Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Well I'm sure a good number of you know about the Generation 5 reveal. Pokemon has given us a silhouette of a new Pokemon to be featured in the upcoming movie in Japan. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, but I've decided to do a little pixel-overing with the silhouette. I've created a Pokemon I feel could be the Pokemon. Of course the chances of me being right are pretty far off. I've also done my absolute best to avoid looking at anyone else who might have already done this. So basically I've seen no one else do this, even though I'm sure there have been people who have. There is a chance that perhaps our ideas will overlap, and I apologize if that may be the case. I assure you though I did not attend to use anyone elses ideas.

Zenrir!

This is the first one I made. My basic idea is that it's wolf like. It's fluffy and has a Ponytail. This one in particular I see as a Dark/Fighting. I think it could be fighting due to it's leg structure and extra large arms. They just feel like features you see on a fighting type. I'm thinking dark due to the movie. If you've seen the trailer for it, you know that Ash meets some weird evil body double of himself. So if this Pokemon who is the "Z" in the movie, there's a chance he is the cause of the dark double self. Also for those that know their Norse Mythology, you know of the demon dog Fenrir. The dog being a child of Loki, the trickster god, probably could have similar shape shifting powers as it's father.

This is my second version. Going off of the Fenrir idea, I go with an icy look. Nordic folk are icy people, and Loki is half frost-giant. I think this one makes a good Ice or Ice/Fighting type. I think Icy/Fight would be totally awesome. I also in general like the colors I used for this one.

This one is more of a joke than anything. My friend and I couldn't help but notice there were a few slight similarities with the Lucario evolution line. I don't think Lucario needs and evolution. Also people who know me, know that I don't even like Lucario, so it is obvious that I don't want to see this to be what actually happens =P. The funny thing is though that since Fenrir is sort of a demon dog, and has a half sister or is the goddess of the dead, it isn't too far off from the whole Anubis thing either...
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

ok i owe my serebii-ness to you, three years ago i got into splicing with my friend, and needed a good forum to place them, upon typing in google, i saw these sprites in the older section, which were very good btw, so i decided, if there are spriters as good as these on serebii, im joining, and all of your sprites like don't need work, keep up the good job. and now u must feel better knowing you made a difference in the life of one average thirteen year old boy.

EDIT
    can u request a sprite challenge for me like tell me what to make i just ran out of ideas and im making a sprite page
    Last edited by Shadow Silver; 10th February 2010 at 1:37 AM.
    Oh noez, Im making another sucky sprite thread. but i needz motivation, if ten people can PM me by the end of the next ten days, i might make one. (I really wanna make one but i need to know people will look at it cuz in the pas tit either died of no posts or i killed it by puttin it out of its misery.

wow, compared to the actual form (yes, it's been released today!) that is quite close, although the arm does look a bit thing and in the wrong position

With Zoroark properly revealed, I just had to edit my original take on the guy to more so match. Now this is more of repose to a non existing sprite =P

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

wow, out of all of the Zoroark sprites so far, this is by far the best! The shading is great and the outline, positions and transitions are good!

is it possible for you to change it's pose instead of the usual Sugimori Art pose. It would be a unique shot!

thank you very much for posting that video tut! it really helped teach me how to splice and got me into spriting! i'm just curious though, do you do scratch requests or just splices?

Wow, most of them are very good matches

others werent thought out very through

[White]
    [1077-0091-4959]
    [Diamond] [Platinum] [Soul Silver]
    [0131-7223-0218] [1764-0509-7287] [3610-3221-6295]
    [White 2]
    [????-????-????]

Spoiler:- :Shinies:

New splice sheet finally. A bunch of different things this time around. A good number made for contests actually, something that had been motivating my splicing and junk for awhile. I'm probably going to settle down a bit and return to my various projects hopefully. The trainer is actually probably going to be my top of E4 for my region.

Amg! Jappip from Pokecharms

I love the Luginaine. It looks sexy. Your Torterras look awsome. That's funny how heaven has apples on the tree, and hell has a dead tree. The Dragonite kirby Is cute too.
    Click to go to my Shop!

Awhile back I mentioned that I'd be doing video critique, well I've finished the pilot episode. I take a sprite by an anonymous person and alter it. Being a pilot, I've yet to quite get it all right. As you'll see, I end up running out of time and have to use a fast forwarding method. I wanted to get everything in 10 minutes, but I have a nasty habit of taking too long to explain some stuff. Depending on what people think, I'll either make future episodes shorter, or keep them being longer. Since it is for the sake of critique, I may leave that to the original artists of the sprites I use.

Speaking of that, anyone is free to ask me to part of this. As explained in the video, just send me a private message. I'll only do something I want to do, or stuff I feel I can teach off of possibly. Of course be ready for me to possibly mock it in some way, but choosing to be anonymous is optional. The mocking will be of course merely for comedic value, and not serious. The overall purpose of this is to teach. If you're hard pressed to figure out how to improve, I think this will be able to help you.

Link to the first part of the pilot episode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q_PhjIo5XQ

Well a good chunk of videos lately. However plenty of sprite creation tied into it too I feel.

Episode 1 now exists for my CnC stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnp4HKGgP78

A contest gave me inspiration to fix up that Ice/Fighting Snowman of mine:

A person by the name of Icyblue created a drawing of a critter. He asked if I would sprite it, and I figured he was a cool enough guy. So here is the result:

This is the a link to the original image:
    http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6369/vqm880.jpg

And a video of me actually spriting it. Basicaly Fakemon Demo 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypk8kQJpzdk

Finally I also have an update to Super Poke World. Raichu is more completed, a couple of different enemies, and a special surprise at the end:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFVejhy2cL4
    Last edited by Jappio; 10th March 2010 at 9:50 PM.

I like em. I agree with commander blitzkrieg. weird. . .
    Safari Zone! Woot! Join here:
    http://safari.forumotion.com/ It's the bomb!

Another bored day in class, another random sprite. This time around I try Paper Mario style and made an Octorok. I'll probably make a couple more things in this style, but probably will only bother while in class, cause actually school work is lame.

Also have Episodes 2 and 3 uploaded now of my critique thing.

Wow...there's so much stuff here that I don't even know where to begin. How about just a great job! Keep up the good work! Although...that Claydol/Mr. Mime/Jynx in Sheet 40 is going to give me nightmares...

Marvelous work. You've made so many that I can't even begin to give you constructive criticism. Just keep doing what you're doing!

Here I am again making Fakemon that aren't my own. I need to learn to work on my own things once and awhile =P

The first one has two sizes because I wasn't sure which I liked better. Probably an inbetween would be best, but I think those two work fine. I can claim one is 3rd gen and the other is 4th gen =P

Based on the designs of Nikkiboy029:
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...y_edited-3.png
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/armarout.png

Now as some of you know I don't take requests. However this guy was awesome enough to make this for me:
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...y_edited-2.png
    so I couldn't help but offer up a gift for him in return. I may do the 3rd evolution of his grass starter line if I get the time. I may even upload the video of me making the 2nd form eventually too.

Seriously though. When I first stumbled onto the thread with my little Blitzby all drawn up I was freaking. I never before have received free art like this, so randomly. Every other time I've either art traded or it was between friends. This is in a way like fan art, and that just flattered me beyond belief. So as a spriter, I feel I've in some way have crossed a milestone. I have now had something I made been so well liked someone wanted to draw it themselves.

Wow, it's been a long time, eh?

I like the new stuff, that Octorok from a while ago is totally sweet! Although it may need to be a bit lighter, but that could just be me.
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

And on another note:

▲ ▲

When I was making it, I thought it looked dark too. Yet it would seem that's just how Paper Mario Style is. Most of the stuff seemed dark colored like that. I think in game the dark colors are balanced by the bright environments.

A small, but at the same time new splice sheet. This time around I have just a few things I felt like doing. Lt. Raichu was for a contest, tied for 2nd =D Ash from Evil Dead was a request from a friend of mine. The others were just things I made. The lack of requests does seem to shrink the size of my sheets by the seems of it too =P

Oh also I love my grass dragon. I consider it one of my personal bests =D

This is just something I did while bored. No real purpose, just felt like spriting something, and the thing that came to my mind was a porcupine, although the quills are a bit short so some might see it more of a hedgehog. I honestly don't care.

Lately I felt I haven't done anything quite big enough. I needed to do something special. I've gone from project to project. I've done a few different things. However now is the time I think I'm ready for a bit of a turning point. I wanted to do a sprite that I could feel gauged my abilities, and was at the same time significant. I know I do a lot of Pokemon stuff, but Pokemon isn't my favorite thing ever. No The Legend of Zelda is. So to help have me reach a new mile stone, I made this:

I used a style that was used in some random game I found out about while trying to figure a style. it's called CapcomXNamco (Caught my eye because of the Tales of Characters I saw =P). I may or may not do a cool animation in the future. So really I am looking for any kind of comment here: CnC, comments, critique, whatever!

Well I made up some changes to the sprite. Face was changed and a bunch of other things. Still looking for comments and what not though.

yea, i like the second way better. it's better with his face looking towards the vewer.

You've displayed real skill in shadowing technique in the link sprites, i can't find any flaws with them.

is that gunman ASH ash? or coincidentally named ash? haha.

More Super Poke' World stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5HTPhwbheM

Well a couple of splices I've been working on. The bottom ones are the first 3 of 8 that I'm doing for a contest I've been waiting for. Hopefully I can get the next 5 for it done some time soon.

I like the idea of having thebaby Kaganskhan and a male version, just that it's has all black outlines, you might wanna fix. Also, why would a normal type Porygon evolve into a Poison and Dark type?
    I'm just letting you all know that I will not be returning to Serebii. I've lost interest. But please remember to visit my DeviantART!
    ¸.-~*Pokemon Insanity*~-.¸
    ¸.-~*Breeding Pokemon, Breeding Insanity*~-.¸

It becomes a Poison/Dark because it becomes a virus, which I believe Dark/Poison properly fits such a type of Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jappio View Post
    It becomes a Poison/Dark because it becomes a virus, which I believe Dark/Poison properly fits such a type of Pokemon.
    Ohhh....That makes more sense, maybe make Normal a type, so the evoluton will mke more sense

It should be called Porygon-V (Virus)
    I'm just letting you all know that I will not be returning to Serebii. I've lost interest. But please remember to visit my DeviantART!
    ¸.-~*Pokemon Insanity*~-.¸
    ¸.-~*Breeding Pokemon, Breeding Insanity*~-.¸

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast