Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Default Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

This is my showcase thread. C+C and all that is welcomed. I try to keep this updated, but sadly that only happens every now and again. For the most part the really old stuff is labeled. Most recent stuff though you'll find actually being posted later in the thread.

I take requests on splices, can't promise I'll do anything. Everything else though I probably won't do, as I haven't the time nor care to do just any old spriting for just anyone.

Also I'd like to take a moment to say something. My splices contain the sprites from multiple Pokemon games. Credit of the original sprites used in the making to Nintendo and Gamefreak. I would also like to thank Spriter's Resource, the place where they were ripped and distributed.

Scratch Spriting
        Spoiler:- Ganondorf:

Spoiler:- Lazengann:

Spoiler:- Vargas:

Spoiler:- Raizou:

Spoiler:- Super Pokemon World:

Spoiler:- Relicant Evo:

Spoiler:- Torkoal Evo:

Splices
        Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 42:

Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 43:

Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 44:

Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 45:

Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 46:

Spoiler:- Splice Sheet 47:

Spoiler:- Older Splices:

Captace Region
    My own Pokemon region filled with new Pokemon and terrain. Everything here except Porygon 0 is a scratched sprite by me(Pory 0 is a sprite edit, but will later be made into a scratch sprite). I will not be posting their Dex entries here to save room. If you wish to know more, you can either find the original posts they were on, or you can PM me.

Any question, feel free to ask. I also gladly accept any critique.

Spoiler:- Region Map:

Spoiler:- Fakemon:

Spoiler:- Badges:

Other
        Spoiler:- Revamps:

Spoiler:- Splicing Tut:

Spoiler:- Video Splicing Tut:

Spoiler:- Shorter Video Splicing Tut:
    Last edited by Jappio; 29th October 2009 at 6:37 AM.

Good sprites
    but try to save it as .png
    it makes it clearer
    (:

I thought I did... I think what happened is when I uploaded them, they were turn to that, darn. I'll have to see what I can do about that. Well ok, I went back and made sure they were .png
    Last edited by Jappio; 25th December 2007 at 9:51 PM.

I'm courios about your roserade/slaking fusion, why is there flowers there? If the are meant to be the hand's you'll have to connect them in some kind of way. Some of them look a little copy-pastish, and your fire mismagius shouldn't have any outline. Your raichu/armaldo needs a little outline fixing too, for example's there is some pixels missing under it's head on those white things. You have to recolour the outline (and the lines inside) on your sandslash/togekiss(?) fusion though i looks very odd with a white pokemon and ligth brown outlines, this is a problem you have with most of your fusions, you forget to recolour the outline. Your pikachu/beaver needs some head and eye improvements, try to scratch a little on it's cheek, it looks very out of propotions.

Good luck with improvements and keep practise!
    Du, har stĺtt vid horisonten
    Du, har tittat mot havet om jorden var rund
    Men allt som du sĺg va en bĺt som försvann
    I dimman som rullade fram

Jag, är inte rädd att flyga
    Jag, för ovanför molnen stĺr himlen pĺ glänt
    Som jorden och mĺnen vi dras till varann
    Men hĺll mig sĺ hĺrt som du kan

---Nicco --- Loved Twin --- Ricario --- Catale --- Wajas ---

Sorry Zessibelle, I haven't been able to fix the problems with my first splices, they just aren't major enough.

Ok, I've made some new splices. The first three are a combination of the Abra and Spheal family. I did them for a contest, I hope I'm going to win. The next few are just random combinations I came up with. Cloyturn and Skarninja both were a pain to color and make, for whatever reason. I like the results (my fav is the Megadactle). The last one on here is TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR. I made him comepletely from Pokemon Parts (The most editing I had to do was for the body, but mostly was just the cutting up of Rayquaza).

Well hope you all like them, I'd love comments.

You have recoloured the outlines (yay!), and that's improved since the last time. The double wings on Aerodactyl seems a little odd on our side, althoug the other side seems fine. The last one is just idk what to say... The arm isn't recoloured and he only got one (is that meant to be so or not?) The spikes on it's tail seems like they're falling down, like they're about to fall off... i'm also courios of the two black thingy's hanging from there...

//Zessibelle (again)

Well it would seem you don't know who TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR is. Trogdor is from the internet cartoon site Homestarrunner.com. Its suppose to be a dragon type thing. The arm is recolored. I got the arm from Machamp, and the fist from Machoke. The color of the fist arm is suppose to be human colored, while the rest of him is mostly green. The alighnments of the spikes I suppose aren't the best. Trogor only has a single beefy arm. The two black things I got from a Dodrio. I colored them in black. They are suppose to be his legs, but there really wasn't anything good to use as his legs. His original legs were just simple "V" shaped lines. Here is a picture of what he actually looks like:

i like your gallade and heracross
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

From the first post, Sandslah is JUST a recolour. (That's right, i spell recoloUr with a "u." I'm Canadian. *growl*)

Actually it isn't, there are shapes on his chest from Togekiss. Although I do agree splice wise it's not the best. Yet I still love it, it's so cute.

What's so different
    between fusions and splices?

Isn't Chi the best?

Lv 435
    PM me to level up this cutie!

^
    There isn't any difference. They're the same thing.
    "How dare you abuse the english language by even
    using the words 'logic' and 'read the bible' in the
    same paragraph." - GhostAnime

And that, children, is the smartest post on this or any
    forum.

No, i dodn't know who this 'Trogdor' was, now i do. But he still looks odd for me...

Chobits; Fusions is two pokemon, splices is many more (check SaturnGrl thread for this).

I love the Trogdor. Burninating the countryside... What gave you The idea to do that?
    I have claimed Girafarig.

I am like him becase I have a different side no one knows.... You don't want to know....

Spoiler:- :

Oh, so I guess than I mostly do fusions, not splices. I forget what made me want to do this. Something probably made me think about Trogdor as I was making some others, and then I figured I could do it.

Edit:

I now have more. I find it sort of easy to chug these out. Its nice and simple and gives me something to do when nothing else seems appealing. Hope to hear all your comments and stuff. Some of these I don't quite like, but I won't hide them or anything.

Last edited by Jappio; 4th January 2008 at 4:08 AM.

Well I made more slices. This time though I decided to try some new triple splices. I like the results, but I don't think they are my best. I suppose though I can call them my best triplets.

Sorry for triple post, just no one commented and I want to show off my newest ones. Here is the fifth sheet. Upon request I was asked to make a Manbearpig. There are two because I really couldn't decide which I liked better, so I kept both. The others are just normal double splices. Nothing in particular to say. I like pretty much all of them here.

Well as of right now I will be taking requests and suggestions. Now I'm new to the whole submitting art to the internet. Now from my understanding, a request is when you ask me to do something, I do it, and then I post it and you are allowed to use it as long as you give credit to me. A suggestion is when you give me an idea of something to do, and I post it, but you don't use it. Now if my assumption on these two things is right, than lets move on with things. If my assumptions are wrong, than please let me know.

Now if anyone is wanting to place a request or suggestion. You may PM me, or ask here. I will be asking for requests and suggestions from other people on other sites, so the speed of getting your specific splice might be slowed because of that. Also for requests all I ask is credit and what it is being used for.

That Garchomp/Miltank looks so wrong...

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

Default Reply

Good splices. Though I feel you could put more than 2 Pokemon into one splice.

I'm slowly moving into that. I made a few triples and they aren't that bad. I am though still enjoying combining two at a time, so don't expect me to become a three and up all the time kind of guy.

These are some pretty darn good splices. Much better than mine, but I am extremely new to them.

Still, great job

Their Love Will Never Die.

Visit my Sprite Shop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=296566

Here are my newest splices. This time round I have thrown in threes, fours, and twos. The four was special; I decided to take a few Pokemon I dislike and hate, and combined them. Sadly it neglects a lot of Pachirisu and Dundparce, but they all wouldn't go together evenly the way I did it. The others were just general ideas I got.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Ok, a whole bunch of suggests/requests in this one. The only one that isn't is the Slowgrotskull. Normally I wouldn't have combined that awful family of Nosepass, Ledyba, and Carvanha, but it was under request, so I had to try (it's not horrible, but I would have not touched it normally after seeing how bad it was going together).

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gatr View Post
    That Garchomp/Miltank looks so wrong...
    O.O LOL! The splices look great- nicely blended and coloured. Awesome job!
    It is especially amazing that we receive forgiveness
    even when we do not send for it~

F.ar A.way I.s T.he H.ell L.eft E.ternally S.creaming S.oundlessly
    Pearl Friend Code: 0516 4279 4055
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 4276 2405 0880
    Twin: Kyuubi Chan; Pair: AmazingChi

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast