Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me.......

Question Is it just me.......

......or is it strange that in hgss gold was replaced with ethan, crys with lyra, and.....um.......err.......ah.....silver with silver!?!?! Anyone else think this is strange!?!?

Pika22
    BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!
    3rd Place!

No, not at all.

Well, I think Ethan IS Gold. The only character that was changed was Kris. Kris and Lyra seem to be totally different characters. Why they didn't use Kris though, is an utter mystery to me.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

How is it strange?
    Last.fm

Gay libertarian atheist cis caucasian facetious eccentric lovable nutcase male.

Leviticus 20:13

btdubs my name on Smogon & Pokemon Showdown is The Funky Stunky

Well Ethan is not like Gold at all (- the hair), Like said, Lyra nothing like Crys, And Silver nothing like the origonal! Only the rival did not get his name changed!

Pika22

Oh, how did you get that Bar in you sig? (the one that says "Sleeping Forest"?)
    Last edited by Pika22; 11th November 2010 at 9:34 PM.
    BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!
    3rd Place!

I guess so. Why would they change this stuff?
    If you agree that Dragonite is simply the happiest dragon around, copy and paste this into your sig and then spread the joy that Dragonites' have! (Started by Dragonite19)
    Do you like any "classic" Mario Games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, or any other Mario games from systems such as the NES, SNES, N64, or older Game Boy systems? Than join the Classic Mario Games Group! Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=2735

I have claimed Gyarados!

My sig really needs an update, I know. =_=

Quote Originally Posted by Pika22 View Post
    Well Ethan is not like Gold at all (- the hair), Like said, Lyra nothing like Crys, And Silver nothing like the origonal! Only the rival did not get his name changed!

Pika22

Oh, how did you get that Bar in you sig? (the one that says "Sleeping Forest"?)
    uuum Ethan is clearly Gold. And he is confirmed to be Gold. only kris changed into lyra, but the others just got a redesign. I think they still look almost the same but cooler and better artwork, cuz silver's old artwork is pretty ugly imo
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

......or is it strange that in hgss gold was replaced with ethan, crys with lyra, and.....um.......err.......ah.....silver with silver!?!?! Anyone else think this is strange!?!?

Pika22
    No, not at all.

Pika22
    It's a remake, of course they changed the character designs. And Silver is a character you choose the name for. -_-
    IDK about Crystal and Lyra.

I do not find it strange, as it IS a remake.

I don't find it strange at all. However I do find Lyra to be ridiculous looking with her Mushroom hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

Ethan looks just like Gold. Lyra and Kris are the only changes.
    The Psychotic Warrior.

The only thing that surprised me in HG/SS about the characters was that Lyra was her own unique character and not just a redesign of Crystal. Ethan is Gold which is sort of obvious, Silver is Silver of course, but Lyra isn't Crystal. Yeah they look a lot alike but they aren't the same character. I don't know if I think that's a problem but I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. I'd also like to know why Gold was given the name Ethan in the English versions though. It doesn't sound much like "echo" to me :x

Strange Thing #2: Starting in Gen I, they had name sugestions, but they just dissapeared in HGSS!

Pika22
    BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!
    3rd Place!

Strange Thing #2: Starting in Gen I, they had name sugestions, but they just dissapeared in HGSS!

Pika22
    They dissapeared in Emerald...

But they came back in DPPt.....

Pika22
    BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!
    3rd Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster Rannon View Post
    I don't find it strange at all. However I do find Lyra to be ridiculous looking with her Mushroom hat.
    I totally agree

it doesnt bother me at all, whats so creepy about it? They use game characters for anime all the time
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    They dissapeared in Emerald...
    They disappeared in FR/LG... unless if you're talking about your rival, and Emerald doesn't let you name a rival.

But they came back in DPPt.....

Pika22
    and it wasn't in D/P/Pt, suggested names are only for your rival.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I don't find it strange because . . . hmm . . . well because it's a remake
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by swampertlover5712 View Post
    I don't find it strange because . . . hmm . . . well because it's a remake
    I don't understand though. Isn't that more of a reason to find it strange? Since HG and SS are remakes of G/S/C, then it would make sense to keep characters like Kris in these games. That wasn't the case however, as they replaced her with Lyra. That's one of the things that people find strange about these games. I don't blame people either since I was also looking forward to playing as Kris in these games, but was stuck with Lyra and her freaky hat instead.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 6:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I don't understand though. Isn't that more of a reason to find it strange? Since HG and SS are remakes of G/S/C, then it would make sense to keep characters like Kris in these games. That wasn't the case however, as they replaced her with Lyra. That's one of the things that people find strange about these games. I don't blame people either since I was also looking forward to playing as Kris in these games, but was stuck with Lyra and her freaky hat instead.
    Okay, lets think about this.

Kris is short and representative of "Crystal". She has blue hair, eyes, and accessories, representative of "Crystal". She was introduced in the third version, Pokemon Crystal.

So why on Earth would remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver include a character that clearly represents Pokemon Crystal?
    Fan of Pokemon Special's Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloi View Post
    Okay, lets think about this.

Kris is short and representative of "Crystal". She has blue hair, eyes, and accessories, representative of "Crystal". She was introduced in the third version, Pokemon Crystal.

So why on Earth would remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver include a character that clearly represents Pokemon Crystal?
    I've always thought of HG/SS as remakes of G/S/C, probably because HG/SS contains many aspects from Pokemon Crystal. Eusine wasn't in G/S, but he was in Crystal. That carried over to HG/SS. So did some of the stuff exclusive to Crystal like the Blue Card and the Clear Bell, the Dragon's Den Dragon User Clan quest, and some other stuff I might have forgotten. I don't see why it would have been impossible to include Kris in HG/SS since they went ahead and added so many other Crystal aspects into HG/SS. I'm just throwing that out there :/
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling error.

I've always thought of HG/SS as remakes of G/S/C, probably because HG/SS contains many aspects from Pokemon Crystal. Eusine wasn't in G/S, but he was in Crystal. That carried over to HG/SS. So did some of the stuff exclusive to Crystal like the Blue Card and the Clear Bell, the Dragon's Den Dragon User Clan quest, and some other stuff I might have forgotten. I don't see why it would have been impossible to include Kris in HG/SS since they went ahead and added so many other Crystal aspects into HG/SS. I'm just throwing that out there :/
    Good point though. I haven't actually played G/S/C so...I didn't know what was new...but now I do.

As to why they switched Kris with Lyra...I have no idea. Lyra's sprite when walking about creeps me out.
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/5f0ze0.png[/IMG]

Sig by me

Diamond FC - 3395 1993 2150 [KESHAN]
    Platinum FC - 2321 4526 2950 [Keshan]
    HeartGold FC - 4255 0262 6619 [Keshan]

No, HeartGold and SoulSilver is not a remake of Crystal. All of the extra stuff added in the third version was added because they didn't have time to put it in Gold and Silver, thats how they make the third versions, according to Masuda anyway. But the Crystal character was made within side the theme of the Crystal, not the theme of Gold and Silver, thus brining her back would be silly. If you all dislike it, just pretend its Kris wearing another outfit (as is the case in Pokemon Special) and name her Kris. *shrugs*
    Fan of Pokemon Special's Yellow.

She almost looks as if she came over from Mario world with that hat.
    Zeffrus got 'em all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast