Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Team Shocker! (529)

Take it this way: If you were to do a break-dance and if you were shrouded and obscured by a flurry of stars, would your performance be visible? Thought not. That was a result of not perfecting her appeals properly, that Dawn.

WTF!?!?
    Why did Dawn not get past the appeals round?!
    Oh my God... Please, writers, for the love of animation... give that crappy co-ordinater another ribbon... Make people respect her "skills."

I really thought Ambipom would have won that for her. What are the writers playing at?! At this rate Dawn will never get into the Grand Festival. I think I said that in a previous post somewhere... I stand by my word, "Dawn sucks at Contests!"
    Mabye Dawn will fall into a vortex of depression... Perhaps that's what the writers want. They might hate Dawn as much as I do.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

The way I'm seeing it,there is probably no hope for Dawn or even Ash.I mean,Dawn's only got one ribbon and Ash only has two badges,and I think more than half the season's nearly done!!

~You’ve stripped me down, the layers fall like rain...
    ~It’s over now, just Innocence and Instinct still remain...

Take it all Away....

Well, keep in mind that the Sinnoh Saga will probably take 3 seasons, just like Johto and Hoenn.

But dang. I was suprised. even May always got past the appeal round. But it's good to see the writers are trying something new. A different approach to making Dawn mature as a coordinator.
    *sig under construction*

Ash had about 3 badges before May got her second ribbon, maybe Dawn will get her second ribbon after Ash gets his third badge.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Aah, Turtwig looks like it's having trouble with Energy Ball. Hope it gets the Snorunt treatment, that'd be soooooooo funny.
    Except we've already had ther scenario go down twice now, or did we forget Starly had that problem as well and couldn't master aerial ace until it evolved.

I really don't like that approach either cause then people will start thinking that whenever a pokemon gets a new attack it's going to evolve and that's just stupid, sure Aipom just evolved because of a move, but in it's case that move was mandated to do so. Energy Ball is a good attack for Turtwig but hopefully they'll just take the Iron Tail approach and have it master it without evolving.

Until Turtwig starts doing poorly in the battle area (where it shines) then let it evolve, after all considering most only see it going to Grotle at best I don't see what the rush is to evolve it, if that's as far as it can go it can go anytime in the future, let Chimchar or Buizel go next as they both have good prospects coming up soon.

As for the personality thing, considering Ambipom is still her same cheerful self, I don't see turtwig being "handed" a personality upon evolving either.

Speaking of which anyone find it ironic these new guys are getting tons of moves, just like the kanto team.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 21st December 2007 at 6:48 PM.

For the record, in the previous episode Kenny even told them Aipom learned Double Hit before evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    For the record, in the previous episode Kenny even told them Aipom learned Double Hit before evolving.
    Yes I know that, but Aipom was required to have that move in order to evolve, Energy Ball has no merit what so ever towards Turtwig evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    The problem is that without a Coordinator in the main group, the writers don't have an excuse to go to towns where there's a Contest Hall but no Gym. They'd have to do two things that they don't seem willing to do: have Team Rocket not follow Ash & company around, and have an episode where Ash & company aren't present.
    Well Team Rocket have there own subplot always any ways, so they could just fit contests in with them without having to take out contests 100 percent. Also they can still have Ash and co still in the main plot at the same time. Any ways people are getting tired of having the main girl be a cordnator each year, this way we still get contests and have the main girl do some thing different. Also this can give Jessie her own rivals and win more than just a few contests just becuase she's a rival to the main girl cordantor. I think it would be a cool idea to do it this way next gen. Maybe some how they could have TR connect to Ash and co plot too.

Sure, Dawn's appeal wasn't great, but I didn't think Kenny's was that much better, to be honest. I mean, it's not like we've never seen colored balls of energy make things sparkle before. I know the term "character development" is thrown around so much that it's lost all meaning, but I think actual character development can be credited to Dawn after losing in the appeals due to the fact that she handled the loss much better than she did in the Hearthome contest. Instead of running outside the contest hall in tears and wailing in agony, she just sulked slightly and even said some positive things to Kenny.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Having seen this, it was a pretty well done episode. Two shocks in one episode, Dawn losing the appeals a second time and Jessie finally winning a Contest. Heck, Jessie winning alone make this ep really stand out.

I really like the direction the writers are taking Dawn's arc. May's arc was all all about catching up to Drew and her bitter rivalry with Harley, yet Dawn's arc is all about her starting off with huge confidence and then getting knocked down into reality.

Considering Dawn's rivals are never going to bring the kind of drama that Harley brought, (and if its true, the whole Dawn/Kenny ship seems like a retread of May/Drew, only not as shoujo), the writers have instead made up for it by having Dawn go through some real emotional times.

Its probably the best course of action they could have took, and it keeps things fresh since now we know Dawn could lose a Contest if the writers just feel like it one day.

I thought Zoey's random showing up was very weird, plus we had TWO sunset walkings.

Not that I disliked the ending, as Zoey was actually somewhat cooler in this (despite the fact she broke into Dawn's room and began to harass her), but it seemed kinda odd at the end when we get EMOTIONAL SUNSET WALK and then ZOEY.

Anyone care to translate what Zoey said to Ash at the end of the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Except we've already had ther scenario go down twice now, or did we forget Starly had that problem as well and couldn't master aerial ace until it evolved.

I really don't like that approach either cause then people will start thinking that whenever a pokemon gets a new attack it's going to evolve and that's just stupid, sure Aipom just evolved because of a move, but in it's case that move was mandated to do so. Energy Ball is a good attack for Turtwig but hopefully they'll just take the Iron Tail approach and have it master it without evolving.

Until Turtwig starts doing poorly in the battle area (where it shines) then let it evolve, after all considering most only see it going to Grotle at best I don't see what the rush is to evolve it, if that's as far as it can go it can go anytime in the future, let Chimchar or Buizel go next as they both have good prospects coming up soon.

As for the personality thing, considering Ambipom is still her same cheerful self, I don't see turtwig being "handed" a personality upon evolving either.

Speaking of which anyone find it ironic these new guys are getting tons of moves, just like the kanto team.
    Meh, it'll come into use against Paul.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I cant wait to see this ep. anyone who dislikes dawn for this is dumb though, because that would be like hating someone for not being good at pokemon cards the first few tries. She tries hard but alas its not so easy to just get good at that sort of thing right away, I really like how theres a bit of realism to this.

also more zoey <3

I think this was probably the best Shinou contest thus far, at least, on an emotional level. I’m not a fan of Hikari. Infact, she often irritates me. But this time around, I was sitting through the episode, watching her get hyped up for her second chance at success and then having to watch helplessly as her chances slipped through her grasp. And I felt genuinely sorry for her. I actually cared about the fact she lost.
    Nozomi's another character that tends to irk me somewhat, but I felt her appearence this time around was completely justified. It didn't just feel like she was jammed in there for the hell of it, and her usual routine of helping Hikari to train wasn't nearly as tedious as usual. It finally felt like everything she did was productive, and I liked it.

As much as I hate to admit, the way Jessie[lina] performed with Dustox, I'd say she truly deserved that ribbon.

And once again, Dawn lost the 1st round, even with her new Ambipom. It's getting kinda annoying. It's not like she was overconfident or anything [was she?], or that Ambipom was sloppy [was it?]... But I'm sure she'll win next time.

Sparkleo, the reason she lost, as explained by Zoey, was that she overdid it. There were so many stars flying around that the judges couldn't even see Ambipom, unlike Breloom's and Dustox's appeals, in which the Pokemon were in full view the whole time and the judges could see them shine and at their best and so on.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    As much as I hate to admit, the way Jessie[lina] performed with Dustox, I'd say she truly deserved that ribbon.

And once again, Dawn lost the 1st round, even with her new Ambipom. It's getting kinda annoying. It's not like she was overconfident or anything [was she?], or that Ambipom was sloppy [was it?]... But I'm sure she'll win next time.
    Jessie deserved a ribbon along time ago. Her appeals have been getting better and better, best of all she's doing it fear way, which is why I'm starting to admire her more this year. Ask for Dawn, I'm assuming this is just a way for her to get some character development.

I must say the reactions of some characters amused me. Sure her performance wasn't perfect but they looked so angry, even Nurse Joy.
    Last edited by Gaiash; 24th December 2007 at 2:48 AM.

Well at least Turtwig is getting some decent screetime. Hope he masters Energy Ball soon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I really dont know why the writers always put Mays appeal having to do with throwing a frisbee or ball. As for Dawn, she kinda used Swift too much.
    Jessie was awsome with that levitation thing. LOL

A great plot twist, which makes watching D/P more and more interesting. I also want to thank the writers for evolving Aipom, i've been longing for that.

Great music, great animation as usual. Kenny's second appearance was much better than his first one, he was actually quite entertaining to see this time, much thanks to his new toy (Breloom).

Too bad with a 3 week break now.

Dustox totally deserved this after being shafted for pretty much all of DP.

Quote Originally Posted by .Vaati. View Post
    Dustox totally deserved this after being shafted for pretty much all of DP.
    Guess we'll get to see more of it then.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast