Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Being bored in a class today, I did some spritings. Decided to randomly sprite a good friend's RP character, Red Ryu. A little fox guy with wind power essentially. Did a bunch at school, final touches at home when I was able to talk to him about some details. I attempted to do him in Disgaea style.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Jappio View Post
    First, the baby kangaskhan needs better shading, of the outline and body. The leg on it's right side- natural right not the right side as we see it as it's facing us, has no black outline at all on the leg. It is also sitting pretty unaturaly and the arms are up in the air/positioned stiffly too.

Now, you say you want your male kangaskhan to have a sexual dimorphism of LARGE CLAWS. Why? What strikes you that Kangaskhan males would be so vastly different- as if no pouches and slightly more buff build isn't enough? :/

Anyways the claws are laughably large. Laughably in the, so ridiculously huge you can't take them serious way. It unfortunately seems you put so much effort into the claws, that you seem to not focus on the tail, body- body depth or arms or head or the shoulder armor.

Male Kangaskhan seems to lack a real hand/paw for his upper limbs, with how close the claws are and with how little you actually shaded for the depth of the limbs. They also don't match up in size, unless they BOTH are being held in the same awkward > position?

The body depth also seems a tad overdone, and it isn't really that smooth when it 'slims down' to the hips area. It also seems to be suffering from the 'no muzzle syndrome' when Kangaskhan [F] shows it should have one.

And wait, the third sprite has a pipe? That's a pipe?

It looked like the claw from a paras >_>

Hey, thanks Yami Ryu for the C+C. It's been awhile since I've gotten some that was so in depth. Although I will try to attend to the things you mentioned, the whole gender differences I will stick by. I mean if anything my large claw idea isn't so odd compared to the differences between lets say Gallade and Gardevoir or Glalie and Frosslass. As for why they would have large claws, females are bulky creatures meant to keep the heard/young safe. The males would have sharper claws and sleeker bodies better for hunting and stuff. Also the claws give it a difference. I wanted the gender split to matter in some way. Just being more buff and having no pouches wouldn't make the right amount of impact, and arguably create something better than Kangaskhan. My goal is to make an alternative, not to trump the original.

Well, seems my little Ryu sprite was for the most part just a glorified bump. I guess I got like two responses to it, but both being two word responses doesn't really make them feel so substantial. Perhaps something a little more popular than a friend's RP character. I decided I'd just take some requests from some real life friends of mine. Now I won't lie, I did enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh at one time. Well a good friend of mine happens to enjoy the said game still, and requested I do a specific monster. He was smart and picked a monster that back then I liked, and still to this day have a respect for. He is called the Summoned Skull if you don't know or can't tell. I first wanted to do this guy in the M&L3 style, but I can say that I really was just doing my own thing at some point, so I kind of gave up on the goal.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Summoned Skull!? Wow, that brings back memories. I like it, but the feet and wings don't look quite right. Try doing Toon Summoned Skull as well.
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

Yay! Someone who tries the M&L3 style! YAY!
    Ok now for the criticism...

It would be really good if you used official palettes for the coloring, because that blue is sort of horrid. The light source is very indirect/centered(?), when it should be from the top~left-ish corner. Using green as a solid base for the eyes with no shading has got to go, add another shade or darken it a bit. The purple body is also what turns me away from this sprite. The darkest line intercepting with the lightest purple shade isn't a very combo in my opinion, so you might want to lighten some of the darkest purple lines. Also, you seem to have the outline color (The black) inside your sprite. You really shouldn't do that so much, because it makes it look a bit messy. Go for the darkest shade as your outlines inside I guess... You can use my Giratina as a reference or just study the shading of the official sprites. The black outline is only used on certain situations (EX: black color). You can use the grey Anti-aliasing color used on the outside to function as a white outline I guess.

Lastly it is just the anatomy you need to work on... Maybe tilt the left leg towards us? Overall it is a good sprite but with horrid colors (IMO).

Good job.
    I'm currently looking for Dream World Tentacool, Natu,
    and Slowpoke. PM if you would like to work something!

Solosis | Female | Shiny ★ | Magic Guard
    31 HP | 31 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 30 SpD | 30 Spe
    Bold Nature | Hidden Power Rock

Flame Master, toons weren't my thing, and I don't really plan in general to do much more Yu-Gi-Oh.

Thank you ToonAce for the C+C. However you brought up a point about light source. M&L3 style actually isn't as tilted of a light source than lets say a normal Pokemon sprite style by the seem so of it to me. However you make a good point with that black outline thing. Anatomy and posing though are definitely something I need to work on too.

First order of business, the thing on the top left is the thing I made for the 2nd winner of my raffle. He requested I do something known as Genesic GaoGaiGar. I didn't know what it was, but google helped out with my understanding of what it looked like.

A couple of requests as usual on here too. Last three are ones I came up with. The sheet in general does seem small, but I didn't get much requests, which is fine.

More Super Poke World sprites done. This time around I showcase off some Raichu sprites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIo5NlgZkWI

D-did Raichu just turn SHINY!? SPW is coming along quite nicely, isn't it? Can't wait to see what you do next. (I hope it's Yoshi)
    Last edited by flame master 14; 26th November 2009 at 2:36 AM.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

One update, as I expected, I didn't place in that big competition I was going on about before, the one run by Arkeis. Not sure if anyone cares, but figured I'd mention since I made a big deal about it before.

Ok I just finished a new sprite. This time I decided to take the character Rita Mordio from the game Tales of Vesperia, for 360 and PS3 (PS3 Japan only right now). No particular style or anything. I decided to try doing it boarderless. I did her pose when she casts Indignation in the PS3 version.

Reference picture of character in case if you don't know the genius mage that she is:
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/image...3&type=profile

Ok, with a bit of the comments I did get, I tried fixing some things up. Better hair, few more colors, stuff along those lines.

Tell me, what genre is this Tales of Vesperia game? I haven't played it, so I can't say anything in-context about the sprite, but the back leg looks too short.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

It's an action RPG. Tales of is a long running series since SNES days. However not all have come to america, and most become rare or hard to find. Gamecube had Tales of Symphonia, PS2 has Tales of Abyss, 360 has Tales of Vesperia, GBA has Tales of Phantasia, and PS1 has Tales of Destiny 1 and 2. Now I could probably list more, and specifics, but I'd rather not get paragraph into paragraph about it. Point is it's my favorite RPG series, and Vesperia is tied for my number 1 favorite RPG.

The second leg isn't technically shorter, it's farther back and perspective makes it look shorter.

I see, so it is related to Symphonia... one more question: are the games' storylines linked at all, or is it an FFish series where the games are almost completely unrelated?

And on another note:

▲ ▲

The story is not connected to Symphonia. There are various cameos such as one of the hidden bosses is a certain party member from Symphonia. Phantasia and Symphonia 2 though do have connected story lines to Symphonia. Majority of the time the stories are disconnected.

Darkwhole, generally I don't respond to spam, but in your case I will. First off, I don't do just two pokemon in my splices. Many of my splices range from between 2 to 10 or so. I've had plenty of batches with 3, 4 or more. I'm not about to give you constructive criticism either. My thread is for my sprites, not yours.

Well here is something I figured I wouldn't be doing. Theme stuff isn't normally something I like to do. However when a contest I feel like entering requires me to make something christmas related I do. I like to think it's mostly holiday/wintery in feel more than christmas though. If anything could give me a little holiday cheer though, it would be that oh so lovable Kirby. Something about the little puff guy all bundled up like that makes me just feel happy (reminds me also of that one kid in The Christmas Story). Got a King Dedede and MetaKnight to go with so I can have a new sig. Don't go rating it like a sig, because I am not a sig maker, merely a spriter. Also I decided to make a quick avatar to go with it. Looks like I will be all set profile wise till spring =D

I adore the Sentret and Gliscor mix ~!
    FEED

Jappio, that is brilliant! But why is the sun in the sky at night?
    << Thanks, Gladeshadow!

What planet do you live on that has a crescent shaped sun?

Ah
    i adore the animation but a few things bug me:
    Shading on all three of them, espeically-sp- meta knights ear-muffs, which
    the grey is just 1 plain color,
    Kirbys scarf(along with shading problems) is 'square' at the end
    you nned to round it off, to make it look more smooth and smart like.
    K DDD suffers from mulit-light . and his hand is twisted the wrong
    way (it looks like)
    Idea, why dont you try animating the snowball to hit meta knight,
    that would be cool.
    I love the cute snow-man in the corner
    oh, the tree at the bottom needs more shading
    but otherwise <3<3<3<3 it!

wow you're sprites look awesome wish I could do that XD

Challenges currently completed

Monotype:

Sapphire/Ruby: Ground
    Firered/Leafgreen: Flying

Your Gligar Re-vamp..it need's Blue wings..
    Other then that, there awsome.

some of the sprites are diferant completely style than the others, so im still questioning it.
    Otherwise great job! Nice sprites

135% of copy/paste percentages are wrong beyond natural possibilities of wrongness, so copy paste this into your sig if you agree(Started by GottaLoveSam, inspired by pokemaster001)

Well it's been awhile perhaps, but here is a new splice sheet. Some requests and contest entries on this one. Recently I've been going on a contest spree, entering most contests I see that I can.

Another thing made for a contest. Meant to be a 4th legendary bird, a grass/flying, but it isn't quite majestic enough, which is good since I'll probably be adding it into my region. Based on the Bird of Paradise, which is ironically a plant, and not a bird.

I like the new sheet, your wailord and caterpie splice prooves that no matter how big the size difference is, they still work!

Now for some crit:
    The arms of your lugia one seem to be placed weirdly and the back doesn't seem like it is connected to the body, I don't know if this is becuase of the shading or not. The transition betwenn the head and body of the pichu/bonsly/smoochum one looks odd, you need to work on making it look better perhaps.

Other than that, good ideas, I like the scratch!

One of my older Fakemon. Redid him for an ancient themed sprite contest. Waiting the results. I recall his name to be Skelegeist, and he is a Rock/Ghost. An animated pile of bones, but the ghost possesing it obviously doesn't know its anatomy.

This was for a contest where I had to sprite a Pokemon using its signature move. Diglette using dig seemed obvious and simple enough. Didn't place to high, but I don't so much mind as I think it's adorable.

Meant for a different contest, however this contest never happened since my opponent decided to not do it. Purpose was to make Mario in the same style as Mega Man Battle Network games.

So yeah, bunch of things that I've had sitting around for a bit now. More stuff has been made in this time, but I'll have those on my next splice sheet. Probably going to try working with a few of my other projects too.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast