Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Most Annoying Thing In PBR

I'd definately say sunset colloseum. Though i love battling there in free battle. It has an epic view. I dont see why people hate Neon. I can get the ones i want every time. (Though ocassionally i have an epic fail)
    Looking for event pokemon and shinies. Send a message if you are interested in trading them for ho-oh, lugia, jirachi or mew.

Friend code: 4726-6120-0429

PBR, lame because of:
    1.Uber users
    2.Noobs
    3.People who d/c
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

The most annoying thing for me is that so far, the game is too easy.
    I have had one Pokemon faint in the entire duration of the game so far.
    Then again, I've only done three colosseums.

This is the team I brought for Main Street
    Gengar
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt

Kangaskhan
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Dizzy Punch
    Earthquake

Slowking
    Psychic
    Surf
    Brick Break
    Amnesia

Armaldo
    Metal Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Earthquake
    X-scissor

Bronzong
    Light Screen
    Iron Defense
    Charge Beam
    Faint Attack
    (I know, he has no STAB moves. He lost 1 fight in Mainstreet, but he took out one of the enemies first. He only was defeated because he was put to sleep and then when he recovered he got paralyzed.)

Drapion
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Poison Fang

My team for Waterfall/Crystal colosseums
    Electivire
    (It's the one from PBR)

Blastoise
    Ice Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Surf
    Bite

Venusaur
    Toxic
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Giga Drain

Machamp
    Brick Break
    Bulk Up
    Earthquake
    Cross Chop

Weavile
    Night Slash
    Faint Attack
    ???
    ???
    (I forgot its other two moves, but it only used Night Slash anyways, frequently OHKO-ing the opposition without being super-effective)

Snorlax
    Crunch
    Body Slam
    Brick Break
    Giga Impact

With this team, not ONE Pokemon fainted through two entire colosseums.
    Was it this easy for everyone? Or does it just get a whole lot harder?

too easy game, not interesting, too boring, i tought it was like colloseum and xd, those were good specially colloesuon
    Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono
    I actually find people who don't like the tiering system don't fully understand it.
    ^^Exactly^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drifblim25
    Abomasnow Lv100 @Icy Rock
    ^^Epic Win^^

I hate pretty much what everyone else listed, great minds hate the same stuff? Lol. I also hate users who have pokemon with unatural movesets/abilities ex. wonder guard spiritomb with Lock-On and 3 1-hit K.O. moves.
    Join my new site The Star Road Forums! Talk anything about mario! http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Star_Road_Forums/index/

Quote Originally Posted by PainofSeparation View Post
    With this team, not ONE Pokemon fainted through two entire colosseums.
    Was it this easy for everyone? Or does it just get a whole lot harder?
    The game is a joke in difficulty when under around rank 6-7 in any of the colosseums. Rank 8 for some colosseums can be slightly more difficult, though hardly a challenge. The only real challenge you face is a small learning curve with the roulette wheel.

But at the same time even in Rank 8 you can get pretty easy matches, and the AI is often times so bad you could play the game blindfolded and still win. The AI suicides something fierce and double battles are made even easier when your opponent does most of the work for you at times. Of course its not like Pokemon games are known for their difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ElegyCity View Post
    The game is a joke in difficulty when under around rank 6-7 in any of the colosseums. Rank 8 for some colosseums can be slightly more difficult, though hardly a challenge. The only real challenge you face is a small learning curve with the roulette wheel.

But at the same time even in Rank 8 you can get pretty easy matches, and the AI is often times so bad you could play the game blindfolded and still win. The AI suicides something fierce and double battles are made even easier when your opponent does most of the work for you at times. Of course its not like Pokemon games are known for their difficulty.
    I remeber having a double battle where the AI proceeded to Earthquake only affecting it's team mate which KO'd it and had zero effect on my Levitate ability pokemon. Then the very next poke the computer sent out exploded, fainting itself and it's partner while yet again having no effect on my two ghost pokemon. Needless to say I won that match lol. So yeah not being able to play the match hardly at all was annoying.

I can't stand the rental colosseum when you are at the early ranks because the move sets are just terrible and the battles get to be uninteresting. It does get better, but I still always prefer using my own team on a pass rather than rental ones. The colosseum with the wheel that has both your team and the opponents mixed together isn't always fun either when you have bad luck and get their pokemon instead of your own.

I hate that if they use doble team ONCE it imposibble to kill them! D:

Ingame Name: Grego
    3ds Friend code: 0447-5750-8765

Japanese players always beating me >.> unless i get lucky

Getting criticized (on youtube) for using my own team with favorites just because of the stupid catagorizing thing

And dark void Darkrai's in double battles (i only use dark void for emergencies)
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

My only real problem is that I run into a lot of standard Smogon teams that d/c or quit as soon as they see my team. I also run into a few teams that use all legends, but ever since my Delcatty lucked out and got an assist chain of Foresight and Return to take down a Giratina, it doesn't bother me as much.

Also, the fact that too many people refuse to share their friend pass, despite the fact that there aren't any drawbacks for them, but that's just me.
    Someone with a passion for video games, writing, and reading. Remember, every story has a purpose, even if it's hard to find. That's what makes the adventure so exciting.

I use what I like, and play by the Worlds rules (meaning OHKO, Evasion, et alia. are allowed). I don't care about EVs or IVs, or the community-based competitive rules and metagame. Take that as you will.

Sunset and Neon colloseum. Who's idea were these? -_-

how slow Lagoon Coliseum is.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

My main problem in PBR is that when you get to higher ranks, people start using ubers in there team. Got to that 100-streak place and ended from a Lugia...

Also that place... Just to get those passes I thought you could just quicksave... I went to 87 for nothing...
    I'm currently looking for Dream World Tentacool, Natu,
    and Slowpoke. PM if you would like to work something!

Solosis | Female | Shiny ★ | Magic Guard
    31 HP | 31 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 30 SpD | 30 Spe
    Bold Nature | Hidden Power Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    Getting criticized (on youtube) for using my own team with favorites just because of the stupid catagorizing thing
    To quote Karen:

Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.
    Don't let those people get to you -- you should be allowed to use whatever Pokemon you want! I'll be using my favorites, too...

Back on topic...

I'm not getting this game until Christmas, but based on the videos I've been watching on YouTube, the only things I see are:

- Teams consisting of mainly ubers on Wi-Fi.

- Hackers on Wi-Fi.

- Sore losers on Wi-Fi who either disconnect, forfeit, or don't exchange their Passes.

Can't think of anything else...
    Last edited by FlareonJupiter; 22nd October 2009 at 6:40 PM.

DeviantART Studio Jupiter (TBA)

Survival Battle.

I lost on the 100th one.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

Sunset Colosseum and its messed up RNG. Seriously, I get the pokemon every time -_-
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

those dang neon and sunset colliseums
    thay could have improved neon by having 2 seprete wheels, 1 for you and 1 for your opponent

Rarity is best pony :3

I think the most annoying part of this game is having to listen to an eccentric john-linen impersonator droll off on mindless statistics, the likes of which include his "Super cool level 52 power-swap medicham." And not to mention he has to have every little bit of sound effects up on high volume, while my family and my therapist, listen and make fun of it. THAT is the most annoying part of this game. But considering I have to stay on topic, I'll say that the same eccentric person got owned by a full team of level 100 Arceus. And to put myself in his shoes, he probably threw the controller out the window. Oh well.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I hate how in a colloseum (forgot name) you have to swap your pokemon around. I had to use a rental pass instead of my awesome dp team...
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    I think the most annoying part of this game is having to listen to an eccentric john-linen impersonator droll off on mindless statistics, the likes of which include his "Super cool level 52 power-swap medicham." And not to mention he has to have every little bit of sound effects up on high volume, while my family and my therapist, listen and make fun of it. THAT is the most annoying part of this game. But considering I have to stay on topic, I'll say that the same eccentric person got owned by a full team of level 100 Arceus. And to put myself in his shoes, he probably threw the controller out the window. Oh well.
    Hahaha. I agree. The commentary is terrible and 90% of the time inaccurate. For example when a non-supereffective moves KO's a pokemon it says "didn't do much damage". And it makes PBR tiring at a point.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I think the worst thing about PBR was the gameplay. All you ever d
    do is battle, battle, BATTLE BATTLE!

There is no mini game or anything. It's just "wow you beatthat coliseum, oh wait, there's another one, go complete it!"

I think the game would be better with extras.

If there is going to be a sequeal game, I think gamefreak need to do a serious recheck on other features besides battling.
    oh yes!

Currently soft resetting for shiny dialga in pokemon diamond version. Once obtained, I will have a shiny dialga AND a shiny palkia

What annoys me is that you can't set your pokemon to level 100 temporarily during DS battle mode.

the fact of so many people using legendaries... it's soooooo boring having to battle the same pokemon over and over again (palkia, dialga and darkrai mainly)

"RIPPED by dragon claw!"

The commentary can be so lame.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast