Thread: NeedleWall Challenge

Default NeedleWall Challenge

After seeing, attemting, and finishing the Nuzlocke Challenge, I thought I should design my own and attempt it with other people. I made up the rules, and plan on attemting it soon. I called it needle gate for one of the rules I created, which can make it alot harder than Nuzlocke, but can be helpful too if you abide by it.

Rules
    1. You must Nickname ALL pokemon you catch considerably, and give them kind nicknames, not ones that just show how annoying they are.
    2. When you exit a city, and enter a Cave, Dungeon, Route, body of Water, Gym, Pokemon League and anything similiar, you must battle every trainer in that area before you can exit. If you only have pokemon with low HP, too bad. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE)
    3. If a pokemon faints, you must put it in a box, and cannot use it until you win a number of trainer battles in a row equal to the pokemon's level. If a level 7 Bulbasaur faints, you have to win 7 battles IN A ROW berfore you can use it again. This way, if you overtrain and lose your pokemon, tough luck.
    4. You may only catch ONE pokemon per Route, Dungeon, Etc.
    5. You can only heal at pokemon centers. Items, and healers that insist you "take a rest" are not aloud. The only exceptions are the first rival battle, and healing with your mother BEFORE you enter Viridian city.
    6. You Must have the battle option on SET.
    7. You may not BUY ITEMS except for poke balls and TMs.
    8. You may not recieve pokemon from NPC's or Trade with NPC's.
    9. You cannot recieve items from items from NPC's unless it is forced, or is the bike voucher in firered, or Poke Flute, also fire red.
    10. You may not trade pokemon with friends, even if the only purpose is to evolve it. No exceptions.
    11. If all your pokemon faint and you are unable to partake in trainer battles to revive them, you have to start over.
    12. In FireRed and LeafGreen, you may not use the Nugget Trick to obtain more money. Only 1 nugget allowed from the rocket member.
    13. In Emerald, you cannot use the cloning glitch.
    14. In HG and SS, if your pokemon "survives the poisoning" it is considered fainting. Stop using it as soon as possible.
    15. You cannot use your Master Ball.
    16. You CANNOT catch legendary pokemon.
    17. You MUST faint all legendary pokemon possible to obtain before the Elite Four, BEFORE you challenge the elite four.
    18. You cannot save in front of trainers. (This does apply to the Rayquaza in pokemon Emerald, so have fun with that!)
    19. You cannot access the Day Care centers in any game.
    20. You are not permitted to use rare candies.
    21. You cannot use Softboiled outside of battle
    22. You cannot equip pokemon with items that have a use while being held.
    23. You are not allowed to pick up items on the ground, unless it is a pokeball, key item, important item in the game, or similiar.
    24. Your are not allowed to run from a wild pokemon battle. This does not apply in the Safari Zone
    25. Have fun with it!

This challenge is designed to push you to the upmost limits, and test your reasoning before you go into a place that you could easily lose in. Be very careful.

Please post your log of activity in this thread please. Have fun with it! XP
    Last edited by Sweep Freak; 16th September 2010 at 2:08 AM.

This sounds suspiciously like a Nuzlocke challenge with edited rules.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

It kind of is when I look at it. I tried to make it more difficult, but when I do look, it does look like a nuzlocke. Hm.

No, don't worry about it. It has some distinct differences that make it harder in some ways and easier in others. I may endeavor to try it in Emerald once I finish with my Fire Red Nuzlocke.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Yeah I added a new rule to add to the diffuculty.

Rule 24, and Rule 2 were changed. Well, rule two was fixed.

Rule 2 is like a Blessing and a Curse. It gets your pokemon powerful for future battles. But, high levels have the cost if your opponent faints. And in addition, if your pokemon are weak, it's difficult not to lose.
    Last edited by Sweep Freak; 16th September 2010 at 2:10 AM.

If I do it(I already have more challenges then pokémon games),I will catch legendaries but will not use it.

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message