Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

More Super Poke' World stuff. Video description will explain more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRkfJN8q-s
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Just a couple more Fakemon to post.
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Just some more splices.

For some reason I don't really feel like celebrating my 60th anniversary for splice sheets. It's also about to be the 4th year anniversary too. Yet for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem as awesome as previous years have. Maybe it's because for the last year I have done all that much splicing or anything. I have been caring for my other projects much more. Oh well, no big deal, 60 and 4 are just numbers.

Those ghastly fusions are really freakin WIN! U really matered the ghost texture!

------------------------------

Two more Fakemon updates.

I actually kept the old version of the poison dragon as a base and just altered it. First time I think so far where the old form was kept as a base like that. Hopefully that means things will start to be easier like he was going into more.

I wish I could call these scratches or actually be scratching them. Yet they are suppose to go with some already premade NPC type sprites, so I have to keep style, and with overworlds, unless the person your doing is really weirdly shaped, that's sadly not possible. So a lot of things like the legs and stuff are almost identical looking, even though I didn't use the originals as a base =/

Oh well, still happy with how they are coming out. Only two more party members, and then I might move onto the in battle sprites.

Ok, this sheet is now done and full. I'm happy with the outcomes personally, but as always I'm open to any comments you all might have.

Well, just a little fooling around as usual. This may or may not see some type of future use. My friend has this little character known as Goo. Just a little blob guy. There is a game he is meant for, something Kirby-esque as far gameplay and such (this is why I decided to make him in a Kirby style). I don't know if there will be any actual game though, which is why there are only three actual sprites for the time being.

In the animation, there are two different styles. The first few frames have him moving, using his standing frame in the middle of the movement, yet in the later half of the animation I don't use the standing frame. Wasn't sure which looked better.

Background was ripped from Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland by HyperGumba.

And since this was a minor update, I messed around a little and made a familiar face in a style I'm not use to making him in.

Ledian evolution bothered me a ton. Just couldn't figure out a design I liked for him for the longest time. Finally was able to settle on that, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Potentially the style we'll be using for the RPG.

Ryu looks weird when he isn't super short. Not sure on size yet, probably going to wait till I get a few of the other characters made, and then I'll decide.

A few options for fur colors. Going to talk to the character's creator to pick one.

The guy on the left is from Soul Nomad. I'm a fan of NIS style sprites, and this style I think will allow us to show off our character's designs well. A lot of thought has to be put into this type of thing though, so we might abandon the style. We have to keep in mind enemy sprites too, and how we handle them.

So I know it's probably not best to start working on the sprites like this before I get the creator's input, but I was in the mood to sprite something like this, so if we decide to do something else, then so be it.

Last edited by Jappio; 21st January 2012 at 4:50 AM.

Well here we go, Team Rocket is pretty much complete.

I apologize for Jame's green hair. Trust me, I spent I think over an hour trying to change it. From the research I was able to dig up, you can't apparently change the palette on Bowser's sprite, so I don't think I will be able to alter it myself. I hear with enough hacking skill one can though, so actual hacks using these sprites will hopefully have people who can bother to change it.

Also for anyone out there who might be kind of stupid: The music, voices, and the zooming in are not in game. It is just video editing.

Changing Peach and Mecha Koopas will come later. Probably Wigglytuff and Wobufette. Might still do a joke switch of Peach for Ash in dress. Not sure if I'll stick with just Ash in dress, or go with his female counterpart from the Erika episode. Female counterpart could make sense canon-wise, Ash in dress would be more recognizable. I guess I can always just do three version too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLiJa8SclwM

Could use a little bit of help everyone.

Working on some Fakemon, I was liking where I was going, then bam!

I now have three different designs for the 'eye' on his back. I wasn't intending it to be a real eye, just sort of a pattern. Yet I can't decide between the few ways I have it drawn. The first is nice and simple, but I worry about how it doesn't stick out well. The second sticks out a little better, but something seems off. The third sticks out great, but it's starting to look too real, too complex for a simple marking possibly. As I'm typing this, I tried turning the first one's color around so the eye was black instead of purple, and that might work.

So does one in particular look nice to any of you? Is there perhaps a 4th option that might work better? I tried a few other color combinations too, but I just don't know. Any comments, CnC, or critique would be greatly appreciated!

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/1ikk5t.png[/IMG]

I'm really not sure which of the three I'd advise you to choose.

The first seems the closest, but its still lacking something, while the third looks too much like an actual eye to be a marking.

The second seems too off for some reason that I can't quite place. Overall, however, I have to compliment you on how well this design comes together!

Ok, so opinions on which is best are all over the place right now =P

Seriously, for the most part, all three designs have been equally liked seemingly.

So to complicate matters, I made even more designs:

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/dcg41w.png[/IMG]

I have some new palettes and a new eye design.

Right now I'm leaning towards 16, but I'd still love to hear what everyone else thinks.

So voting on Ariados evolution didn't yield a perfect result. Overall, it was almost even between realistic and non-realistic. non-realistic had just a few more votes for it, and I personally liked it better. Sadly I now know that not everyone will like the choice I went with, but 51% at least will =P

Missile Pokemon is no longer an ice type. Ice skates weren't enough of a reason to make it an ice type, and I couldn't really come up with a different way to do it. It's all fine though, because I think it turned out better by going a more simplistic approach.

Did some fiddling around with Link again. Rather than add frames, I've decided to take some advice and add blurring instead.

Still not done with it yet. Still need to do the magic portion of it all, and a bit more movement in things like his hat and hair. Just sort of a progress update.

Nothing too serious or special. Was bored and toyed around with trying to sprite something with only one 'color'. Aka, I chose a color, and only altered the lightness and darkness. No hues shifting. Went with my second favorite Pokemon, Sandslash.

Finally got this sheet done. I've dropped the Qwilfish line, and just went with a platypus line.

Hydra is like way better now, I'm very content.

Narlight is pretty similar to what he was in the old days. One of the few things I did back then that I liked and felt I did a decent enough job on.

Great...Jappio is also on Serebii xl

regardless of me having mixed feelings about you, your spriting is still 43x better then mine
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

I know I haven't been posting anything, but that's because my spriting has been mostly involved with a contest. Now that it's done, I'll post the stuff I'd been entering:

A flan recolor. Was first round, and I just thought this would be silly. I have a Ditto I nicknamed pudding, so that's kind of where the idea came from.

A 3rd gen style trainer sprite of Lina Inverse from the anime Slayers.

A remake of my Spinda evo.

[img]http://i45.*******.com/xfu7gp.png[/img]
    Remake of my ice cube Fakemon.

[img]http://i49.*******.com/b7giu9.png[/img]
    A remake of my fire spiny lizard Fakemon.

Very good!
    My friend code(s):

Black/White FC: 1721-7932-4166
    3DS FC: 4940-5983-7879

Message me your friend codes so we can fight/trade!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BLACK AND WHITE 2!

I love the tuts!
    My friend code(s):

Black/White FC: 1721-7932-4166
    3DS FC: 4940-5983-7879

Message me your friend codes so we can fight/trade!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BLACK AND WHITE 2!

I know I've been like super slow with updates lately. Not sure why, I just haven't been spriting very often. I've done a little poking around, but no results to show yet. I was working with Poke World, but editing the Koopalings has thus far been obnoxious. I'd link to a video of the work I did on it, but it's pretty bad and I'm usually against showing off work that the maker knows is bad. I'll try and tweak it to the best I can do when I'm more ready to tackle that.

Yet I finally finished up the over worlds for that RPG I'm working on. Next up will be battle sprites.

All 8 protagonists are now done. Ryu is the main character, dual swords and wind magic. Raizou is my usual big buff axe and lightning wield Asgardian. Shun-Yu is the wacky Chinese Hopping Vampire. Moonblade is a mystic sword user type. Ray is a mixture of black and white magic. Shroomette is a blatant visual rip off and healer. Vargas is the team mimic, he copies spells and what not. Ira is a black mage. The columns sort of represent the character owners.

Can we use your sprites if we give you credit?
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2zhmmfp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.*******.com/apig5y.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/s4p3yu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.*******.com/353egjq.png[/IMG] Oooo.. look it's Red!
    Awsome and Epic team poses and slowpoke egg and pokeball by shinypokemonhunter(I have all Pokemon in signature, Mrs.O'Leary the manetric was a completly random athentic shiny)
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven. † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Slowpoke
    Meet Slowpoke-the orignal Arceus

That's an awfully vague question. Who is "we"? Which of my sprites? What are they going to be used for?

Oh and here is an update. I know I haven't been posting much, just haven't had the will to sprite I suppose. Yet PokeWolrd continues on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVo_MhJxiU

I didn't show it here, but I did make a video showing previous work on Arbok. It was really bad though and I uploaded it more as a "I suck" type deal, and didn't feel that it was something I had to go showing off. Yet I've made some improvements I like so I can finally move on from there. Weezing and Meowth are next probably.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast