Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Springing a Leak (531)

Default Hot Springing a Leak (531)

The Swinub Trio & The Hot Spring Battle!

On their way to Veilstone, Ash & Co. decide to stop off at some hot springs near where one of Dawn's friends lives. However, when they get there, they discover that the Hot Springs have recently gone dry. Ash & Co. decide to look for the reason why this has happened...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This makes this episode.

It was awesome, just utterly fantastic.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Anyone have pics?

Also, did Chimchar do anything?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Oh Staravia, you make me want to watch the episodes that I originally didn't want to watch. That's how awesome you are.

Nah... no Mamoswine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Oh Staravia, you make me want to watch the episodes that I originally didn't want to watch. That's how awesome you are.

Nah... no Mamoswine.
    Well, that sucks.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Gone are the days when an episode would just be watched for the sake of watching, all that matters these days is if a evolution was shown or something evolved. :<

But *another* Swinub Trio? I have bitter memories of the ones owned by that girl in Johto. The one in the Todd episode.

The one with the worryingly rubbish looking dad. He creeped me out quite a bit.

Chatsy, you big ol' meanie, that was a move of the most unfair kind. Now I'll HAVE to watch this not-even remotely epic tale of Kinoshita's quest to draw loli and fanservice. Oy!

So folks, basic summary of the episode seems to be: Muku.BIRD bathed in a hotspring, and Jessie did a hula dance.

I doubt anything else actually mattered. And even if anything else did matter....it still wouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Gravy; 17th January 2008 at 10:24 PM.

Ok is it just me or does Dawns buddy look familier?
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightTheMightyena View Post
    Ok is it just me or does Dawns buddy look familier?
    Most people say it resembles Kenny. I say it more resembles a cross between Medusa and a retarded fish baby.

In spite of this episode essentially being a Johto-esque rehash of a certain few past episodes, I'm thankful for its existence since it means that Kazue Kinoshita won't be dumped on a more important or better episode in the near future. Best parts of the episode were TR's mecha and Muku.BIRDBATH. Everything else was disposable.

Ambipom still not added to the opening. I'm still holding true to my new opening theory sometime over the next month or two.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 18th January 2008 at 12:47 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Most people say it resembles Kenny. I say it more resembles a cross between Medusa and a retarded fish baby.

In spite of this episode essentially bing a Johto-esque rehash of a certain few past episodes, I'm thankful for its existence since it means that Kazue Kinoshita won't be dumped on a more important or better episode in the near future.

Ambipom still not added to the opening. I'm still holding true to my new opening theory sometime over the next month or two.
    XD!

Oh your halarious, Yeah at first I couldn't define what it reminded me of, but I realized that it had hair like Kenny, which is disturbing to me. No offense to the designers, but she's really ugly.
    O~o Really the writers are running out of ideas WAY too fast. Please spare me from horrible character design copying.

On the other hand this episdoe looks kind of bland to me. Besides the pokemon in the hot spring.
    Last edited by MidnightTheMightyena; 18th January 2008 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    So folks, basic summary of the episode seems to be: Muku.BIRD bathed in a hotspring, and Jessie did a hula dance.
    And had a topless scene in the motto, can't forget that.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    And had a topless scene in the motto, can't forget that.
    don't forget James drinking sake o.o

So, My predictions for the dub
    -James's sake being edited out
    -Jessie getting a bathing suit put on her
    -The Mecha keeps it's japanese voice
    - We will perhaps get to keep the Polka o dolka music
    - Maybe we can keep the old TR music that played before the motto.
    - the it formerly known as Yumomi, shall have a deep and manly voice

Was the attack that swinub used Ice shard?
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 18th January 2008 at 5:51 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    - the it formerly known as Yumomi, shall have a deep and manly voice
    I can see that happening, I wonder how that name is pronounced anyways. Oo Yo-Mommy? You-Mommy? I really want to know what that translates too... She'd better not be related to Kenny in any way, shape or form. Kenny is already dogged enough, for being annoying. But I love him anyways! <3

Too bad they didn't put mamoswine in here. It was the perfect opportunity, now we'll probabley have to wait untill Snowpoint to see it, which sucks because I actually wanted to see it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightTheMightyena View Post
    I can see that happening, I wonder how that name is pronounced anyways. Oo Yo-Mommy? You-Mommy? I really want to know what that translates too...
    It'd be You-Moh-Mee (if we're talking english spellings here)

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    It'd be You-Moh-Mee (if we're talking english spellings here)
    Oh, ok. xD My guesses were just a little off. Pronunciation was never my strong point.

It it just me or was Brock and Sudowoodo doing better than Ash and Chimchar in that battle?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

finally ash uses chimchar its been like 215 eps since the last time ash has used chimchar

And Dawn finally used buneary, who everyone feels is underused.

Good to see more of Brocks pokemon though.

Since Dawn battled pretty well, I wonder if that's what gives her the confidence to try out at the gym in "Dawn's First Gym Battle"...
    *sig under construction*

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Linoone View Post
    Since Dawn battled pretty well, I wonder if that's what gives her the confidence to try out at the gym in "Dawn's First Gym Battle"...
    It could be a possible catalyst.

Yes we all saw how good she fought in the battle. That means that she is a fair battler. She will do well in a Gym battle in that upcoming ep. Battle has never been her problem but the Appeals.

The ep was very good, I liked how we got to see more of her past and learn about how they fought in the battle with help of this past. The battle in itself was good, Chimchar vs. Piplup was cool. Just seeing all of their Pokemons give me a great feeling.

TR and their Mecha was cool and the background music very good.

8/10 points.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Hmm, there seems to be a lot going on in this episode.

I like how there were a lot of recaps of Dawn's childhood life. I also liked how Ash still can't find the answer on why Dawn is sometimes called "pikari". Haha, Dawn is always there to interrupt; a good comic relief I must say.

Once again, the writers decide to bring up Pokemon contests another time even if it was just for a couple of seconds...I guess it is good that Dawn didn't feel so sad by that.

It does seem to show that Dawn is a better battler now. Hmm, probably a foreshadowing for her upcoming gym battle.

Grrrr. Yet another cop-out from the writers to have a battle between Dawn and two experienced trainers, have her do well and get confidence but to end it so it doesn't make Ash and Brock look bad. Ash wasn't doing too well in this battle iirc, he needs to train Chimchar a little more because he starts using it properly. I don't know, it just seemed like a rather lacksure performance for a supposed experienced trainer against two newbs.

I hated watching this episode, and doing the guide for it was boring as hell. All that went through my mind while watching was:

-Ugly person is introduced.
    -Annoying overuse of 'Daijoubu' which I can only just put up with when Dawn says it.
    -Team Rocket doing funny stuff, James massaging Giovanni's back in a rather erotic scene. Not good enough to save the boring episode though.
    -Yumimo's parents are equally boring looking.
    -For a hot springs episode, massive lack of decent fanservice. The maid episode seems to have more than this. I demand a skimpier bikini >:0

Yeah. That's my summery.

How soothing are these hot springs! Maybe Team Rocket's up to drying the place down without water. Because I didn't know the synopsis of this episode..........

I thought the episode was gonna be boring.. but I did enjoy the plot... and the tag battle of Dawn and Her friend vs Ash and Brock, Dawn won by a miracle...
    And I came for fun..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast