Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Annoying Thing In PBR

So far, it's the announcer. He doesn't know how to pronounce a Pokemon name to save his life... -_-; I remember he stills says Poh-NEE-tuh instead of Pony-tah. You don't need to make the 'e' so extreme...

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2i1drp5.png[/IMG]
    PO username: [PK]Dark Goddess
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/ot1z7n.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/fk9u1k.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Hokiemon of Nintendo Worlds for the banner
    and Dr. Chaos for the userbar. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Chibi Absol View Post
    So far, it's the announcer. He doesn't know how to pronounce a Pokemon name to save his life... -_-; I remember he stills says Poh-NEE-tuh instead of Pony-tah. You don't need to make the 'e' so extreme...
    I find it odd that he says Toge-E-tic. And he doesn't still say them. He is different to the one from Stadium.

Don't forgot Chime-Echo. Or is the the right pronounciation?

How the camera gets perverted on the Cool Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTyphlosion157 View Post
    Don't forgot Chime-Echo. Or is the the right pronounciation?

How the camera gets perverted on the Cool Girl.
    ugh... I noticed that too.......
    and yeah, The announcer pronounces the pokemon's names all weird.
    .... I think Chim-Echo is right though....

~Here I thought I lost you, when you were here all along.... ~
    I've missed you!
    -Image drawn (hastily) by me-

A few things I hate

People with only ubers on wi-fi:
    These people are too lazy to train pokemon so they just use the uncreative duo of Dialga and Palkia

People who cut off the game on wi-fi:
    Seriously, when you are about to lose, don't cut your game. It doesn't even show how many times you have lost. Stop being sore losers.

Hackers on wi-fi:
    People who catch LV 100 Lucarios at Route 202. Just train your pokemon up to the level you need it at. Hacking is just an excuse to say "I feel good at this game by cheating."

Besides those, nothing else bothers me.

In my opinion the most annoying think is the amount of people using Ubers online.

My first few online battles on the game were againsed uber teams and its beginning to be every battle im in is against ubers!

I just got PBR a few days ago...

I've had a few Wi-Fi battles, and I've only fought one team who was using ubers... and I still won. lol Good ol' Weavile and her CB Ice Punch...

But the Neon Colosseum was frustrating. The first time through, I was using Pokemon like Metagross, Snorlax and Gyarados. It's not fun fighting these Pokemon with Metapods, Kakunas, and Unowns... >_<

I tried the Sunset Colosseum for the first time today and I lost at the Final Battle. >___< Now I have to do it again! The movesets those Pokemon have are terrible! Like I used a Victreebel that knew Sweet Scent, Acid, Swords Dance, and Captivate. What is that? I mean, seriously. >_> Ugh... it's too annoying. The only somewhat decent Pokemon come at the very end of the Colosseum!

And I'm using the Cool Girl... but I don't like her very much. But I don't like the Little Girl or the other female trainer... and I don't want to use a male character since I'm female... lol But that stuff can be ignored. lol

I agree that the announcer also says some Pokemon names incorrectly... or at least now how I pronounce them. Like... Mis-magg-ee-us... I thought it was Mis-maj-ee-us... Oh well.
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    I just got PBR a few days ago...

But the Neon Colosseum was frustrating. The first time through, I was using Pokemon like Metagross, Snorlax and Gyarados. It's not fun fighting these Pokemon with Metapods, Kakunas, and Unowns... >_<

I tried the Sunset Colosseum for the first time today and I lost at the Final Battle. >___< Now I have to do it again! The movesets those Pokemon have are terrible! Like I used a Victreebel that knew Sweet Scent, Acid, Swords Dance, and Captivate. What is that? I mean, seriously. >_> Ugh... it's too annoying. The only somewhat decent Pokemon come at the very end of the Colosseum!

I agree that the announcer also says some Pokemon names incorrectly... or at least now how I pronounce them. Like... Mis-magg-ee-us... I thought it was Mis-maj-ee-us... Oh well.
    Neon Colosseum can be greatly simplified with this strategy:

Go catch yourself 5 Magikarp and put them on a pass with a decently strong pokemon with an attack boosting move like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot (I used my Manaphy with Tail Glow). If you can learn to position the roulette cursor just right, you can grab your one strong pokemon. The best way to do this is to position the cursor about halfway between the middle and the topmost part of the circle. Once the pokemon you want is at about 5 o' clock, drop the chip and it should land on the one you want. You'll learn to adjust correctly eventually. With some luck, the opponent will end up with at least 1 or 2 of your Magikarp on his team. Whenever the Magikarp is out, used that opportunity to stat up a bit (The computer almost never switches).

For Sunset, make sure you check the moves of all 12 pokemon beforehand. It's a good idea to pick fast pokemon with a decent set of moves.

The majority of names are pronounced correctly, I've found. Mismagius is one of the worst though. He also puts the emphasis on Marill incorrectly. It's MAR-ill, not Ma-RILL.

Prepubescent (maybe, maybe not) players who just jump in and get owned.

neon colloseum is not that bad guys it is quite easy to get at least one or two of your own ev trained pokemon and therefore win
    latest battle: beat zapdragon14 4-0
    Quote Originally Posted by I_will_pwn_u_all74 View Post
    u should get your heatran to lvl 100 and teach it magma storm in its last slot.
    magma storm does insane amounts of damage and surronds the target in a magma storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_will_pwn_u_all74 View Post
    lol my empoleon will destroy (utterly) your toterra even if empoleon is a water type i have several secret weapon moves and pokemon that truly pwn them all.
    lol, on the heatran one he called himself arceus

Some of the things that annoy me is:

The amount of teams that base their strategy, game, life around Dialga and Palkia. All everyone has is DIalga and Palkia. Everyone has Ubers and I hate it.

The amount of people who hack the game for Shiny pokemon with maxed out EVs and movesets that sometimes dont even fit with that pokemon. Grrr... I hate it.

Luckily you can turn off the announcer :S

FRIEND CODE: 2321 3805 0439

OSL GYM LEADERS DEFEATED
    1/8

Heh, even though the amount of Ubers is annoying, I'd say 95% of them have NO idea what they're doing. But, when theres' someone who does know what they're doing, you're going 0-3.

Hackers aren't usually as bad, seeing as they have Pokemon just like mine. Only difference is that they cheated and I raised mine. Still a fair fight, they're just lazy or whatever.

The announcer is actually pretty cool IMO. Yeah, he can't pronounce half of the names, but still. Come on, you're not telling me it wasn't cool the first time you heard him say "Anhilated by Shadow Force!". Also the way that he gets annoyed with you when you don't choose your moves quickly is funny. "The trainers STILL haven't chosen they're Pokemon yet." Heh.

Neon collisuem and the gosh dern announcer "hit by dragon pulse" so annoying...
    Communication Breakdown

HG (J) FC: 4254 5999 0956

I hate how in the little battle your opponents know moves way above level 5. Like a tentacool knew Hydro Pump and a Buizel knew Razor wind!

I ALSO HATE HOW THEY TOOK OUT MAGMORTAR AND ELECTIVIRE IN THE PAL VERSION! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed Solitude View Post
    I hate how in the little battle your opponents know moves way above level 5. Like a tentacool knew Hydro Pump and a Buizel knew Razor wind!
    That's the whole point of the little battles. Part of the strategy is careful breeding of your pokemon. Breeding two Tentacool/cruel that both know Hydro Pump will result in a baby that knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed Solitude View Post

I ALSO HATE HOW THEY TOOK OUT MAGMORTAR AND ELECTIVIRE IN THE PAL VERSION! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM!
    There IS a code, but it's different from the NTSC version.

I haven't even tried Sunset Colosseum. I can't beat Neon...

Specsmence saves my butt against UbEr AbuSeRZzZ. Once my opponent had Palkia, Rayquaza and Mewtwo.

Palkia+Rayquaza got OHKO'd each, and the Mewtwo attacked second, using Focus Blast before the second Dragon Pulse wrecked it. Afterwards I found out my oppopnent was a hacker because he found his pokemon at illegal locations.

This was what he had.

Palkia
    Gentle
    Spacial Rend
    Thunder
    Ancient Power
    Hyper Beam

Rayquaza
    Adamant
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor
    Earthquake
    Fly

Mewtwo
    Impish
    Hyper Beam
    GIGA IMPACT
    Focus Blast
    Swift

my luck in neon coluseum...
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

Neon. The one thing I don't have is luck.
    Userbar by Arceus Master
    Top 5 faves: 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

agreed i hate it when they get lucky
    Click on ^ to prevent it from death This means YOU!!!

pearl fc=2664-3107-0591

I'm seeing the same complaints again and again, but no-one seems to have mentioned the lack of 4-player. This was the worst part of the game for me. Has no-one else got enough friends with D/P to notice this?

Oh and yea, I'm stuck on Sunset. Hate it so much.

Little Battle in Sunny. Why do their Pokemon have good moves. I don't want to waste my TM's on crappy level 1 Pokes. Ah well....
    The text in your signature was all caps so it was erased~! Read the signature rules.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny a.k.a Reedy View Post
    Little Battle in Sunny. Why do their Pokemon have good moves. I don't want to waste my TM's on crappy level 1 Pokes. Ah well....
    Their Pokémon have good moves so that it is not a walk in the park. You could just breed Egg Moves onto your ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bookist View Post
    agreed i hate it when they get lucky
    what he means is he doesnt have luck when selecting the pokemon so he gets stuck with pokes like kakukana

i have the same problem, i never get any of my evd team but when i will uses 6 magikarp i will get them all!
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

2 small things that are annoying:
    1: Japanese guys ALWAYS play as little girl. It's so obvous that they're guys. PAEDOS!
    2: Using a specsmence against an army of metapods and kakunas always results in "Iiiiiiiih by dragon pulse!". The announcer can't prounce a 'T' for his life. Never mind the 'H'.
    Wow I'm in need of an updated signature.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast