Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Sorry for the long wait with no update. I've been working as much as I can though. I now have an attack started. I'm not going to call it done, or close to it. I know currently it needs plenty of work. I though felt the need to get something made. I plan on improving the sprites and perhaps adding a few frames. I wouldn't mind though some critique or anything. The move I'm showing is one of Raizou few "command" moves. In fighting game terms, I suppose it's called a "623" or as I refer to it as: "shoryuken". It's a simple jab with some advancement. I don't know if I'll be posting animations for more moves, it takes awhile to do sadly. The speeds in the animation are messed, so try and ignore that if possible =P. That lightning doesn't move fast enough when it strikes down.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

*ttired of clickings*
    they're awesome (what more to say... hm)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

Well then, I'd like to call this an update, but honestly it isn't. I see it more as a glorified bump. I can't stand though just letting my theads go inactive for so long. For over the last weak I got almost no work done. The few sprites I did were crappy as all heck. I also plain couldn't get in the mood to sprite. I decided though I was only wallowing in self pity and decided to just start spriting again. For whatever reason walking sprites are tough. I made this so far. I know it needs more frames, and I know I'm missing stuff like the shield and axe head. I will get all those things added. Just wanted to bump with a little show of what I'm doing.

On a side note. A got a couple of comments about how I don't have an axe move. I find it a little odd that you all thought I had to be told to make an axe attack. To remind everyone, this is a fighting game, and in a fighting game a character has multiple attacks. Just because I make the due throw a punch for my first practice at an attack sprite, does not mean I won't have any axe swings. Raizou will make use of his axe, and those blows will devastate. I'm not quite complaining about the critique I got about that, but I found it funny that multiple people felt they had to suggest to me to do that.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Your game sprite are very well done, which begs the question as to why you insist on mostly using C+P for your fusions - at least you alter the shading on the parts you add

Try to scratch the parts of your fusions too and they'd looked fantastic.

Your Fakes - well they certainly don't follow the pokemon style, and that what most strive for when making a region, otherwise it just looks like miscellaneous sprites =\

The shading on most of them could do with a bit of work too.

Just some comments for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jappio View Post

No.

Just. No.

This is not walking. This.. I don't even know what it is. It's worse than a crab walk. He's crab walking and distorting his body while in a defensive stance. Don't believe me that this would be impossible to do or atleast uncomfortable and difficult? You try walking in that pose.

So. No. Just. No.

Sadly this is the only sprite you've really improved :/ and the other thing that's off about it- pecs are not a shell. You don't need to define them so heavily that it looks like his belly is scaled/shelled when he turns to the side.

Northern Lights, thanks for the comments. I shy away from scratching in my splices because it's just not the style I like to do. I see splicing as a type of puzzle. Basically I try to see how I can fit all the pieces together. Reasoning why my splices don't exactly reflect my spriting skill shown in my fighting game sprites is probably because I did the splices first. It's only recently that I've started this fighting game, all my splices therefore were made when I wasn't as good. I'll see if I can get into more scratching when making splices, but I can't promise I will. I honestly see it as a difference between crayons and watercolors. Sure I could use water colors, but my style is much more like the crayon, simple but fun =D

The fakemon I'm trying to improve, but just like splicing, I'm putting them to the side for the fighting game.

Yami Ryu, I did actually walk in that pose, perhaps though it's hard to tell because I haven't added all the frames in yet, but I didn't think it was too uncomfortable. I'd have to describe it more as stomping than walking though in reality. I must say I thank you for the critique though. I will be sure to try and attend to the things you mentioned.

No I mean not moving your legs at all. Or rather bending your knees. What you're basically doing is having him swing one leg forward, then the other. That is not walking. It's not even stomping. He's basically doing something like a squat, but it's not even a squat. Adding more frames won't help.

http://maniacco.tripod.com/tutorials.htm

As I said your character isn't really walking, running, stomping or even squating, moving out continuously in a pose like that would not be fesable, unless he was deformed in some way :/

I think I've made enough of a representation of what I want for the walking sprite. I can now move onto a different set of sprites. I probably will just do jumping and or running sprites next. I'm not done with this one, but it looks like what I basically wanted, and I'll tweak and improve it over time. Critique and all that jazz is welcome of course.

Well in a fit of boredom, I decided to make this. I don't know what more there is to mention of it, so I will leave it at that. I know I said I'd be trying to do nothing but fighting game, but my mind wanders from time to time =P

I love how you splice pokemon that nobody would really ever think of splicing... idk I love them.

As for your fakemon, work on your overall scratching as some of them look really poorly made. Also, the two ice cube pokemon (586 and 587 i believe) look exactly alike except for some snow on the evolutions head... shouldn't there be more of a difference?
    Click the Userbar or Banner to go to my Sprite & Banner Shop

Like my signatures? Want one for yourself? Go to my shop! ^click^

Well surprise, surprise. I have actually completed a new sheet of splices. I entered and was challenged to a couple of contests, so I figured I might as well do the rest of my requests and what not.

The first 8 things were all for one contest, 4 recolors and 4 splices. It won it's match. I don't do recolors often, but they are very relaxing and simple fun =D

That flying mixture of ice things also won me a contest.

The Pikachu family with Linoon is another champ =D

The ghost guy on the bottom right I think has won me a contest, but that is only as of right now I believe, I think the contest is still open and it's only winning by one point (funny thing is, I didn't even vote for it, I voted for another guy's sprite I thought did better)

I also have gone and did a request I could swear I was just going to ignore. The huge one on the bottom. It was tough fitting them all in. It was especially tough also because of the things put into it. I somehow pulled through though. Normally had my pride not been so arrogant, I would have just said no to it. Now I really don't want to see everyone and their grandmas jump at the chance to suggest or request huge ones like that. They are hard, and sometimes seem impossible. The final result is hard to figure out when there are crappy to use sprites like Palkia, and Mamoswine. They are big with hard to transfer features, or small and bland. So I'm just saying, request at your own risk, I may just get lazy and deny it or give up.

New thing done. Now I have a jumping animation. I still need to find out if there are special jumps for forwards and back though. The height and speed are also pending still.

Well, his legs look fine, but his upper body is too stiff imo.
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

Lightbulb

1. i like trainers

i am back ^^

Ok, my inability to just stick to run project has once again taken over. The bright side is that this didn't take long at all, so I didn't waste much time. My friend and I were talking about how Metroid and Castlevania games aren't too different. We figured it wouldn't too hard to make it so Samus would be taking down creatures of the night. This lead to me thinking, and I figured, yeah, it would work. The idea I have would be that you could just take something like Aria of Sorrow, a game I'd assume would be easy to do a ROM hack of. Change the sprites to look like Samus. Then make it so you can only equip the gun weapon, but perhaps make it a little stronger. Samus is now shooting skeletons, axe armors, and even Dracula now. I mean a lot of the sprites would have to be scratched. Like the black panther super fast moving ability could become Samus's hyper speed run thing.

So just to test the waters, I attempted to make Samus in the style. What I got wasn't too bad I'd have to say. I tried it on a background too, and to me she seems similar enough to Soma. She stick out just a little weird due to the orange, but Soma has a pure white coat, so I think it's even. I don't know if I will continue this. I don't think it'd be too hard, and it would be kind of neat. However I do have other projects that probable need more attention to. This though as I said wasn't too hard, every now and again I might throw a few new frames in.

Ok so recently I decided to do another tutorial, this time in one video. Of course since it is shorter, it's not as solid explanation-wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQsgMWhdWk

Ok, I went ahead and changed up some issues that I could figure out that people were telling me about. Better/more realistic standing pose, better abs, and more. I still plan to go back and tweak and fix problems later again. Also more frames and stuff where needed. C+C is again very welcome. I didn't redo the punch since I'm sure how I want to fix it still, so I decided to put it to the side. I should now be back on schedule and work on more jumps, running, and crouch sprites. I also realize I have a finger count inssue in the animation. Lastly I'd like to say please ignore the speed of the animation in some areas. These were very rough estimates, I don't know how fast Raizou will move for these, since I'm not actually in charge of the balancing and coding of the characters. Also the jump is quite exaggerated as a convenient way to loop the animation.

This is an awesome spriting thread! I mean like the best!!!! Why isn't this a sticky??

Haunter/Weedle/Gastrodon epicness.

Well everyone, I have to let you all know, I'm putting the Fighting Game on hiatus. I have decided that I am not doing as good as I'd like with the style. So instead of just continuously working on the same old fighting game sprites making small changes to the style, redoing everything continuously, I will instead just work on other things. I will return to my splices, and my Fakemon. I will also continue random projects. The idea is that this will increase my skill, without having the blandness of the same old thing.

So then, here is a new splice sheet to kick things off. A small amount of requests but a few things of my own choice. The trainer sprites are for some RP characters, so pretty simplistic. Oh and the Quilfish splice is suppose to not be great, it's more of an inside joke between a friend and I.

Ok a new sprite finished, and I am particularly found of this one. Probably by far my favorite bad guy. A totally awesome and amazing dude, the King of Evil himself, Ganondorf! I made him for a contest, that I hope to win. If anyone can do it, it's him. He isn't in any specific style. Just a basic sprite I did of the G'Dorf.

Last edited by Jappio; 2nd September 2009 at 7:07 AM.

sweet nice splices but on sheet 2 on the bottom right corner the last one bugging me

Well looks like Ganondorf got very little notice, oh well )=

With my recent decision to again be going freelance and random with my sprite making, this meant the return of Fakemon. Last time on Fakemon creation I had been redesigning and making all my Fakemon so they work in the 3rd Gen style. Well I have finished with what I left off with, the starters:

For those that don't know, my grass line consists of Boty, Botablitz, and Botamizer. The first is just a plain grass type, while the other two are electric grass. The idea behind them is that the solar energy of photosynthesis supplies it with electricity.

The fire starter family are now going to need to new names, being there concept slightly changed. Their new names are Raggle, Dolflare, and Flamewell. The last two are Fire/Ghost, first is a Fire type. The idea is a doll possessed by an evil spirit that eventually burns it away.

The water starter's names are Hermunch, Merboxser, Pummelid. The first is water, the second two are Water/Fighting. Obviously on a boxing squid type thing.

I'm considering altering the size of the first two families. Seem a little tiny to be 3rd gen style. I don't know if much else has to be changed. I much prefer how I have them now then I did back in the past.

Have a new sprite everyone. This time round I've made the Lazengann. Made him for a different contest. As for Ganon, his contest has yet to have its voting started, so I sadly can't say how well he has done yet.

Ok everyone, in a fit of boredom and intrigue, I've decided that I will be holding a raffle. The prize of this raffle is one sprite. Not just a splice, but a full blown sprite. I will scratch, edit, or whatever to make some form of sprite of your liking.

Now of course it isn't truly unlimited in choice. I won't take anything that's just ridiculously hard or obnoxious. However I will probably accept anything that's a reasonable request. Now I will list the rules. I suggest you read them if you want a chance to win:

1. All contestants musts send me a PM. The subject of the PM should have "Raffle" in the title of their PM. This will be the only way I will include you in it. If your PM doesn't include raffle in its title, I will not know to put you in the raffle. If you do not PM, and instead try to enter through replying to this tread, you will not be added. I will not warn anyone who does this wrong, and you simply won't be added.
    2. Nothing can increase your chances of winning, so don't try to bribe me or anything like that.
    3. The sprite that I do for you I do plan to show off like any of my other sprites. I will credit you for the idea, and anything else that require crediting.
    4. Due to rule 3, the thing you request will have limits. The thing I draw will have to be void of things like super gore, sexual nudity, and stuff like that. Things that aren't allowed on the usual forum. Perhaps though depending on the request I might be able to make two versions depending.
    5. Just as I will credit you for the sprite, I too must be credited. You are free to use the sprite for whatever you want, but the creator must be credited to Jappio.
    6. What I accept or deny is all up to me. You could win, but I reserve the right to still refuse your request. Things that will be denied are things along the lines of being too large, too complicated, too many individual sprites, or in some way disgracing something that I enjoy (I wouldn't make something along the lines of a banner that says "I hate Kirby" or something).

Now that the rules are stated, back to other facts. The winner is decided by what I will assume will be me rolling a dice or using some form of random number generator to decide. The length of time I keep this raffle open will be random, I have no set end date. Shouldn't be any excuse for anyone who wants to enter to not enter yet. It's simple as sending me a PM. All questions are welcome here or in PM. I will notify the winner through PM and will announce publicly that the winner has been chosen. However don't be downfallen if you didn't win. There is the slim chance that the winner doesn't give a request, or I don't like any they give, or something like that.

So be sure to enter anyone. No cost or anything, just a chance to see me sprite something you might want to see me sprite. It could be a sprite of like an OC, or of some character or creature you really like. I'll do a Fakemon or something along those lines. I'll try to imitate game styles if you would like. If it's simplistic I might do a few poses so it make an animation or something. Of course the details can be discussed if and once you win.

As for your chances of winning, depends how many people enter. I plan to do this on every site I regularly post on, so there are more people entering than just the ones on this site alone.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast