Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Journey to the Unown (528)

Team Galactic has failed to interest me in the least in their anime appearances. Team Magma and Team Aqua were far more interesting, and at least their plot was easy to follow. I mean, even in the games the Team Galactic plot stinks (why doesn't the time/space distortion do anything, like devolve/level down your pokemon or something? At least in the RSE games there's weather effects).

The unown plot wasn't that great, and it got repetitive, but it was great to see Kenny again, and the part where the one group ends up on the ceiling was hilarious. I also liked that Team Rocket didn't blast off, and at least Aipom evolved. Other than that, I didn't care for this episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I have to admit the show wasn't as amusing as the dubbed version then as the original one, but they ha to add something plot related sooner or later...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Episode was extra and...
    The part when Ambipom evoloves is the best!
    Last edited by milenadrg; 25th November 2008 at 5:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    The unown plot wasn't that great, and it got repetitive, but it was great to see Kenny again, and the part where the one group ends up on the ceiling was hilarious. I also liked that Team Rocket didn't blast off, and at least Aipom evolved. Other than that, I didn't care for this episode.
    You know, I'd hate to agree with you, but I was really hoping for a better plot with those Unown. Ambipom's evolution was for the better though, but it unfortunately didn't even help her in the next episode. Other than that, the animation as said before was definitely top class.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Did anyone else find it odd that when Kenny says "I'm going to see Dialga and Palkia." (or something similar), Ash and Dawn reply like it's nothing, and then freak out? That seemed incredibly weird....
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:

I loved this episode. Canada finally got to see Aipom evolve. The animation was perfect, and I felt like, because of the animation, it was like a movie. It was a really good episode.

I loved this episode. Canada finally got to see Aipom evolve. The animation was perfect, and I felt like, because of the animation, it was like a movie. It was a really good episode.

It was nice to see Aipom finally evolve, it's a shame it had to happen with Dawn though.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Male Galactic Grunt: "Splash Plate set."
    Female Galactic Grunt: "Iron Plate set."
    Saturn: (couple of seconds later) "Draco Plate set."

While Kenny was in the process of exchanging tips about Energy Ball with Ash -- and teasing moments with Dawn -- Team Galactic was busy retrieving a mysterious cube from the Solaceon Ruins. The plates corresponded to Dialga and Palkia's types perfectly, and the resulting disruption in the Unown from Saturn's Bronzor's Confuse Ray threw the monument into turmoil. It may have been just as well that Aipom would evolve into Ambipom after learning Double Hit earlier, and I could only chuckle with bemusement as Brock talked about certain secrets in Kenny's closet at the end. Kenny may not have guessed why Ash, Dawn, and Brock were startled to hear him mention Dialga and Palkia, but I don't doubt at all that those two legendaries will become even more important in the future.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Team Galactic gets their first proper role, and Ambipom evolves. A nice episode overall, another Unown episode was a good idea.

Glad their following the anime way with certain evolutions, Ambipom learning Double Hit was a worthwhile measure.

I just saw this episode yesterday
    It was cool to see that Aipom evolves...it was an nice episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I just watch this eposide early this morning since i couldn't go back to sleep and i liked how aipom evoled but we need more of Kenny tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

I so mad!
    Why when Ash battles Kenny, the battle is not over????
    I think Turtwig is kind of weak at this point.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked them giving Dawn some power, finally She's no wimp.
    as for kenny..... after this, I like him alot less, sirsly, what is he 5 or something?
    Fay D. Flourite. All kinds of epic.

image credit

my twin is xXContestShipperXx
    my Evil twin is riolulu
    my pair is Tadashi
    my wife is Mewluvr200
    my husband is Drybones446

Kenny did seem slightly childish in this episode but overall in was a nice, packaged episode. There wasn't much to complain about and Aipom evolving was neat too.
    8/10
    Last edited by Deicario; 21st May 2009 at 11:57 AM.

I hated the way they portrayed Kenny; as a cowardly crybaby. I don't like him, but still he lost his cool.

Glad Saturn and the grunts appeared, I really missed Team Galactic. And the Unown attacking Dawn and Co. was interesting. I thought Unown was a gentle Pokemon.

Great Solaceon episode, 6/10

I'm glad Dawn got an Ambipom, it fits well with her. It was also interesting to see Kenny in such a wimpy light. Good episode.

Not a bad episode, nice to see Aipom evolving (Which we all knew was going to happen once Ambipom was revealed). Team Galatic are sure a weird bunch.
    I can see why Kenny was scared in the temple or whatever, since he is like 10 anyway (I am guessing if he grew up with Dawn).

Speaking of which at the end when Kenny told Ash not to tell Dawn he was freaked (Obviously liked her) she was like "What the hell are they talking about?). Anyways good episode.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Ambipom looks like a really good contest performer in general

Its good that Aipom evolved (I think it was this ep)
    Hello!

xD

This episode was ok... It was great to see Aipom learn Double Hit, and then evolve into Ambipom after using Double Hit a 2nd time. I like how once again the Anime shows how Aipom evolves after battling while knowing Double Hit. It was cool to see Unown again, boy did they look scary when they were angry and attacking. It was funny when TR were being cowards and begging Dawn to save them from the Unown. It was cool to see Bronzor for the 1st time.

40/100

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar Rules View Post
    Its good that Aipom evolved (I think it was this ep)
    Yes, she did.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    This episode was ok... It was great to see Aipom learn Double Hit, and then evolve into Ambipom after using Double Hit a 2nd time. I like how once again the Anime shows how Aipom evolves after battling while knowing Double Hit. It was cool to see Unown again, boy did they look scary when they were angry and attacking. It was funny when TR were being cowards and begging Dawn to save them from the Unown. It was cool to see Bronzor for the 1st time.

40/100
    I saw this episode on Network Ten today (despite watching it online previously). Ambipom really was the best part of this episode, although Unown's voice was weird.

i actually found dawn to be really obnoxious in this episode

I enjoyed seeing Dawn practice appeals with Aipom at the start, and seeing Dawn pull Ash's cheeks made me scream irl. Kenny's Breloom vs. Ash's Turtwig bored me, but at least Ash showed interest in teaching Turtwig Energy Ball because of it. I also liked how the Unown of the Solaceon Ruins went into rage mode after Saturn's scheme. Glad Aipom evolved here as well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567