[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

imo, Muttle shoudl be facing forwards more, its body and head are turned in an upwards direction, makng for an awkward sprite

The birds are great, though
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

Not a huge update, but I like it. While bored in one of my classes, I decided to make this guy. He is one of my RP characters, this guy is named "Dimitri".

He's some evil Half Elf dude, who lost his hands. Due to that, he can't control his powerful magic very well. He wear giant pieces of medals over his forearms, I call them arm maces.

After making the first pose (side pose) I decide to make more, and make a GIF of him spinning. I specifically wanted to make him 8-bit, like a Final Fantasy sprite, hence the lack of shading or anything like it. Perhaps I'll revamp him if class is proving to be boring again =P

Last edited by Jappio; 5th March 2009 at 6:49 AM.
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Well I finally got sheet 1 devamped and fixed up. The first 3 families of my Fakemon have been remade, and I like the result. I still have about 82 to go, but that's not too big of a deal.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

The fire on the tail of the shiny final form of that ant thing is the wrong colour. Nice sprite though

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Oh crap, you're right. Thanks for point that out, I'll be sure fix that right now, although I won't bother uploading the change till later. Thanks again.

Well I have now fixed and finished my first sheet. Next up I'll be reworking my starter Fakemon. I'm still happy to take comment and critique, I will go back and fix things, but I probably won't be uploading any of those changes till much later. So for now, these are the final versions. Also I have made some changes to the ants, due to the fact a good number of people thought they were fireflies.

Wow... you make Cyndaquilfish and Shiny Latimeleon look like garbage... I'm impressed.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

I'm now attending to the Fakemon of my region. I first did the grass guy, but then later, at school, I had nothing to do. I was doodling, trying to figure out how to fix my very horrible fire starter. I was finally able to conceive and idea, and here it is. So I skipped the grass starter family and did the fire starters, they needed the attention more anyways. They aren't quite the same as the previous ones, but at the same time they are. The new story is that an evil spirit harbors a doll. Eventually the said evil spirit attracts hate and ill willed feelings. This eventually causes the doll to burn. Fire-Fire/ghost-Fire/ghost still. I like this guy a lot better. Also I thought for a moment that perhaps this guys story is too 'brutal' for Pokemon, but hey, Pidgey's eat Caterpie, Houndoom's howl is said to be the grim reaper coming, Dribloom tries to abduct children. I think he fits right in =P.

The one in the top right corner is one with borders. I liked the one without, but I kept that one just to show it off.

I can already see I need to work a little bit more on the transition. My plan right now is to take the middle form, add more flames and stuff, so it's closer to the last stage. Unless people think it's fine the way it is.

Last edited by Jappio; 16th March 2009 at 9:40 PM.

Okay, first things first I love the Rotom/Gyarados fusion.

Lastly, your Fakémon look...iffy. They look badly scratched and designed, even though I'm no artist. I suggest reading a lot of tutorials, because the potential is there.

The weird flame ghost thing is meant to have it's gas? peeling off? Hunh?

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Thanks Turtwig fan and all for the comments, but it would seem you're specifically commenting on my like earlier stuff. My Fakemon are greatly improving as far as I can tell. I don't think a tutorial will help me anymore, just plain old practice by way of continuing to sprite.

Insidious Dreamer, I don't exactly what has you confused. The last form is simply a ghost with a flame at it's core, in case that's what you want to know.

OH right, well it looks like its outside it for some reason...

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Well, another sheet done. It has taken me awhile. I have been busy, lazy, and working with other things. I recently pushed hard to force myself to finish these up. I realized something though, I can't continue to do sheets like this. I can't continue to do so many requests. I'm busy with making Fakemon, but more importantly, I'm in charge of making splices for my friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of choosing style, and at least four of the characters.

As far as what I'll be spriting now. I will be making the sprites for the fighting game. Aside from the usual updated sheets I'll be throwing up, I still have updated Fakemon that I will do on the side. I also have probably other random things I'll be making.

As far as splicing. I'll still allow you all to make requests, and I'll still do them on the side when I get the urge to. Splicing is fun, and I still enjoy it. I'm just basically saying if you make a request, don't expect to see it for awhile. It's been now about 2 months since my last sheet, that's seems like a lot to me. I was able to bring 40 out in a year, but this latest one took me 2 months alone. So the next one, don't expect it in a week or anything =P

Wooooooooooooooow!! The Palkia-Rayquaza-Charizard splice looks AWESOME! The Budew-Jiggly one looks cute! The Bastiodon-Metang one looks wierd... long nose.

Ok, as I've said before, I am now a spriter for a friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of about 4 or 5 characters. I am also in charge of picking a style. Well I've had a tough time in the last two weeks or so picking one. We had a style before that was good and I was able to work out, but the style was too small, wouldn't have worked for us. So now I had to figure something new out. I've chosen a style now, and before going any farther, I needed to get some critique and opinions and comments. Raizou, my character, may not be the best test for a style, he's so large and beefy that it complicates things. I'm not done with this sprite, still shading and stuff to work on. The chain mail on the legs hasn't been designed yet. For the most part though this is my idea on the style. I don't know if it works though, so I need as much help as I can get.

Well I did some more work with the style. I haven't be able still to properly do Raiou, things about him are bothering. I decided I needed to do more than just our large beefy guy, so I quick threw together our smallest character. This little guy is a ninja/samurai, or I forget what exactly. I think my friend has called him a 'Ronin'. I've always pictured him as a ninja though. He is a fox person, he is based on a sonic RP character. His name is Ryu, perhaps some of you may even know the owner of this character.

Now his appearance I'm basing off of older descriptions of the character. I also am not the person in charge of making his sprites. This basically means I won't be doing anything more with the character beyond this point. I merely did him for size reference for the style. I also touched up Raizou some.

Opinions and stuff on the style or how either of the sprites are would be greatly welcomed. I can't say though I'll go and fix Ryu, just because I'm not keeping his sprite.

They definately aren't in the Pokemon style, but if I remember correctly you specifically said you attempting otherwise. The one thing that bothers me is the footwear on both sprites. It just looks a bit unnatural. Other than that kudos on a job reasonably well done.
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

I'll be sure to get to the footwear, for whatever reason I have a tough time with them.

Well here is another batch. In the blue shirt we have Bill. Bill is an interesting character. He's the kind of guy who after a match will do a twirl, rip his shirt off, and then rub his nipples... Bill is interesting. He has a guitar as a weapon also, so I think he is cool. I may or may not be doing all of his sprites, depends how fast I do the others.

The next new one is Shun-Yu. I don't know if I have to describe him again, I've done so multiple times... I might as well. He's a Chinese Hopping Vampire, or Jiang Shi. In ways they are more like zombies than vampires though. You can't see it now but in battle you'll have the option to switch between two forms of Shun-Yu, long armed and short armed. This sprite here is short armed. The long arm formed will of course have longer reach, and fight differently. Shun-Yu can lengthen his arms due to rigamortis.

I've made a few touchups to the other two sprites. Raizou is bothering me, so he isn't perfect yet until I get a better grasp on the style I'm using. Ryu I don't care too much for still because I'm not his spriter.

Comments, critique, and whatever highly requested.

Two more people added.

First up is Alexa. She's all bundled up in armor and clothing due to the cold climate she comes from. She wields a claymore in battle. If I remember correctly she also has forms of ice magic and or attacks.

Secondly is Moonblade. He wields a spear. I have not much more to say of the guy due to the fact that I know a lot of tedious facts about the dude, but nothing though I think really describe him to well.

I've also gone and fixed up some of the other guys. What really annoyed me was for the longest time I couldn't figure out how I was going to do Raizou's chainmail. Then while doing Alexa I had to do some. The first pattern/style I tried for it worked beutifully, and I was all "God dang it, how is it I wasn't able to figure something that simple for Raizou!" Then I applied it to Raizou. I updated Ryu. I originally wasn't going to pay so much attention to the little guy, but since people have been so kind to critique him, I figured I might as well update and fix him up.

Ok. I've done some more work. With the critique I've gotten (Again, thank you to all who have. Anyone who has given me some critique or just plain out told me I needed work, thank you. I greatly appreciate and it's thanks to you all I've been able to make any improvements so far) I have now fixed up some errors with these. I haven't quite gotten to everything. Ryu has remained fairly unchanged, but I don't care too much about fixing him. Shun-Yu and Raizou are most important to me since I'm actually doing more for them. Raizou I'm getting real happy with, sadly Shun-Yu not as much. Due to a recent decision by his creator, his outfit has changed. That stupid under robe just doesn't look right, but I can't figure how to fix it!

The biggest thing I've done is I've altered the style a bit with them all. I went for as suggested, darker borders and greater contrast. I must say I like it, and it is easier to do due to some colors being less plentiful. I can't say for sure if it's better myself, hence my posting of them. I want to continue to evolve these sprites, so I'm again asking for any critique anyone is giving.

Bill's left arm is a bit disproportionate, actually. from the shoulder to the elbow is too long compared to the elbow to wrist part. The shading is a bajillion times better on the bottom sheet, great improvements. to be honest, I'd like to learn more about these guys if you'd bother with brief background stories.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

Thanks for the tips Flame Master. I'd also be happy to share some info on the guys.

Raizou is my character, so I know basically everything about him. He is an asgardian warrior. After dieing in battle, he went to Asgard. There he became a disciple of the god Thor. He gained electrical powers, and went from realm to realm teachings the ways of the Norse religion. Not the fastest or brightest of warrior, but with that huge axe, incredible strength, great berserker like stamina, and electricity flowing through his body he is one tough guy.

Alexa isn't mine, but I know bits and pieces. Ironically she is also in some way Nordic. She carries around a claymore and has some forms of ice powers. She is in a way a paladin too, so she is also more holy than not. Coming from a cold land, she is bundled up in clothing and armor.

Bill is one of our less serious characters. Not much back story with him except he is some type of rock star who will have attacks like pelvic thrusting and throwing fan-girls from the audience at you.

Shun-Yu isn't quite anyone new to me, I think I have almost as many sprites of him as I do Raizou. My best friend's RP character, and a pretty cool guy. He may look serious, but like Bill won't be the most serious. He'll go around running ridiculously, saying weird awkward things. He may be an evil soul sucking Jiang-Shi, but he takes everything in such a light hearted manner that it's almost cute.

Moonblade is kind of like a dragoon. He jumps around really high and uses a spear. With an assortment of spells and other equipment, he does his best to keep you away and in pain. I don't really know anything significant to say about him though.

Ryu is a short/fox/ninja. He'll be the type of character who runs around really fast throwing stuff around and then put you into some 23 hit combo =P. He obviously won't be very strong though. Like everyone else, he is a friend's RP character. He is some type of Ronin or something. Originated as character in sonic RP's, hence why he is only 3 ft tall. A good guy who wants to protect people and find peace in the world.

While I'm here I might as well post something. I made an animation. It's just the normal standing pose. I have found that my lack of experience in animation has hampered the quality. I'm not asking for critique on this, just because it's not at my best, I know I can and how I can do better. You're free to comment and critique, I'm just letting you all know it isn't required.

I see, I see. That's actually more interesting than I thought it would be, no offense...I think. I see why you're not too happy with the animation, but I think it's good for one of your first documented tries. The legs should move a bit though.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

Everything is great!! The Arca-Lairon and the Shroom-Scyther looksC&P though. 10/10

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast