Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Team Shocker! (529)

Jessie's appeal was fantastic, but I don't see why everyone was frowning so much about it. Honestly, I think it should've gotten first; it seemed very hard to top. Kenny's didn't compare. It's rare that I miss a call on an episode, but this one had me flabbergasted. I was very shocked that Ambipom lost her debut, but it was a good contest, anyways. I'm very happy that Jessie won; she deserved it.

Smile

okay,i dont know why Dawn lost the appeal again.In the Hearthome, yeah, Sweet Kiss + Bubble Beam , whats up with that!?But Whirlpool and Discharge were good. 0+8=8, her total score.So, why did Brellom have a reggae-ish theme, i sorta liked it.Its just a matter of time before Dawn becomes emo.
    Like me.

two losses in the row for dawn never expected that.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond trainer View Post
    two losses in the row for dawn never expected that.
    May lost two contest, albeit not consecutively, but she did lose.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

So? Dawn has lost more contests in Sinnoh then May in her whole four years!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Some of May's wins weren't impressive in the least bit. The fact that Dawn lost more than May could be proof of the fact that Sinnoh Contest standards are alot higher than those in Kanto and Hoenn.

Dawn is losing because of her appeals, not her battles. Dawn can battle fairly well, its only her appeals that are messing her up.

And to think her appeals weren't too bad in her first few contests. Her appeals have been not-so-good since the Hearthome one (I thought that one was pretty decent).

In terms of appeals none of them have been amazing. Even her mother commented on how stiff her first appeal was. She's a mess in appeals but in battles she's rather great. Her battle between Ash was awesome and the same goes with the contest battles...the few ones she has done.

its good to see that lately in the series they've been showing the pkmn get actual training as apposed to them just getting strong from team rocket battles and gym battles. and dawns issue is her appeals.she needs to figure out how to bring them together better. with ambipom i think it was a case of inexperienced trainer with and experienced pkmn. she simply needs to train harder on her appeals, because two appeal loses in a row is sad. even ash made it past the appeal stages of the two contests he did enter.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

People her appeal wasnt that great i admit it was really pretty but basically all she had aipom do was make a big ball with stars and in the hearthome contest all she did was explode a whirlpool and make hearts and bubbles. Dawn just needs to evolve piplup. Ambipom everything to be the perfect contest pokemon now Dawn just needs to perfect its moves. Im really curious what zoey said to dawn so if anybody knows please tell me.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Well, Dawn will probably do better next contest.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I say she should have let Buneary do the appeal.

All she needs to do is create a single ice pillar and the judges will instantly pass her! The judges love ice appeals!

Dawn's problem is about her Appeals. May didin't have that problem, May's problem was her battling round, so she at least past ALWAYS every appeal round. Dawn is just overconfident, but thats what makes her personality awesome I noticed that Dawn is doing worse on her appeals, from her first contest to the Solceon one. She MUST practice more, and not use Ambipom. Buneary would be a better appealer.

^I like your name. Shipping! Shipping!!

I think she thinks that shiny stuff is beautiful and she forgets about her pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I say she should have let Buneary do the appeal.

All she needs to do is create a single ice pillar and the judges will instantly pass her! The judges love ice appeals!
    they also love that sparkle-y effect, lets not forget that!Also they are stupid enough to pass firework appeals.Like Jessie and Mays.

Quote Originally Posted by HikariSatoshi View Post
    Dawn's problem is about her Appeals. May didin't have that problem, May's problem was her battling round, so she at least past ALWAYS every appeal round. Dawn is just overconfident, but thats what makes her personality awesome I noticed that Dawn is doing worse on her appeals, from her first contest to the Solceon one. She MUST practice more, and not use Ambipom. Buneary would be a better appealer.
    She will probably realize that by next year hopefully.

I think nintendo needs to come with more pokemon tha she catches for contest. To spice it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aipom445 View Post
    I think nintendo needs to come with more pokemon tha she catches for contest. To spice it up.
    Yeah, maybe an Eevee to evolve into a Glaceon to provide some neat ice attacks.

I think this is fantastic for Dawn. MOAR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

I think it's great the writers aren't just letting her breeze through. They're being much more realistic about this- after all, she's a ten year old girl with only dreams but hardly any experience- Do you think winning's going to be easy for her? May won a lot, sure, but she and Dawn are different. Plus, I never found May's saga to be very 'real.'

I really like where this is going. I mean, I like to compare her Rock Lee of Naruto. Sounds strange, I know, but didn't Rock Lee suck at being a ninja because he couldn't use ninjutsu (okay, so a lot of you don't know what I'm saying. For those who do, follow along!) It's the same with Dawn. She's not very good at contests, so that means she's going to have to work much harder. It adds to her character.

I can't wait to see the next contest. I do hope the writers come up with some more original appeals though.
    Last edited by RxZ; 26th January 2008 at 6:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Oh, how I love rainbows, icons, and dresses.

I can't believe I actually watched this episode, but I did (haven't watched a Pokemon Raw since like Paul VS Cynthia if I recall).

Anyway losing two appeals in a row means during the next Contest when she passes the appeals it will be even better, I felt really sorry for Joanna (that is Dawn's mothers name right?) she just seemed so upset/dissapointed and Ambipom since she lost in her first proper real debut....I didn't really feel bad for Dawn though. I mean it's good for Dawn losing twice in a row, it shakes things up a bit which is something May never got. Keeps it fresh and gives her a thing to work on, May never really had one area she was bad at so she just worked on everything so it is nice to have a coordinator who really needs to work on one area of Contests.

Jessie was just fantastic in this episode though. Her appeal, while a little weird, was amazing. I can't believe she won and with Dustox, I mean she's had Dustox ever since May got Beautifly. They deserve that ribbon 100% completely. I mean it's rare for Team Rocket to win anything and keep the prize and not try to cheat. Zoey's appearence at the end was good too, since it makes her slightly more interesting to help Dawn...since Zoey is pretty flat right now.

Favourite contest thus far. No competition. I mean Jessie wins, Dawn has something to imrpove on and so forth.

I don't know about this, I mean if a pokemon was that important to the appeal then maybe but I still preferred Dawn's appeal to anyone else's. I mean that swift was one powerful move can you just imagine the battling power of that swift attack?

Sure it didn't help that there was so many but that alone should've impressed someone. And to me Johanna looked as though Dawn would've made it past the appeal round, as opposed to what I saw in the episode pics of the Hearthome contest.

But it also makes you wonder about those filler contest people, that fill up the rest of the eight slots. If they lose so easy in the battling area, are their appeals really that good?

And zoey, now while her showing up was fine, I feel like she is secretly stalking the group. Do we really need her showing up so much?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know about this, I mean if a pokemon was that important to the appeal then maybe but I still preferred Dawn's appeal to anyone else's. I mean that swift was one powerful move can you just imagine the battling power of that swift attack?

Sure it didn't help that there was so many but that alone should've impressed someone. And to me Johanna looked as though Dawn would've made it past the appeal round, as opposed to what I saw in the episode pics of the Hearthome contest.

But it also makes you wonder about those filler contest people, that fill up the rest of the eight slots. If they lose so easy in the battling area, are their appeals really that good?

And zoey, now while her showing up was fine, I feel like she is secretly stalking the group. Do we really need her showing up so much?
    Appeal is not about the attack nor about its power. It is about how the Pokemon utilizes the attack in a creative way while still revealing itself to the crowd to see what the Pokemon is doing. While I like Dawn and her contests, I do even have to admit that Swift was completely overdone. Double Hit didn't really work well either, it didn't seem to have much meaning in the performance.

I don't think even her mother was impressed and neither was Zoey nor the contest judges. It really looked like that Dawn's mother was hoping that Dawn would make it, but even doubted that she actually would. She broke away from the TV after the results and went to the wall looking at the pictures of the Floaroma Contest and how that went well compared to the Solaceon Contest one.

Interesting episode, Dawn loses (however the loss in itself was understandable) and Jessie wins. When James and the others cried when she won, that was great to see. Jessie is a member of TR but she did deserved to win.

Both Kenny and Zoey in one ep, good, I like them. And I liked how Joanna looked at the pictures of the wall.

8,5/10 points.
    Last edited by Corzola; 16th January 2008 at 10:07 PM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    For the record, in the previous episode Kenny even told them Aipom learned Double Hit before evolving.
    When'd he say that? 0_o
    Was it in the episode with the Unknown Ruins, if so, when?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast