Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Jappio's (Supposedly Awesome) Splices and Captace Region

Quote Originally Posted by Jappio View Post
    Nope, it's Shroomette, a totally original character I created. Please do not steal, I worked really hard in designing her.

Yeah though, she most definitely is based on Toadette. Even the name I use for her "Shroomette" does little to hide that fact. I've brought it up a few times, but I suppose I need to recall I should usually bring that up whenever I post her for the first time on a page.
    I see, sorry I didn't have a whole lot of time to browse the page and see that, it was literally at a glance.

Hi! I love your stuff The splices are a bit varied in quality, by which I just mean that the ones with less C+P'd parts look amazing, and that just makes the ones that do have a lot of C+P'd parts look sub par, but I'm guessing those are slightly older ones, because you can clearly make fantastically blended designs, and great scratches!
    Speaking of scratches, your region looks pretty good to me. At first I was disappointed with the designs, as I didn't think they looked very Pokemon-y. They actually remind me of some old ones of mine, which is not a compliment unfortunately <<; But then I realised you were going back through and redoing them, and I must say that every one of the re-dos that I've seen is a huge improvement. They are all generally better quality sprites, and definitely look a lot more Pokemon-y. And I like the concepts too They're not the kind of thing you usually see, but that's a good thing!
    Also, the couple of animations I've seen skimming back through a couple of pages look fantastic! You're clearly spending a lot of time on them, and the time and effort is obvious. They're very smooth, and generally look great! You also have a good eye for detail, for instance, I wouldn't have noticed there was anything wrong with the axe blur, but it certainly looks a lot better now that you've changed it.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

I'm sorry Cloneydew, I hadn't meant to sound harsh or critical of you. I was sincere when I said I should bring it up each time, that is on me. I do not expect the casual viewer to look at all the pages I have here, and it's up to me to inform about my stuff each time. Sorry if I came off as hostile or anything like that.

Thanks for the comments JammyU. Lots of years of practice here, and it's always nice to know some level of imrpovement is being made. A lot of it couldn't be done though without the critique I get at a lot of places. A lot of my animations are only as nice as they are thanks to others commenting on how they could be fixed =)

-----

Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

Last edited by Jappio; 23rd April 2014 at 6:30 AM.
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!

Ray is both a white mage and black mage. She specializes in single target spells. She is devoted to her religion. She is confident in battle, not being the type to hurt overs, but when she needs to, she can hold her own.
    Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

The famed mimic Vargas joins the team! A mysterious man with the ability to copy the moves of foes and allies! Here, he's performing his basic sword attack...

Or rather, the basic frames I'm planning. Going to need some inbetweens, and you know... details. Yet it's the basic plan so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jappio View Post
    I'm sorry Cloneydew, I hadn't meant to sound harsh or critical of you. I was sincere when I said I should bring it up each time, that is on me. I do not expect the casual viewer to look at all the pages I have here, and it's up to me to inform about my stuff each time. Sorry if I came off as hostile or anything like that.
    I know it's a while after this was said, but I have just noticed it and wanted to say that all is well, I understand what you mean! Your stuff is awesome, some really high quality stuff!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920