y Team:
    [spoiler]Y team listed here[/spoiler]

α Team:
    [spoiler]α team listed here[/spoiler]

Would that be okay, or is this a case of "this is why we can't have nice things"?
    Last edited by WitchRolina; 3rd January 2016 at 10:22 PM.

It's the total number of tags, so you can only have one of those.

'Cause with my mid-youth crisis all said and done
    I need to be youthfully felt, 'cause God I never felt young

I see, that's a shame. I don't like having unnecessarily huge signatures if I can section them off...
    What about the custom avatar question? Any idea as to what's going on there?
    Last edited by WitchRolina; 4th January 2016 at 12:20 AM. Reason: edited at same time as response, pushing question forward

Normal members are not permitted to have Custom Avatars due to the bandwidth that would be taken up by 8,000+ members uploading their own images.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php..._new_faq_item8

That number has increased considerably since that was written, as well.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yes, I know how to read. Yes, if they uploaded the images to the site, it would certainly do that. I'm asking about a technical question with that, wondering how exactly the bandwidth is affected differently when uploaded compared to when it's hosted externally. The way I understand it, external hosting shouldn't have such a strain on the site. It is entirely possible that I'm wrong in my assumption, but a clarification from someone who knows the technical stuff would help clear a lot up for me.

Another question involving signatures. I read the rules for signatures, and though I agree with the height restrictions (I actually think it's a bit much, TBH), the width restrictions I'm not sure about in the context of 2016. Those dimensions made sense back eight years ago, but hardly anyone runs a 4:3 monitor anymore, and with 4K on the horizon as the upcoming standard, would it not make sense to update the standards to match a minimum baseline of 720p monitor resolutions? Now I'm not saying to allow a full 1280 wide resolution, nor even 1000px wide resolutions, but surely something as wide as 750-900 would be okay in this age of higher quality screens and bandwidth?

And no, I'm not saying that just because some new girl walked up and told you to do it that you should do something, but I figure that a conversation could at least be started on it.

Edit: Doing the math, switching the current signature limits from the 4:3 standard to an equivalent 16:9 standard yields the following results:

4 / 3 = 1.3333
    1.3333 * 420 = 560
    600 / 560 = 1.071428

16 / 9 = 1.7778
    1.7778 * 420 = 746.6667
    746.6667 * 1.071428 = 800

Therefore, if updating to modern aspect ratios, the new dimensions should be 420x800. If nothing else, it's something to keep in mind.
    Last edited by WitchRolina; 4th January 2016 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Got bored, did math, sharing results.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchRolina View Post
    Yes, I know how to read. Yes, if they uploaded the images to the site, it would certainly do that. I'm asking about a technical question with that, wondering how exactly the bandwidth is affected differently when uploaded compared to when it's hosted externally. The way I understand it, external hosting shouldn't have such a strain on the site. It is entirely possible that I'm wrong in my assumption, but a clarification from someone who knows the technical stuff would help clear a lot up for me.
    When custom avatars are turned on in vBulletin, there may be an option to enter an external link for your avatar. However the avatar will still get uploaded in the end. That's how vBulletin works (at least version 3.8 did that I believe this one should too). So there is no way to have externally hosted avatars until you install a forum modification.

Button by WereDragn

Ouch, really? That sucks. Yeah, that'd definitely do it. Thanks for explaining that for me. ^-^

Off chance you know of a better place for me to make my suggestion regarding the signature size/aspect ratio?

Edit: Oh, and off chance y'all have the sprite of the Gen III hex maniac? The witch looking one? Figure if I can't use my usual profile pic, I might as well pick a trainer class that has the right theme going on. Found it~
    Last edited by WitchRolina; 4th January 2016 at 1:26 AM.

There is a forum suggestion thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...estions-Thread

You can, however, still upload a prolfie picture (the picture displayed on your profile only, not the same as an avatar), just saying.

Button by WereDragn

Just ran into something. So the forum software doesn't distinguish between URLs being posted and IMG tags? Is there a certain post count I need to reach before I can post the image set? It's a set of 12 pics - one for each pokemon on my team and a "nameplate" for each one of them. Knowing when I can post that many img tags will help me know when I can join in on those conversations. Is it just that flat 10, or is it a scaling thing?

Nevermind - it was just ten. We're good now.
    Last edited by WitchRolina; 4th January 2016 at 3:03 AM.

New FAQ thread incoming. Watch this post.

Edit: New FAQ here.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 21st January 2016 at 11:33 PM.

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192